Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)

Go down 
+34
Richard Wilks
Greg Hunt
Roman Koranda
Alberto Ibañez
Dylan Canton
Philippe Martinelli
Alessio Campigotto
Jan Kowalski
David Jaques
Simon Wattman
Mick Chapman
Jonatan Acerclinth
Jean-Marie Placais
Vincent Beretta
Jason Fitch
David Jundt
Jari Bruppacher
Petr Hlavac
Mike Becnel
Raymond Riddall
Steve Parker
Pascal Le pihive
Matthias Weber
Richard Coxon
Didier Conjeaud
Ben Paulet
Yves Plaçais
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Jacob Fredriksson
Raul Jereb
Jukka Närhi
Dana Schurer
Jason White
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 18:20

Raul Jereb wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:
Wow that is a good setup. I will try to translate to my Ferrari. I was faster in yours than mine!

Now everybody will be winners!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

You can bet everyone and their brother will be dissecting this setup  bounce study
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 18:31

Déçu de ma course Sad Après une super Pôle position. Very Happy
Je rate mon départ,la voiture patine,le moteur surchauffe,Richard évite le contact,8 ème position au premier virage,gros freinage avant la partie lente,la voiture dérive,Phillipe ne peut m'éviter,désolé .Le flan droit est dans le rouge,je perd un peut de vitesse de pointe.16 ème tour,je dépasse Greg,dans la grande courbe,a la limite.3ème position,début de la section lente,j'accélère un poil de trop,Greg me touche,aileron ar. envolé.Passage par le stand,j'annule"Réparation de la carosserie" :doh: je repart sans aileron ar,puis de nouveau dans cette maudite partie lente,je reste bloquer sur un vibreur.Terminer. :grrr:
Bravo Petr :first: ,et tous les pilotes qui ont passer le :flag:
Super la retransmission en direct. :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 18:34

Jason White wrote:
Race broadcast

I joined the broadcast last night after loosing connection, and I have to say one thing: Alberto, Ben and Richard, you are just great!!! I really was fixed to the broadcast and couldnt leave Smile

Great work! You make this allready excited championship more thrill!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 18:53

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Started from 28th i lost the Merzario in turn 1, spun and unfortunately hit one of the ATS. My left front suspension was broken and i had to go the pits.

Yeah, you made the same mistake as I did, I have seen you coming, but couldn't do anything. (had one of my best starts here at hso and threw it away in the first corner...)
After that little crash my car was even more tricky to drive and really unstable, but it was surprisingly fast.
Had almost no problems on overtaking, I think the other guys had way to much wings mounted. Only Yves had the same top speed, so this was a hard but always clean battle.

Later I had a crash with Steve, sorry for that, so it in the replay, that I was driving in the middle of the road with a strange line to defend myself. I think Steve braked a little to late too, but he had lost way more time, sorryfor that.

P8 with the ATS is more that I expected, especially with the full field and my massive hangover drunken

Cannot wait for the next race, hope I will get some backup from Jacob :hum:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 19:36

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Also, I watched the TV coverage. The only objection is perhaps too much jumping frpm car to car at the beginning, but otherwise it was fantastic! Huge thanks for speaking English, your commentary is enjoyable, knowledgable, you always picked the best action on track, simply a very, very good job! My family and a few of my fellow Simracer friends from CZ watched it too ;-)
Indeed the beginning of the stream was a few chaotic. affraid
Usualy, the director comments and leads the 2nd commentators, and it's logical.
But because of my debilitation  :hihi:  in english, I couldn't to comment with Alberto and Richard.
So it was the first time, we broadcast in that configuration : I directed, letting the comments at 2 outside commentators. So, in a first time, they commentated what they saw on youtube. But there's always a delay between rfactor and streaming. So we tried to modify that during warmup.
I became the follower, so I had to understand which cars they commented to display them on the screen as fast as I could.
For sure, even with that odd configuration, I took a great pleasure to work with that both guys. :chinois:
And to finish, I think the broadcast next sunday will be great, there will be a real director-commentator. :frank:

Still thx guys for your nice comments about broadcast in despite of that strange configuration. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 19:42

Yes next sunday hopefully the dream team Jason/Richard will be together again, so you will get rid of my horrible german accent while speaking english and my continuous pestering with technical stuff lol!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 19:52

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Yes next sunday hopefully the dream team Jason/Richard will be together again, so you will get rid of my horrible german accent while speaking english and my continuous pestering with technical stuff lol!
Would you like to test yourself in french for next F1? With german accent, it will remind some memories to olders french. lol!
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 19:53

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
continuous pestering with technical stuff lol!

