Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]

Go down 
+23
Mick Chapman
Timo Vermeersch
Andre Cunha
Alberto Ibañez
Adam Hackman
Steve Parker
Florkin Marc
Mario Gassner
Michal Janak
Tomáš Matoušek
Greg Hunt
Karel Marciniszyn
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Honza Mild
Paul Velasco
Claudio Navonne
Gérard Ryon
Dan Faas
Paulo Rodrigues
Vladislav Zenkov
Vadim Taciak
Bruno Chacon
Mike Becnel
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2020 - 23:27

I will post the race 3 announcement this evening (US time)
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2020 - 23:37

Vengeance for Buenos Aires.

In the P4 qualifier, that's about what I expected.

At the start, Mario did not boil his teapot and did not move, three-wide before T2, P2 after the T2, jet Greg ran around about half of the drivers and took the lead. A lap later, I overtook him back and began endless winding laps.

In parallel, I still struggled with drowsiness, Moscow time is now 1:00 AM, and I have to go to University tomorrow. I thought that I would fall asleep on a long straight line and fly straight, but I stood it.

At the end of the race, I made a mistake in the slow bunches of corners, pressed the brake a little harder, and I spun on the old tires. There was a lapper-Gabriele behind me, and I tried to release the racing line as soon as possible, since my engine was running after the spin and I didn't need to re-rev it. Especially I spun in such an unfortunate place that he (in my opinion) can't see me. But he either made a mistake or noticed me, but he went to the outside of the track, and we had a little contact. Not killing race, but he lost the front wing and had to go to the pits. It moved from P6 to P7. Fortunately, he managed to overtake the P6 back. In the end, he finished where he was before the contact. I am glad that everything ended well for his final position, sorry again. I hope my 9 points not in danger.

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2020 - 23:39

Sorry Mike Becnel i drove as a complete idiot.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Feb 2020 - 23:44

Gabriele Del Piccolo wrote:
Sorry Mike Becnel i drove as a complete idiot.

No worries, $&@$ happens. Was fun to duel with you up until my untimely mating with the wall lol!
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 0:05

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
The link for tonight's broadcast has been created:

Timo

not possible to watch in france ... scratch
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 0:07

Greg Hunt wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

In Russia too.
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 0:17

My hunch was correct, when I reentered the track I was full lock left but car went straight. I was probably high sided and could not tell. I clipped Steve Parker and likely broke his suspension as he spun and high sided. I thought the entire pack had actually passed but that is not an excuse, I need to get my look left & right buttons reset like rF1.

Sorry Steve, bad move by me.

Saw the start wreck, the Renault turbo lag misery continues. Looks like he got punted into Paul then I punted him off track as he pinned me to the left wall. Everyone needs to realize the Renault's are dogs at the start. Same as they were in history.

Vlad, your reentry that I watched on Timo's broadcast live was not the most beautiful driving in the world per your own admission but your points are likely safe.

So now we have been through the first 2+1 races and you should begin to see who you need to be careful around. What typically happens is the fast drivers learn who to avoid like the plague and the slower drivers learn to back off. I recommend that now.

Myself, Vlad, Gabriele are all on the "behave better list." This means we need to watch ourselves closely for some time.

I saw the event with Michal live - no action there.
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 1:18

Not sure who got taken out by stalled car on the beginning of the front straight. My tires were over heating despite my fuel saving. I would've made it on firm but o well. Sorry to whoever's day I ended.
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 9:17

My race was simple: Rubbish.

Vadim Taciak wrote:
Paul Velasco tried to overtake into T1 - I saw this and didn t even attempt the corner and left room. Went off just as the tyres.
Very unnecessary move mate :D. No space for two cars there. Oh well.
Sorry if it compromised you, I had good pace and was going to try a three stopper...
And unnecessary moves are the story of my life!!!  
:doh:

Mario Gassner wrote:
Paul, sorry to ruin your race.
Thanks Mario but no apologies required - thats Racing! I ruined my own race all by myself by thinking I was in a 400 metre sprint when HSO F1 1979 is actually a marathon. It's mindset I am working on.
:top:

