Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

California 500 [Dec 16th]

Go down 
+36
Jan Kowalski
Mark Craggs
Pascal Kalide
Yves Plaçais
Michael Griffiths
Brian Janik
Oyvind Andersen
Raymond Riddall
Jason Whited
Cezariusz Czlapinski
John Thim
Filippo Marazzi
Alberto Ibañez
Jacob Fredriksson
Alan Forster
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
David Jundt
Jason Fitch
Petr Hlavac
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Dave Miller
Bruno Chacon
François Remmen
Gérard Ryon
Adam Hackman
Lukáš Vydra
Greg DellaCella
Mick Chapman
Austin Johnson
Juha Bos
David Jaques
Jason White
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 0:02

Jason White wrote:
Alberto Iquino wrote:
When did you pass me Jason?

No idea.  Will look at the replay; if the pass didn't happen, I will edit the results.

Yes, this was an error or some kind.  You were ahead of me on the road, 13th, and completed 193 laps.  The pace car had waived me around, which may have something to do with it.   I will edit the results now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 0:28

Results and points are up.

Thank you everyone for your patience and perseverance in the early laps; the lag we experienced should hopefully be a thing of the past with the new server.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 1:15

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
True I remember also having possible contact with you at the first laps for the same reason. Did you also experience lag as me?

No lag inasmuch as cars stuttering or moving randomly all over the place, but early on, I had cars disappear and reappear in the distance. And I had a disco in training. Your bump certainly gave me a good wiggle and an unquotable line... geek
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 2:00

Wow I absolutely love that track.. I'm kinda bummed I lost the Triple Crown by 1 stupid lap lol. Great driving from Lacina :first:. I had to hold back those last laps I wanted to gun for it so bad. I was about 3/4 throttle for about 20 laps, I wouldn't have been able to make it as I crossed the line with 0.1 gal of fuel, engine was at 29% for about 70 laps and wing damage all to try and stay in front of Jaques. I loved the gold star races this year. Thank you HSO for all you do for us, it was fantastic. It's Awesome having my name up there next to such great drivers. :first: :champ:
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Glőckner
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-12-15

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:01

Q - was good, i want attack 48.000, after second lap is my time 47.9xx = mission passed

R - car behind me hit my ass, while my starting was slowly, that cast my car and my head say push, so i spinning on pit exit... Shocked that was formation lap guys affraid Mission for race was get as far as possible, after FYC i give inner line for all cars behind me due to my snaily starting... lap 15 was end... i see yellow flag, see car on right barrier, i was ready for slow down, but no for crossing my line just before me (from right to left). He let go of all the cars, but he came straight into my way Question i jump on brakes, but my car drive after this on dirty line, so on exit T4 i hit right wall and left wall... damage was repairable, but engine on 92% terminated the service... i don't know what you had in this moment as mind, but this was very dangerous move, maybe you don't saw me on rear mirror, maybe you don't saw at this moment to rear mirror... maybe can i safely exit T4, but now it does not matter, race is finished, big congratulations TOP3 drivers and to all what saw finish line. We will see maybe in future, mod was very difficultbut driveable for me and my keyboard :top:

screen from my tight passage after hard brakes and slow down by 50kph, when i don't braking, then i will hit him

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/20/00/98/94/grab_010.jpg
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 19:52

Petr Hlavac wrote:

I really needed a PEE stop in the middle of the race :urgence:  I knew I couldn't hold it till the end, so I jumped out of my cockpit during a yellow flag pit stop and left for a minute Very Happy

Savage! :clap:
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2018 - 22:42

David Jaques wrote:
contact on the straight while beside a car i was lapping (not sure why such a movement when already beside), handling was horrible after that.

This was a really crappy and frustrating situation to be put in.
Not expecting to be fully understand-ed here.

Oval racing aside which is great, but we need to get a better fluency for lapped cars getting their lap back for everyone sake! This happened more than once as replay shows. I got caught out the SC period the moment before because rfactor didn't tell us (me and Adam) to pass the SC. I wanted to try either way but Adam stayed put (leaving me with no option) and that gave us both the disadvantage and the frustrating task of racing in-front of the pack trying to stay on the lead lap. This could have been avoided since we shouldn't have been there at all. The SC should have the leader behind him. :smil20:
This causes unnecessary lapping of cars!

