Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)

Go down 
+26
David Jaques
Gérard Ryon
Pascal Le pihive
Arturo Pereira
François Remmen
David Sabre
Martin Lacina
Michael Drechsler
Eric Plana
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jukka Närhi
Lee Simpson
Pascal Mikula
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Claudio Navonne
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Ludovic Tiengou
Jason Fitch
Jan Kowalski
Mike Becnel
Glenn Corliss
Richard Coxon
Dana Schurer
Jason White
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 18:34

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
All it takes is one DNF

Dude in this league DNF = Dana Never Fails :doh:

Haaahahahaaaa!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 18:58

Jason White wrote:
Hey, all I know is I'm third in points with 13 races to go  :hihi:  Anything can happen  Very Happy

Do well in the 500-mile races and the championship will look very promising. Although I have a feeling Dana will lead the field in the 500-milers as well :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 19:07

We are putting high pressure on her now - psycho job at work :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 19:14

I'm looking forward to the rule changes! Anything before that is damage limitation. That's why I was so pleased with 3rd yesterday! I don't know if anyone noticed, but I was alongside with Dana on the final restart. No real chance of keeping the lead if I would've gotten ahead, but I was really going for it. I did my fastest lap on lap 99, then had a half spin out of turn 2 on the final lap! So nearly threw it away there, but I just kept it going.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 19:15

Nice and long sunday night. Thanks for everyone. In first race a had not so bad position on the start and after several yellow phase a was on nice 6 position. When came the yellow flag before a half of the race i thought that it is too early to pit so i continued and because there was not another yellow for a long time i had to pit during green flag. And this was my end. I made a mistake when i braked in the pit and i missed my position. So i had to return to the track and try the pitstop in next lap. I got it so i can continue but i lost 2laps in the pit. 3laps totaly with my previous stop & go. In fact i think 12position with a lot of retirement was not so bad result for the next round.

It was much better but in the pit i did a similar mistake when i went hard to my brakes and i missed my place again but only by aproxx 20meters.:-) I had to shift reversal and return to my position. Because i had a small demage i had to stay in the pit 59second which also brought me one lap. The advantage of this was that i tried to pit during yellow so i didnt lost more.

After a several races in HSO i have to say that my biggest problem is pittstops. The most races i lost by reason of bad pistops. Because in the past i competed in Grand prix legends where didnt pitstop at all for me this part of the races is unknown chapter. I have to improve them!!!

Back to top Go down
Dana Schurer
Experienced Driver
Dana Schurer

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 19:19

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
All it takes is one DNF

Dude in this league DNF = Dana Never Fails :doh:
Laughing  :clap:  Laughing

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
We are putting high pressure on her now - psycho job at work :D :D :D
When you've got anxiety like I do, a little extra stress is just a drop in the bucket. :hihi:

But I suspect the 500s will really be your race to lose considering all the long straights and your power advantage. How's that for a psycho job? :langue:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 19:28

yeah need to say this to Jacob!

you realy drive awesome in that Coyote Foyd
great driver, did some testing previous in that car but couldn't get it around lol!
requires i think a special setup

speaking for myself im pleased to entertain you guys specialy Mike and Jason with the ( Villeneuve style ) even with these usac beasts :D
in the end both cars are red or better said in Jason words; Cherry ( bomb) :D :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 19:32

Quote :
But I suspect the 500s will really be your race to lose considering all the long straights and your power advantage. How's that for a psycho job? Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 746821

Your chassis is much better and offsets that advantage Smile, and in race trim the power difference is so small that in fact your car is quicker. So the races are actually yours to lose. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2016 - 8:01

Well, it could be better. Much better. First, thanks to Jason for a very nice setup uploaded to HSO page, the Eagle 72 was really nice to drive and handled beautifully :top:

I got up to speed quickly and did well in practice. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to repeat it in quali and ended up in the second half of the field. To make things worse, I got moved to the end of the line during the second yellow. I tried alternative strategy, but my car just didn't pull in the straight line. It all went south when i forgot to unclick "repair all" and lost one lap due to small damage i didn't even know about. And then i brushed the wall and killed the engine. Game over. The low straightline speed was explained later - for some reason i increased radiator size to 4...

The second race was much better. The car was a rocket after decreasing radiator size and i could keep up with the leading pack. Sadly, I blew my engine during an upshift after some 30 laps.

The track was a bit too tight for all of us from time to time, there were some close calls (sorry to Gerard Ryon, i realize that i cut you off a few times... Embarassed ). But overall it was a nice experience on a very special track. Those super sensitive engines is the only thing i'm not really excited about.

