Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]

Go down 
+28
Ryan Sampsell
Juha Bos
Richard Wilks
Mick Chapman
John Thim
Yves Plaçais
Richard Coxon
Scott Urick
Raul Jereb
François Remmen
Grant Riddall
Jacob Fredriksson
Raymond Riddall
Jan Kowalski
Alberto Ibañez
Bruno Chacon
Bob Holada
Lee Simpson
Greg DellaCella
Jason Whited
Michael Drechsler
David Jundt
Alan Forster2
Jari Bruppacher
Adam Hackman
Martin Lacina
David Sabre
Jason White
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 14:35

Grats to the guys on the podium and David on the win.
I enjoyed watching the broadcast last night. The battle for P2 was entertaining and fun to watch.

For me...a P9 under power in the March86? Yeah, I'll take it. Damn near feels like a victory in it's own right.
I started the race with 51% engine health (according to XD)...just had to be really easy about over revving or running the boost too high.

No chance of staying with the pack in the underpowered '86, but it was consistent, thanks mainly to Jacob. Truth be told, he saved my race. Without the setup he kindly shared with me earlier in the week I was honestly about to drop out. I tried running some laps with the ffb off but it wasn't working out. Too awkward and all the play in the wheel had me feeling like it'd just be disaster so I contemplated dropping out. Jacob comes along with the set and I go to the track....completely shocked by the excellent suspension work that allowed me to turn my ffb back on (and even up)....resistance was back, so the "play" left the wheel. The "feel" was back so I could know what was going on with the tires, and the setup was completely driveable. Thanks again, Jacob!

My only goal was aim at the top 10, which seemed a long shot unless some dropped out. Slowly but surely that happened. Then, disaster almost struck as I was distracted by something real world momentarily and had a long lazy slide right into the inside barrier T2. Luckily the car hit just right and I hopped the railing. Took me a few to reorient and figure out how the hell to get out of the infield, but I managed to find a gap in the wall right at pit lane entrance. Convenient! ...because now I need a damage stop. Crew fixed me up and off I went.

...mostly alone, the pack ran off and left me within a lap or so each restart (to be expected given the car)

Hairy track to be the slow guy out. Managing race traffic flying by was a handful. A high line and my car did not get along but it was really the only place to go get out of the way when fast traffic was lapping. Hope I stayed out of the way enough and no one felt like I stepped in front of them or made any dumb moves. I kept a constant eye out for lapping cars and tried to plan accordingly. A bit easier to do when you're not racing for position, but still no picnic.

All and all, fun race, even if I was alone most of it. Being lapped by battling lead cars never gets old to me (when I'm in these inferior cars) and is sometimes nearly as much fun as battling. The build up of them catching and then successfully letting them by is a tiny victory each time around and I try to look at it as such.

Anyways, enough from the P9 guy. No one wants to hear a P9 story.
But hey, March86, scored some points, I'm happy.

As always, thanks for the professional atmosphere you guys provide, HSO. Amazing, and no one does it like you guys do here. Excellent work! :top: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 14:51

Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Would you believe there is a Triple Crown Swiss watch?   Very Happy

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 MW1306RGSUSWW-2
http://www.steinhausenonline.com/product-p/mw1306rgsusww.htm

Nice, you still have my address from the trophy from indy, right?

Yes, but not 1,500 USD to spare Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 14:55

Jason Whited wrote:
No chance of staying with the pack in the underpowered '86, but it was consistent, thanks mainly to Jacob.  Truth be told, he saved my race.  Without the setup he kindly shared with me earlier in the week I was honestly about to drop out.  I tried running some laps with the ffb off but it wasn't working out.  Too awkward and all the play in the wheel had me feeling like it'd just be disaster so I contemplated dropping out.  Jacob comes along with the set and I go to the track....completely shocked by the excellent suspension work that allowed me to turn my ffb back on (and even up)....resistance was back, so the "play" left the wheel.  The "feel" was back so I could know what was going on with the tires, and the setup was completely driveable.  Thanks again, Jacob!

Glad I could help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 15:36

Jason White wrote:
Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Would you believe there is a Triple Crown Swiss watch?   Very Happy

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 MW1306RGSUSWW-2
http://www.steinhausenonline.com/product-p/mw1306rgsusww.htm

Nice, you still have my address from the trophy from indy, right?

Yes, but not 1,500 USD to spare Razz

Ah, check the usual places in the net for a 3,50$ chinese knock-off :D
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Oct 2017 - 19:08

It was my best race in this series so far. I felt really strong on this track even with these bumps. I used a baseline setup from indy with a lot of wings and bit softened suspension and i think it was pretty balanced in the race and a lot fast in the corners against other guys with Lola and Penske. I chose tyres with stagger 0,15 but it was my main mistake in the race. During the first stint i set in the pit menu instead of "no change" the different tyres without stagger so that "no stagger". Hehe what a similar word. After first pitstop i become to be more slower than in the first stint and i couldnt understand why but during the battles i have no time to think where is the problem so i didnt solve it. I have a 2 or more stint battle and drafting with Grant and when i saw me at the front i felt a chance to shine. I revealed my problem with the stagger before my last stint and it was too long to beat David in his Lola. After last pitstop i tried to brake the draft of Michael and catch David but it wasnt possible so several laps before finish i lost another 2 position against the Penske rocket. Thanks everybody involved for clean and dramatic battles!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]   Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Pocono 500 [Oct 1st]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6