Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]

Go down 
+43
Philippe Bousquet
Ruben Freitas
Guillaume Siebert
Alberto Ibañez
Gabriele Maruca
Matthew Allington
Jukka Närhi
Karel Marciniszyn
Chris Hamilton
Oscar Hardwick
Glenn Corliss
Gérard Ryon
Mark Barresi
Frank Labédan
Florkin Marc
Philippe Martinelli
François Remmen
Serge Fort
Alex Barresi
Jean-louis Petillot
Pascal Le pihive
Tiago Malafaya
David Cid
Leo Menegucci
finally gone :)
Patrick Marucco
Greg Hunt
Vadim Sadoshenko
Jens Kraft
Carl Larrad
Yannick Lampure
Eric Daon
Yves Plaçais
Mario Gassner
Vincent Beretta
Cyril Derkir
Richard Coxon
Jason White
Frank Verplanken
Mike Becnel
Joel Sixou
Lan Weingerl
Martin Audran
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 18:44

Well I have yet to talk it over with the other admins, but at first glance I don't know why we should even bother to answer to the request of cancelling an event, as made by someone who did not even bother to read the forum rules when he registered and posted with a nickname Rolling Eyes . And then comes giving lesson of respect lol. Had we known the mod was not to be used publicaly we would have not used it. Now the event is scheduled and will go as planned I'm afraid.

This does not represent the official HSO answer in any way Razz .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 18:49

JP Campmajo wrote:
For starters, it's not our fault if a conversion is leaked.
Then, maybe I can ask you to remove Monaco from your track pack ? All the work on the harbor section was done by me, and granted I made the mistake to share my work on F1Classic, I was never given any credit for that. I'm not an admin here, but it's amazing that we are given lessons of "respecting others' work" when your team doesn't respect others in first place.
True but let's not start any "wars". We do not even know who he is (yet).

But, for the record, your work is uberrific JP Smile
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 18:53

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
@mgs_ita

The admins will of course discuss the mater with you, but regarding your question "Where did you get the mod from?"

It is openly downloadable for example here:

http://f1-sim-racer.co.uk/index.php/forum/17-rfactor/21951-rfactor-servers

I don't know where the admins got it, but it's not like the latest version was hidden from the public :smil20:
Excellent Alberto!
If you have a public link to the mod version 1.04 claims are absolutely not correct. I can name you (mgs_ita) some portals, involved version 1.04 and your attempts to prohibit this I assure you will not receive a success. Once again, do not leave the problem of information leakage on us!
Next time I hope you (mgs_ita) will be vigilant in information storage and avoid such incidents.
Which is bad first of all your reputation!
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:02

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
First you should introduce yourself to your real name. Please do not be offended, but for example, I'm not sure you are a developer. Secondly, if this version of the mod was in the network, is absolutely inadmissible be on different portals and prohibit already running of the event.
In any case, information leakage is the problem modding group and we are not obliged to suffer such problems!
Okay, maybe I've started with the wrong foot here.

I'm mgs_ita aka "GabSonic", known as Gabriele Maruca in real life.
COMS is composed by me, Oscar "Ozpata" Plada, Francesco "ChaosZero" D'Aloia and Donnie "Smallblockhero". Sadly, I don't know Donnie's last name.

The only release we released on the mainstream portals (rF Central, VirtualClassics and F1Classic) is the 1.03. Since that version, we collaborated with F1-S-R (namely Dave Purdy and François Remmen, as well as Jason White and the others) to develop a better, more realisti and more polished version. We are now in the 1.04.4, but the final release should be around 2.01, at the version we're working on is currently named 2.0.

Now, the 1.04 version (as well as the others) are only for private use by F1-S-R members, to be used exclusively on their league, as they have offered their help and a whole league to test it online and help us develop it better and better.

@ Frank: I know I didn't read the forum rules and I deeply apologize for that, but I had not the time: I've rushed to defend our work, wouldn't you do the same? If someone used your car and you knew it only the last possible second, would you not stop him?

@ JPCampmajo: I've asked Slimjim from F1Classic, the one who did the conversion and the upgrades for it. He plain and simple said that he was okay with that, he never mentioned you.
As you can read in his readme:

SlimJim Monaco Readme:

And when we asked who was the original author, we received a mail from Culmone67, that said to contact all the 1965 GPL mod team (both 1.0 and 2.x), SRMZ and F1 classic. All things we did and nobody told us a speck about you being involved. We have made our best to credit each and every one of the original creators, even Luigi70 and Wookie, even the DRM team, which granted us the permeission to use their F1 67 Reloaded sounds, even if modified.
Also, using "Guest" accounts doesn't help at all in searching for credits, chap.

