Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*** 2018 HSO SEASON ***

Go down 
+47
Richard Wilks
Tonga Guardia
David Jaques
Greg Hunt
Christian Dauger
Florkin Marc
Paulo Rodrigues
Daniel Monteiro
Timo Vermeersch
Bruno Chacon
Gérard Ryon
Austin Johnson
Jukka Närhi
Marco Capacci
David Sabre
Philippe Martinelli
Charlie Cone
Karel Marciniszyn
Peter Blom
Jari Bruppacher
Gianluca Desposito
Guillaume Siebert
Scott Urick
Yves Plaçais
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
Filippo Marazzi
David Jundt
Jacob Fredriksson
John Fuqua
Ryan Walker
Sam Smith
Michal Janak
Dylan Canton
François Remmen
Alex Nelson
Raul Jereb
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Victor Montenegro
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Chris Stephens
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Jason Whited
Jason White
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:55

I am runing triplescreen and the AMS is now only sim in which are nearly whole time visible stutters which is too tearing, in AC and pcars1 there is much more graphical content and efects and no problem to run on rock solid smooth 60fps, the stutters litle disaper only when i switch off al the onscreen info but then is hard to drive without any info, when on modern car with psequential shiftin i dont know in which gear i am for example

i read many about this prroblem but didn found decent solution yet

(i5 7400 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 3GB. W10)
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:58

Michal Janak wrote:
I am runing triplescreen and the AMS

those are 3 same screens? Becose my 1050 wont support different monitors (and I have different), i have to use SoftTH.. so just wondering if it works...

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 1:00

Raul Jereb wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:
I am runing triplescreen and the AMS

those are 3 same screens? Becose my 1050 wont support different monitors (and I have different), i have to use SoftTH.. so just wondering if it works...

yes i have identical monitors (19" 3/4 ratio), nvidia surround , i udsed a time ago central 22 wide but the screen was distorted at center screen
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 1:15

Did you try changing the ffb to "pure 360hz" (which is the default...I think) to "pure 180hz"?
Heard that worked for some people. Maybe, maybe not, for you.

Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 5:05

Absolutely fantastic news about the AMS switch.
Will there be any Saturday or Friday night races planned next season or is Sunday it.
Id love to take a Monday morning off (im in Australia) to race with you guys but my works a bit too inflexible for that.
Hopefully i can join in when we have a long weekenf here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 10:10

Sam Smith wrote:
Absolutely fantastic news about the AMS switch.
Will there be any Saturday or Friday night races planned next season or is Sunday it.
Id love to take a Monday morning off (im in Australia) to race with you guys but my works a bit too inflexible for that.
Hopefully i can join in when we have a long weekenf here.

There is going to be AMS saturday racing in our sister web, starting next november the 18th: http://intlsimracingforum.boards.net/

Back to top Go down
Ryan Walker
Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 13:27

Awesome news about AMS and can't wait for the 2018 season to start.

Shame about some people being negative when we haven't even started yet and not giving it a chance. :doh:
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 14:02

Jason Whited wrote:
If any are Nvidia users (probably some, I am sure) there is a workaround for the problems with AA (which aren't the fault of the sim, it's an Nvidia driver thing right now) ...I've fixed this issue with a post I found on the Reiza forums.  Quoted below, in case some can use it.  It does fix the AA for the time being.

Quote :
A user on the NVIDIA forum has found a workaround to fix this issue (first post edited to mention this), and have AA working in fullscreen mode. Quoting his message below. I can confirm that using NvidiaProfileInspector to set AA Compatibility bits to 4412C1 (Diablo 3) fixes the problem (0xC1 also works). Hope this can help to understand and if possible fix this issue programmatically with the NVIDIA API for setting the proper flags.

EDIT Oct 31th: each time you install a new NVIDIA driver, it will reset the AA flag in NVIDIA Inspector, so you will have to set the correct value again.

"
I've had the same problem with CFS3.

