Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]

Go down 
+32
Gérard Ryon
Eric Campillo
Vincent Beretta
Jean-Marie Placais
Philippe Martinelli
Alberto Ibañez
finally gone :)
Carl Larrad
Frank Verplanken
Samuli Leinonen
Greg Hunt
Kevin Vanco
Richard Coxon
Thomas Gatschnegg
Anders Nilsson
Ruben Freitas
Mario Gassner
Mike Becnel
Karel Marciniszyn
David Jundt
Abat Hernaez
Florkin Marc
Patrick Marucco
Cyril Derkir
Yves Plaçais
Tiago Malafaya
Ben Warren
Alessio Campigotto
Teemu Toikka
Martin Audran
Frank Labédan
Guillaume Siebert
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jean-Marie Placais
Club Driver
Jean-Marie Placais

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 21:33

Bon ce fut rapide.....

A tour et demi, et a la chicane du port, les vibreurs anti cut m'envoient contre le rail, pas fort mais je décolle et perd ma roue AVG....

:doh:
Back to top Go down
Ron Squire
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 21:41

Hi everyone i am recently new here and some guys here know me from FSR and GPVWC and i just want to know where do i go to for a seat in this championship as i want to drive for Tyrrell :smil20:

and if you can do you mind if a start tonight (might be a bit late) or the next time you race :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 21:56

This was an eventful race for me. First i get a false start, thinking race started after the red light turned off. Noope, there was a green light afterwards :doh:

I emerge from first lap unscathed, enter pits, get in my pitstall and i discover that doesn´t count for a drive throught. It´s either service or drive throught in the pits you asshole! :doh: :doh:

I managed to brake too late twice in turn 1, losing the nosewing both times, plus making extra diverse damage to the car (fortunately it kept drivable).

And just when i was chugging behind Patrick Marucco, happy to just keep behind him while turning laps, my engine says enough and i get a nice barbeque in the Sainte Devote ascension.

27 laps overall, better than last time. I hope i wasn´t a too big nuisance for other cars. But i have to think about my engine incident and change my approach to shifting, i think i´m being too aggresive (and definitely i had my rev limit lowered).
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 21:57

Such a shame... Sad

Caught Tiago on the rear ever so slightly and it bent my front suspension and lost front wing, So had to pit for repairs and carried on, Car was quite bad through left handers but managed to cope, But to my suprise i was able to lap easily in the 1:27's - 1:28's and could keep pace with Greg when he lapped me!

Now you may be thinking, "Well your car couldnt have been that bad" But if you look on the replay you can see my front right is bent outwards (More than i have ever seen on this mod!)

Anyway few laps later clipped the swimming pool and damaged the suspension more, But then a few laps later had a spin at Antony Noghes (If that's how you spell it!) And it ruined the back end, pitted for repairs but no joy, Was still badly damaged.

Never mind! Sorry to Tiago if i damaged your car, Guess it was Karma for my slow getaway from the Paul Ricard test race where you hit me!

And sorry to all the people i help up on the 1st lap while i was trying to get back to the pits (Big sorry to a Jordan, Not sure who it was but i nearly squeezed you into the wall at Lowes Hairpin purley because the car couldn't turn much!)

Thanks for hosting HSO!

See you all in Canada!
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:08

Richard Coxon wrote:

And sorry to all the people i help up on the 1st lap while i was trying to get back to the pits (Big sorry to a Jordan, Not sure who it was but i nearly squeezed you into the wall at Lowes Hairpin purley because the car couldn't turn much!)

No problem, Richard !

I saw that you had a big problem :D
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:10

Engine...
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:11

Went since lap 1 with a completely torn up car (Sorry Richard, I had to lift a bit because my car was sliding) just to get disconnected at lap 41 or 42...... Pretty frustrating... the most frustrating of them all...

EDIT:By this time was already 8th and and with a destroyed left wrist (the car was pulling to the right)

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Sun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:11

Martin Audran wrote:
Engine...

