Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)

Go down 
+34
Richard Wilks
Greg Hunt
Roman Koranda
Alberto Ibañez
Dylan Canton
Philippe Martinelli
Alessio Campigotto
Jan Kowalski
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jean-Marie Placais
Vincent Beretta
Jason Fitch
David Jundt
Jari Bruppacher
Petr Hlavac
Mike Becnel
Raymond Riddall
Steve Parker
Pascal Le pihive
Matthias Weber
Richard Coxon
Didier Conjeaud
Ben Paulet
Yves Plaçais
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Jukka Närhi
Dana Schurer
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve Parker
Racing Legend
Steve Parker

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2016 - 23:03

Jason White wrote:
The server is back online  :top:

91.121.135.76:34600

Cheers Jason :top:
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2016 - 2:53

present!
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2016 - 8:23

if one car is free, i would like to participate Smile
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2016 - 10:41

Jan Kowalski wrote:

All cars are reserved at the moment.  If a full-time driver announces they will be absent from this race, you can request their car.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2016 - 13:44

Should be present but 50/50
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2016 - 17:12

Présent Wink
Back to top Go down
Dylan Canton
Experienced Driver
Dylan Canton

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:48

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 2:56

During my 12 years of simracing, i found out what i can and what i can't do. On the plus side, i can get to my limit very soon, no matter what sim/racing game, track and car it is, i'm very close to my maximum within 5-8 laps. Sadly, i suck at everything else. I'm not reliable with cars that are too fast/have too much downforce. I'm not good at strategy, I'm not a good qualifier. But most importantly, I have zero knowledge about setup. Im my GPL days, I used just one setup for three years and changed only gear ratio, that was it. With F1 1979, i had to manipulate with wings, too. But again, it was simple. Unfortunately, with F1 1978 I'm completely lost. I tested the car on fast tracks (Silverstrone, Brands Hatch) and it was excellent. Then I came to Argentina, where there are slow corners, too. I'm totally lost. The car oversteers terribly and it's mostly a mechanical grip issue (low speeds), not aero. I've tried to adjust wings, rollbars, diff settings, i went from extreme to extreme, and the result is always the same - rear overheats like hell, acceleration from 50mph is ridiculously difficult and rear tyre wear makes the car completely undrivable after a few dozen laps. Please, which way to go? What shoulod I do to make it feel right?
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 3:18

Petr Hlavac wrote:
During my 12 years of simracing, i found out what i can and what i can't do. On the plus side, i can get to my limit very soon, no matter what sim/racing game, track and car it is, i'm very close to my maximum within 5-8 laps. Sadly, i suck at everything else. I'm not reliable with cars that are too fast/have too much downforce. I'm not good at strategy, I'm not a good qualifier. But most importantly, I have zero knowledge about setup. Im my GPL days, I used just one setup for three years and changed only gear ratio, that was it. With F1 1979, i had to manipulate with wings, too. But again, it was simple. Unfortunately, with F1 1978 I'm completely lost. I tested the car on fast tracks (Silverstrone, Brands Hatch) and it was excellent. Then I came to Argentina, where there are slow corners, too. I'm totally lost. The car oversteers terribly and it's mostly a mechanical grip issue (low speeds), not aero. I've tried to adjust wings, rollbars, diff settings, i went from extreme to extreme, and the result is always the same - rear overheats like hell, acceleration from 50mph is ridiculously difficult and rear tyre wear makes the car completely undrivable after a few dozen laps. Please, which way to go? What shoulod I do to make it feel right?
I'll have a play around with your car and then let you know what I think in a PM Smile

Hopefully it won't be to much of an issue, though some cars suit certain tracks more but I'll send you a PM :top:

EDIT: I see now why I was given the BS Fab (I just love the 23 though, such a massive fun to drive, sliding all around :hihi: ) and not the Williams, such a difference in basic pace (with me in the drivers seat of course) Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 9:09

Petr Hlavac wrote:
I've tried to adjust wings, rollbars, diff settings, i went from extreme to extreme, and the result is always the same - rear overheats like hell, acceleration from 50mph is ridiculously difficult and rear tyre wear makes the car completely undrivable after a few dozen laps. Please, which way to go? What shoulod I do to make it feel right?

I have a couple of suggestions:

- Try lessening the negative camber on the rear wheels; this may help keep the rear end stable under acceleration from low speed. (Example: -1.0 instead of -1.5)

- Try taller 1st and 2nd gears; it may make the car a little slower in a qualy situation, but more drivable over a 52 lap race.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 11:44

Peter I have uploaded to the website a baseline setup for the Williams. I did 1.47.5 with it in some laps even if not knowing the track before, so you should be able to go down into 1.46 or better easily. Tweak the wings to your liking but beware that the front one will easily cause oversteer if you go too far. Better keep it in the same number as the rear or even less as you go down in wing angle. (F.e. 20º/20º is OK, but for a rear wing angle of 15º the front should be around 12º if you see what I mean). Once you are happy with the wings, use the front anti roll bar (And only that one) to control low speed oversteer. Stiffen it for more traction.

For the race fill it up, put hard tires and stiffent everything 2 or 3 clicks, as you prefer. Also add one more click to the wings. Ride height is OK both for race and qualy, don't touch it or the tires will heat a lot in the inner side.

Good luck :top:

http://historicsimracing.org/en/list_setup
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 12:45

Any tips for the Lotus?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 13:11

Floor it and hang on Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pascal Le pihive
Experienced Driver
Pascal Le pihive

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 14:27

Jaka Ursic do this round ?
With the lotus ? :clap:
official time on the server scratch
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 14:37

Pascal Le pihive wrote:
Jaka Ursic do this round ?
With the lotus ? :clap:

No.
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 17:29

J'ai un problème à l'arrivée sur le serveur, ce message apparait "ARROWSA.HDV" conflit config.

Je choisi pourtant la bonne voiture : Arrows # 36 (ARG).

Pas de problème off line le mode fonctionne normalement.

Si vous pouvez m'aider?

Merci Wink
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 17:46

Philippe Martinelli wrote:
J'ai un problème à l'arrivée sur le serveur, ce message apparait "ARROWSA.HDV" conflit config.

Si vous pouvez m'aider?

Merci Wink

Did you download the very latest version of the mod?  V2.0?
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 17:53

thanks Smile Where i can find the 2.0 version for F1 1978 mod?

Jason White wrote:
Jan Kowalski wrote:

All cars are reserved at the moment.  If a full-time driver announces they will be absent from this race, you can request their car.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 17:54

Jan Kowalski wrote:
thanks Smile Where i can find the 2.0 version for F1 1978 mod?

Jason White wrote:
Jan Kowalski wrote:

You can find the link in the Rules thread.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 17:59

Jason wrote:
Any tips for the Lotus
Mon règlage qualif pour la Lotus. :top:
http://historicsimracing.org/en/list_setup
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 18:49

Philippe Martinelli wrote:

Si vous pouvez m'aider?

Merci Wink
As-tu bien télécharger le lien dans le topic rules? Car tu as peut-être une version précédente.
Je viens d'aller sur le serveur avec la #36 de Rolf Stommelen (ARG), et je n'ai pas eu de soucis.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 18:49

Petr sounds a bit like me when it comes to setups Laughing Embarassed Rolling Eyes

I'll probably just go like Jean Alesi, "AU FOND" :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Roman Koranda
Club Driver
Roman Koranda

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 19:58

Hi.

I would like to, in the absence of any riders attend.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 20:07

Roman Koranda wrote:
Hi.

I would like to, in the absence of any riders attend.

Keep an eye out for anyone who announces their absence.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2016 - 23:32

:cowboy: :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next