Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]

Go down 
+25
Mick Chapman
Tomáš Matoušek
Vaclav Burda
Bruno Chacon
Frank Verplanken
Greg Hunt
Honza Mild
Michal Janak
Andre Cunha
Adam Hackman
Florkin Marc
Antonio Atzeni
Steve Parker
Paulo Rodrigues
Vadim Taciak
Dan Faas
Petr Hlavac
Gérard Ryon
Paul Velasco
Claudio Navonne
Karel Marciniszyn
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Vladislav Zenkov
Mario Gassner
Mike Becnel
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gio Nuvoli
Rookie
Gio Nuvoli

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2020-01-26

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:46

Sorry Zenkov, i was a little bit confused about the respect of the blue flags here because at lap 19 (mine Position 1818) Bruno (P16) didnt give me room (P10). He re-entered by a wide after you passed him ignoring me and standing in the middle of the track at 107 kph.
I hitted a little him and spun in the sand losing some time.
The point is not (obviously) losing time with the Ensign, I'm used to it, but why he didnt let me pass.
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:50

Gio Nuvoli wrote:
Sorry Zenkov

:top:
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 8:21

Started on hards - the right decision for me.
A modest start, then at the end of the straight early on went into a wall of spray and next - big, bang and found myself facing the wrong way. I thought car was definitely broken. It wasn't - rejoined last I think.
With the hards I found myself much faster, made my way up to fourth, but brakes (brain too) faded and clipped the barrier - I was 1-2 seconds slower than my normal race pace. Should have pitted for fresh rubber.
Last in the race, my car 2 seconds off the pace, Petr caught me at the same time we were lapping another McLaren, the net code went wild and I suddenly I had no front wing with five to go. Losing 5-6 seconds per lap
Was ambushed by two Brabhams on the last lap but emerged to finish sixth. First point in HSO on my home track. I'll take it!
Congrats to Vlad my teammate excellent race, and call to not use wets was top. Grats to the other podium winners Adam and Michal! Also Greg in the Wolf! And Petr, I enjoyed the battle on the time screens!
:conduit:

Last edited by Paul Velasco on Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 11:56; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 8:32

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Not very happy with what I saw on track to say the least. I have been on the receiving end of similar stuff as Gabriele. Some adjustments are needed it seems Rolling Eyes

The important thing is not to make insinuations.
I am a new driver, I try my best to be a gentlemen driver and last thing I want is to spoil another driver's race. But I know I make many mistakes. So if I am one of those out of line, then I need to be told so we can learn.
And I think this applies to all the new guys and even the oldies.
So rather than imply wrongdoing, rather name the people who have transgressed and let us know. Otherwise, I drive around feeling guilty and that's no fun.
Agree with your statement: Some adjustments are needed it seems. Start by telling us what we are doing wrong if we are not driving to HSO standard.
study
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 9:50

This could easily be the race of the season for me...finaly fine track, finaly some practise.

From the quali it was clear that this will be huge fun at least due to weather. Then I find myself on grid looking around with guys on slicks but also on wets. I was with Honza and Vaclav on discord, so we update each other during first laps so we were lucky to avoid all the issues. Than driving lap by lap always with someone around, few overtakes, simply great fun. Nearly the half of the race I was behind my teamate and slightly faster, so he let me go and after few turns I miss completely the breaking point, I am traing to avoid the catastrophic crash and the game throw error and crash...later on I find out that it was probably due to update of Steam VR :-(

I was hugely dissapointed as this time I feel I can see the finish flag, but unfortunately again not. I have to adjust my attitude to training and start again from the very beggining like in 18 years ago when I started with simracing. Start with basics, stay on track tents of laps and slowly looking for options to be faster, corner by corner...and everything with full tank...

So, good bye Kyalami and welcome Detroit.

BTW. Thanks Frank and HSO team to make this wonderful experience with rF2 happend.
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 10:12

Paul Velasco wrote:

Congrats to Vlad my teammate excellent race, and call to not use wets was top. Grats to the other podium winners Adam and Michal! Also Greg in the Williams. And Petr, I enjoyed the battle on the time screens!

