Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)

Go down 
+34
Richard Wilks
Greg Hunt
Roman Koranda
Alberto Ibañez
Dylan Canton
Philippe Martinelli
Alessio Campigotto
Jan Kowalski
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jean-Marie Placais
Vincent Beretta
Jason Fitch
David Jundt
Jari Bruppacher
Petr Hlavac
Mike Becnel
Raymond Riddall
Steve Parker
Pascal Le pihive
Matthias Weber
Richard Coxon
Didier Conjeaud
Ben Paulet
Yves Plaçais
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Jukka Närhi
Dana Schurer
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2016 - 23:51

Points are up. Screenies to follow after some DRM housekeeping  :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2016 - 23:53

Jason White wrote:
Jukka Maattanen wrote:
I'd like to ask Jason, how can the Brabham be so slow :hihi:

Simple. I'm driving it.  Razz

Seriously, I think it will be better suited for circuits like Paul Ricard, Monza and the Hock.

And presumably Anderstorp Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Smokin10
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 0:04

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

And presumably Anderstorp Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Smokin10

Yes. Gordon Murray is working on a cooling unit of some kind...
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 0:47

That was a very difficult race, fun first half, very hairy second half...

Practice and Qualifying:

Did what I could to get a quick car underneath me but it dawned on me very early that the car lacks a lot of top speed and fast corner speed compared to most of the other cars so I decided to get a good consistent race car together instead.

This it feels like I managed, I did a 48.2 which is a PB for me in Qualifying so very happy with that, not ending up last was also a nice bonus for that PB Smile

Race:

The lights was a tad bit difficult to see as they were off on the side, fortunately I noticed when I came onto the grid after the recon-lap and prepared for it and therefore had a resonable start, climbed to 15th a couple of laps in.

Soon I came under fire from quicker drivers and I let most of them go by as I were set on the car being better later into the race. Settled into my grove keeping a nice gap to Jason, Jukka and Steve (I think it was Steve, might have been someone else...).

Dropped a few tenths every lap but felt at home and then Jason started to suffer from tirewear.

I still had good tires so pushed a bit and after many laps of loosing out in Sector 1 with the long straights and fast corners while gaining in the 2nd and 3rd sectors where I had the car set up to be quite good on the squiggly bits, I was close enough to get the tow.

About at the same time Phillipe finally caught up to us after having had trouble after Lap1 and he, I assume, didn't take the dirty air and difference in cars into enough consideration going into T1 as, when I turned in, he came careering onto the same piece of tarmac resulting in contact, seeing Phillipe out of the race and me with both suspension damage and a punctured tire.
Sorry if it was my fault, haven't checked the replay, but I didn't think there were any kind of chance at a pass in that part of the track for anyone so didn't anticipate anyone to be up the inside at that turn. But shit happens, sorry to see you out of the race but I hope we get to have a good battle in the coming rounds Smile

Sadly it also saw the end of a, prospectively speaking, fantastic battle with Jason. What wings were you using by the way? Shocked Surprised

Limped back into the pits and changed the tires and went out and changed from racing to just surviving until the end of the race. Took a few laps to understand the way the car was behaving. The damaged suspension caused the car to only want to turn left, prefferably spinning left, and then understeer more than a charging hippo, quite the interesting combination.

In the end finished 14th or 15th which I'll happily take, the car really didn't like the circuit and I didn't quite gell with it either...

But I had a lot of fun, thank you to all I had a battle with and sorry for a few dodgy let by's for lappers, had a bit of trouble at times.

Also, congrats Petr, I take part-pride in that victory as I helped set up the car and congrats to everyone, that was a very difficult race :drink:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 0:55

Jonatan, you aren't just a part of my success. Your setup won the race for me. It was just amazing. The car didn't degrade at all. All that fighting at the beginning didn't do any harm, I could literally do whatever I wanted, it was so nice and easy to drive! Actually, I decided to push a little at the end and improved the fastest time by 0.4s in the last lap. Incredible. If you don't mind, I would share that set with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 0:59

Also, I watched the TV coverage. The only objection is perhaps too much jumping frpm car to car at the beginning, but otherwise it was fantastic! Huge thanks for speaking English, your commentary is enjoyable, knowledgable, you always picked the best action on track, simply a very, very good job! My family and a few of my fellow Simracer friends from CZ watched it too ;-)
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 1:03

I wouldn't mind that at all mate Smile

I'm happy to hear that you feel that it had such a massive impact on/for your race, that proves that it wasn't the cars fault when it comes to the M23, it was me not being able to extract the pace out of it the same way you could extract the pace out of the Williams on a similar setup.

I'm simply happy to be able to help any and everyone so go ahead mate :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 1:04

Well that was....interesting?

