Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread

Go down 
+26
Jonatan Acerclinth
Steve Parker
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Laurent Binet
Michal Janak
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Peter Blom
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
David Sabre
David Jundt
Yves Plaçais
Timo Vermeersch
Gabriel Sterr
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
Juha Bos
Scott Urick
Chris Stephens
Jason Whited
Richard Wilks
François Remmen
Jason Fitch
Alberto Ibañez
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2018 - 20:58

Do the other Surtees load for you? Was fine for me, as you know I'm in the other Surtees. Also do other cars load on the server?

The Maps download is in the Spain download yes.

If you can't solve the issue yourself we will send you the HDV asap.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Sterr
Club Driver
Gabriel Sterr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2018 - 21:05

Update: Never mind my bitching, I fixed the hdv-mismatch. In my desperation I had changed drives for the AMS install and forgotten to update the 7zip-paths. I now extracted v1.02 into the correct folder and it works.

I retain my point about "commonmaps3.mas" though! If anyone can't load the track, just delete the line that calls it in "PaulRicard.scn". Trust me, you don't need it! Cool

Edit: Thanks for the quick help, Richard!
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 2:10

Is the CMG March 711 supposed to have Goodyear tires or Firestone? On the entry list it shows Goodyear in the game it has Firestones.

I don't know if there is any difference or if it matters just a note.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 6:41

It raced on Firestone's, so it's a typo in the entry list. Thanks for noticing :top:
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 15:07

Richard Coxon wrote:
It raced on Firestone's, so it's a typo in the entry list. Thanks for noticing :top:

Never driven this car so I'm finding things quick. Another question, Is there a reason why the Skip Barber March 711 Cosworth S9 has more HP than the CMG March 711 Cosworth S9? Aren't they the same engine?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 15:09

Probably another typo as both cars use the same engine file.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 15:28

Richard Coxon wrote:
Probably another typo as both cars use the same engine file.

:top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul 2018 - 21:01

Not a big deal to me, but something I've noticed with the March #18...

When I pass through certain areas with shadows (seems mostly when I go under a bridge or sign that passes over the track) the front wing of my car disappears.
Perhaps this is already known, but was driving the car around last night and noted it again, remembered to say something this time.

All details maxed out, ftr.

Like I said, not a big deal, just noting it in case it's an easy fix.

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2018 - 12:32

It is just your March or any March 711?
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2018 - 12:40

Richard Coxon wrote:

All the March 711's have the spitfire wing? I can't remember right off the top.
Seems to effect all with the spitfire wing because in initial testing before the season I was using the #17 and had the same issue as I have now with the disappearing wing thing (in certain shadows)
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2018 - 13:07

Jason Whited wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

All the March 711's have the spitfire wing?  I can't remember right off the top.
Seems to effect all with the spitfire wing because in initial testing before the season I was using the #17 and had the same issue as I have now with the disappearing wing thing (in certain shadows)

Okay, they all do have it, just wanted to know if it was all the cars or maybe something specific.

Thanks for informing us.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2018 - 18:35

On March (i dont know from my memory which one but at nonchampioship race) the wing diapeared for a moment on pit exit, but on ful track lap it was OK so i didn told about it
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2018 - 21:40

I've not been paying close attention to my wing, as I don't notice it disappearing, but I do notice it when it reappears. I had just been assuming it was a little graphics adjustment and never thought anything of it.
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jul 2018 - 12:29

Hello everyone, I suppose I need some help...

After some time absent, I just bought AMS. Now i'm trying the 1971 F1 Mod, just to see if I have conditions to be in reserve.

Everything installed and running BUT I'm having problems with the Silverstone 71 track: it was installed in the right place (locations), but when I tried to load it... the game stops and if I touch in any key it goes back to Steam...