Yes, so the David thing. I didn't want to yield, and decided to race for my track position. My move was maybe sudden and totally unnecessary. We had no contact so I was surprised this put you in the wall. I am truly sorry for this, since I often try to play the nice game being a back-marker. Yeah sorry but I got nothing more than that. pale

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
he crossed diagonally the whole track at corner entry in front of me  scratch   :bangry: and I had to rectify and dive for the inside too hard and came out of the next corner almost hitting the wall. 

That was a scrappy situation. However I don't think I did anything wrong. I had a tow on the front straight and had to break it order to not back everyone up, after that I 'swerve' back to the racing line and entered the corner one car length ahead. I think it made us both blind sighted for the corner and these things easily happens then.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
Mark Craggs
Club Driver

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2018-06-10

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2018 - 0:44

Very much a oval novice but really enjoyed the race.

Managed to sort out what seemed like a fairly stable setup for the Mongoose and qualified 19th. Car needed towing though really and I remember David Miller being my favourite tow for a while and also Jason with his misbehaving car later on.

A car hit me fairly early on (possibly Fillipo) who hadn't spotted me alongside when pulling out to overtake which caused a bit of damage. I estimated it was increasing my laps by about half a second. In hindsight I probably should have fixed it but decided to carry on as it was. I began struggling to keep in towing range.

I had to push really hard at the end as it looked like David Jundt had a chance of taking away my 9th position. The last yellow flag saved me finding out luckily.

Great fun though and useful experience. Once again thanks to all involved & Jonatan & Richard for commentary. Must do some more oval races.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2018 - 15:12

John Thim wrote:

Oval racing aside which is great, but we need to get a better fluency for lapped cars getting their lap back for everyone sake! This happened more than once as replay shows. I got caught out the SC period the moment before because rfactor didn't tell us (me and Adam) to pass the SC. I wanted to try either way but Adam stayed put (leaving me with no option) and that gave us both the disadvantage and the frustrating task of racing in-front of the pack trying to stay on the lead lap. This could have been avoided since we shouldn't have been there at all. The SC should have the leader behind him. :smil20:
This causes unnecessary lapping of cars!

hopefully an admin can comment to say for sure, but im fairly certain it was working the way it was supposed to.  i believe it was common practice in indycar races back then for all cars to hold behind the SC once lined up, if lead cars pit this was the chance for lap cars to stay out, be "in front" and hope for a quick caution.  but if you are a lap down when the caution comes out, even if the leaders pit, lap down cars would remain behind the SC and start at the head of the field.  i dont think it was until the 90s or maybe later that they started waving the lap cars around AFTER lead cars pit.

i agree it leads to less than ideal situations, but im all for hso simulating the historic events as much as possible.

that said, im all for a car "racing" to stay on the lead lap.  my issue was how LATE your move was.  closing speed was 5mph, i was already moving left to get along side, gap between cars was less than 1 car length before your car began any movement; to me thats just too late.  add in a couple 100ms of lag and reaction time turns to zero.

but thats just my point of view, im no admin so take anything i say with a grain of salt.  maybe i should have been able to deal with that kind of movement and its all my issue?  i don't know.  im happy to discuss anytime.  not mad, no hard feelings.  (maybe a bit sour since that was the turning point for my race, but i know there was no ill intent. BS stop/go late really sealed the deal, but seems like many suffered from that. thankfully AMS does a much better job of sorting the field and assigning penalties...)

anyway, 1 event to go for 2018, and it looks like a good one.  lets get it out of the way though so we can start 2019, looking like a sweet year coming at hso ;P

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2018 - 16:48

Austin Johnson wrote:
Wow I absolutely love that track.