I had a decent start, got bogged down behind some traffic until the hairpin.....Braking for the turn in a wad of "slower" cars and I got a little twitchy, it wasn't bad but it high sided on the curb, had to wait for everyone to go by so I could back off of it, I then spent the rest of the race trying to catch back up. Made a couple of bone head moves whilst around other cars, somewhere around Lap 26 or so I finally lost it completely out of the last hairpin and lost the rear wing. While pitting for repairs I opted to put new tires on and went with the Softs. When I came out of the pits the car was a rocket and it went to my head, whilst running up on a slower higher placed car I went wide out of the top end of the track and clouted the wall and lost both wings and a rear tire.

It's amazing to me, how little speed differential there is down the straights, it's probably only a couple of MPH, but man in the turns. I would be chasing guys from out of the last hairpin and not be catching them, until we went into the big sweeper at the top of the track and I would drive right up on them there.

Oh well, I had 2 goals for the weekend, Q with a .46 lap and I did that, the other was to just finish the race, didn't do that. Thanks to Gerard for the Q and Race setups, I would've been a lot further back without them. See ya'll at Kyalami, I won't be able to make Brazil, taking my girls to Disney on Ice that day.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 1:59

Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1132
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 2:25

Jason White wrote:
Screenies up

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1132

Lovely :top:

It was ironic with Gerard: He was faster on the straights, but I seemed quicker in the turns(at least in the slow ones, not the long right hander), even though he drives a ground-effect car :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 2:46

David Jundt wrote:

It was ironic with Gerard: He was faster on the straights, but I seemed quicker in the turns(at least in the slow ones, not the long right hander), even though he drives a ground-effect car :D

That's the way my Lotus was as well, in the fast corners it was blazing fast but in the slow corners it was almost painfully slow.

Yea the 78 does have Ground Effects, but the 78 had a lot of problems with it's Ground Effects.
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 7:37

Richard Coxon wrote:
Had a fun race especially at the beginning, until i cam to lap Dylan  :doh:
No offence Dylan but you had plenty of time to let me by, you could have gone wide on corners, lifted off on the straight and moved off the racing line. Just remember don't panic. It does look as though you were trying to hard when i was near you, slow things down slightly and the car will behave better for you  :top:

Ye sorry... Not being anoyed with myself, i realised my mistake, sorry if i ruined a good race for you :doh:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 9:20

Quote :
That's the way my Lotus was as well, in the fast corners it was blazing fast but in the slow corners it was almost painfully slow.

Both the 78 and the 79 had problems with low speed grip. The underbody only started working well at some speed. :top:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 9:40

Lovely screens, the cars are truly spectacular !
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 10:30

Thanks for the coverage! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 10:37

Yup, I'm pretty bummed that I wasn't able to race yesterday. Terrific screenshots! Congrats Petr, well deserved!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 13:50

Jukka Maattanen wrote:

They aren't slow, they'r too fast, so we had to drive them carefully....
We had a plan to win when all of you in front crash... but, somthing went wrong!! scratch

Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 14:02

Raul Jereb wrote:
Jukka Maattanen wrote:

They aren't slow, they'r too fast, so we had to drive them carefully....
We had a plan to win when all of you in front crash... but, somthing went wrong!! scratch

I think the Brabham doesn't like the combination of slow twisty bits and high speed straights. My spidey senses tell me it is best when setup for one or the other.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 14:08

Jason Fitch wrote:
See ya'll at Kyalami, I won't be able to make Brazil, taking my girls to Disney on Ice that day.

Thank you for letting us know; we'll have the Rebaque Lotus available in Round 2 as an open full time drive.

Last edited by Jason White on Mon 11 Jan 2016 - 14:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 14:30

Jason White wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:
See ya'll at Kyalami, I won't be able to make Brazil, taking my girls to Disney on Ice that day.

Thank you for letting us know; we'll have the Rebaque Lotus available in Round 2 as an open full time drive.

Perhaps you could reserve that seat for me if possible. Was great fun yesterday with the Merzario, but i need a little more practise before a race weekend.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 14:33

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Jason Fitch wrote:

Thank you for letting us know; we'll have the Rebaque Lotus available in Round 2 as a one-off drive.

Perhaps you could reserve that seat for me if possible. Was great fun yesterday with the Merzario, but i need a little more practise before a race weekend.

You will have to request it in the Brazil race thread, which will be posted on January 17th, and only after all the regular one-off drives are taken.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 15:20

Race broadcast

Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 16:48

I just uploaded my race setup to the Setup section on the HSO web page. You might feel a little understeer in those super fast corners with full tank and cold tyres, but soon the car becomes amazing to drive and remains like that during the whole run, reaching nearly a qualifying condition in the closing stages. Again, credit goes to Jonatan Acerclinth :top:
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 17:30

Wow that is a good setup. I will try to translate to my Ferrari. I was faster in yours than mine!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 18:01

Mike Becnel wrote:
Wow that is a good setup. I will try to translate to my Ferrari. I was faster in yours than mine!

Now everybody will be winners!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next