Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam Hackman
Club Driver
Adam Hackman

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-12-11

rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Empty
PostSubject: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 18:42

Does anyone else here use a 270 degree wheel with rFactor 2? Specifically, I am trying to keep the wheel range (lock) adjustment from my setup as low as possible, but still be able to safely get out of the pits without bouncing off the walls. So far, most of the tracks we have run it has been just a matter of getting some wheel spin, but I am having trouble making the 180 degree turn onto pit road from the garages at Kyalami. I was under the impression that was the purpose of the Steer Ratio Speed setting from the controller.json, but this seems to not have an effect. I tried enabling the Speed Sensitive Steering thinking that it had to be enabled for the Steer Ratio Speed setting to be used and keeping the Steering Sensitivity to linear, but I could not find a driveable setting for this on track.

TL;DR. Can I have the steering on track match my 270 degree wheel both input and visually, but still get more than this to get out of the pits?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:00

FWIW I used to run 290° on rF1, but it didn't work out as well on rF2. Now I'm at 330°, it makes it both comfy at speed while manageable for hairpins and the like.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:38

Frank Verplanken wrote:
FWIW I used to run 290° on rF1, but it didn't work out as well on rF2. Now I'm at 330°, it makes it both comfy at speed while manageable for hairpins and the like.

280 degrees works fine for me
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:40

Adam Hackman wrote:
Does anyone else here use a 270 degree wheel with rFactor 2? Specifically, I am trying to keep the wheel range (lock) adjustment from my setup as low as possible, but still be able to safely get out of the pits without bouncing off the walls. So far, most of the tracks we have run it has been just a matter of getting some wheel spin, but I am having trouble making the 180 degree turn onto pit road from the garages at Kyalami. I was under the impression that was the purpose of the Steer Ratio Speed setting from the controller.json, but this seems to not have an effect. I tried enabling the Speed Sensitive Steering thinking that it had to be enabled for the Steer Ratio Speed setting to be used and keeping the Steering Sensitivity to linear, but I could not find a driveable setting for this on track.

TL;DR. Can I have the steering on track match my 270 degree wheel both input and visually, but still get more than this to get out of the pits?

I use N-gear + full throttle + 1st gear. I pass this way the exit from the pit lane at full speed in a skid.
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Daniel Castevert
Club Driver
Daniel Castevert

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2020 - 15:09

Frank Verplanken wrote:

Do you adjust it in games or in the game controller? :hum:
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2020 - 17:54

Perso, c'est rf2 qui prend le contrôle du périphérique.
Je laisse les profils intégrés selon la voiture, souvent en 540 ou 900°.
Sur rF1, j'étais en fixe à 270.

Ah, j'oubliais une chose importante ne pas tenir compte de ce post, je ne roule plus depuis bien longtemps.
Mais ça fait toujours 34 sec passé à lire ce post, c'est toujours ça de gagné sur le confinement. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings   rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rFactor 2 Steering Wheel Settings
Page 1 of 1