Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]

Go down 
+32
Gérard Ryon
Eric Campillo
Vincent Beretta
Jean-Marie Placais
Philippe Martinelli
Alberto Ibañez
finally gone :)
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
Samuli Leinonen
Greg Hunt
Kevin Vanco
Richard Coxon
Thomas Gatschnegg
Anders Nilsson
Ruben Freitas
Mario Gassner
Mike Becnel
Karel Marciniszyn
David Jundt
Abat Hernaez
Florkin Marc
Patrick Marucco
Cyril Derkir
Yves Plaçais
Tiago Malafaya
Ben Warren
Alessio Campigotto
Teemu Toikka
Martin Audran
Frank Labédan
Guillaume Siebert
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:02

Patrick Marucco wrote:

vers le 60eme tour David m'est sorti des stands dans l'ombre sous le nez et je n'ai pu l'eviter

That's why we were told to stay left at the pit exit.

I was already staying as close to the right as possible Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:07

What's the best way to save the engine? I was shifting at around 12,500 RPM while lifting off and blipping throttle at downshifts, my engine had 13,000RPM max and radiator at size 10. The first 30 laps I was running fuel mixture 3, but I realised that I would still have a huge amount of fuel left if I stayed at 3, so I moved to mix 7 for 7 laps, then moving to 10-could this cause engine failure?
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:19

Patrick Marucco wrote:

A ce moment là il n'y avait plus que 12 volitures en piste et je pense qu'il pouvait attendre mon passage plutot que de risquer un accrochage, dommage :smil20:
Il est impossible de savoir si une voiture arrive quand on sort des stands, on avait dit qu'il fallait rester à gauche de la piste pour éviter les problèmes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 2:19

9th place and a bag full of broken parts. That about explains it all. I guess survival is the only thing I can celebrate. At the start of lap 7 I managed to miss 2nd gear and found neutral (you do have to lightly blip the Ferrari on hammer downshifts) and coasted into the turn 1 wall. That was the 1st of 4 wings (maybe 5? Lost count). Thankfully Karel donated to the needy.

Somewhere around lap 37 I over accelerated and dinged the LF suspension causing a slight pull to the left. Solution? 15 laps later I hit the RF suspension causing a pull to the right. The car would jerk left and right and cancel out the problem...usually. with 10 to go I think 0ne of the two let go and I hammered the tunnel straight. My last 10 laps were scary as Hell.

Glad I finished and DAMN glad Monaco is over. On to Canada!

Thanks to Ben for good passing when I had to let him go due to blue flags and also for not fighting too much when I caught you. Why did you keep slowing down anyway?
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 8:27

Mike Becnel wrote:
9th place and a bag full of broken parts. That about explains it all. I guess survival is the only thing I can celebrate. At the start of lap 7 I managed to miss 2nd gear and found neutral (you do have to lightly blip the Ferrari on hammer downshifts) and coasted into the turn 1 wall. That was the 1st of 4 wings (maybe 5? Lost count). Thankfully Karel donated to the needy.

Somewhere around lap 37 I over accelerated and dinged the LF suspension causing a slight pull to the left. Solution? 15 laps later I hit the RF suspension causing a pull to the right. The car would jerk left and right and cancel out the problem...usually. with 10 to go I think 0ne of the two let go and I hammered the tunnel straight. My last 10 laps were scary as Hell.

Glad I finished and DAMN glad Monaco is over. On to Canada!

Thanks to Ben for good passing when I had to let him go due to blue flags and also for not fighting too much when I caught you. Why did you keep slowing down anyway?

After I lost my Front Wing on Lap 50something my car was crabbing to the right slightly for the rest of the race even after the FW repair, so my pace was slightly down on what I should have been doing. I just wanted to finish though, and I'd have never forgiven myself if I crashed out for good and then someone ahead of me retired, so missing out on 6th. My FW loss cost me 6th to Philippe anyway. Sorry if I was getting in the way at all! Was going as fast as I could while hoping someone in front would have some misfortune. :urgence: (Meant in the nicest way possible Laughing )
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 9:28

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
What's the best way to save the engine? I was shifting at around 12,500 RPM while lifting off and blipping throttle at downshifts, my engine had 13,000RPM max and radiator at size 10. The first 30 laps I was running fuel mixture 3, but I realised that I would still have a huge amount of fuel left if I stayed at 3, so I moved to mix 7 for 7 laps, then moving to 10-could this cause engine failure?

Engine failures can be achieved by over revving, running the engine too hot or then there is also the "random failure" faction. All the engines have average Life Time setted in the files, and this is really an average, it will give you different engine every time you press "race" button. Dallara engine has average life time of 120 minutes and lifetime random variance of 26 minutes. Meaning in worst case scenario your engine runs for 94 minutes and the dies.

