Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trans-Am 1969

Go down 
+2
Frank Verplanken
Milt Minter Jr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 1:12

My Dad co-drove with Jerry Titus in the #13 Pontiac...Jerry was killed in the car the following year at this track..Road America..Only time I can remember my Dad crying about racing..Jerry was a race Car driver..Primus...

:flag: Twisted Evil :flag:
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 1:23

LOL!..Lloyd Ruby drove the #2 Mustang in this race,I believe...My dad introduced him ,"he won the Indy 500"..Well,he didn't because he pitted in the wrong pits on his last stop because of a fuel rig problem-ie his teamates stall...That is illegal and he was Black Flagged..He said ,"Glad to meet you "to me..A 6'5" old Texan..He turned to my dad and said,"Fuck you Milton!"My Dad started laughing...I told my dad,"your a dick!"..He kept laughing..True story...To get that close..That's racin'! :flag: Shocked Laughing Shocked :flag:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 1:27

Yeah Jerry Titus was great ! One of Shelby's top men untill he decided to switch for the Terry Goodsall team which offered him a dual TransAm / CanAm schedule. Unfortunately the CanAm McLaren was a dog and rarely appeared at a race, let alone finish one... and he was killed in the TransAm car Sad .

Lloyd Ruby one of my all time favs ! Rube passed away last year I reckon Sad . I love that kinda careers, the eternal underdog Cool !
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 1:37

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Yeah Jerry Titus was great ! One of Shelby's top men untill he decided to switch for the Terry Goodsall team which offered him a dual TransAm / CanAm schedule. Unfortunately the CanAm McLaren was a dog and rarely appeared at and even less finished a race... and he was killed in the TransAm Sad .

Lloyd Ruby one of my all time favs ! Rube passed away last year I reckon Sad . I love that kinda careers, the eternal underdog Cool !
I was there,in 1970..My Dad used to tell the story..He said I was on the bridge when he hit it...He had false teeth(Titus)and they were not allowed..But he wore them anyway...A courseworker pulled them out of his throat,but he succumbed to chest injuries from the steering wheel..I was about 8yrs old so I don't remember being on the bridge..They finally removed that F-ing bridge.. :flag: :papy: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:42

Great pictures, sexy powerslides all over the place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:49

Guillaume Siebert wrote:
Great pictures, sexy powerslides all over the place Very Happy
yep!good thing the girls got rid of them girdles-lol! :flag: :jp: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:51

Milt Minter Jr wrote:
I was there,in 1970..My Dad used to tell the story..He said I was on the bridge when he hit it...He had false teeth(Titus)and they were not allowed..But he wore them anyway...A courseworker pulled them out of his throat,but he succumbed to chest injuries from the steering wheel..I was about 8yrs old so I don't remember being on the bridge..They finally removed that F-ing bridge.. :flag: :papy: :flag:

A great shame Sad . And TransAm was so much more safer than most of the other racing at the time, especially CanAm.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:56

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Milt Minter Jr wrote:

A great shame Sad . And TransAm was so much more safer than most of the other racing at the time, especially CanAm.
Yep..He drove it into the bridge after canada corner..I can remember the black marks...straight into the bridge..no shit.. :flag: Crying or Very sad :flag:
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 8:44

Man your stories are great to hear and what a great video
this video reminded me of my grandad as he used to say to me

"If those skirts get any shorter
the girls will begin to blush
there will be 2 more cheeks to buff
and twice as much hair to brush "..........
What can i say my grandad used to be a laugh a minute lol!

THX for sharing :top:
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 11:43

Carl Larrad wrote:
Man your stories are great to hear and what a great video
this video reminded me of my grandad as he used to say to me

"If those skirts get any shorter
the girls will begin to blush
there will be 2 more cheeks to buff
and twice as much hair to brush "..........
What can i say my grandad used to be a laugh a minute lol!

THX for sharing :top:

:rigol:
Back to top Go down
Paul Nadeau
Experienced Driver
Paul Nadeau

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 20:03

Thanks for the memories Milt. Living just a hop skip and a jump from Riverside I never missed a chance to go to the races. I remember the '69 race well as Donohue lapped everbody but Bucknam. He passed Titus then set sail for Bucknam only to catch him then follow him around so it looked better on paper at the end. Those guys drove the crap out of those cars. The video shows just how sideways they were at every track. When Parnelli was on it you had to watch for dirt clods being thrown up as he was always hanging a wheel or two into the dirt. Back then you'd see your favorite driver 3 or 4 times a year as they drove everything! It was great.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Milt Minter Jr
Experienced Driver
Milt Minter Jr

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 22:06

Paul Nadeau wrote:
Thanks for the memories Milt. Living just a hop skip and a jump from Riverside I never missed a chance to go to the races. I remember the '69 race well as Donohue lapped everbody but Bucknam. He passed Titus then set sail for Bucknam only to catch him then follow him around so it looked better on paper at the end. Those guys drove the crap out of those cars. The video shows just how sideways they were at every track. When Parnelli was on it you had to watch for dirt clods being thrown up as he was always hanging a wheel or two into the dirt. Back then you'd see your favorite driver 3 or 4 times a year as they drove everything! It was great.

Paul
Very Cool Paul!Ya,Riverside was the shit back then!Got a ride in the 906 Roadster Vasek and Alwin Springer built when I was too young to enjoy it.. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trans-Am 1969 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Am 1969   Trans-Am 1969 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans-Am 1969
Page 1 of 1