Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Logitech G25 pedal issue

Go down 
+4
Gérard Ryon
Pascal Mikula
Jason White
Jacob Fredriksson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Logitech G25 pedal issue Empty
PostSubject: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2018 - 15:26

Okay, so now it's my turn to have issues with my trusty old G25 pedals. I've had these for over 10 years now. The brake pedal is not working any more, no software notices any input I give them. Could this be an easily resolved issue, or is it finally time to replace them? Rebooting them doesn't work, can't recalibrate them since they aren't responding, etc.

Any ideas?

And, if I would to buy a new set, what would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2018 - 15:34

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Okay, so now it's my turn to have issues with my trusty old G25 pedals. I've had these for over 10 years now. The brake pedal is not working any more, no software notices any input I give them. Could this be an easily resolved issue, or is it finally time to replace them? Rebooting them doesn't work, can't recalibrate them since they aren't responding, etc.

Any ideas?

Gerard Ryon is our resident pedal expert; I would ask him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2018 - 16:26

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:

Any ideas?

I'd try to test the whole set on another PC, if possible, and if it responds there, it's a matter of uninstalling all drivers (and I mean all of them associated with the wheel and it's software (I had a bad issue just today and solved it through that method).
If a second system doesn't recognize the brake pedal either, it's most likely a hardware issue and it'd be time to either repair or replace the set.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug 2018 - 17:28

Jason White wrote:
Gerard Ryon is our resident pedal expert
Démonter le pédalier,souffler la poussiére,10 ans Laughing,lubrifier.
https://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/065301/Aerosol-100-ml-KF-F2-Special-Contacts-1003
Si cela ne fonctionne pas:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/logitech-g25-replacement-pots-where-and-what-type.21725/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96fkD36MKY
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2018 - 20:09

Thanks for all the advice.

Okay, so I just took my pedals apart for the first time ever. I've had this since 2006 I believe. Nothing looked obviously broken, but holy hell that was disgusting! Dust, hair, even leaves and old maggots from almost 12 years of regular use! Gave them a thorough cleansing, will let you guys know whether it made the trick. Will not wait another dozen of years to clean them again, if I can get them working again. Cause shiiiet, that was nasty. As fuck.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2018 - 21:46

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Thanks for all the advice.

Okay, so I just took my pedals apart for the first time ever. I've had this since 2006 I believe. Nothing looked obviously broken, but holy hell that was disgusting! Dust, hair, even leaves and old maggots from almost 12 years of regular use! Gave them a thorough cleansing, will let you guys know whether it made the trick. Will not wait another dozen of years to clean them again, if I can get them working again. Cause shiiiet, that was nasty. As fuck.

lol! :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2018 - 0:57

Wait you had maggots in your pedals Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2018 - 1:48

Well, there goes my appetite for a day or two...
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2018 - 15:12

This is a public service announcement: remember to keep your pedals clean.

Austin Johnson wrote:

Yes. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2018 - 16:31

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
This is a public service announcement: remember to keep your pedals clean.

Austin Johnson wrote:

Yes. Suspect

Quite amazing that the pots are still reading accurately.
Built like a tank, apparently!

Hell, my TP3As require constant cleaning or I get spiking and such from the pots. They seem to be quite fragile, and definitely won't be lasting more than a decade.
Already had to move throttle pot to clutch and vise versa because I cannot get the throttle pot to quit spiking somewhat. Works fine with some slider adjustments for clutch action, but it probably won't for long.

I wonder if I can grab some Logitech pots and install on these? :hum:
Seems they are quite a bit more resilient than the standard pots on the TP3As and after less than two years use, already seeking replacement options (or higher end pedals, but for now that is not an option due to cost. Just ordered a 1050Ti, so going to be beaten if I keep going at this time :aie: )

Note to self, look for Logitech pots. Buy and install those bastards!
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2018 - 18:30

Yup, G25's are built like tanks! The steering wheel is like new, it is just the gear shifter that was so-so, but I have Thrustmaster TH8A instead. So I really hope I can these pedals to work again. Otherwise, I'll invest in some Fanatec stuff or something.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep 2018 - 18:41

No, cleaning them did not fix that faulty brake pedal. Since nothing looked out of the ordinary with it. Will have to use the clutch pedal as brake for a while until I figure what to invest in. Thanks for all the tips. At least I got a sharper throttle response now.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep 2018 - 18:53

Personally I'd go for a better quality set of pedals if your economy allows it. You would be amazed at how full metal ones feel, and CSP can be had 2nd hand at ebay with their magnetic pots ensuring no wear on that part (Load cell might need be replaced though). Another option is to replace the old G25 pedal pots with hall effect ones. The only place I know that sells a direct replacement kit is here:

https://simulaje.blogspot.com/2013/12/hall-sensor-jz-for-g25g27-hall-sensor.html

But I don't know anybody who has installed them and can't tell how reliable it is.

Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep 2018 - 10:22

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
No, cleaning them did not fix that faulty brake pedal. Since nothing looked out of the ordinary with it. Will have to use the clutch pedal as brake for a while until I figure what to invest in. Thanks for all the tips. At least I got a sharper throttle response now.

Have you checked the springs,because they sometimes lose there strength and do not fully return the pedal.i remember changing mine at one point with these,try pulling the pedal up by hand to see if it has full travel.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIXIM-Upgraded-Springs-for-LOGITECH-G25-G27-G29-G920-Racing-Wheel-Mod/152747497139?hash=item239075d6b3Ⓜm3Uin2_Xk1qvfzzUzojtfaQ
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep 2018 - 14:19

No, it didn't seem to be a hardware issue.

Anyway, I have switched places between the brake and clutch pedals, and I'll just hand clutch until I have them means to upgrade. Thanks for all your concern, guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logitech G25 pedal issue   Logitech G25 pedal issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logitech G25 pedal issue
Page 1 of 1