Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.

Go down 
+13
Philipp Pichler
David Jundt
Scott Urick
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
John Fuqua
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Alberto Ibañez
François Remmen
Austin Johnson
Jason White
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 5:51

Stephen Miller wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:
There is a practice patch in the race thread. You are likely missing it.

Ok I loaded all the patches, it say the 500_74.gtb file is the one with mismatch. How do I get the correct one?

Where do I find the trackmap plugin(or whatever it is called) for Rfactor?  the one that gives the split times etc.

The sky patch is the one you need
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 11:29

Jason White wrote:
Thank you for that, Pascal.  :top:  I should be able to fix that in the GEN file.

That is the same problem i had Jason,so probably effects all the cars.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 12:19

Steve Parker wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Thank you for that, Pascal.  :top:  I should be able to fix that in the GEN file.

Ok I will check all the GEN files this week and make sure there are no items visible in the virtual mirrors.
Thank you both for the feedback   Smile
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 12:37

Jason White wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Ok I will check all the GEN files this week and make sure there are no items visible in the virtual mirrors.
Is there also a way to turn off the whole back of the car when pressing the "Look back" button while having some of the "Self in Rearview" features enabled? It's in those cars just as much as in the 73 ones, but i'm just curious
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 12:54

Pascal Mikula wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Is there also a way to turn off the whole back of the car when pressing the "Look back" button while having some of the "Self in Rearview" features enabled? It's in those cars just as much as in the 73 ones, but i'm just curious

Is driving with the "self in rearview" features disabled out of the question?
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 12:56

Jason White wrote:
Pascal Mikula wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Steve Parker wrote:
Jason White wrote:

Is driving with the "self in rearview" features disabled out of the question?

No, I mean I've got that disabled from the get-go just for the sake of seeing cars behind me, but I noticed that while testing by myself
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 20:58

I have looked into Steve and Pascal's reports of the engine being visible in the virtual mirrors; The GEN files already have these items invisible in virtual mirrors, and I visually confirmed this on my end.  So it must be down to individual look-back settings or something similar on your end.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 21:57

Jason White wrote:
I have looked into Steve and Pascal's reports of the engine being visible in the virtual mirrors; The GEN files already have these items invisible in virtual mirrors, and I visually confirmed this on my end.  So it must be down to individual look-back settings or something similar on your end.
That's strange. 
Would you share your Graphics Settings from your plr file for comparison?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 22:02

Check in your PLR file the line: "Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)"
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 22:04

I've got that value at 0 but i still have the engine block in my mirror, I think so does Steve

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 23:29

can confirm what Pascal said,mine is set at 0 also,what is the rearview particles that is set at 1 ?

Edit just tried that on 0 and still have the engine block in central virtual mirror but not in the side virtual side mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 23:45

Here is my plr file for comparison

http://www.filedropper.com/jasonwhite
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018 - 0:59

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Screen10

I mean, there's no real difference between those two PLR files that would affect the rear-view mirror, is there?
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018 - 3:30

My guess, is the "rearview cull"
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018 - 10:13

Mick Chapman wrote:
My guess, is the "rearview cull"
USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133

I don't know what the engine block has to do with some SCN file, but it worked! 
I would've thought that it would be the FOV which is pretty low on my end but it's the rearview cull!  USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133 USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4