Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.

Go down 
+13
Philipp Pichler
David Jundt
Scott Urick
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
John Fuqua
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Alberto Ibañez
François Remmen
Austin Johnson
Jason White
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2018 - 23:38

Raul Jereb wrote:

Is this a FFB issue or a general handling issue? 
Did you compare it against #8?
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2018 - 23:39

Jason White wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:

I think its FFB. No, I didnt try #8...
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2018 - 23:41

Give #8 a try, they should feel the same
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2018 - 23:43

Jason White wrote:
Give #8 a try, they should feel the same

I will, tomorow.. rough day today...
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 4:44

Pace car out running laps in practice session ?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 7:41

John Fuqua wrote:
Pace car out running laps in practice session ?

That is intentional, we will be having a human pace car driver in the 500.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 7:52

Jason White wrote:

So, all McLarens 16C have the same "issue", if its an issue at all: Stiffnes of the wheel is much softer than in other cars. I have to adjust it in wheel setup/properties (DFGT). I tested other McLarens, Eeagles 74/72.. since it can be solved outside rF, I wouldnt treat it as a bug.

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 7:57

Raul Jereb wrote:
Jason White wrote:

So, all McLarens 16C have the same "issue", if its an issue at all: Stiffnes of the wheel is much softer than in other cars. I have to adjust it in wheel setup/properties (DFGT). I tested other McLarens, Eeagles 74/72.. since it can be solved outside rF, I wouldnt treat it as a bug.

Are you sure you aren’t just experiencing oversteer in the McLaren Cs as opposed to understeer in the other cars?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 8:05

Jason White wrote:

Are you sure you aren’t just experiencing oversteer in the McLaren Cs as opposed to understeer in the other cars?

It appears right from the start in GV, exiting pits, slow speeds, same as fast ones..

well, since all 16Cs have the same thing, it could be some special "feature" expressed in softer wheel..
the thing is, while in my "regular" wheel setup, it is too soft for driving, allmost no force at all, which is something I dont like. I really cant tell if its something intentional or just an bug.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 10:09

first to say
I very nice touch to let our "late" Bob Wilson drive the pace car

man he would  have love that!

refering to the cars
the phsyics should be the same as the late 73 cars is it?
despite of the new wings?

i miss the boost settings to max manifold pressure to 80 inches for qualifying
no stagger options and all others like in 73

just test with 2 eagles 74 73 late spec with 80 inch pressure ans smaller wings
wings 19 17 , the 73s wont hit the 310kph while the 74s goes over 320
so they changed alot but so much drag??? compare to 74 with same engine boost???

and i feel indeed difference between the mclarens and eagles
( never like the macca also in 73, in other words  wont suit me doesnt mean its wrong)
but only the physics man know how he  made this can answer this but difference
has to be or are we wanting a LE !!??
cars should be much closer and the mclaren wil not be dominated as last year
if you follow the books!

as i can remember well  Alberto said the 73 Mclarens were harder to drive compare to the smooth eagles

read the guide in the 1973 mod about behavior !
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 11:50

Austin Johnson wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
Foyts Coyote has a missing speedo or tach in car it's just a white round gauge with no numbers or pointer..

No gauge is missing; the silver one is referencing a gauge/control in the Coyote that we can't really replicate functionally, if I remember correctly.

:top:

Michael how in the world do you drive with all that on the screen Shocked

No shit! Mirrors might work right if he's not trying to replicate NASA Mission Control on the screen. lol!
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 11:54

Raul Jereb wrote:
Jason White wrote:

It appears right from the start in GV, exiting pits, slow speeds, same as fast ones..

well, since all 16Cs have the same thing, it could be some special "feature" expressed in softer wheel..
the thing is, while in my "regular" wheel setup, it is too soft for driving, allmost no force at all, which is something I dont like. I really cant tell if its something intentional or just an bug.

Check the "Upgrades" window.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 12:51

Scott Urick wrote:

Check the "Upgrades" window.

I set all cars to same "upgrade" which is Reelfeel plugin.. except #73 McL which leaks any of upgrade options.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 13:09

Quote :

It could be down to the geometry of the suspension, though it is the same as in 1973 mod. I will move the steering arms for a heavier response of the FF.

Quote :
i miss the boost settings to max manifold pressure to 80 inches for qualifying
no stagger options and all others like in 73 
just test with 2 eagles 74 73 late spec with 80 inch pressure ans smaller wings
wings 19 17 , the 73s wont hit the 310kph while the 74s goes over 320
so they changed alot but so much drag??? compare to 74 with same engine boost???