Alberto, cut the c*?p, you were perfect team! In a moments I felt like watching SkySport F1 coverage..
Maybe you all need more jokes, and thats all.. it'll come with experience..
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 19:56

Ben Paulet wrote:

Would you like to test yourself in french for next F1? With german accent, it will remind some memories to olders french. lol!

I allways wondered have any French, English or German people wathc this tv series?

Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 20:05

I have the box set on DVD  :top:

British comedy at its finest  :D
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 20:09

I'm neither French, English nor German but I fucking love that show :D

"Captain Bertorelli, officers in the German army do not kiss the lady privates!"
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 20:42

I'm neither either but British Comedy has always been high-regarded in our house Smile

"What kind of way are you going to contact the British Command?" - One of the British Airmen

"They are using a bird, it's a long distance duck (change one letter for what he actually says)" - The Policeman infiltrator

"What are all these medals for, Captain Bertorelli?" - Colonel Von Strohm

"These are for my service in Africa, these I got for battle on Sicily" - Captain Bertorelli

"And what about those ones?" - Colonel Von Strohm

"These are for my work at Fiat" - Captain Bertorelli

'Allo 'Allo had many good sides, many good laughs Smile
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 21:08

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
my horrible german accent while speaking english and my continuous pestering with technical stuff lol!

A Spaniard speaking with horrible German accent while speaking English? Now that I'd love to hear.

Although I know a Spaniard that does speak German here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 21:09

Once I spoke to a man from UK, and he hadn't a clue what Im talking about.. so i thought maybe Allo Allo was only made for non UK countries :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 21:27

Quote :
A Spaniard speaking with horrible German accent while speaking English? Now that I'd love to hear.

Although I know a Spaniard that does speak German here.

I learned german from Kindergarten to Abitur, and only started with english in the 5th grade (With a german teacher, of course). It was to be expected that it couldn't end well in terms of pronunciation Laughing
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 21:33

I think if I miss a race or crash out spectacularly early, I should join TS :D

When I heard my own voice on a broadcast for the first time, I thought: "That's me?!? Oh god, so much (Swiss) German accent!" :hihi:

As long as you don't sound like a certain GTA radio DJ called Hans Oberlander, you're fine I guess Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 21:51

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

I learned german from Kindergarten to Abitur, and only started with english in the 5th grade (With a german teacher, of course). It was to be expected that it couldn't end well in terms of pronunciation Laughing

lol!

Same here :hello:
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2016 - 23:34

Watched the coverage, thx for your work. Still missing some murrayisms :D

Even in the stream my car seems really unstable, thought it was relatively normal :rigol:

I hope we can get a livestream next time again
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 4:02

Mike Becnel wrote:
Good driving David Jacques on lap 1. Glad we did not connect.

no worries, i was kinda swamped there on the long straight, and knew it was going to be tricky into that braking zone corner, just happy we did make it clean without contact Smile

i'd like to thank my teammate, richard for all the help getting me up to speed with the car, it certainly was a lot of work ;P i diverged from his advice and put on way too much aero. while this really helped me hold onto the car, it made me a snail on the straights ;P

Ray, great duel! we were locked together for most of the race, you were completely mistake free, great racing! i tried for like 20laps to setup a backstretch pass and when it finally happened i pulled out of the draft and lost all momentum. after that i realized the only chance was going to be a surprise, and i noticed you had a late shift up the front stretch before turn 1. i tried my best to setup a run and time my pulling out with when you had to shift to get as much of a run as possible. my hats off, you certainly drove superb, made the race very enjoyable! was a nice to see you made it into the points in the end, i was rooting for ya! (sry dave)

was quite the event, thanks everyone for an amazing race. really cool to be able to watch the broadcast afterwards, you guys do good work!

soooooo looking forward to the next one,
dave
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:58

David Sabre (Creator of the mod) and me agree that this cars have much potential to be unlocked with the setup, and that setting them up is not always so easy. Those who spend some time testing properly, will see a big reward -just look at how Peters car changed. Having a team mate will always help.