Big Merci to all the admins and organisers, Tomi for his relentless live stream and everyone who puts in the effort to make this impressive HSO club happen and an enjoyable Brazilian Grand Prix.
:clap:

Next goal is to finish a race because Colin Chapman is pissed off with me.
And finally, to my teammate Vlad who is going to be hard to beat this season. Great race mate
:first:  :flag:

Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Reutem10
SHIT HAPPENS
:conduit:
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 10:24

Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
Greg Hunt wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

In Russia too.

me problem about copyright with WMG " warners music Group " in my country , is it possible to do something ?
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 10:38

Greg Hunt wrote:
Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
Greg Hunt wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

In Russia too.

me problem about copyright with WMG " warners music Group " in my country , is it possible to do something ?

Same in Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 14:03

We're looking into the copyright issue regarding the broadcast, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

As for my race, yet another nightmare Rage

Early qualy in the wet was OK but my screen froze just as it stopped raining. Takes almost 10 minutes for my historic PC to reboot and rejoin server, and when I came back it was to see I was DQed :rigol: - probably something my car did in the few seconds I stayed frozen on the server I guess.

Switched to other team car, rejoined, I had time for just one flying lap, plenty of mistakes in it but still P8 on the grid. So I was looking forward to a nice race. Then Honza got kicked (again Sad) at the start, so I pulled on the grass to whisper with Mike about an eventual restart. Then proceeded to rejoin the pack to finish the formation lap : screen freeze again Evil or Very Mad .

Can't wait to have a new PC to race on. With this one I am forced to run every gfx setting at "low" or "off" and barely can scratch up 40ish fps Rolling Eyes . I never see the real road groove, or the rain, or any special effect for that matter.

Grats to Vladislav and all finishers :top: Beautiful pole-position by Gery in the Ligier Cool.

I saw some pretty wild pit outs in qualifying. This circuit is nowhere near the worst in this respect, and given all the in-game tools & HUDs available there is literally no excuses for ruining someone else's fast lap with a lousy pit exit. Please beware of other drivers at all time, whether on track, entering or exiting pits, or even in the pitlane. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 14:38

What to say? Honestly said I was not happy to run the old layout as I never really learned that but during the wet practise I start to like the track and I was hoping for a wet race. Unfortunately when I join for race no longer any raining. From that point I know that I will be horribly slow as I did not a single lap on dry track.

Than my teammate cannot join the race due to the buggy session switch, which makes me sad. Than on start it looks very well, I think I have fine start, there was a crash in front of me but I manage to avoid, but probably not completely because one I drive around the crash, something hit me from behind, so I ends up in the wall...car was not hugely destroyed so I was able to contnie, but accumulated frustration pays the bill and I stupidly crash after few laps.

looking on the schedule I am happy we will leave the south america and do some tracks I like much more :D
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 17:25

:papy: Formidable,foooormidable,je suis formidable.(Stromae)La pôle a 63 ans,c'est une première HSO ?
Donc,bien parti 1er.Deuxième virage,je mord le vibreur,perte de vitesse,4 ème a la courbe suivante.Quelque tours,je passe Greg.Je reste derrière Michal,pas de stress,je gère mes pneus.A la faveur d'un doublé,je passe Michal.21 tours avec les soft,passe par les stands,et je termine :second: .
Bravo Vlatislav. :first: super Greg :third:
Pourquoi je vous raconte tous ça?:biggrin: Tout est dans la diffusion,merci Timo. :top:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 19:56

Congratulations to the podium and to everyone that finished.

The Qualy did not go well, but I had predicted a good pace for the race. Initially that's exactly what happened, until half of the race.
And I even was very lucky at the start, going from 13th to 7th at the end of the 1st lap ...

Then started the problems with my steering wheel, in particular with the gearbox reduction lever. A chaos: it either did not reduce at all or reduced 2 at once... spinning and going out of track was what followed.  Rage

Of course, hitting head-on against a Renault (?) when I was 4th or 5th did not help.

Now... waiting for South Africa, in 2 weeks.