Sorry mate, You were dominating!
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:14

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
Went since lap 1 with a completely torn up car (Sorry Richard, I had to lift a bit because my car was sliding)

No Problem mate, It's called Monaco curse, and you cant escape it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:15

Gérard Ryon wrote:
C'était moi Karel,je sortais des stands et avec les ombres,puis la fumée je ne t'est pas vu. :smil20: .

I am sorry about that...this was horrible evening..SORRY
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:17

En progrès..... : :hihi:

Un départ, lent mais correct, je touche pas trop fort la barrière dans la montée,mais la suspension est abîmé, cela entraine une autre touchette un peu plus tard (je dois regarder le replay), et là elle est vraiment abîmée, retour aux stands, réparation, mais pas satisfaisant, je ne veux pas être une chicane mobile à Monaco, d'où Esc.... et c'est déja fini: un tour !!

Vivement le Canada

Déçu :doh:

Marcus : :cowboy2:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:24

That was eventful. Ended in an engine failure in 7th...
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 22:27

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Maybe my last chance for a win this season, not much track for Larrousse left Sad

Thanks all lappers, it was really perfect for me :top:

@Philou: tu n'avais pas de drapeau bleu?
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:10

Ran 7th when I went over the kerbs at the harbour, lost my front wing and damaged the steering.

Kept going though as I knew that Monaco is tough, managed to catch Martinelli, but lost another FW and had to pit.

I came out of the pits and drove on the right when Marucco smashed into my back.

C'mon, Gui told us to stay left, because the pit exit is very dangerous. You nearly drove into my way when you exited the pits too! Sad

Could have been a battle for 5th place without the errors, but it wasn't to be.

@Gui: You sure you graded yourself right with the Brabham? Nobody stands a chance, you nearly lapped the whole field Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:14

Race was going so well, running in 7th place, then lost FW on lap 50-something. Car was crabbing a little after that, but pace was still ok. Turns out without the mistake it would have been a point for Fondmetal. Sad

Congrats to all finishers! Tough race, but great fun keeping faster cars behind me. Let most of them through in the end, I find it only slows me down looking in the mirrors every 5 seconds.

Drove faultlessly pretty much for 3/4 of the race. Will be unlikely I'll get a chance to get a point this season again, so I'm bitterly disappointed, even though 7th in reality was beyond my wildest dreams tonight. Really really gutted.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:15

Départ très prudent, je me contente de suivre tranquillement Richard sur la voie de droite jusqu'à la sortie de Ste Dévôte, où je vois que Richard a perdu son aileron av.
Dans la descente du Loews, Richard se met à gauche, je peux le passer à l'extérieur gentiment, mais sa caisse, dépourvue d'appui avant, a du mal à tourner et m'emmène gentiment vers l'extérieur, le tout à 30 à l'heure ! NP, Richard ! Smile

Pas de bobo, mais Teemu qui me suivait en profite pour nous passer à l'intérieur. Je passe Richard à l'entrée du tunnel et prend le rythme de Teemu pour une course d'attente... qui n'aura pas lieu puisque 4-5 tours plus tard, j'accélère sans doute trop fort à la sortie de la piscine, le temps de reprendre le contrôle, mon freinage pour la Rascasse est trop tardif et finit ma course, suspension pliée dans les pneus. Dommage, ça s'annonçait intéressant !

Comme d'hab', vivement la prochaine !
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:15

Results and standings are up on the website :flag:
Back to top Go down
finally gone :)
Racing Legend

Number of posts : 3192

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:17

I lost the chance for a better result in turn 1 : I saw Alberto in the tires and partly blocking the road, and with a car on my right, I felt things could end up badly. So I went to visit Sainte Devote and restarted dead last.
Even if generally guys let me by (thanks for that :top: ), I lost time behind other guys who were clearly slower, including the 3rd position car a lap ahead, finished to end my hopes of a better result :smil20:

Congrats up front :jp:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:26

David Jundt wrote:
@Gui: You sure you graded yourself right with the Brabham? Nobody stands a chance, you nearly lapped the whole field Shocked
Yeah and still I was 40s behind Martin when his engine blew up at half race.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:31

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
David Jundt wrote:
Yeah and still I was 40s behind Martin when his engine blew up at half race.