Looking forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2016 - 9:17

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Well, it could be better. Much better. First, thanks to Jason for a very nice setup uploaded to HSO page, the Eagle 72 was really nice to drive and handled beautifully :top:

I got up to speed quickly and did well in practice. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to repeat it in quali and ended up in the second half of the field. To make things worse, I got moved to the end of the line during the second yellow. I tried alternative strategy, but my car just didn't pull in the straight line. It all went south when i forgot to unclick "repair all" and lost one lap due to small damage i didn't even know about. And then i brushed the wall and killed the engine. Game over. The low straightline speed was explained later - for some reason i increased radiator size to 4...

The second race was much better. The car was a rocket after decreasing radiator size and i could keep up with the leading pack. Sadly, I blew my engine during an upshift after some 30 laps.

The track was a bit too tight for all of us from time to time, there were some close calls (sorry to Gerard Ryon, i realize that i cut you off a few times... Embarassed ). But overall it was a nice experience on a very special track. Those super sensitive engines is the only thing i'm not really excited about.

Looking forward to the next one.
Hey, where i can unclick the possibility to repair? I didnt find it in menu so in first race i lost 2laps and in second race 1lap due to a small damage. Now i think that i forgot to scroll down the pit menu to find this possibility because in mod 1978 i foud it.
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

Number of posts : 2986
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2016 - 9:27

Same here Martin. You need to scroll down your HUD with the pit request to change the repair line to none.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2016 - 9:35

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Same here Martin. You need to scroll down your HUD with the pit request to change the repair line to none.
Oh my god!Thanks a lot Ludovic.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2016 - 17:50

Petr Hlavac wrote:
 Those super sensitive engines is the only thing i'm not really excited about.

Welcome to Indycar racing 1973 style! You'll get used to them, they are like a fine woman, treat her right and she will do all the work for you, treat her poorly and she will leave you.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 0:42

Wonderful direction once again by Ben, and Jonatan continues to do a great job talking about cars he is completely new to.  A daunting challenge that he meets head on :top:  And many thanks top Mike for jumping into the color commentary role!  Great fun to listen to! Very Happy  

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 14:48

Jason White wrote:
Wonderful direction once again by Ben, and Jonatan continues to do a great job talking about cars he is completely new to.  A daunting challenge that he meets head on :top:  And many thanks top Mike for jumping into the color commentary role!  Great fun to listen to! Very Happy  

Indeed :clap: :clap: :top: :top:

Then i want to add a bit of humor to the story lol! (sorry if it seems a quite odd one)

After the « accusations » made by Mike on my pit team I must stand against such slender. Superman working for me ? it’s outrageous (well especially for Superman lol! ). How did Mike dare saying such a thing !!! No way my crew was DC superheroes as he said.

So, with the courteous authorization of my team PR Janet « Wasp » Van Dyne, here comes the composition of the team working at Trenton :
Spare part engineer : Pietro « Quicksilver » Maximoff (nice job picking up much needed wing parts from the Eagle factory azap)
Tyres change crew : Guido « Pitstop » and Kurt « Nightcrawler » Wagner.
Suspensions unbending team : Piort « Colossus » Rasputin and Ben « The Thing » Grimm.
Car body and tape manager : Peter « Spiderman » Parker (especially for the fantastic web tape attaching back all the pieces to the frame)
Welder guy : Johnny « Human Torch » Storm

Special thanks to:
My chassis engineer Logan Wolverine who came with the idea to use adamantium instead of steel for the frame. Your idea gives me a very resistant car.
Wanda « Scarlet witch » Maximoff at the time board who was watching over the race and put her skills to good use to make the team catch the 10th position during H2.

So you can see there isn’t a single DC spandex wearing guys. I let our lawyer Matthew « Dardevil » Murdock take the matter into his hand.
:D :D :D :D :D
PS : to better understand the joke you’ll have to know every name here are Marvel Comics heroes. Only Guido isn’t. It’s one character of the Pixar Cartoon "Cars" responsible for the amazing tyres change during the final race.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:11

If I see a shipment of adamantium show up in your pits I am filing a protest!
Back to top Go down
Ludovic Tiengou
Racing Legend
Ludovic Tiengou

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:36

Between gentlemen we could reach to an agreement. It happens we have a surplus of it. Enough to make another frame. So deal ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 15:49

Now awesome, we as drivers are expected to pee in a cup after the race, but the WADA never shows up in the pits. Where's the justice in that? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 18:07

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Between gentlemen we could reach to an agreement. It happens we have a surplus of it. Enough to make another frame. So deal ? lol!

I did not see anything thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2016 - 14:30

just eye candy

touring around at dawn :D

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 GRAB_013_zpsde2gzsuj
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2016 - 15:03

Lovely shot!   Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2016 - 15:12

That sky is amazing :cowboy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)   Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2-3 - Trenton (Apr 10th)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7