Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New steering wheel

Go down 
+2
Mike Becnel
Richard Coxon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013 - 0:50

Hi guys, Just after a bit of advice.

I'm hopefully coming into a bit of money in the near future and as above i'm going to buy a new steering wheel.

I used to own a G25 until it broke Sad so my 1st choice is a G27. I considered the Thrustmaster r500 or whatever its called but that's a bit too much out of my price range. So im just asking if there are, 
A: any other wheels out there that are worth considering and
B: Anyone who has a G27, is it worth it? any problems? If yes what and how were Logitech about replacing/Repairing? Is it alot better than the G25?

They were great with my G25 (Couldn't get a replacement as mother bought through Ebay) So as a good will gesture they gave me anything on the site for half price (Maximum of £150) which impressed me alot.

Thanks for any advice.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013 - 5:48

G27 is awesome. Highly recommend it. I do not use the gate shifter in races but love driving with it and the clutch.
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013 - 7:41

I love my g27 i was very lucky to get one through Steve he bought a new g27 as after 5 years constant use he had warn his g25 out .... He got in touch with logitech to try and get it repaired but as they no longer made the g25 they gave him a brand new g27 .......As he already had a wheel i purchased the new one of him for a much reduced friends rate ...... So as you can understand i think logitech are awesome as far as warranties go i don,t know any other companies that would do that ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013 - 8:46

Wheels cheaper than a G27 are highly suspect of poor quality. I can think now of Thrustmaster low range ones (Some of which without FF or with limited one) as alternative for that price, but my experience (Long ago) with their not-top-of-the-line products is that they tend to break easily. G27s have sometimes annoying problems, and the pedals are their weak point, but Logitech customer service is legendary. I suspect for that budget your only alternative is to bit the bullet and go for the G27 even if you have to steal some money to get it.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2013 - 11:09

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated Very Happy Think i will go for the G27 then. Be great to get a clutch pedal and gated shifter again!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeFri 23 Aug 2013 - 22:48

Hi all again, went to order my G27 but it is out of stock on Logitech's website, Found one on amazon for the same price but do you guys think it will still come with the same warranty? It is been sold by amazon themselves.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 9:39

Just another quick question, Have any of you guys who own a G27 had any problems with the self centering issue's that seem to be a common fault with them (Where after a few laps the wheel start going off center to the left?)

Reading about the problems people have had is making me slightly nervous about buying one!
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 9:42

I Have never had that problem with the G27 although it did used to happen to me when i had my really old Logitech Red Momo Wink 

Richard you have email Wink 
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 10:15

I never had that problem either.

Only the issue with the reversed FFB(-100) threw me off for some time What a Face 

Did they fix that with the later produced G27s?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 10:33

As far as I can remember 12 years of Logitech ownership the ffb has always been reversed -100 even when playing f1 2000/2001/2002 fl challenge and I think Gp3 also ...something I automatically change each time I do a new install
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 11:12

Carl Larrad wrote:
something I automatically change each time I do a new install
By copying the controller.ini across?
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 12:04

I Just change it in game by sliding the slider the opposite way ...
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 13:35

You don't have to do that each time, just copy the Your controller settings, .PLR and so on to the new install Smile 
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-04-24

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 17:56

Richard, why don't you try to get an used G25 to get parts to repair your old one?
Back to top Go down
Damian Baldi
Club Driver
Damian Baldi

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2013-04-24

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 17:58

Carl Larrad wrote:
I Just change it in game by sliding the slider the opposite way ...
I have the same issue with my DFP in diferent installations. I have it possitive for the Group-c install, and negative for another one. I copied the controller.ini so I don't know where this come from.

Last edited by Damian Baldi on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitimeSat 24 Aug 2013 - 18:31

Damian Baldi wrote:
Richard, why don't you try to get an used G25 to get parts to repair your old one?
Would of been hard to but it kind of set on fire lol! so it's  in the bin.
Order a G27 today should be here for F1 season again and defiantly for the Spa 1000km :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: New steering wheel   New steering wheel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New steering wheel
Page 1 of 1