Okay, who can I address as "French Schumacher" now?

Guess this was the perfect place for Martin and his Larrousse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:33

Had very good start and jumped from 9th to 6th. Then Campigotto made a "Trulli Train" and we were stuck in that with Nilsson infront of me and Freitas behind. My pace would have been almost 3 seconds faster at that point so it was frustrating, I was just staying close and looking for gaps. Some 15 laps later Nilsson got bad exit from T1 and I was able to overtake him in the uphill sector, and then got Alessio right after that in the chicane braking after the tunnel. :hello:

Later in the race Nilsson was again catching me and I was just hanging on to the 3rd place as much as I could. I was on Super Softs and damn I was going to finish without stopping if that was the case, but then Anders Finally pitted and I was able to do so one lap later. :spy:

Apart from one spin in T1 this was perfect race for me. Also huge thanks to backmarkers, bravo. :champ:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:41

Samuli Leinonen wrote:
Had very good start and jumped from 9th to 6th. Then Campigotto made a "Trulli Train" and we were stuck in that with Nilsson infront of me and Freitas behind. My pace would have been almost 3 seconds faster at that point so it was frustrating, I was just staying close and looking for gaps. Some 15 laps later Nilsson got bad exit from T1 and I was able to overtake him in the uphill sector, and then got Alessio right after that in the chicane braking after the tunnel. :hello:

I learnt from karting to never let anyone past me, even when they are faster. It ruins your concentration.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:47

Que c'est dur Monaco !
Apres un départ tres prudent, les 30 premiers tours furent passionnants car j'étais toujours au contact dans un petit groupe
Puis j'ai fait un t.a.q à l'entrée de la ligne droite et j'ai abimé ma belle Williams :aie:
Apres avoir laisser passer tout le monde j'ai reussi à regagner mon stand pour réparation
La Williams etait encore tres "conduisible" à condition de rester prudent et du coup je visai le top 10 quand vers le 60eme tour David m'est sorti des stands dans l'ombre sous le nez et je n'ai pu l'eviter
A ce moment là il n'y avait plus que 12 volitures en piste et je pense qu'il pouvait attendre mon passage plutot que de risquer un accrochage, dommage :smil20:

Bravo aux finisseurs et merci à HSO pour nous permettre de vivre de grandes soirée comme celle là :top:
Back to top Go down
Ben Warren
Club Driver
Ben Warren

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:47

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
Samuli Leinonen wrote:

I learnt from karting to never let anyone past me, even when they are faster. It ruins your concentration.

I personally found the complete opposite tonight. Soon as I let a couple of faster cars go behind me, one or two who were fishtailing under braking which made me feel uneasy, I found my pace return to what it should be. Instead of looking in my mirrors every 5 seconds. But I didn't let them all through straightaway. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitter.com/WarroF1
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar 2013 - 23:54

Ohh man i´m gutted it must be Monaco curse for me i ddidn´t see the checkerd flag this time either Sad . Was a good race tho, but i got abit frustraded behind Alessio i couldnt get by. I felt faster but he drove well and didnt make any mistake. Samuli and Ruben was really nocking on me door and finally as Samuli said. I made a move on Alessio and got a really bad exit up hill. Samuli just sailed by pale . Manage to hold Rubens behind me and started to chase Alessio again this time he did a mistake and i went by. Was closing on Samuli at the end of the race,almost caught up with him when i misjudged Martinelli and tapped his rear lost frontwing Sad . after that i only have my self to blame for not finnishing this race . Drove as a nutter to catch up ending up in the wall again ...race over :aie: O well i did have a good time tonight see u all next time cheers . Grats to podium + all finneshers :champ:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]   Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 - Grand Prix de Monaco [March 3th]
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next