PS; I also cannot see the youtube, due to the reason already identified

Last edited by Paulo Rodrigues on Mon 17 Feb 2020 - 19:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 19:58

Paulo Rodrigues wrote:

Of course, hitting head-on against a Renault (?) when I was 4th or 5th did not help.

That was me Paulo, I owe you a beer or two to make up for it :drink:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 20:04

Dan Faas wrote:
Paulo Rodrigues wrote:

That was me Paulo, I owe you a beer or two to make up for it :drink:

Very Happy
But you now: Sincerelly, reviewing that lap... I think I could have avoided the hit... since I saw your car in time but it seems that it was moving on to my right...that's why i'd tried to pass it by the left. Conclusion: possibly I have to go to the ophthalmologist...

But I accept the beer anyway! :drink:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 20:35

That was an unexpected double duty evening. I drove the qualifying heat at Ontario Speedway with ISO. But I got a message from Mike that there's an available McLaren for me. First, I didn't want to drive as I had no practice at all. But the ISO race was over at 20:45 and I simply couldn't let Interlagos go (thank you for the permission to race :drink: ). I started last in an ill handling car (too much understeer), not knowing how it will change during the race. But the biggest question was whether I'll handle the race with my disabilities. My left foot is held on the brake by an old Ikea shoe bolted to the pedal. Though I had to continuously re-check the foot, braking proved to be no issue. However, my paralyzed left cheek caused some trouble. How? My left eyelid doesn't work as well, the eye gets dry while staring at the monitor and in reaction to this, it tears up. I must solve it by some eye drops, it's very uncomfortable. Anyway, the race went very well, the result is totally unexpected and enjoyed this car a lot. rF2 is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Feb 2020 - 20:58

Greg Hunt wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

I'm the culprit: to have some additional eye candy, I took some superb HSO-overlays made by Ben and some footage from the old Tiago movies on the main site and edited all onto a quickly Audacity fabricated soundtrack.

The soundtrack was a remix from The Chain and the original The Chain pasted together. In all, there is maybe 1 minute of the original Chain song used... But that was enough for Warner to file a complaint with Youtube... Like anyone is going to watch a 3 hours stream to hear one minute of the Chain????

I filed a request to be allowed to use the track on the EULA fair use provision. We will see.

Anyway, please all accept my sincere apologies for this farce... Another broadcasting lesson learned.

Toimio
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Feb 2020 - 17:03

Mike Becnel wrote:
Mick Chapman wrote:
sorry for the late notice...…...my internet has been down since Tuesday and wont be sorted until tomorrow.

Been wondering where you were, good luck with the IT fun.

Seven hours on the phone (with a large share of me loosing my shit with whoever happened to be on the other end of the phone).....with my ISP (not for much longer) and eventually, thanks to a resourceful national network engineer after 10 days of arsing around with my ISP, took him half an hour to do a work around.

Does anyone have a "real road save file" and track/ambient temps for "on the day" (At start of the HSO event)
Back to top Go down
Andre Cunha
Club Driver
Andre Cunha

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Feb 2020 - 20:14

First I want to congratulate the admin for getting the histoci version available, so mucg better. Thanks for the effort!

Mario Gassner wrote:

Edit: Just watched the replay...I was moving into a Ligier who was right behind me (probably Andre). Just saw the Lotus from Paul flying from behind and wanted to give space...sorry guys. Definitly my fault. Was my first race start in several years so will try to make it better the next race. Paul, sorry to ruin your race.

Sorry about the start Mario and Paul. Was moving in between the renaults, and at the race didnt even feel a scratch. Looks like you warped at that very moment. Was further ahead of the pack at the start of the race but in 3 or 4 laps just burned the front tires and geban to slide off the line/track.

Got way back, and still getting used to the VR sets, so when I decided to pit and change tires, a bit of head movement looking for the game overlays made me hit some wall and get a lot of seconds at the pit repair.

After returning had my pace back and it seemed that Id be able to catch the guys battling for 6th, but suddenly the occulus disconected. Was happy in finishing my first race with the VR, rF2 and RFB and stick shifting, but no. Had fun anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]   Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Interlagos [Feb. 16th]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4