Here is a general set up procedure you can follow if you are not familiar with setting up a car:

Quote :
- For a race setup, test with hards and half tank of fuel, set fuel consumption off. (Half tank is the average of the conditions you will suffer in the race, from full to empty)

- Start with aero, and get it more or less to a good point of drag vs speed. Begin with higher wings than you think, and reduce them later. Make a basic configuration for starters, you will refine them later.

- Be careful with the front wing. Much oversteer is caused by excessive front wing and it is easy to blame other parts incorrectly.

- In case of doubt, go with grip instead of top speed. Over a long run it will be easier to drive and will keep your tires better than sliding them due to lack of grip.

- Adjust rear toe to zero. Set front toe to minimum.

- Raise the rear ride height. Will give you more suspension travel to soak bumps and keep the tires on the ground, increasing traction. Lower the front to minimum. You want a stiff, low front, and a rear that swings up and down to absorb bumps. More or less like one of those bycycles with rear suspension only.

- Put for starters the same spring stiffness front and rear, or a bit stiffer at the front (We want that low nose to be firmly placed there). Choose the minimal stiffness that makes your car not hit the ground hard with a full tank. (Some hitting is OK as long as you dont lose control)

- Balance oversteer/understeer with the anti roll bars. You will usually want 2x or 3x front stiffness vs. rear.

- Start with front dampers slow bump at 8 or so. Increase until your car has good braking and corner entry attitude at the fastest turn

- Adjust rear damper slow bump starting from 5 or so, till the rear sinks smoothly when accelerating from the slowest turn. Use the minimum possible.

- Adjust front slow rebound starting with 10 till the front doesn't rise too quickly when exiting the slowest turn.

- Adjust rear slow rebound starting with 10-12 till the rear stops swinging on the higest-speed change of direction and/or elevation.

Set the fast speed bumpers to half the numbers you put at the slow speed ones. If a track is too bumpy and the car wanders under braking, increase a bit the fast rebound.

- Now the tires: Start with zero camber rear and -1 degree front. Get first of all the pressures to produce a similar temperature all across the tire (More pressure will make the centre heat more, less pressure will make it colder). Once you have that, increase camber until you get a bit more heat in the inner side of the tires. Don't go too far. Even temperatures will control tire degradation better.

Once you are there, you can start lowering wings until the point where you feel the car is uncomfortable or too nervous.

Remember: Anything above 80-100 MPH needs to be solved first with wings.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 19:34

bilan de cette 1 ere course a froid : quel plaisir de retrouver le pilotage d une F1 des années 70 ( précision , exigence , difficulté , nervosité ) :slurp: :slurp:

superbe boulot sur la retransmission live , Well done guys :clap: :clap:
( ben sur le live lors de notre interview on t entend tres peu parfois voir pas du tout )

qualif : un incroyable 1.43.1 a seulement 84 milliemes de la pole  avec ma Shadow Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 1623587389 :yaa: :yaa:

course : comme je m y attendais , une bagarre tres intense lors des 10 premiers tours pour rester devant et dans le groupe de tete , avec beaucoup de dépassements et du vrai " close fight " en prime comme j aime . le reste:  du a une attaque de tous les instants et sans un seul petit moment de relache , je finis :second:  suite a quand meme l abandon de Gérard et l erreur de Richard .
pneus coté gauche a maximum 2 tours de la crevaison ...

bilan général : je pense qu apres cette 1 ere course on peut tous et en toute honnetete en tirer quelques conclusions :

