Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*** 2018 HSO SEASON ***

Go down 
+47
Richard Wilks
Tonga Guardia
David Jaques
Greg Hunt
Christian Dauger
Florkin Marc
Paulo Rodrigues
Daniel Monteiro
Timo Vermeersch
Bruno Chacon
Gérard Ryon
Austin Johnson
Jukka Närhi
Marco Capacci
David Sabre
Philippe Martinelli
Charlie Cone
Karel Marciniszyn
Peter Blom
Jari Bruppacher
Gianluca Desposito
Guillaume Siebert
Scott Urick
Yves Plaçais
Juha Bos
Jason Fitch
Filippo Marazzi
David Jundt
Jacob Fredriksson
John Fuqua
Ryan Walker
Sam Smith
Michal Janak
Dylan Canton
François Remmen
Alex Nelson
Raul Jereb
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
Victor Montenegro
Jan Kowalski
Petr Hlavac
Chris Stephens
Richard Coxon
Pascal Mikula
Jason Whited
Jason White
51 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Empty
PostSubject: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 19:58

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** 2018_1

Hello fellow simracers!   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_biggrin 

First of all, we want to thank all of you for your loyalty and your passion for historic sims, which has contributed to an amazing 2017 season with full grids of competitive drivers, including lots of fresh talent newly attracted to our league  - a trend we hope to continue this year.

The 2018 season will be the tenth year of HSO competition, and for this special anniversary we have adopted some changes and improvements to keep our enthusiastic community strong for the future.

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** AMS

-AUTOMOBILISTA:

Following our successful tests in recent weeks, we will be adopting AMS as main platform for 2018, thanks to its numerous improvements over rFactor and ongoing development. We will still be using rFactor for one Sunday series and some opens, but the mid-term future of our league is in AMS, so we encourage you all to get it at the best opportunity in the next weeks.

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** ISO

-INTERNATIONAL SIMRACING ORGANISATION:

HSO’s original scope and spirit was, and will remain, the historic racing we all love so much and will continue to do. But since our will to stick to it had prevented us so far from exploring other areas that may be of interest to our community but would not be appropriate here, we have decided to expand our league with a sister web, named International Simracing Organisation. The purpose of ISO is to serve as complement to HSO, organising more casual events focused on different eras/series of contemporary and modern motorsports, benefiting from all the high quality material that comes with our new platform AMS. We have already organised our first race, and the entry list is open from the date of this post.

Stay tuned for more event announcements in ISO's dedicated forum.

-2018!

And finally, the announcement you were all waiting for: The HSO 2018 season!  

For the celebration of our own decade of life online, and considering that our sister web will expand into modern racing, we have brought HSO back to its roots, right in the golden years of motorsports, the early 70s. Our 2018 calendar will feature again new custom HSO content developed in-house by our team of modders, plus new takes on some old favorites. Two main Sunday championships and the HSO Gold Star Championship will be contested; the latter will comprise all the open races held during the year. In addition to the races, HSO will continue its web TV coverage, utilizing our YouTube channel and Open Broadcast Software with a series of commentators.

THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** F171

1971 World Drivers' Championship

Yes you read that right, HSO is bringing the 1971 F1 mod and the legends of that era -- such as Stewart, Fittipaldi, Andretti, Hulme, Rodriguez, Siffert, Peterson and Cevert -- to AMS. Also coming with them are some beautiful tracks created by François Remmen. Race around legendary venues such as the Nurburgring Nordschlife, Monaco, Monza and Silverstone, with memorable cars like the Tyrrell 002, Ferrari 312B, the Brabham "Lobster-Claw" BT34, the BRM P160 and the screaming Matra MS120B -- plus the unique Lotus 56B Turbine car.  Drivers will need to look after their cars during the grueling two hour races; the physics created by HSO's own Richard Wilks have been made to replicate the same tendencies the real drivers had to contend with.  So buckle up and step back into 1971!

Simulator : F1 1971 mod for AMS
Cars : Open-wheel monocoque; 3.0L normally aspirated engines
Schedule : Eleven races held on Sunday nights, starting in January
Race timeRoughly 2 hours

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** CanAm71

1971 Canadian-American Challenge Cup 

Welcome to the racing equivalent of taming wild animals!  With David Sabre's graphics and Richard Wilks' physics, we are anticipating an exciting re-creation of this epic series.  Can-Am 1971 featured greats like Stewart, Hulme, Siffert and Revson.  McLaren, Lola and others pushed the boundaries of racing sports car design, while the unlimited engine format produced incredible speed.  This series will favour drivers with patience and finesse.  No traction control or ground effects to help you here; just straight-up raw power and 200 miles of intense competition!