Can anyone help me? What I'm doing wrong?
thanks in advance :hello:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jul 2018 - 12:56

If the 1971 F1 mod is working ok at other tracks then it must be Silverstone71 that is not installed correctly. Try driving the Silverstone71 off-line.
The track should be installed in
/Locations/Silverstone71

/Locations/Silverstone71 will contain Silverstone71.mas and SKY01.DDS

/Locations/Silverstone71/Silverstone will contain 7 files.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jul 2018 - 23:27

David Sabre wrote:
If the 1971 F1 mod is working ok at other tracks then it must be Silverstone71 that is not installed correctly. Try driving the Silverstone71 off-line.
The track should be installed in
/Locations/Silverstone71

/Locations/Silverstone71  will contain Silverstone71.mas and SKY01.DDS

/Locations/Silverstone71/Silverstone    will contain 7 files.

I just installed Automobilista on my new pc and I have the same problem as Paolo: Silverstone wont load and I even tried Paul Ricard from the previous race...track wont load and game crashes when a key is touched just like Paolo explained. I can play F11971 mod on the standard tracks without a problem so it isnt the mod. Running out of ideas now because I put the new tracks on the location folder just like David describes above.

HELP!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jul 2018 - 23:46

Install all the tracks of the championship until this point. I am sure there must be something missing that is in some other track.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 0:02

Richard Wilks wrote:
Install all the tracks of the championship until this point. I am sure there must be something missing that is in some other track.

Thx Richard but I tried something else which works: @Paolo go to your Silverstone folder and in the Silverstone71.scn file just delete the following line: MASFile=commonmaps3.MAS

...now it will load :conduit:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 0:03

Is it normal that the location folder now also has some mas, sky and terrain files inside it, but seperate from the tracks they belong to?

The sky file got pasted over a few times now I believe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 0:23

New problem: while joining the server it says ill be kicked because 71_SURTEES_TS9.HDV file is wrong. I updated my install with v1.02 and made sure it's installed correctly but it is still not working.

Can anyone send me the correct 71_SURTEES_TS9.HDV per e-mail? peterprm19@hotmail.com  ...thx :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 0:32

Peter Blom wrote:
New problem: while joining the server it says ill be kicked because 71_SURTEES_TS9.HDV file is wrong. I updated my install with v1.02 and made sure it's installed correctly but it is still not working.

Can anyone send me the correct 71_SURTEES_TS9.HDV per e-mail? peterprm19@hotmail.com  ...thx :drink:

I've been on the server without issue, so I sent the HDV to your email.
Back to top Go down
Dave Miller
Experienced Driver
Dave Miller

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jul 2018 - 15:45

I'm also getting an HDV Mismatch in the Brabham, fresh install of the mod downloaded from the rules page today.

Edit : Sorted now, applied the 1.01 patch in the Kyalami thread
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 0:24

Peter Blom wrote:
Richard Wilks wrote:

Thx Richard but I tried something else which works: @Paolo go to your Silverstone folder and in the Silverstone71.scn file just delete the following line: MASFile=commonmaps3.MAS

...now it will load :conduit:

Thanks @Peter !
Done what you said and everything works as expected.
Just can't test in track because I suppose Silverstone it's now out of server...
Next step is know the car (and the game itself), since it seems that the setup that cames with the game doesn´t work...
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 0:27

You can still test off-line Paulo despite there being no track online. On the right side when setting a test day up you can choose amount of rubber and the like and you can check what times we've run at previous tracks and use that for guidance if you're looking for pace compared to others :drink:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jul 2018 - 1:05

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
You can still test off-line Paulo despite there being no track online. On the right side when setting a test day up you can choose amount of rubber and the like and you can check what times we've run at previous tracks and use that for guidance if you're looking for pace compared to others :drink:

Thanks @Jonatan. :top:
I'm just start to doing that, after downloaded all the tracks that are available (South Africa & Spain unavailable).

Meanwhile, can anyone provide a base setup? :slurp:
email: silvaro@sapo.pt (with thanks in advance)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next