I tried new video drives, reinstalling DX9c, and a wide range of other control panel settings changes both in the game and in the NVCP all to no effect. What I finally found to work was using NvidiaProfileInspector to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

F0C1
100C1
4412C1

There are subtle effect differences between each one, but generally they fall into the three main groups defined by the last two digits. Right now I've settled on the last one, as it's biased toward darkening the edges its aliasing.
Yes, this is a good workaround for now, it works...fired up rFactor 1 this morning to see terrible shimmering, jagged edges, what the flip is this ??, remembered installed latest Nvidia drivers for my 780Ti, apparently it mucks up NI settings, this fix from Jason gets things back looking better, I used the C1 (Diablo III) setting, thanks Jason.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 14:24

Love it! Will do my best in both 1971 series, and the 1974 Indy car races I also look forward too a lot! Will Ontario be held before the big one in May? It's great that you go for AMS too, it shows that you are changing with the times. I haven't tested that game yet, but will for sure get it as soon as it gets on sale, or something.

ISO doesn't interest me just yet, but I won't hurt myself by signing up on that forum too. Modern GT3's are a bit dull to me, but if there would be GTE or pre 2010 GT1, count me in for sure.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 14:44

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
Love it! Will do my best in both 1971 series, and the 1974 Indy car races I also look forward too a lot! Will Ontario be held before the big one in May? It's great that you go for AMS too, it shows that you are changing with the times. I haven't tested that game yet, but will for sure get it as soon as it gets on sale, or something.

ISO doesn't interest me just yet, but I won't hurt myself by signing up on that forum too. Modern GT3's are a bit dull to me, but if there would be GTE or pre 2010 GT1, count me in for sure.

We will spread the triple corwn over the year, Indy in May as usual, then Pocono and finally Ontario. That makes for more variety, as the track is similar to Indianapolis.

Regarding ISO, one of my dreams is the early 2000s GT cars as in GTR2, so I hope we will be seeing them somewhen in AMS.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 16:11

There's a chance to be "Seppi" twice :D

Probably gonna try to compete in both and do the oval races. AMS is really nice, already doing an AMS championship over at RD and backed Reiza's simracing bonanza.

Too bad there won't be another WEC season like we have now(as a stand-alone championship), gotta win this one then Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 17:29

David Jundt wrote:

Too bad there won't be another WEC season like we have now(as a stand-alone championship), gotta win this one then Wink

There will likely be endurance races as part of the Gold Star series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 17:32

Hi everyone Very Happy ,

happy about Can Am 1971 :clap:,

sorry for the question, why AMS has been choosen...and not maybe rf2?
can someone kindly explain why AMS has better potentials? thank you very much.

David Jundt wrote:
Too bad there won't be another WEC season like we have now(as a stand-alone championship), gotta win this one then *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_wink

I wish there was a WEC1983 season (Monza, Silverstone, Nurburgring, Spa, Fuji and Kyalami)

Jason White wrote:
Endurance races will likely also be part of the Gold Star schedule

:praise:at least 2-3 races and please the Green Hell 1000km

:hello:and thank you for everything you do
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 17:34

Jason White wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

There will likely be endurance races as part of the Gold Star series.

That's why I put that part in brackets there Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 17:48

Quote :
sorry for the question, why AMS has been choosen...and not maybe rf2?
can someone kindly explain why AMS has better potentials? thank you very much.

1) rF2 is as of today an unfinished product, and even the company admits it. Any work done for it could potentially be thrown into the dustbin if a major revision happens in the future.

2) Ever since Studio 397 took over it has received lots of promises, but few real updates, none of them really major.

3) The rF2 tire model is vry hard to understand or mod, and they recently admitted it was also wrong on some fundamental aspects too.

4) There is by far not enough historic contents to do HSO series here with it.

In turn, AMS is a finished product that keeps receiving updates and improvements and runs perfectly well on any modern graphics card as well as solid as a rock online. Also, modding for it is easy for us used to rF1 and the physics result in the same quality. 99% of whatever differences added to rF2 in terms of pysics are unnoticeable to most people, or directly broken.