Last edited by mgs_ita on Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:11

Jason White, not John White. Same Jason posting here. Same Jason who made you a cubic buttload of skins. (buttload is a scientific quantity equal to the number of ping pong balls you can fit in the trunk of a 1968 Impala sedan).

I was one of the ones at F1SR testing this. There is absolutely no mention anywhere on F1SR's site that this mod is in any way restricted. I read the whole topic as I was rather rabidly happy with seeing this mod. Given how many people ran the Monza race I was in, I am afraid to tell you your mod is pretty much released publicly.

Read my PMs to you please.
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:12

Well we will go another way.
You (mgs_ita) have official permission developers of grand prix legends on converting this material?
In the context of our conversation, I am sure this is a correct question.

Last edited by Vadim Sadoshenko on Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:14

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
You have official permission developers of grand prix legends on converting this material?
High ground Vadim, remain on the high ground. We do not do "petty" at HSO. He has a basis for his posts but I am hoping we can redirect to an outcome that will be better for all long term.
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:16

Obviously he never mentioned me, or anyone, the guy is a thief. He has a quite nice record for being in trouble with lots of people for illegal conversions, and being an a**hole too.

I still have the max file, which is dated to early 2010, just in case you feel the need to argue or belittle my involvement in the track.

So, either you release a new track pack without Monaco, and we may discuss about your request, or, you keep the track pack as is and we keep our open race like this too. Which is better for you guys ?

Oh and Vadim made me think, that Monaco conversion (Monaco rocks) was unauthorized in first place.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:24

The only answer is that one of our F1sr league member has put the link trough here not hard to quess...

btw jason would you be so kind to get youre ass back to the f1sr forum and fill in the blanks please!

Last edited by François Remmen on Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 21:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:25

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
You have official permission developers of grand prix legends on converting this material?
Sure I have, given by Bill Guillaume on behalf of: David Wright, Gary Tall, Gustavo Olivera, Steffen Weitzdoerfer, Doug Hardy, Gary Tall, Gustavo Olivera, John Franson, Rolf Farrell, Sam Dobie and the rest of the 1965 GPL mod team. Also, we received the rights for 2.01 and 2.02 from Nigel Pattinson on behalf of his co-workers.

Allright, let's arrange it like this, all of our sides are losing their dignity in this s**tstorm: mine, F1-SR's and HSO's.

You can hold the race and the championship (if you plan to do one), we keep Monaco, give JPCampmajo's his credits wherever possible in the mod and bury all this mess in the garbage-bin of the 'Net.

Deal?
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:26

lol its just hobby and nobody paid for any mod or track
did they?
Back to top Go down
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:31

mgs_ita wrote:
You can hold the race and the championship (if you plan to do one), we keep Monaco, give JPCampmajo's his credits wherever possible in the mod and bury all this mess in the garbage-bin of the 'Net.

Deal?
I don't know why, but I knew you'd come to that conclusion :jp: 
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:32

François Remmen wrote:
lol its just hobby and nobody paid for any mod or track
did they?
10 points for François. NOW I remember where I saw your name (F1SR). cheers

François Remmen wrote:

btw jason would you be so kind to get youre ass back to the f1sr forum and fill in the blanks please!

Apologies, but he has been chained to his HSO desk :D 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 1623587389 
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:38

JP Campmajo wrote:
mgs_ita wrote:

Deal?
I don't know why, but I knew you'd come to that conclusion :jp: 
It was almost inevitable... a classic piece of art like that is really hard to find Wink
Also, I'd like to apologize for my temper, I tend to... give an all out war on petty things sometimes (and certainly a huge teeth-ache doesn't help either... damned destist).

So... can we say that all of this is settled?
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:39

With all due respect to you mgs_ita. On the portal F1SR I have the opportunity to download version 1.04 even guest. That is a mod version 1.04 freely available on the network. You probably plan to visit several tens of portals to the prohibition? I assure you with such inadequate I meet very rarely.

Forgive me infinitely dear me HSO, but I am terribly indignant at such a disgrace!
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:41

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
With all due respect to you mgs_ita. On the portal F1SR I have the opportunity to download version 1.04 even guest. That is a mod version 1.04 freely available on the network. You probably plan to visit several tens of portals to the prohibition? I assure you with such inadequate I meet very rarely.