Petr sur la Williams termine avec 80 s d'avance sur le 2 eme en seulement 40 tours  .... ( il s en excuse lui meme et précise qu il n a  meme pas attaquer... ) . il fait le meilleur tour en course 2 s plus rapide en moyenne que les 3 pilotes derriere ... alors soit il y a un probleme au niveau des physiques de la Williams ( pas d effet du poids du carburant ou pas d usure des pneus ou autres ???  scratch ) soit clairement Petr ne peut pas conserver la Williams pour ce championnat .
et ce n est pas du a un simple set up .   avec mes performances sur la Shadow personne ne peut dire que mon set up n est pas bon et malgré cela je termine 2 eme a 80 s de Petr .
S il avait attaqué je terminais a plus d un tour c est certain .

pas dupe non plus de la performance de Richard qui j en reste persuadé a rouler " en dedans " toute la course pour ne pas creuser un écart important avec moi et malheureusement suite a une petite erreur de sa part il a perdu la 2 eme place .

je ne parle meme pas pour moi , car j ai la shadow et je la garde , mais voir mes amis Vincent Beretta , Yves Placais , Steve Parker , finir une course a plus de 2 tours du leader et a un tour de moi ça me dérange .  voyez meme Yves ( pilote assidu et reconnu chez HSO ) a deja proposé de rendre sa monoplace car je le suppose il a ete completement désabusé d assister a cela et de savoir que des la 1 ere course il n aura " aucune " possibilité de faire ne serais ce qu un résultat correct cette saison , et moi je suis désolé mais ca me décoit énormément de voir cela  Sad  Sad

des groupe 1 et 2 ont eté attribués a des pilotes ( avec tout le respect que je leur dois )  qu on n a quasiment jamais vu chez HSO voir jamais , dont nous ne sommes pas du tout certain de leur présence sur toute la saison au détrimant de pilotes comme j ai cité au dessus , et ca je trouve ca dommage .

moi perso par principe les pilotes " nouveaux ou occasionnels " ( et c etait le cas avant )  je les auraient mis en groupe 3 avec moi , et qu ils y fassent leurs preuves , comme cela etait avant .

ecrit sur mon telephone donc excusez par avance toutes les fautes de frappe , merci Smile
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 19:52

Hi guys, great opening race and well done to the podium.

The Fittipaldi was my 1st choice in my group not the fastest but suited my driving style more.
David you were all over me in the slow sections and was expecting a late lunge up the inside,so kept it as neat as possible. Towards the end my tyres were giving up I was sliding a lot and you were to. I was not expecting the pass into T1 but you would have got me sooner or later. Your pressure and driving was intense I enjoyed it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:15

@Greg: I don't speak French and Google translator doesn't do a very good job here, but your point is clear. Honestly, i was a little surprised that i was given a group 2 car. Yes, I didn't finish many races in CART, but when i managed to keep it on the track i was always up front with these pretty much equal cars (and very nearly won Cleveland). I'm not sure I want to give up Williams after just one race, but if Brazil will be similar to Argentina, a switch to group 3 car is inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:18

Quote :
I'm not sure I want to give up Williams after just one race, but if Brazil will be similar to Argentina, a switch to group 3 car is inevitable.

Thanks for your sportive spirit Peter :chinois: 

Indeed the finishing ratio counted towards considering a driver for a car or another. We will see how things develop, there has only been one race and it is too soon.
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:25

Petr Hlavac wrote:
@Greg: I don't speak French and Google translator doesn't do a very good job here, but your point is clear. Honestly, i was a little surprised that i was given a group 2 car. Yes, I didn't finish many races in CART, but when i managed to keep it on the track i was always up front with these pretty much equal cars (and very nearly won Cleveland). I'm not sure I want to give up Williams after just one race, but if Brazil will be similar to Argentina, a switch to group 3 car is inevitable.

I appreciate your sportsmanship and honesty Petr :top: :top: , and some others should too have a same attitud .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)   Round 1 - Buenos Aires  (Jan 10th) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Buenos Aires (Jan 10th)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next