Simulator : HSO Can-Am 1971 Mod for rFactor
Cars : Open-cockpit sports cars
Schedule : Ten races held on Sunday nights, starting in January
Race time : Roughly 2 hours

*** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Gstar

2018 HSO Gold Star

Open races will be held periodically on Sundays, with the cumulative results of these determining the Gold Star champion. Emphasis will be placed on variety, so versatile drivers will enjoy themselves.  Three races we can confirm for the Gold Star at this point: the 1974 USAC Triple Crown races (the Indy 500, the Pocono 500 and the California 500).  Endurance races will likely also be part of the Gold Star schedule.

Simulators : TBA
Cars : TBA
Schedule : All races held on Sunday nights
Race time : TBA

We would also like to take this occasion to point out that our server renewal is coming up at the beginning of December 2017.  We depend of the generous support of our community, and we gladly accept donations to help keep our server running Smile 
You will find our PayPal button on the homepage of the site.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the HSO moderators (names appearing in yellow on the forum).
We look forward to another exciting season with the HSO community!  
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 20:31

:clap:

bounce

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 20:43

Aaaaaa, definitely should be getting myself AMS by now! :conduit: :conduit: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 21:02

Just a note to all of you buying AMS, make sure you buy the version with the season pass included as we will be using some of the DLC tracks in the future. Plus it will save you a lot of money in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris Stephens
Club Driver

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-07-12

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 21:16

Fantastic news regarding AMS, awesome that you modding for it as well. I've done some quick converts of Francois' 91 tracks and they look pretty good in there as is. Its a solid platform
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 21:39

Richard Coxon wrote:
Just a note to all of you buying AMS, make sure you buy the version with the season pass included as we will be using some of the DLC tracks in the future. Plus it will save you a lot of money in the future. Smile

Good that you mentioned it. The whole package is 40% off on Steam now. Still 39€ though.
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 21:44

Will there be a discount for AMS later this year? Or it´s now the best time to buy?
Thanks for the work, HSO :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 21:45

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Will there be a discount for AMS later this year? Or it´s now the best time to buy?
Thanks for the work, HSO :conduit:

AMS usually goes on sale in black Friday (24th of Nov) and the Xmas and new year sales.
Back to top Go down
Victor Montenegro
Club Driver
Victor Montenegro

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-06-06

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 21:55

Next year, I will not go with you guys!! I face serious problems with my control in the AMS, which makes IMPOSSIVE to drive in this simulator, and I do not intend to hurt my hand again in this.

In 2016 I was a champion in the OSR and they moved to the AMS and my career ended there ... For me it's a tragedy. Sad

But I'm sure it will be a big step for all of you! And i  hope everyone has a good season in 2018!
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:00

There will still be one series in rFactor Victor, and also some open races.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:02

CanAm!

Shocked

pale

:banane:

'nuff said.

'xept its a dream come true. Thank you, guys! *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** 3108518133

'bout AMS, gotta upgrade my system and test it, then I'll comment further.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:04

I hoped for CAN-Am, and you brought it! No words needed. Just big thank you.

As for AMS, Im so unfamiliar with it, Id really like that some of you post a thread with what to buy, or if there are any DEMO packs..

Maybe if you could point which mods are to be driven, so we can focus on buying those (if it goest that way)...
Im a pirate child, and buying games, unless in that big-discount-box-in-a-mall, is a kind of adventure for me..

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:18

Raul Jereb wrote:

As for AMS, Im so unfamiliar with it, Id really like that some of you post a thread with what to buy, or if there are any DEMO packs..

Maybe if you could point which mods are to be driven, so we can focus on buying those (if it goest that way)...
Im a pirate child, and buying games, unless in that big-discount-box-in-a-mall, is a kind of adventure for me..

This is what you need.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1355/Automobilista__Season_Pass_for_All_DLCs/

Any future DLC you will receive automatically at no extra cost. For mods, like F1 71 when we release it will be free, the same as rF1.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 22:22

Richard Coxon wrote:

This is what you need.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1355/Automobilista__Season_Pass_for_All_DLCs/

Any future DLC you will receive automatically at no extra cost. For mods, like F1 71 when we release it will be free, the same as rF1.

Ok, thank you.. I was allready looking that when AMS races started, but I was not deeper into it.