Every time you go over the Safe Revs setted to the engine, it will take damage. Your engine's safe rpm is 13058 so if you had rev limiter set to 13k then that shouldn't be the case, you can still over rev though when downshifting...

Then we need to look at the water and oil temperatures what you were running. Dallara engine has value of 118 celcius for oil temperature, go over that and engine begins to take damage.

Boost is not making that much of a difference to damage in this mod, but it affects how hot your engine runs. If you can eliminate both REVS and TEMPERATURES then we must look and say your engine failure was just random mechanical failure setted by the game.

Last edited by Samuli Leinonen on Mon 4 Mar 2013 - 9:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 9:39

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Patrick Marucco wrote:

A ce moment là il n'y avait plus que 12 volitures en piste et je pense qu'il pouvait attendre mon passage plutot que de risquer un accrochage, dommage :smil20:
Il est impossible de savoir si une voiture arrive quand on sort des stands, on avait dit qu'il fallait rester à gauche de la piste pour éviter les problèmes.

Non Gui il est tres possible de savoir si une voiture arrive, il suffit de regarder la barre de positions des voitures sur le circuit (en bas de l'ecran)
Perso c'est ce que je fais à chaque fois que je dois revenir en piste et celà evite de jouer à la roulette russe avec sa voiture et avec celle des autres pilotes, surtout quand il n'y a plus que 12 voitures en piste Crying or Very sad

Fin de la polemique
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 9:52

Pat pas grand monde roule avec la barre de position je pense en tout cas moi jamais ... comme je ne roule jamais avec les retros virtuels d ailleurs .
le seul moyen de savoir si quelqu un arrive c est le feux a la sortie des stands qui clignote ( mais est il 100 pour cent fiable .. j en sais rien ) et le bruit moteur , maintenant il avait ete demandé expressement lors du briefing d avant course aux pilotes de rester sur le bord gauche de la piste dans la ligne droite :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 13:34

Bonne course pour moi, une seule grosse faute, je loupe mon freinage à St Devote et stoppe la voiture à 5cm du rail en face, ça calme. What a Face Après les 20 premiers tours à boost 7, je passe au 10 et rattrape Greg, que je passe juste avant la mi course, puis hérite de la victoire lorsque le Cosworth expérimental de 1500 chevaux de Martin explose. :jp:

Aucun problème avec les retardataires, bravo Greg et Samuli pour le podium, bravo les finisseurs :top:

=============
Good race for me, only one big mistake when I outbraked myself at St Devote, stopping the car 5cm before the rail, a good warning What a Face After the first 20 laps with boost 7 I switched to 10 and caught Greg, and overtook him just before mid race, then Martin handed me the win when his experimental 1500hp Cosworth exploded :jp:

No problem with the lappers, congrats Greg and Samuli for the podium, congrats all finishers :top:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 13:53

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
... Martin handed me the win when his experimental 1500hp Cosworth exploded :jp:

I saw it in the replay; experimental engines are very sensitive when accelerating from 3rd to........1ST :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 14:02

I saw that in the replay too, but I swear I didn't downshift like that :aie: That's weird :spy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 14:04

I'd like to just make a comment to say thank you to everyone for the fair racing, and fairness when getting lapped. I encountered no problems with anyone. I had the best of everything, racing for position, lapping cars and being lapped myself. All excellent. :drink:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 14:35

Martin Audran wrote:
I saw that in the replay too, but I swear I didn't downshift like that :aie: That's weird :spy:

That's really weird; I was based mainly on the fact that the car had a sudden spin with a quick overreving scratch
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 14:57

Je grille Martin au départ , je prends la tete pendant 7 tours , bagarre sympa , je rate mon freinage a la chicane , je monte trop sur le vibreur et sur la reaccel Martin me passe , et la 2 eme pendant 25 tours environ avec Gui a mes trousses , puis comme a mon habitude train de pneus morts fait que 4 tours plus tard sur une equerre de malade affraid a la sortie du dernier virage Gui passe . a partir de la faut tenir jusqu a l arrivée et je fins 2 eme :second:

les mauvais points : j ai de nouveau eu mes lags en course Crying or Very sad surtout a la chicane ( je vais reinstaller le mod )

:a la sortie du tunnel vers le 15 eme tour je me suis mangé un pneu qui trainait en pleine
trajectoire ( aileon AV et suspension AVD jaune ) Neutral

mais mon plus gros points noir c est l usure des pneumatiques que je ruine en une
une vingtaine de tours seulement alors que cette usure semble n atteindre aucun autre
concurrent Sad

bravo a Martin et son tres gros rythme
bravo a Gui pour sa belle victoire
et bien jouer a tous les survivants

tres bonne attitude de tous les lappés ( @ pat , j ai eu l impression de te croiser tout le temps hier soir )

@ Gui étant donné que mon probleme de lag n arrive que lorsque tu lances le serveur course , y a t il une difference entre le serveur training , le serveur qualif et le serveur course ? car en trainings et en qualifs je n ai strictement aucun lags .
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 15:18

Greg Goissen wrote:
@ Gui étant donné que mon probleme de lag n arrive que lorsque tu lances le serveur course , y a t il une difference entre le serveur training , le serveur qualif et le serveur course ? car en trainings et en qualifs je n ai strictement aucun lags.

