Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread

Go down 
+26
Jonatan Acerclinth
Steve Parker
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Laurent Binet
Michal Janak
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Peter Blom
Gérard Ryon
David Jaques
David Sabre
David Jundt
Yves Plaçais
Timo Vermeersch
Gabriel Sterr
Austin Johnson
Richard Coxon
Juha Bos
Scott Urick
Chris Stephens
Jason Whited
Richard Wilks
François Remmen
Jason Fitch
Alberto Ibañez
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Feb 2018 - 20:28

I wouldn't do it too much in a race though. Tyre change times have been altered.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Feb 2018 - 23:33

Oh okay that makes sense now Richard. I completely forgot about tire shaving. Did they even make pit stops during the race? I feel like I can run a full race on a set of tires, they seem to last a long time.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Feb 2018 - 1:23

How do we make all setups available for all cars?

Scott sent me a setup for a Ferrari, except I can only see it and load it if I'm in Reggazoni's car.
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Feb 2018 - 9:24

Jason Fitch wrote:

Scott sent me a setup for a Ferrari, except I can only see it and load it if I'm in Reggazoni's car.

If it is as is rFactor, open your .plr-file. In there should then be a line along the lines of "only show car related setups" or something like that. Change the value in that line to "0".

That's for rF. Not sure that it works the same for AMS, but as the general structure is the same, I would not be surprised that it also works.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Feb 2018 - 16:27

None of the reflections for the car spinners in the menu show optional scoops and front wings. Don't know if this is a bug or just normal. Also Mark Donohues penske shows the tachometer in car maxing out at 10k RPM but when you watch the replay it shows the RPMs over 10k.

Also I had a huge stutter like a 5 sec pause on the server. I have never had that happen before on any other game or mod for AMS. Don't know if that's me or what. How many fps are you guys getting with a full field? I have an i7... 32gb of ram and a GTX 770 4gb and struggling to get 40 fps in the pits it's like a slide show with 30 cars. Once on the track it stays on locked on 120 fps and seems ok.

The weird sound clipping only seems to be on some tracks. I've tried several other tracks and the sound had no problem it actually sounds amazing when you don't get that weird sound.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Feb 2018 - 18:04

suggestion for the sound glitch

Ferrari641

take for example the ASR f1991 ferrari ( its free for download )
and check out how they make the sound

maybe you guys find some usefull information.
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Feb 2018 - 23:46

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:

If it is as is rFactor, open your .plr-file. In there should then be a line along the lines of "only show car related setups" or something like that. Change the value in that line to "0".

That's for rF. Not sure that it works the same for AMS, but as the general structure is the same, I would not be surprised that it also works.

Timo

Thanks Timo!

For the record it's called Relevant Setups.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Feb 2018 - 0:22

Jason Fitch wrote:
Timo Vermeersch wrote:

Timo

You're welcome mate.

And "relevant setups" indeed was it. Guess the reduced oxygen in the air at 1850 metres is messing with my head  Very Happy .

Timo
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 10:32

J'ai un problème de son moteur : Haut dans les tours, le son "craque", uniquement online.

voici ce que cela donne :
crac !
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:04

Thanks Ives i already reported it in the official Reiza foruns.
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:18

Super, Richard ! :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:47

After the patch, my side view mirrors (actual mirrors on the car, not virtual mirrors) are not working.
I've checked to make sure they are on, and they are.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:15

David Jundt wrote:
Hmm, I've been reading that the Mazet-March entered by Jo Siffert raced with Goodyear tyres at France.

The entry list here has it on Firestones though? scratch

Maybe the info is wrong, but... does it matter?

Are there small differences between the manufacturers, like one tyre is a bit better in qualifying and heats up quicker, but wears more in the race?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:19

The Firestone tires have a lower optimum temperature than the goodyear ones.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:20

According to Motorsport magazine, the car raced on Firestone's.  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:32

Interesting, so FI drivers need to keep the temperature lower than GY drivers. Could've prove harder in hotter races(if we have different temperatures).

Once again differing infos on the net Rolling Eyes

I've read it now too, so I hope it's true. Although I guess there are no advantages to the FI tyres.

Maybe they could last longer if operated at low temperature...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 17:12

Jason Whited wrote:
After the patch, my side view mirrors (actual mirrors on the car, not virtual mirrors) are not working.
I've checked to make sure they are on, and they are.
This has now happened to me. They were ok yesterday. scratch
Cockpit mirrors are blanked out (showing the mirror texture) and virtual mirrors have gone missing. pale
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 17:39

All was fine for me last night when I tested on the server.

Anyone else got the issue?
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 17:57

I ran a little offline this morning in the ferrari @ kyalami and all was okay here.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 18:10

If it happens when there are more cars on track, a texture/gmt part might be overriding another with the same name.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 18:36

@ jason whited, are you talking about the #23 frank williams car?

i tested the matra and see what sabre is talking about, screenshot in factory. when i tried the williams cars they seemed to work for me.

jason please confirm car and track (online/offline) when you had the issue / still have the issue.

dave
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 18:52

For what it's worth. When I tested last night, my car mirrors were fine, didn't have my virtuals on yet.

However.....my car was being driven by Graham Hill. When I entered the server Brian Janik and his Brabham were in there and his driver became mine for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 19:13

Version 1.00 :top:
The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Grab_011

Version 1.01  :hum:
The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Grab_010
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 19:25

it seems to be related to who else is on the server. offline it was only the matra for me. gerard, were you on the server when you took the picture? was anyone else on? maybe a matra car?

Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Feb 2018 - 19:32

could be shader problems

you guys running sweetfx?

i throw it away out of the stock installment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread   The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches, feedback and driving tips thread
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next