Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]

Go down 
+33
Florkin Marc
Philippe Martinelli
Rubén Fernández
Alberto Ibañez
Martin Lacina
Jason White
Petr Hlavac
Jari Bruppacher
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Wilks
Dana Schurer
Jason Whited
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
François Remmen
Greg Hunt
David Jundt
Peter Blom
Yves Plaçais
Jonatan Acerclinth
Austin Johnson
Michal Janak
Jan Kowalski
Raymond Riddall
Jason Fitch
Raul Jereb
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Steve Parker
Grant Riddall
Timo Vermeersch
Adam Hackman
Richard Coxon
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 21:44

Too cautious into turn 1, had mild spin, and lost both back wheels due to pasta noodle rear suspension tapping wall? FOCK
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 21:53

Well that was a quickie! While behind a Ferrari on lap 5 I understeered off the track...really a rookie mistake because I put too much gas on it. Ripped of left side of the car. How about that Mr. John Surtees..don't fire me! What a Face

First lap was really an amazing experience...everybody in front of me were going so slow, looks like many of the guys were riding on ice :D

For the next race I have to find about 1,5 seconds...hope my quick teammates can help me out :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 22:11

the start crash at the back was very unnecessary. I was the last involved car that were hit by that chain reaction. Car was bend, pulling to one side
Pace was not too bad. I had no training and temporarily use a old wheel with no ffb and strange pedals. Could stay with the top 20 pack, but made some frustating errors so i decided to retire and take no one out.

Good luck for the rest :flag:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 22:22

Tout allait bien, 3eme a mi course.

Tout d"un coup, le moteur se coupe... course terminée ! :hello:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 22:26

Im moron. I started the race on worn tyres.
And had a connection lost eventualy.. too bad.. nice race..
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 22:49

Unlucky Yves. I was beginning to think that I would have to let you go through just before I spun into the barriers. :doh:
My car was really quick at the start of the race but I was beginning to fall away, I'm not sure why scratch maybe I also had an engine problem.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:08

David Sabre wrote:
Unlucky Yves. I was beginning to think that I would have to let you go through just before I spun into the barriers. :doh:
My car was really quick at the start of the race but I was beginning to fall away, I'm not sure why scratch maybe I also had an engine problem.

Pour t'avoir suivi de très près (à toi la ligne droite Shocked , à moi les virages :antoine: !) pendant pas mal de tours, j'étais aux premières loges pour voir ce que je pense être une casse de ta suspension arrière gauche qui a dégagé d'un seul coup une petite fumée un tour avant ta sortie. Ca m'a étonné, nous n'étions pas en plein freinage, et j'ai vu que ta voiture semblait moins stable. Tu ne pouvais plus rien faire pour éviter le tête à queue, c'était inévitable.

Dommage, je me serais bien vu aller ensemble jusqu'au bout pour un beau tir groupé, tant pis !

Par contre, j'ai bien l'impression que les Matra sont aussi fragiles que jolies !

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Sun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:08

Congrats Richard, Grant & Jacob.
The broadcast look great. Shame that I had to watch.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:10

Steve Parker wrote:
Well same outcome,hit in rear and punted into barriers with someone hellbent on passing at all costs :bangry:
I do appologiese Steve, that was a bit clumsy on my part.

But the problem for me, was that I had the inside line and expected to be given the gap but you came over in the braking zone, something I hadn't anticipated, which caused the contact as I locked up in a vain hope of avoiding contact.

But again, my appologiese Steve.
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:10

Well had a good qualifying and beat my teammates. But during the race, at some point my wrist started to hurt (I guess too much simracing today, had been on iRacing earlier) and I had to find a way to shift differently in order to not hurt my wrist anymore. This lead to me being not consistent enough and dropping back through the field.

Also I have a question. I got a drive through near the end. I went into the pits to serve it but of couse I was assigned another speeding penalty as pit speed limit is 50 kph. This made the game drop me from 14th to 15th in the end. I guess I will be counted without the penalty in P14 right?
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:12

Well, i think Jacob was hell bent on finishing my race today, he almost took me out on the first lap, but he came back to finish the job :hihi:

Car was a dream in qualy, but i had so much understeer in the race, i was expecting it, but people around me were pushing so so much and making many mistakes, i was trying to not make mistakes, but i was caught in the end anyways with nowhere to go...

Now a lot harder track next.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:14

I ruined it all by myself by hitting the wall at the exit of Sunset on lap 2 or 3. The repairs put me two laps down. Later I completed the job by clobbering the inside wall at Sunset, which dropped me even more laps down. After that I just cruised to the finish with a car intent on killing me if I tried to do 1.16's again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:18

Richard Wilks wrote:
Well, i think Jacob was hell bent on finishing my race today, he almost took me out on the first lap, but he came back to finish the job :hihi:

I'm very sorry about that. Lap 1 was a brain fart, that other incident the car got the better of me. You were an innocent bystander both times. Pretty good racing inbetween at least!

As Richard implied, I had a pretty eventful race! Great start, a brainfart, and then continuos battling with Richard, the BRM's and a few other cars for the next 65 laps. Very happy to scrape home a podium after all that!

Congratulations to the Surtees duo! Impressive.

Last edited by Jacob Fredriksson on Sun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:18

Jari Bruppacher wrote:
I guess I will be counted without the penalty in P14 right?