La différence c'est qu'il y a 26 voitures sur le serveur (qui est le même pour toutes les sessions). Quand j'avais ce soucis avec le mod 79, c'était pareil, fluide en qualifs, horrible en course avec tout le monde. :doh:

Sinon mes Pirelli s'usaient assez vite aussi hier, j'étais bien dans le jaune au moment de faire mon premier stop.
Back to top Go down
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 15:56

On side note, David when you parked your car (i don't know where) it caused yellow flags in harbour area for the rest of the race, not cool. ;(
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 17:14

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Sinon mes Pirelli s'usaient assez vite aussi hier, j'étais bien dans le jaune au moment de faire mon premier stop.

moi il me restait un carré rouge a l avant au 38 eme tour pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 17:20

J’entamais tout juste le jaune à la mi course avec mes super softs Cool

Je crois qu'ils ont jamais dépassé les 80°C, du coup je glissais gentiment par moment scratch
Back to top Go down
Philippe Martinelli
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2013 - 19:03

Des occasions de finir une course dans les 6 premiers sur ce championnat, je pense que je n'en n'aurais pas souvent ou peut-être plus jamais... Donc je suis super content vous pouvez me croire Very Happy
Un point qui me fait très plaisir.

Course intense, difficile et passionante. Des bagarres à plusieurs reprises avec Mike en début de course, puis avec Teemu et David avant le changement de pneus (au 39ème pour moi) puis de nouveau avec David vers les 50ème tours où là je n'ai rien lâché pour conserver ma place.
Lutte à distence avec Ben W., parfois il était devant-moi ou moi devant lui mais çà se jouait à coup de secondes de prises ou de perdues... Merci à tous pour ces superbes moments... :top:

Seule petite ombre au tableau, au 41ème tour je n'ai pas eu de drapeau bleu et j'ai gêné Martin que je n'avais pas identifié...
Désolé Martin, je pensais que la voiture que je venais de dépasser à sa sortie des stands était en bagarre avec moi et j'ai résisté... D'ailleurs j'avais les pneus pas encore bien chauds et c'est pour çà que j'ai glissé à la sortie de la "rasquasse" et perdu mon avant... J'aurais dû regarder le bas de mon écran avec les positions de classement des voitures, j'aurais vu que c'était toi...
Mais sur ce circuit je n'arrive pas à voir tout ce qu'il faudrait voir tellement il faut être à font sur la concentration de ce qui arrive devant la voiture... J'espère que tu ne m'en veux pas trop... Embarassed
Pourquoi le drapeau bleu n'est pas apparu? C'est bizarre quand-même... et je n'ai pas eu de rappel à l'ordre comme quand on ne laisse pas passer assez vite...

Cela me chagrine d'autant plus que tu m'as beaucoup aidé avec le setup que tu as donné samedi soir pendant la qualif... J'ai pu dégonffler les pneus et avoir un meilleur gripp sur mon set course (pour le set qualif je n'ai malheureusement pas eu le temps de faire les modifs). Cela a changé beaucoup le comportement de ma voiture me faisant gagner quelques degrêts de plus sur chaque pneus (très très utiles, donc merci à toi Martin Wink ).

Bravo Gui et le podium et tous les finisseurs :top:
Merci HSO pour l'organisation :top:

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Mar 2013 - 2:33

Ben Warren wrote:
Was going as fast as I could while hoping someone in front would have some misfortune. :urgence: (Meant in the nicest way possible Laughing )

I assure you I was having the same thoughts! You were not quite as compliant as David was. He REALLY listened.

Samuli Leinonen wrote:
On side note, David when you parked your car (i don't know where) it caused yellow flags in harbour area for the rest of the race, not cool. ;(

I was wondering what caused that!
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Mar 2013 - 10:59

Pas de soucis Philou Wink
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar 2013 - 20:18

Mike Becnel wrote:
Ben Warren wrote:
Was going as fast as I could while hoping someone in front would have some misfortune. :urgence: (Meant in the nicest way possible Laughing )

I assure you I was having the same thoughts! You were not quite as compliant as David was. He REALLY listened.

Samuli Leinonen wrote:

I was wondering what caused that!

You guys ca thank Mr Marucco if you want. Sorry about not pressing esc, but I felt pretty damn frustrated.

Dunno how Patrick wants tell me to be careful and watch out, he did the same to me many laps earlier, where I nearly ran into the back of his car. And he was closer to the left side of the track than me later on...

Oh well, as if anyone cared.

Next race!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11