Ill wait for black friday then.. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Alex Nelson
Rookie
Alex Nelson

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-04-10

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 23:12

Does this mean no future mods will be made for rfactor?
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 23:24

guys pls do NOT convert the 1991 wip ( means ALL 16 tracks) to AMS platform
its not a offical build YET
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 23:41

It's your 60s tracks we will be using, for the F1 71 Smile
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 23:49

So i bought the game and tested several cars and tracks. I'm not too excited about the content, but if it's supposed to be a base for modding, i'm fine with it. It looks very familiar. My first impression is that it's a nicely polished rF1, halfway between rF1 and rF2. It definitely looks better (watch out, AA might not work even when the game i maxed out, in this case you need to run it in frameless windowed mode), i see some grass on wheels when i go off, there seems to be rubber building up on the track, feedback is much better on my old G25, steering rates are adjusted automatically for each car, etc. I like what i see and i'm certainly not worried about future of HSO Wink

Could somone sum up all the upsides that AMS brings?
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 23:53

I took a tour of AMS now, some youtube clips etc.. and now I remembered, once ago, we tryed Stock Car Extreme ligue (here in Croatia), but it never lived up.. but I was driving some cars, and as I remember, the game is very similar to rF1 in terms of mod-cars-track install folders, new installs, mods..

does anybody know if works with SoftTH (three monitors)??
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:05

Alex Nelson wrote:
Does this mean no future mods will be made for rfactor?

Since the mod conversion is so easy, we will be doing the mod for rFactor and AMS at the same time. Actually after all these years we prefer to go on using rFactor as modding base and once the mod is ready, convert and tweak to AMS. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:08

Excited already!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:11

If any are Nvidia users (probably some, I am sure) there is a workaround for the problems with AA (which aren't the fault of the sim, it's an Nvidia driver thing right now) ...I've fixed this issue with a post I found on the Reiza forums. Quoted below, in case some can use it. It does fix the AA for the time being.

Quote :
A user on the NVIDIA forum has found a workaround to fix this issue (first post edited to mention this), and have AA working in fullscreen mode. Quoting his message below. I can confirm that using NvidiaProfileInspector to set AA Compatibility bits to 4412C1 (Diablo 3) fixes the problem (0xC1 also works). Hope this can help to understand and if possible fix this issue programmatically with the NVIDIA API for setting the proper flags.

EDIT Oct 31th: each time you install a new NVIDIA driver, it will reset the AA flag in NVIDIA Inspector, so you will have to set the correct value again.

"
I've had the same problem with CFS3.

I tried new video drives, reinstalling DX9c, and a wide range of other control panel settings changes both in the game and in the NVCP all to no effect. What I finally found to work was using NvidiaProfileInspector to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

F0C1
100C1
4412C1

There are subtle effect differences between each one, but generally they fall into the three main groups defined by the last two digits. Right now I've settled on the last one, as it's biased toward darkening the edges its aliasing.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:19

In my opinion, AMS is the perfect logical step for this league. I was really excited when I saw the fb post about an "announcement" coming today. I knew this is what it was (only because of putting 2 and 2 together. "Fun events" being run in it....some of the admin here in the Reiza forums...so, I was hoping this was it.

Most should be right at home in the sim after they realize how much the UI, and just the format of everything in general, is like rF.
Like any sim, it takes a bit of working with to get it to where you want it, but it's worth it.

AMS is the best bang for the buck right now. The tire models are a huge improvement over rF which adds new immersion and strategy. Dirt and grass on your tires is a real thing (unlike rF)...you cannot abuse the tires like rF. It is a bumpy ride once you flat spot one and have to drive half a race on it.
If you read the developments, and what is soon to come with the newest build, surely as a sim racer one will be excited. Options for limited tire sets, having to sit out because of going wild in quali and destroying a car (at least for a time)...just read the developments at the Reiza site. Good stuff.

This should be a VERY good platform for the modders here to work with. From where I sit, it seems the physics work on mods from here and Neil's own work with GSCE/AMS is very similar...similar thought processes and ideals surely go into it, that I am certain of. So, it will be a perfect platform and I, for one, and VERY excited for the potential with this. Ecstatic, really!
...just when I was about to venture into unknown league territory because I couldn't find many places to run this sim like I want to. Freakin home run, man!

:banane:

:top:

bounce
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:19

Jason, i fixed it by running the game in windowed mode. It's frameless, so you don't even notice. Just check "windowed" in AMS config exe file and the problem will go away.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 0:29

Yes, I did that too, and it worked.

But for me, for some reason, it causes stutters that I can't sort.
Not the type of stutters from fps drop or bottlenecking of any sort, just something about windowed. I have zero issue in full screen though (besides the AA not currently working until I did what I quoted there) so that's how I ended up searching that out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *** 2018 HSO SEASON ***   *** 2018 HSO SEASON *** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*** 2018 HSO SEASON ***
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next