I really don't think so Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:25

Greg Goissen wrote:
connection lost pale pale Sad Sad Sad  bad start of sesson Sad Sad

first laps were fun , but  I I only heard the sounds of other drivers scratch study so was very dificult to drive pale

i had the same problem and i lowered the noise of other cars to 30% before the race
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:33

Peter Blom wrote:
Well that was a quickie! While behind a Ferrari on lap 5 I understeered off the track...really a rookie mistake because I put too much gas on it. Ripped of left side of the car. How about that Mr. John Surtees..don't fire me! What a Face

First lap was really an amazing experience...everybody in front of me were going so slow, looks like many of the guys were riding on ice :D

For the next race I have to find about 1,5 seconds...hope my quick teammates can help me out :smil20:

yes the starters to 10th place shocked me and i lost speed and all from behind get past me so i started somewhere on 18th position. it was then amazing to get to top 10 and finaly to last point position, after i lost hope in practice session, strugling to find wheel setup (as i weak ago stepped from aged red momo with 270 degree of rotation to G29) and strugling to find enough stable setup for me and find how to finish on that tyres which i had octagon shape after 4 laps in all lasrt day attempts, so finaly 2h before the race i found good combination for me and i finish the race without trip to grass, spin and the tyres started to not be round some 13 laps from end
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb 2018 - 23:41

Great race!!

Results up, points to follow

EDIT: Points up

ANTHEM -- WINNING DRIVER AND CONSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 1:23

Well...shit.....

Barely qualified, wasn't real worried about the race, as I figured there would be attrition and I race better than I qualify. Plus, I figured if I was in th eback I could avoid some of the start/first turn Shenanigans.

I got a great start I drove by Jan, Timo and was in the process of getting by Adam when I saw the reason everyone was so slow off the line, I moved left but had Timo beside me still and couldn't move fast enough. From the moment I saw the car till I hit it was the blink of an eye. Tore off the right front and the nose, limped it around hoping they could put a new wheel on, but they could not. I was very surprised when I realized I'd hit Dana, a rare mistake on her part stalling the car.

Didn't even reach the start line before our race was over. I'm sorry Dana, I just didn't have time to react.

On to Montjuic....Will be tough, at least I get the new car for that race.

BTW: Watching the broadcast now, Love the graphics and such, resolution is great and the booth is good, as always.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 3:27

Screengrabs up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1485
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 10:02

Yves Plaçais wrote:
..., j'étais aux premières loges pour voir ce que je pense être une casse de ta suspension arrière gauche qui a dégagé d'un seul coup une petite fumée un tour avant ta sortie.....

edit : David, je voulais dire : ...suspension arrière droite....
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 10:11

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Thanks Yves, I don't recall hitting anything hard enough to bend the suspension, it must have been my little trip up the inside of turn 1.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 11:04

David Sabre wrote:
Yves Plaçais wrote:
Thanks Yves, I don't recall hitting anything hard enough to bend the suspension, it must have been my little trip up the inside of turn 1.

J'ai vu cette petite fumée se dégager du côté droit de ta voiture dans Sunset Bend, virage à droite.
Rien ne l'expliquait si ce n'est une casse. J'ai d'ailleurs vu immédiatement ton chassis s'abaisser et te voir en difficulté tout au long du tour jusqu'à ta sortie.
Je vais essayer de rechercher sur le replay.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 16:11

Well, primary goal for me and my little under performing car was to position it in the top 15.
P13 final, I'll take that...considering the car.  cheers

Great racing at various points throughout this one in many parts of the field.
And really enjoyed the broadcast last night.  This sim is very photogenic and the cars look really cool on track :clap:

Congrats to Richard on the win and thanks to him and Grant for the show at the end.  Drivin' em into the ground, was awesome to watch.
You two (especially Grant) were surely ridding on flatspotted tires with all that tire smoke I saw... :rigol:

Great fun.

And while my car might not be much competition for many others, I thoroughly enjoyed driving it.  In terms of handling, it fits me like a glove.
Maybe when we get these suckers somewhere like Monaco, or dare I say, the Nords....then might be time to consider pushing the puppy in an insane attempt to find a point or two.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 18:33

first time, all new mod and new sim , for everybody

all spot on what a great pleasure to drive these cars :clap:
well i was mostly touring the car around, cause i wanted to finish the race
and feel what the car and tires does after a full distance

from racing aspect it was totaly opposite cause i was far from competative
being lapped was sometimes hairy , spun a few times sideways to not wanted to spoil the fast guys , but  want to appologies to Grant the last few laps
thought it was save to stick on the inside without loosing too much on Martinelli i was after , a little touch, but  lucky it went well, at least we kept racing ..
79 laps and still laps short to have a fight for  a position  :jp:  :jp:

now it's time to work on speed  :yaa:

overal a superb combination and hope the upcomming tracks will do justice after they transported to AMS
as i intented to make them for rfactor and would like to aks to the admins when Montjuich and the others that will be transported to send it as a last check to me so i can tweak the tdf and some other things before they go online
i have very limited time to mod on AMS cause im spending to most time to the rf1 91 tracks but i have time for those small and important work that makes this season a real pleasure
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Feb 2018 - 18:53

Have to say you HSO guys did a great job with this mod. It is a masterpiece. Really. I love it a lot. And covert it into the AMS give us a lot of another fun and experiences. Maybe now will be a bit problem to switch from one race in CANam to the next in F171 because the driving style, especially the braking is a totally different thing. In this race im glad i beated all the ferrari guys because their pressure at the beginnnig was really huge. Congratulation to Surtees guys. You was from another planet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]   Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Grand Prix of South Africa [Feb 25th]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next