I will make a readme available in the next days, USAC limited boost pressure to 80 inches in qualy and while it was free for the race, the total amount of fuel was also cut down so the teams had to run with much lower pressures than previous year. Advancement in wings and much softer tires (Now they did almost double as many stops as at the beginning of 1973 because of the 40 gallons tanks instead of 75) mean the cars were not much slower. As for the stagger, I discovered they basically used a single measure for each type of track because bias plies were so irregular and hard to get to exact stagger measures. There was no such thing as 0.25 inches differences you could choose from, that appeared later with radials.
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 13:22

I'd like to try the RealFeel plugin, is it downloadable from anywhere ?, also highly doubt this is a bug but coming into corners right in the grove but push into the wall midway thru turn, tried different settings in the Garage, so far nothing helps, can't get a time lower than 49's, tried the McLaren's, Eagles, Coyote, just bad driving on my part hopefully.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 13:50

i wonder why the cars keep sinking into the walls
most HSO mods does

other mods don't so did you guys add collision gmts to the car body / wings and rims/wheels???
cant find them......

this also influence the hit detection which you can have weird experiences specialy online with high pingrates
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 15:56

Scott Urick wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
Foyts Coyote has a missing speedo or tach in car it's just a white round gauge with no numbers or pointer..

No gauge is missing; the silver one is referencing a gauge/control in the Coyote that we can't really replicate functionally, if I remember correctly.

:top:

Michael how in the world do you drive with all that on the screen Shocked

No shit! Mirrors might work right if he's not trying to replicate NASA Mission Control on the screen. lol!

Dude, you know I'm a man on a mission!

Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 20:47

John Fuqua wrote:
I'd like to try the RealFeel plugin, is it downloadable from anywhere ?, also highly doubt this is a bug but coming into corners right in the grove but push into the wall midway thru turn, tried different settings in the Garage, so far nothing helps, can't get a time lower than 49's, tried the McLaren's, Eagles, Coyote, just bad driving on my part hopefully.

My best time is a 48.xxx in an Eagle right now. As for the push in the turns, you can't run these flat out you have to lift in the corners.

Quick question, Is there a difference between the cut down 73 wings and the new 74 spec wings?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 20:54

Yes, 43 inches now instead of 55, but the more advanced profile makes them give as much downforce.
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 21:13

Jason Fitch wrote:
John Fuqua wrote:

My best time is a 48.xxx in an Eagle right now. As for the push in the turns, you can't run these flat out you have to lift in the corners.

Quick question, Is there a difference between the cut down 73 wings and the new 74 spec wings?

Yes, I do lift in the corners, push right into the wall, especially in 1 and 3, understandable since I'm lifting from around 200 ish, but not in 2 and 4, need a good setup to try, as is to me McLaren is easiest to drive, did get into the high 48's in #3
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2018 - 23:16

David is running a practice server right now, FYI...
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 5:19

John Fuqua wrote:
Yes, I do lift in the corners, push right into the wall, especially in 1 and 3, understandable since I'm lifting from around 200 ish, but not in 2 and 4, need a good setup to try, as is to me McLaren is easiest to drive, did get into the high 48's in #3

John, yes you do need to lift for the corners, BUT . . . . . the trick to making them turn is back off and get your speed reduced BEFORE entering the corner and ever so gently be reapplying the throttle into-through-out of the corners -- every corner. The art of the situation is figuring out and knowing just how much throttle to apply through each of the corners and not swap ends.

Scott's Speed Shop will be open as soon as the track opens and I'll be available to meet anyone online who would like some help with setups and/or learning these cars at the speedway. As before, I won't pass out setups, but I will suggest adjustments based on your feedback and help with finding the unique line for each of the four corners. All I ask is that you have TeamSpeak working so we don't spend all the time typing back and forth.

Just look in the back of Gasoline Alley for white-haired, sunburnt guy in the lawn chair under the Carling Black Label umbrella with a cooler full of beer next to the street legal Novi. (Attention Admins: This is not a shameless advertisement until I figure out how to make money on the deal.) drunken

Better yet, just PM me and tell me when you'd like to meet and I'll let you know when I can be there.

Here's to the best of luck for everyone in the Month of May!
Back to top Go down
Scott Urick
Experienced Driver
Scott Urick

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 7:28

Michael Drechsler wrote:

Dude, you know I'm a man on a mission!

:doh:

Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 12:42

When you touch the wall with Parnelli, the FR wheel desapears, more precise, it dives into the wall for its full width... it looks like you lost your wheel, which is not true.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 12:57

Raul Jereb wrote:
When you touch the wall with Parnelli, the FR wheel desapears, more precise, it dives into the wall for its full width... it looks like you lost your wheel, which is not true.

Wheels passing into walls in this mod has been an issue for a while; we have had difficulty pinning it down.  We are at the point where we view it as a bit of forgiveness that is welcome over a 500 mile contest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next