Thank you Austin. Alberto and I put in many hours on this Ontario build, and we are really happy with the results. Add to that Mr. Remmen's polishing of the textures, and it was all time well spent. In total, we raced on this circuit six times (Three times in the USAC 73 series, once with USAC 74, and once with HistorX on the road course). Hopefully someday it can be transitioned over to AMS for more races -- and dare I say, a Questor Grand Prix? :hihi: Sry, I know that's a serious long shot, but one can dream...
Back to top Go down
John Thim
Club Driver
John Thim

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-08-30

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2018 - 18:09

David Jaques wrote:

that said, im all for a car "racing" to stay on the lead lap.  my issue was how LATE your move was.  closing speed was 5mph, i was already moving left to get along side, gap between cars was less than 1 car length before your car began any movement; to me thats just too late.  add in a couple 100ms of lag and reaction time turns to zero.

Don't get me wrong. I agree it was late and that it was my fault. I'm being the Ocon here.  Shocked
I didn't do anything like it the whole race in my view, and its not common practice. Maybe the 'look back' function made me take the late move since I haven't been able to enable 'virtual mirrors' in game. I'm not sure. The idea was mainly to show my intention running towards the corner so that you knew I was racing. The point being is that I only did this to stay in the race (lead lap) mainly because I felt wrong dealt with during the SC. Not blaming anyone for it, it just felt wrong at the time.

Growing up in the 90's watching Indycars I acknowledge you might be right and my view may well be to modern here. But I was however able to pass the SC the second time without any signal from rfactor to do so. So why was that? scratch
I would love to know an explanation from any admin to avoid further misunderstanding.
Still glad there no hard feelings I wouldn't blame you it.

As for Alberto I have no grudge for the second situation, I seldom have for any. I was way high and its a situation your kinda in for whats coming for you. The thing is I had to lean on you a bit trough the corner to avoid the wall. I think we both kinda did for a while for different reasons. It was just 'rubbin' using formula cars from the 70's. :top:

Lets focus on the positives. Congrats to the commentary team for a great effort and Richard Coxon on a great debut!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thimbro23
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2018 - 19:48

for a whole year out of competing in racing , and only a few indy experiences i had fun for 50 laps
those yellows were stressfull, as the heartbeat goes up and up every time the green fals, but hell im a grandprix racer and used to deal with it once :D
good to see the old gang back in action, missed you guys.

simply shifted to rapid down when the yellow came after chasing Juha i believe and engine let go
:smil20:

looking forward to next years M1's and Indy but expect not see me that often on track, will be mostly under the radar because of modding, work aswell enjoy spending private life.

cheers all and have a good Christmas holiday! :drink:

Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018 - 0:47

Jason White wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
Wow I absolutely love that track.

Thank you Austin.  Alberto and I put in many hours on this Ontario build, and we are really happy with the results. Add to that Mr. Remmen's polishing of the textures, and it was all time well spent.  In total, we raced on this circuit six times (Three times in the USAC 73 series, once with USAC 74, and once with HistorX on the road course).  Hopefully someday it can be transitioned over to AMS for more races -- and dare I say, a Questor Grand Prix?  :hihi:   Sry, I know that's a serious long shot, but one can dream...

Really six times...this was my first :grrr:. The textures are amazing! The whole atmosphere was like WOW...and don't get me started on those Mountains in the background absolutely spot on. :clap: :chinois: California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018 - 8:01

Jason White wrote:
In total, we raced on this circuit six times (Three times in the USAC 73 series, once with USAC 74, and once with HistorX on the road course)

3+1+1 = 6?  lol!

Either way, I just wanted to say it was a blast to watch from my point of view. Now, I'd wanted to be one of the commentators of the race but as I was still on my way home from work when the race started, I couldn't. It was still a blast to watch and thank you and congratulations to everyone involved! See ya next year!
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018 - 14:38

Now you know why I didn't become an engineer.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2018 - 15:20

So, it looks like my internet connection issue is solved. Remains to see.. It was at my ISP behalf. From august they overloaded my line with more bandwidth than it can be handled which caused random connection lost issues.. and finaly, after some reorganisation of my racing office, while I moved modem around, it looks like the wire broke and made additional problems.. :doh:

What a waist of sunday.. and of nerves...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California 500 [Dec 16th]   California 500 [Dec 16th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

California 500 [Dec 16th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5