Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]

Go down 
+26
Yves Plaçais
Mick Chapman
David Sabre
Steve Parker
Raul Jereb
Alberto Ibañez
Adam Hackman
Petr Hlavac
Michael Drechsler
Peter Blom
Richard Wilks
Richard Coxon
Bruno Chacon
David Jundt
Grant Riddall
Bob Holada
Lewis Stephens
Juha Bos
Pascal Mikula
Jason Fitch
Martin Lacina
Jason Whited
Lee Simpson
Jan Kowalski
Dana Schurer
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 17:04

What were the changes in detail for the 1.2 patch? Seems the T88 files were changed.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 17:06

Looks like it was suspension stuffs for the Lolas.

....and tire files for all.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 17:12

Did I mention, I hate this freakin' track? Oh, I didn't?
Well, I HATE this freakin' track!!! No rhythm to be found...300 or so laps later and I STILL can't find it! hehe...
But, it's one of those love to hate it things. I sort of enjoy the courses I hate, much more challenging.

Survival race for me, it seems.

Also, while I'm here....

:grrr: Mad :bangry: *insert multiple cursings here :bangry:

For everyone that was cutting the chicane. grrrr....
We didn't "HAVE" to have this damned anti cut...which will probably be the death of about half of us. Would have been much simpler just to keep the frikkin' cars on the black stuff...but noooooo, here we are. (No idea who was doing it, must have been multiple people...but, I'm sure you know who you are. So, there's my bit of ranting for the day Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 811692321
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 17:17

Jan Kowalski wrote:
What were the changes in detail for the 1.2 patch? Seems the T88 files were changed.

A small glitch in the rear suspension was found, no big issue as people haven't even noticed the difference but we are perfectionists you know :D

The other change involved superspeedway tires grip, they had a bit too much and we opted to lower it after Indy as people already had practiced and made their setup with them. Again no huge difference, just trying to bring it closer to how we envision the mod Smile
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 19:38

Jason Whited wrote:
Did I mention, I hate this freakin' track?  Oh, I didn't?  
Well, I HATE this freakin' track!!!  No rhythm to be found...300 or so laps later and I STILL can't find it!  hehe...
But, it's one of those love to hate it things.  I sort of enjoy the courses I hate, much more challenging.

Survival race for me, it seems.

Seems to be tough here. First to find a stable setup and then learn to trailbrake and driving on the edge without cooking tyres
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 20:54

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Seems to be tough here. First to find a stable setup and then learn to trailbrake and driving on the edge without cooking tyres

Well, I've managed to get stable on lock. But, the most stable (for me anyways) isn't producing the times I think I am capable of here. I'm a lot faster skirting the edge with a crazily unstable setup, but I can't even begin to consider that for the race. Focus for me now is the race set rather than quali.

Cooking the tires is definitely an issue I'm having. I can correct it, but then the car is a pig.
More than anything, I just lose the [non existent] "flow" here. I can't get into a rhythm at this place. My laps very, at times, almost a full second from lap to lap. haha...so much for pacing.

Another 500 laps and I MIGHT find something here...if not, will be riding on a wing and a prayer.
My throttle maintenance is amateur, at best, here. THAT, more than anything else seems to be the cause of the erratic lap times.

Working on it... :yaa:

Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 21:41

Rhythm is okay for me (not blistering fast, though), but I struggle finding suitable reference points. And the difference between 'fast' and 'to fast' is very small here...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 22:31

What makes this circuit so challenging, IMO, are the decreasing radii in the corners.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2017 - 23:38

Its all about getting to the finish here. :champ: 104 laps avoiding any trouble. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 2:30

Jason White wrote:
What makes this circuit so challenging, IMO, are the decreasing radii in the corners.

That, and the fact that it's flat as a pancake (for the most part)...imo (but, I tend to dislike "flat" tracks...so)

Michael Drechsler wrote:
the difference between 'fast' and 'to fast' is very small here...

Yeah, I've noticed that too.  I can push, but at some point I reach a threshold where I out-drive the car.  Surely some of it is the set...yet, some of it is absolutely me.  

David Sabre wrote:
ts all about getting to the finish here. 104 laps avoiding any trouble.

My greatest worry is a shunt early on, late sector 1/early sector 2....those back and fourths..plenty of time for someone to complete miss a braking point and T-bone another driver Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 19:42

As posted in the Entry List thread, I'm out for this one.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 20:43

Jason Fitch wrote:

Can I take Jason Fitch's #20 for this race..........please?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 20:50

Mick Chapman wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:

Has to go through the Entry list reallocation.  Sorry.  Fitch's timing was really cumbersome on this one.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 20:57

Mick Chapman wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:

I have just read the "entry list" post. By my reckoning, if the car is not chosen by a full time driver, then it opens up to the waiting list (t1 etc during qualifying.

So I realise, as this stage my request to drive #20 at Portland is invalid........??
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 21:00

That is a good point. Let me re-evaluate this situation...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 21:03

Ok, given the awkward timing of this situation, we will offer #20 as a one-off for Portland, then reallocate it as a full-time drive after the race.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 21:06

#20 please
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jun 2017 - 21:08

Mick Chapman wrote:
#20 please

done
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 0:17

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 1:16

Jason White wrote:
Mick Chapman wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:
Has to go through the Entry list reallocation.  Sorry.  Fitch's timing was really cumbersome on this one.

Believe me, it was not of my own doing. Regardless, I do apologize for the frustration this is causing.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 9:06

David Sabre wrote:
Its all about getting to the finish here. :champ: 104 laps avoiding any trouble. :hum:

+1
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 12:02

Sorry about late withdrawal from this race,but unfortunately i have to work Sad ,so 98 car is free for this race.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 12:04

Im in
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 14:27

Steve Parker wrote:
Sorry about late withdrawal from this race,but unfortunately i have to work Sad  ,so 98 car is free for this race.

i would love to give the bandit a spin
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 14:45

Go for it David :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]   Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Portland Grand Prix [Jun 25th]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next