Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)

Go down 
+28
Simon Wattman
Juha Bos
Philippe Martinelli
Jan Kowalski
Michael Drechsler
Alberto Ibañez
James Knowles
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Richard Wilks
Cláudio Augusto
Matthias Weber
Dylan Canton
Jan Titz
Sky Willis
Bob Holada
Richard Coxon
Raul Jereb
Ramon Llupart
David Jaques
Dave Simmons
Pascal Mikula
Abat Hernaez
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jason Fitch
Mike Becnel
Dana Schurer
Jason White
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave Simmons
Club Driver

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:29

Finished 5th Probably should have been 6th given Pascal suffered the pitstop bug.

I kind of enjoyed this track, no real major incidents of my own, did get caught up in a couple of others peoples problems though.

Any thanks go to Jonatan for the set up help this season! they have really helped! considering i couldnt keep the cars on the track in race 1. Thanks to Mike also for the initial advice in Round 1!!

Hope HSO uses this mod again, thoroughly enjoyed it

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:30

Results and points are up :flag:

Glad to see so many of you enjoyed using these cars :top:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:34

Richard Coxon
Jonatan Acerclinth

Your brakes are staying on 100% of the time.

Clean your pots.... :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:36

Could be lag, as my hud was showing now sign of braking.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:36

Oh, even unofficial, I won the Group C class!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Kind of nice satisfaction!

Last edited by Raul Jereb on Sun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:37

So you should in a 956, you kinky fox! Razz

Well done :top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:39

Raul Jereb wrote:
Oh, even unoffitial, I won the Group C class!!!

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Kind of nice satisfaction!

Grats! I had to win to overtake you and all others and that was NOT happening at that track. Great points race with all you folks in Group C!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:39

Raul Jereb wrote:
Michael Drechsler wrote:
Hm, DRM and me, no love story...

Oh boy, just listening the sound of that Capri Turbo on downshifting, I could just cruise around while others race, and Ill be in heaven... geek
scratch
Yeah, right...

There's nothing wrong with the cars that raced in the series, also with the competition back then. Be it early Group 1/2/3/4 tourers, the Group 5 monstrosities or the late Group 6/C era, all very fascinating stuff. Its just those ridiculous tracks they used to race. Probably nice for the spectators, but driving is... almost no fun. Of the four races I attended, AVUS was the only track I really enjoyed, even though I spoiled the result myself during the last minutes of qualifying.

Oh, and I have to apologise for that incident with the Alba early on I hit in the back and spun around. I got a bit caught by surprise about your speed mid-corner.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:41

Richard Coxon wrote:
So you should in a 956, you kinky fox! Razz

Well done :top:

Well, I acted too rashly... you're right...
My car won, acctually, I was just sitting there and enjoying the sightseeing.
:D
Back to top Go down
Sky Willis
Club Driver
Sky Willis

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2016-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:41

woo that was fun! finishing was my aim and in the end i think i benefitted from a lot of others misfortune. though i seemed decently fast through the wiggles at least.

even though its probably a bit crap, i really liked driving the harrier, so hope these cars get used again soon because i want to drive it some more.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:43

I still love the Lola, it will still be my first choice... It was the perfect car for this track, and i had to let it down...

I schould be happy with getting my first pole (in class) but the race ended in a disaster...

I got boxed in at the start making me already lose positions. Then things started getting better, but that wasnt for long. sorry to Gerard for spinning you altough my race hurted very much too from that... In the end when i caught up to Simon, i got a bit cocky and let my guard down which when he entered the chicane slow (very smart move, since i lacked power) i got wheelspin and slammed myself sideways into the wall, and to add insult to injury the buggy track stopped counting my laps afer the pitstop which robbed me from atleast having 4th...

There is 1 sentence going thru my head: "you idiot, to finish first, you first have to finish :doh:

Great racing though, These Group C cars always make for a interesting season :top:
Maybe this perfect senario will repeat itself sometime and maybe i can finnaly bag a victory
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:44

Michael Drechsler wrote:

Oh, and I have to apologise for that incident with the Alba early on I hit in the back and spun around. I got a bit caught by surprise about your speed mid-corner.

