Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)

Go down 
+28
Simon Wattman
Juha Bos
Philippe Martinelli
Jan Kowalski
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
James Knowles
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Richard Wilks
Cláudio Augusto
Matthias Weber
Dylan Canton
Jan Titz
Sky Willis
Bob Holada
Richard Coxon
Raul Jereb
Ramon Llupart
David Jaques
Dave Simmons
Pascal Mikula
Abat Hernaez
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Jason White
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:56

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2016 - 22:47

So Claudio Augusto will be driving the #115 Porsche CK5. This means the Sauber SHS C6 is now free for anyone to drive at this race (I am by-passing the usual allocation method since this is the last round of the championship)

I will also be switching to the Mazda 717 for this race, so if you want Jan you can race my old Alba this round? But if someone posts before you requesting the car, sorry but it is first come first serve.
Back to top Go down
Cláudio Augusto
Club Driver

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2016 - 1:35

Present Smile
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2016 - 6:34

actually ignore my first post, i'm not sure yet... this is right before a test week at school starts, so i need some more time to think about it being such a smart idea. sorry for the inconvenience
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2016 - 17:37

A note about missed gates:

I will be the admin for this race. During the race people will accidentally miss gates or miss a gate to avoid a collision. If you miss a gate and overtake someone you must let them pass ASAP. Also, if you miss the last gate of the main slalom area or the one by itself near the garage area entrance you must slow significantly (enough to downshift). If anyone submits a complaint and I see that the driver missed the final or single gates and gained an advantage that driver will be penalized if they did not slow.

If you miss any gate during qualifying please abort your lap by slowing massively.

If you miss a gate so bad that you lose a lap that lap will not be given back. Sorry!

If you see someone miss a gate please first decide if it made a big difference before submitting a complaint. If you do want to make a complaint please first download the replay and find the exact time of the gate cut. Send me that time and the details via PM.

Best of luck and good luck if you tag a tire stack and flip like I have many times already!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2016 - 17:51

Also, please note that there will be no YouTube broadcast this week.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2016 - 17:59

Mike Becnel wrote:

Best of luck and good luck if you tag a tire stack and flip like I have many times already!

well if you tag a tire stack.... just lower your flaps Smile, and maybe a landing gear....  :hum:

oh, and yes, keep the steering wheel straight!!!!
:aie:

Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2016 - 22:21

Dylan Canton wrote:
actually ignore my first post, i'm not sure yet... this is right before a test week at school starts, so i need some more time to think about it being such a smart idea. sorry for the inconvenience

Think well, because this time you have the car/track combination to actually win the class.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:54

:hello: Présent
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 18:01

Hello
I have only recently downloaded this mod and track. Should I also download the UPDATED PHSICS.
Thank You
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 18:17

BoB Holada wrote:
Hello
       I have only recently downloaded this mod and track.  Should I also download the UPDATED PHSICS.
Thank You

Yes you need that too
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 18:22

I will be the admin for this race. During the race people will accidentally miss gates or miss a gate to avoid a collision. If you miss a gate and overtake someone you must let them pass ASAP

Some clarification please. If I come upon a gate that is blocked by two or more cars. And I decide to drive around the blockage and some of the cars in the blockage are able to continue do I have to wait for them. Or is it a matter of giving them an easy pass if I do recognize them as cars I passed at the gate?
Would I be better off waiting before the gate (not a good option I think).
Or am I just thinking about this too hard?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 18:32

You are thinking too hard.

Think of it as just a normal track, if the circuit was blocked you would take to the grass to avoid the incident. And no you wouldn't be expected to give the position back as it was them who made the mistake, not you.
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 20:28

Richard Coxon wrote:
You are thinking too hard.

Think of it as just a normal track, if the circuit was blocked you would take to the grass to avoid the incident. And no you wouldn't be expected to give the position back as it was them who made the mistake, not you.

Thanks for the reply. Gaining an advantage (and passing someone) by going off course (cutting corners, cutting onto pit lane, missing a chicane) is frowned upon. But getting past someone (safely of course) who has blocked the track is part of racing. I'm good with that.
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jul 2016 - 22:45

:top:
:cowboy:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 0:21

May I have the remaining Alba please?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 3:06

James Knowles wrote:
May I have the remaining Alba please?

All yours
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 3:07

BoB Holada wrote:

I will be the admin for this race. During the race people will accidentally miss gates or miss a gate to avoid a collision. If you miss a gate and overtake someone you must let them pass ASAP

Some clarification please.  If I come upon a gate that is blocked by two or more cars. And I decide to drive around the blockage and some of the cars in the blockage are able to continue do I have to wait for them. Or is it a matter of giving them an easy pass if I do recognize them as cars I passed at the gate?
Would I be better off waiting before the gate (not a good option I think).
Or am I just thinking about this too hard?

This would fall under avoiding a collision per my note so miasing the gate is OK.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 8:12

I'd like to report kind of a bug or something. Just a few minutes ago I was on the server doing first practice sessions with my 936C but after two timed laps, the track (or server or whatever is responsible with triggering the lap timer) stopped counting my laps and recording lap times... I don't know if there's a fault on my side (I sometimes missed some gates on the outlap because I didn't know the track and went too fast) or if there's something else gone wrong Question
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 8:46

IIRC Diepholz is a bit sensistive to the sectors, if you missed one the lap and following laps will not count. Be sure you stay within track limits, sometimes its lines in the asphalt and not grass. This is a usual problem intracks that are very wide or have a weird layout with much (unused) asphalt space around, as airports. The AI gets confused.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 8:48

It is a bug with the track, one which we don't know how to fix. We also experienced the issue during some DTM races. I believe the problem starts when you miss a gate by a big margin.

All we can suggest is, be extra careful to make sure you pass through the chicanes. Another possible cause is exiting the pits in the wrong place. The correct pit exit is in the corner of the pit garages and not the road in the middle of them all.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 10:15

Richard Wilks wrote:
Think well, because this time you have the car/track combination to actually win the class.

that is why i'm not sure, or you know what... fuck it, i'm in! :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 12:01

I had the same problem yesterday with counting and timing laps.
I did drive correct, no missed gates, no nothing, it just didnt want to start, not after 3 laps too...

I was to restart rfactor, but then I had some other (familly) issues and was not trying again.. will do today.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 14:51

Note the pits are horrendous here. There are small signs just before pit entry and pit exit. If yiu enter wrong your crew will not service the car. I strongly recommend practicing a stop before the race just in case you have to pit in race.

Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jul 2016 - 18:04

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
IIRC Diepholz is a bit sensistive to the sectors, if you missed one the lap and following laps will not count. Be sure you stay within track limits, sometimes its lines in the asphalt and not grass. This is a usual problem intracks that are very wide or have a weird layout with much (unused) asphalt space around, as airports. The AI gets confused.

Is this going to affect the race? If it's not counting laps in practice that usually means it's going to do the same in the race. So you're looking at the potential of a large number of cars being a lap down by the end of the First lap because of the pile-up in the first or second tire chicane and them having to blow the chicane to miss it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next