Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Logitech G29

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Logitech G29 Empty
PostSubject: Logitech G29   Logitech G29 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 13:50

Hi there my old buddies,

long time no see. Well, I did not post that much lately, but I always continued following the forum in... silence Very Happy .

It seems that Logitech has somewhere sneaked in a replacement for the G27, named the G29:

Logitech G29 Url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiV94-u0-PMAhVIBcAKHS6RBbkQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co

At first sight, the drawback is that they seem to have abondoned the H-shifter all toghether. Worries me less, as I have a seperate SST-shifter.

The pro is that the finishing seems to be up even if it looks somewhat flashy... Still, the real pro is that it seems to have plenty of buttons on the steering wheel itself.

I never really got used to the feel of the Thrustmaster 500 and always felt some nostalgy towards the feeling of my first Logi DFP and then G25.

To cut a long story short... This G29 temps me to replace the Thrustmaster 500.

Does anyone here already try it and, if so, could you share some comments please?

Thanks in advance.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Logitech G29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29   Logitech G29 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 14:48

Sorry Timo, I still own my G25, and never try another wheel. I can't to help you.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Logitech G29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29   Logitech G29 Icon_minitimeWed 18 May 2016 - 17:10

Reviews I have seen say it's pretty similar to the G27 in feel. BUt be careful with nostalgia ... you might very well go back to a G27 now and not like it anymore. The T500 is way better, really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Logitech G29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logitech G29   Logitech G29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logitech G29
Page 1 of 1