Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]

Go down 
+33
Florkin Marc
Philippe Martinelli
Rubén Fernández
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Lacina
Jason White
Petr Hlavac
Jari Bruppacher
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Wilks
Dana Schurer
Jason Whited
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
François Remmen
Greg Hunt
David Jundt
Peter Blom
Yves Plaçais
Jonatan Acerclinth
Austin Johnson
Michal Janak
Jan Kowalski
Raymond Riddall
Jason Fitch
Raul Jereb
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Steve Parker
Grant Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Adam Hackman
Richard Coxon
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 19:30

Very enjoyable race last night.

Had a good fight with Jacob early on, eventually he pulled a small gap which lasted most of the race, until he caught and battled with David allowing me to close up . Jacob got by then me after Davids slight off. Now into fourth position with a few laps to go, then disaster, I realized I didn't have enough fuel. Embarassed Entered the pits for a quick stop, but got a penalty for speeding. I thought it was 60mph not that this made any difference to my final position.

Great race , great mod, great broadcast , well done to Richard and Grant.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 21:04

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Je vais essayer de rechercher sur le replay.

Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 21:26

https://player.vimeo.com/video/257530457
Is that a front left lockup?
I remember the car running really wide there and I didn't do anything wrong, it was a very strange moment.
Did the suspension break, very unusual. scratch
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 21:27

congrats HSO on the first race on AMS using your own content! Also congrats to all the drivers, i know there were a few issues, but with a field that size, it was a fabulous site on the broadcast to see everyone being reasonable. :top:

qualifying: after 3 runs managed to get down to my pb for the week and was amazed to see so many fast times. put on the set of tires i had saved, tightened down the belts and set off on a mission. nailed one of the best laps of my sim racing life, and with the times being so close vaulted me up to a surprising 5th starting spot.

race: i know it doesnt show on the broadcast, but i really did try to save and conserve the tires, at least the first half of the race. saw a lot of tire smoke and had hopes of saving mine would pay off later. when i ended up behind wilks it was clear he had the same idea, but managing it even better than me, didnt see his car smoke or out of shape once. all these "save" plans went out the window when the balance really started to shift with the fuel burning off. instead of adapting, tried to keep driving it the same and undoubtedly ran out of talent and got out of shape a couple times, once letting wilks and jacob thru, another with a slight tap of the rail that further hindered the handling. from there, i stopped fighting it and let it do what it wanted, which resulted in even more "sloppy" driving, but manged to hold on to the bucking bull to the end. Jacob, you seemed to be able to drop back and drive back thru with ease, staggering pace :clap: Ray, looked like you did a better job than i with saving the tires and really closed up in the second half. shame about the fuel, you should have waved and i would have pushed you down the straights ;P

richard and grant, you guys were gone! team matra were flying too, shame for the issues, good promise for the next rounds. congrats to all racers and special to the finishers!

to the next race!
dave
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 21:37

François Remmen wrote:
but  want to appologies to Grant the last few laps
thought it was save to stick on the inside without loosing too much on Martinelli i was after , a little touch, but  lucky it went well, at least we kept racing ..

No need. wasn't your fault but mine. I turned in far too soon and didn't leave enough space.

Overall a great race! Not much to say other than a great 1-2 for team Surtees!

Broadcasting was brilliant as usual guys! :top:

Thanks for a great night!
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb 2018 - 17:10

Jason White wrote:
Screengrabs up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1485

nice screens Jason :top: By the way Jason after my retirement I watched a few laps from the race from the HSO broadcast but your microphone/voicesound was quite low so it was sometimes hard to hear what you were saying. Or was it just me? :frank:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb 2018 - 18:19

Peter Blom wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Screengrabs up

nice screens Jason :top:   By the way Jason after my retirement I watched a few laps from the race from the HSO broadcast but your microphone/voicesound was quite low so it was sometimes hard to hear what you were saying. Or was it just me? :frank:

Yes, Alberto and I both have mic issues that need addressing.  We will work on this. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb 2018 - 20:24

Jason White wrote:
Screengrabs up

I am on screen :clap:

THX
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb 2018 - 20:34

Martin Lacina wrote:
Have to say you HSO guys did a great job with this mod. It is a masterpiece. Really. I love it a lot. And covert it into the AMS give us a lot of another fun and experiences. Maybe now will be a bit problem to switch from one race in CANam to the next in F171 because the driving style, especially the braking is a totally different thing. In this race im glad i beated all the ferrari guys because their pressure at the beginnnig was really huge. Congratulation to Surtees guys. You was from another planet.

it is not surprise that You beat me, before the race i was in trouble to setup Wheel and car and AMS to my needs for safe results, AFter nearly losing hope for finish race i found 2h before race start the right combo for me and in the race i was surprised that i didnt end in crash after 5 laps , instead bad end i overtook many cars on track include my team mates. One point in race I was under 3s from you but as we must go thru lapped cars, i los usualy 2s to you (they cost me time when i have problem to overtake them as it wasn sometimes redable if they make room or not ) so when the distance grow to 10s i give up and my target was take care of tyres to finish the race (last 10-13 laps started vibrate a little)
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb 2018 - 0:36

Michal Janak wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Screengrabs up

I am on screen :clap:

THX

So am I Rolling Eyes :doh:
Back to top Go down
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2018 - 15:56

Great broadcast! I watched the whole thing on Sunday. Really impressed and looking forward to watching more AMS racing. Will have to look out for a one off drive bounce
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2018 - 20:25

Watched live coverage yesterday (and replay too), great job and show from everyone (racers and comentators and mod builders ), :top:

cars are moving on track in beliveable style,

what i can say that in interview i told something not 100% correct. At the start it was only my mistake (not slowed cars in front, i did something wrong and lost speed) and at the end i wasnt chasing the 5th placed car to finish line (Martin was 15s ahead) but someone lapped.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2018 - 18:58

A bit late, but the Kyalami-report is now up HERE.

Enjoy.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2018 - 19:18

Fantastic read Timo. Those pesky admins not letting the Rhodesians enter Barcelona. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2018 - 18:39

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
A bit late, but the Kyalami-report is now up HERE.

Enjoy.

Timo

:top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7