Oh, my car didnt noticed, and I was waving from the cockpit. You cought that?
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:47

Richard Coxon wrote:

Results arent right, i never started 22nd, i started between Jhonatan and Dana, atleast give me the feeling i got my first in class pole
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 21:51

Dylan Canton wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

Results arent right, i never started 22nd, i started between Jhonatan and Dana, atleast give me the feeling i got my first in class pole

I'll look into it soon Dylan, the problems with the circuit probably messed up the xml's
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 22:32

As this was my 2nd HSO/Rfactor race and my only DRM race I'm still learning. My apologies to everyone.
I did find and turn on the virtual mirrors and managed to put together a setup that suited me. I also turned up the skidding noise. Not surprised that I was the slowest car .
Somehow I missed the start of the race. ?????
I'm sitting in the garage. I see and hear a count down and then see a formation lap message. I figured I'd better head out to the track. So I head to the track entrance. As I get close to the track I see that everybody is bunched together about half a lap ahead of me. Did I miss a button push. Or was this a penalty for poor driving during Qualification?. So I take off after the field and I'm still nearly a half lap behind when the green falls. I'm not sure if I'm actually in the race because I haven't seen a single car. But Its not long before the leaders come around and put me down a lap the first of many. Then I wonder if I'm actually being scored for my laps.
I never actually raced anyone except for brief moments with other C-Junior cars. But I knew I was being lapped so I'd eventually get out of the way. I saw this as a cross between an autocross event and an endurance race. I had a good time. Now to find out a few more of Rfactors secrets.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 22:36

Will have a look at cleaning my pedals, has been a while since the last time actually...

All in all, a dissapointing end to the season with a 2nd race that went way too badly...

But overall a nice championship, thanks for organizing it Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2016 - 22:37

You did not join fast enough BoB.

Great driving when being overtaken when I saw you. You were easily predictable. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 0:44

Mike Becnel wrote:
You did not join fast enough BoB.

Ok :doh:

Cars will be placed on the grid when the drivers click "race"

I missed this part. I don't think I ever clicked the "race" button. I just drove out from the garage to the track. I was not to happy to have a new interface to work thru for this Mod.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 6:36

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 86614f0feef11212f542f13366b581f7

seems it has the right qualifying times from Pascal, Jonatan and me and still put us in the back
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 7:02

Congrats also to Dylan Canton for taking the Wankel Cup for the highest placing Mazda all season.

Of Course, I think he's the only one that stuck to his Mazda powered car all season!
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 9:13

Jason Fitch wrote:

Congrats also to Dylan Canton for taking the Wankel Cup for the highest placing Mazda all season.

Of Course, I think he's the only one that stuck to his Mazda powered car all season!
kinda stopped doing that since people were abandoning thier Rotary's left and right... Seeing Jundt was my only real threath I indeed took the unoficial 'Wankel cup'

But there will always be that one track that will be worth the whole season struggle
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 13:17

My first hso win :first: only took 180 attempts lol!

In the beginning I took it very easy. Got overtaken by some cars and tried to just stay away from incidents. In the first 20% of the race I was able to keep up with the other group c junior cars, but after that they were quicker than me. I was aiming for 3rd in class as both Dana and Dylan was faster. In the slalom sections I was so slow. Car so understeery. Maybe wrong setup :hum:

But as this is racing strange stuff can happen. First Dana crashes and later Dylan spins when he is closing in for the overtake :smil20:

After that i was just trying to survive the slalom sections. Was close to crash sometimes so a big relief when I crossed the finish line.

Thanks for hosting this championship Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 3108518133 Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 3108518133 :top:
Back to top Go down
James Knowles
Pro Driver
James Knowles

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 14:49

Richard, Jason, Mike......

Whats next for Sundays?????? :D
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 15:19

My biggest regret with this series is that we couldn't do the proper long version of Avus. 
Other than that, I think it produced some exciting action.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2016 - 15:20

James Knowles wrote:
Richard, Jason, Mike......

Whats next for Sundays??????    :D

We do have a calendar in the paddock area. :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)   Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Diepholz (Jul 10th)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next