We don't discard rF2 for the future, however. We just stated that it is as of now unusable for our purposes. But it can very well be used occasionally in our sister web ISO, featuring modern content.
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 18:11

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Also, modding for it is easy for us used to rF1 and the physics result in the same quality.
I understand, thank you
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 19:56

awesome guys , and im pretty sure Jason Alberto, Richard , David , Jason , and Richard, who i forgot??!!!
they dig in deep enough in this new AMS sim to give us more history masterpieces in the future
but meanly the freedom to create a mod and track very close to realism
then maybe some day a 91track will see daylight there , .... who knows

cause my old buddies are years ahead of me !!!!

In december i will download it ( think when its on sale ) to explore the trackmodding scene
Back to top Go down
Convidado

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 20:24

I have great respect and pride of Reiza, unic brasilian studio who produce a game race.

But i'he these issues:
F1 in AMS? I did some races with other converted mods, And i tell you guys, every mod (coverted) i've run in AMS never worked properly, always some bug. especially in the matter of rotation of the steering wheels.  The game was projected to use (360º or more)but the minumim steering its 360. And putting mods of the rf1 with 270º does not work.  the virtual rotation is different from the real (real=G29 and others) steering wheel rotation. I set in gamming software degrees according to the car, and not work better.

The ams  have two options to config. ''Auto wheel rotation'' in  ''controls''  and steering rotation in car setup (360º, 400º, 500º etc)  and I look that converted mods don't accept good these two types of adjustments. Some mods haven't these adjustments.    

How the hso work on it? scratch

Obviusly the converted mod i've tested (depends who made a conversion work) probably who did it, did only conversion and don't work the ''adaptation''  scratch  

If I fix these issues i try, if not I'am out  Sad  (Out of F1)  

I hope  I don't have these problems.

But i'am glad to see the 70's Indy returns, and the 70's prototypes too, I'am anxious to see the endurace next year. Who knows the WSC 70 appear cheers
Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 22:37

Wheel rotation is an easy fix. A few lines added to the hdv file. Dont worry about that.
Any issues with mods that have been converted are only there because the person converting doesn't know how to fix them.
Literly everything you have in rfactor is doable in AMS plus a few little extra features.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 2:00

Philippe Henrique wrote:
I have great respect and pride of Reiza, unic brasilian studio who produce a game race.

But i'he these issues:
F1 in AMS? I did some races with other converted mods, And i tell you guys, every mod (coverted) i've run in AMS never worked properly, always some bug. especially in the matter of rotation of the steering wheels.  The game was projected to use (360º or more)but the minumim steering its 360. And putting mods of the rf1 with 270º does not work.  the virtual rotation is different from the real (real=G29 and others) steering wheel rotation. I set in gamming software degrees according to the car, and not work better.

The ams  have two options to config. ''Auto wheel rotation'' in  ''controls''  and steering rotation in car setup (360º, 400º, 500º etc)  and I look that converted mods don't accept good these two types of adjustments. Some mods haven't these adjustments.    

How the hso work on it? scratch

Obviusly the converted mod i've tested (depends who made a conversion work) probably who did it, did only conversion and don't work the ''adaptation''  scratch  

If I fix these issues i try, if not I'am out  Sad  (Out of F1)  

I hope  I don't have these problems.

But i'am glad to see the 70's Indy returns, and the 70's prototypes too, I'am anxious to see the endurace next year. Who knows the WSC 70 appear cheers

i found the wheel problem too, if there is possibility to change wheel angle, te lowest value is 360 but my old MOMO is only 270 an surely i am not only one , then i figtt between coose not turn in harpiins or unstability and undreavibility on rest of track
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 2:18

So, should I buy now, or wait for Black Friday?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 2:24

I would like to call everyone’s attention to the last piece of information on the 2018 announcement.
We are counting on your support to help us renew the server for next year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 8:48

Jason Fitch wrote:

So, should I buy now, or wait for Black Friday?

You can wait if you wish :top:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 9:45

Will there be more Wednesday racing in the future?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 10:20

It's still being discussed Wink

Not a great answer I know, but it's the best I can give you at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*** 2018 HSO SEASON ***
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next