Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.

Go down 
+13
Philipp Pichler
David Jundt
Scott Urick
David Sabre
Michael Drechsler
John Fuqua
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Alberto Ibañez
François Remmen
Austin Johnson
Jason White
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 19:52

dumb question but.....Wally Dallenbach had an oversized Turbocharger for Qualifying, USAC declared it legal, but ruled he had to run it in the race. He blasted into the lead, but only lasted 4 or so laps. Does Big Wally's car have this Turbo in mod?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 19:53

Jason Fitch wrote:

dumb question but.....Wally Dallenbach had an oversized Turbocharger for Qualifying, USAC declared it legal, but ruled he had to run it in the race. He blasted into the lead, but only lasted 4 or so laps. Does Big Wally's car have this Turbo in mod?

No, we couldn't adequately replicate that in the mod.
And not a dumb question, given how pedantic we are about history here Smile

Last edited by Jason White on Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 19:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 19:53

No. But seeing as Austin got the car ... it's tempting me to implement it  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:11

very happy with the eagle thermo KING
great livery and great teammate !

but 45 and 46 cars both have same driver names :hum: :hum:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:14

François Remmen wrote:
very happy with the eagle thermo KING
great livery and great teammate !

but 45 and 46 cars both have same driver names :hum: :hum:

#46 was McElreath's back up car.
He drove #45 in the actual race.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:20

mm but why put up the 46 if its a so called T car for 1 driver
have no plans to destroy the car at the time trails :D

or intented to make extra space?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:30

François Remmen wrote:
mm but why put up the 46 if its a so called T car  for 1 driver
have no plans to destroy the car at the time trails  :D

or intented to make extra space?

It was our way of expediting the mod's creation.
Remember, the team behind the scenes is smaller now than it used to be.
Conceivably the car could have been qualified by someone else; this was typical practice at Indy, especially on Bump Day.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:31

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
No. But seeing as Austin got the car ... it's tempting me to implement it  Rolling Eyes

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:32

Austin Johnson wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

lol!

Austin, although you followed the letter of the rules, don't expect to see too many friendly faces in Gasoline Alley this month... Kind of kidding, but not really  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:39

Jason White wrote:
Austin Johnson wrote:
Alberto Ibañez wrote:

lol!

Austin, although you followed the letter of the rules, don't expect to see too many friendly faces in Gasoline Alley this month... Kind of kidding, but not really  Neutral

Thank you guys for the ride! :chinois: I will now sneak into my trailer :aie: :aie:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 13:08

Jari Bruppacher wrote:
Btw...the number 46 car, is that a historical car? I cant find him at the indy 500. He also didn't try to qualify. What is the story behind that car?

Apart from that, I've seen the #61 on pre-race pictures(Rick Muther, Coyote), but there's no car with the #61 in the sign-up list?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 13:12

Not all the 1974 cars are in this mod for the simple reason that we couldn't model them all in the time available.  The #61 car was one of the ones that fell by the wayside.  To help flesh out the field, back-up cars were added in a couple of cases.  #46 is McElreath's back-up car,  #26 is Sneva's back-up.  Historically, it was common for drivers to jump in open cars on bump day and try to qualify them, so conceivably that could have happened with these back-up cars.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 13:32

Ah, alright.

Thought #61 was gonna be just some re-painted Coyote, but I guess it was slightly different then.

I was already thinking some are "t-cars", judging by the livery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2018 - 17:48

David Jundt wrote:
Ah, alright.

Thought #61 was gonna be just some re-painted Coyote, but I guess it was slightly different then.

I was already thinking some are "t-cars", judging by the livery.

It would have required a full tub rebuild that we just didn't have time for.  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Philipp Pichler
Rookie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-06-15

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 0:05

Jason White wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:
When you touch the wall with Parnelli, the FR wheel desapears, more precise, it dives into the wall for its full width... it looks like you lost your wheel, which is not true.

Wheels passing into walls in this mod has been an issue for a while; we have had difficulty pinning it down.  We are at the point where we view it as a bit of forgiveness that is welcome over a 500 mile contest.
Hopefully I got it right what you mean with forgiveness but actually the most dangerous part of sinking into the wall with two wheels is that there is a high possibilty of over-reving the engine and blow it up. geek

Not really forgiving at all, secondly it´s maybe good to know for the cars behind, if the Parnelli is going too wide the car is will getting really slow as his driver will lift to prevent to over-rev the engine and has maybe problems to get out of the wall again. It feels a bit like quicksand, so it´s definitely a challenge especially for the race but let´s see if I´m fast enough to get into the race. If not the problem is solved on it´s own Wink
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 12:23

Seeing flickering on cars and track surface externally
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 12:24

John Fuqua wrote:
Seeing flickering on cars and track surface externally

This happens from the blimp view.  Clipping plane issue that we can't really correct.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 16:31

does the blimb uses a seperate cam file?
i cant find which cam in the cam file it displayes
but it must be a tracking cam, think Brain knows that better then anyone, the master himself!

i put up the clippanes all in line to make most objects not flicker but its also depends on what LODS the seperate object ( gmt ) are using and if they are not to close next to eachother
in general higher lods will fix at least with gmt objects..

i figger the 1973 cars with boost setting 25inch ( lowest ) are way slower compare the 74s 80 inch boost cars
the 74 engine feels more torque
its like you drive a 80inch 74 car feels like a 73 950bhp car .. :hum:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 16:45

Quote :
i figger the 1973 cars with boost setting 25inch ( lowest ) are way slower compare the 74s 80 inch boost cars
the 74 engine feels more torque 
its like you drive a 80inch 74 car feels like a 73 950bhp car .. 

Even at lowest boost settings, the 73 cars had more power. The difference is drag, the 74 wings were way more efficient.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 16:52

I've got this...engine block in my rear view mirror. I've got all "Self in rearview" turned to 0 in my plr but it's still here..

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 GUJdZXN
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 17:00

Thank you for that, Pascal.  :top: I should be able to fix that in the GEN file.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2018 - 17:32

Jason White wrote:
Thank you for that, Pascal.  :top:  I should be able to fix that in the GEN file.

I remember having had this issue in, I think every car I tested. Just to be sure, better test and look it up in all the files Wink
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Stephen Miller
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Quesiton about this event and mod   USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 May 2018 - 21:14

I have loaded everything to give this a try.  Not sure if I will have time?  However when I try to enter the server, I am told I have an HDV mismatch.  Just wondering why I would be seeing that? i tried several cars, with the same result.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 6 May 2018 - 21:28

There is a practice patch in the race thread. You are likely missing it.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Miller
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2018 - 3:02

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
There is a practice patch in the race thread. You are likely missing it.

Ok I loaded all the patches, it say the 500_74.gtb file is the one with mismatch. How do I get the correct one?

Where do I find the trackmap plugin(or whatever it is called) for Rfactor? the one that gives the split times etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.    USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USAC 74 Bugs, glitches, driving tips, etc.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next