Forgive me infinitely dear me HSO, but I am terribly indignant at such a disgrace!
Thanks for proving that, I'll report that to Ace and Christian, the site admins. :top: 
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 19:59

mgs_ita wrote:
Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:

Thanks for proving that, I'll report that to Ace and Christian, the site admins. :top:
I sincerely wish you successfully complete the work of this great mod!
Without doubt, this project will enjoy great popularity among connoisseurs of classic Grand Prix.
But I would say that you chose very unsuccessful form warnings HSO about this issue. Creating a rather unpleasant precedent is detrimental to the reputation. I am sure that all users understand that HSO used this version of the mod in connection with its free availability of negligence developers.
Sorry this behavior on the part of developers is unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:01

mgs_ita wrote:
@ Frank: I know I didn't read the forum rules and I deeply apologize for that, but I had not the time: I've rushed to defend our work, wouldn't you do the same? If someone used your car and you knew it only the last possible second, would you not stop him?
Well when we release an HSO mod to the public, the public can do what it wants with it. If we don't want the public to use it we do not make it available to the public. I, for one, downloaded this version from the F1SR site without being a member of this community - that's public release for me. As been said before we cannot be blamed for your problems of communications with your partners or their lack of careness. Please don't blame Jason, Mike or any other of our members also part of the F1SR league for something they have nothing to do with.

Anyway it's a false problem. If you've been into simracing for long enough you should now that : make it available to the public and it's considered a public mod, period. As JP illustrated perfectly you are yourself using some material from people not only without their knowledge, but even without knowing who really made them anyways. I think it's the case for all the rFactor mods that are not 100% made from scratch :smil20: . Chill.

I am truly sorry this situation occured, but then that's life. If you ever publish a 100% finished 1965 F1 mod we'll be the first interested and wish you good luck with this great project, while also congratulating you for the work already done Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:03

François Remmen wrote:

The only answer is that one of our F1sr league member has put the link trough here not hard to quess...
anyway for repect to Gabriele I withdrawl from the race.

I am no longer an F1-S-R admin, and PLEASE do not confuse this unfortunate situation with that decision. :doh: 

Holy Christmas, this is not the way I wanted to start my weekend.

Last edited by Jason White on Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Matthew Allington
Experienced Driver
Matthew Allington

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:03

Frank, proving that admins are Gods :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Maruca
Club Driver
Gabriele Maruca

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:24

Frank Verplanken wrote:
mgs_ita wrote:
Well when we release an HSO mod to the public, the public can do what it wants with it. If we don't want the public to use it we do not make it available to the public. I, for one, downloaded this version from the F1SR site without being a member of this community - that's public release for me. As been said before we cannot be blamed for your problems of communications with your partners or their lack of careness. Please don't blame Jason, Mike or any other of our members also part of the F1SR league for something they have nothing to do with.

Anyway it's a false problem. If you've been into simracing for long enough you should now that : make it available to the public and it's considered a public mod, period. As JP illustrated perfectly you are yourself using some material from people not only without their knowledge, but even without knowing who really made them anyways. I think it's the case for all the rFactor mods that are not 100% made from scratch :smil20: . Chill.

I am truly sorry this situation occured, but then that's life. If you ever publish a 100% finished 1965 F1 mod we'll be the first interested and wish you good luck with this great project, while also congratulating you for the work already done Smile.
In fact I apologize to have messed the weekend start for everybody involved. As for JP, I didn't know because nobody told me (someone even told me that it was all Com8's work!), but now me and the whole team know and we'll get even with the credits where credits are due, fair and square: we made all we could to get all the credits, but because of some... "name" issues here and there (guest accounts, people crediting only nicknames and not real names... and so on) we ended covering all the people involved except JP, and I'm deeply sorry for that, if only I knew earlier. :doh: 
Well... that's how life goes. :hum: 

Now, if I only had the meanings to pay you guys each one a beer to apologize properly, I'd do ;9

Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:41

Gabriele we need from you a more symbolic act of reconciliation. You should take part in this wonderful event. What I am ready to release the car to number seven!
I and Sir John Arthur Jack Brabham insist on this! Wink

Last edited by Vadim Sadoshenko on Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:45

Gabriele Maruca wrote:

Now, if I only had the meanings to pay you guys each one a beer to apologize properly, I'd do ;9

You already deserve a toast for the mod so far. This thing is freaking fun!  :champ: :drink: :conduit: :aie: :urgence: 
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 21:04

Good to see things were dealt in a gentlemanly manner Smile
Welcome Gabriele :hello: 
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2013 - 21:09

Guillaume Laughing @ your new avatar ... now that is a proper avatar for a retired guy :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]   1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1964 Rand Grand Prix [15th December]
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next