...... :hihi: :hihi: I would love to drive a Williams and for sure the result will be a lot different... :jp: but I m on a poor Wolf geek What a Face Wink

Last edited by Greg Hunt on Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 17:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 11:26

Greg Hunt wrote:
Paul Velasco wrote:

Congrats to Vlad my teammate excellent race, and call to not use wets was top. Grats to the other podium winners Adam and Michal! Also Greg in the Shadow. And Petr, I enjoyed the battle on the time screens!

I meant Wolf - thats impressive!
...... :hihi: :hihi: I would love to drive a Williams and for sure the result will be a lot different... :jp: but I m on a poor Shadow geek What a Face Wink

Last edited by Paul Velasco on Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 11:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vadim Taciak
Club Driver

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 11:46

Greg Hunt = Wolf , no?

Didn't practice.
Good start - blocked by a slower car. I didn't dare to change lanes.
Was running 7th after all the shenanigans at T1 etc - ofc no racepace, no idea how to preserve wet tyres (bad call from me - hards would ve been right).

Karel was chasing me, I went wide T1 and he overtook. Approaching T2 contact with a Ligier (laped car trying to unlap?) that claimed the inside line right after Karel went through. Send my car straight into the barrier and totaled it.
Oh well.

rf2 is way more demanding. Will have to adapt.

Grats all finishers :D
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 12:26

Paul Velasco wrote:
The important thing is not to make insinuations. Agree with your statement: Some adjustments are needed it seems. Start by telling us what we are doing wrong if we are not driving to HSO standard. study

Don't worry - I was thinking about people with long HSO experience and who should know better.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 12:29

In a kind of anglo-portuguese:

Congratulations to the podium and to everyone that finished.  :flag:

I started well, going from 11th up to 4th or 5º, with rain tires.

The problem was that then I took a long time to change tires. Too much time. That ruin my all race. After the change, with dry tires, the pace has increased a lot, as the time of each lap shows.

At the last laps almost reaching the 6th place, which I would have achieved... if I had not been a victim of the accident between Bruno and Paul Velasco along my way.

And by the way, @Paul Velasco:
- You were not "ambushed" by the two Brabhams. I was a long way behind both and from what it seemed (to me), you lost the control of your car taking the Brabham of Bruno with you. In fact, you had gone off track two or three times before that turn;

- Before that, when you were in 5th and I was in 8th, without being in a direct fight and while I was much faster than your car at that time (because I had changed tires recently), you foreclose my passage for several times, unnecessarily... in one of them I have to spin to avoid "entering" through yours rear (that's because you were braking much earlier than me). Imagine: next time I can't stop in time... I will ruin your race (and mine). No need for that, mate.

Cheers :drink:

Last edited by Paulo Rodrigues on Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 13:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 13:11

Paulo Rodrigues wrote:

And by the way, @Paul Velasco:
- You were not "ambushed" by the two Brabhams. I was a long way behind both and from what it seemed (to me), you lost the control of your car taking the Brabham of Bruno with you. In fact, you had gone off track two or three times before that turn;
Cheers :drink:
My car was broken and could not drive straight, with no front wing and something else bent.
i was so focused on keeping the car on the track at that point was ten seconds a lap slower, suddenly I saw Brabhams in my mirrors and tried to go to the very inside at Clubhouse corner to leave space on the outside...
I definitely felt ambushed because it all happened so fast, although I understand that was not the intention of the Brabham drivers.
study
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 14:12

Paul, you should have pitted for a new wing. Lack of control due to damage that is repairable is your fault.
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 14:15

Mike Becnel wrote:
Paul, you should have pitted for a new wing. Lack of control due to damage that is repairable is your fault.
I know. I was not thinking. Two hours for a noob is a ball ache of note, my brain was frying, my arse aching - must sort out my seat!
I just wanted to finish. In real race probably would have been black flagged. Pitting did not even cross my mind due to lack of experience.
For the record, every incident that involves me I accept full responsibility by default.
Back to top Go down
Tomáš Matoušek
Rookie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 16:28

Hi to all. Thanks for the beautiful race. I'm sorry, maybe I hurt someone. The first ten laps on wet tires my car did not work. After slipping on soft tires, my Alfa Romeo was riding beautifully.
I noticed that the failure rate was reduced to 50%. Will it be so forever or will we go back to 100%?

And one more question. Is there a mod to download the old DTM on Norisring? I'd like to test those cars.
Back to top Go down
Gérard Ryon
Pro Driver
Gérard Ryon

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:13

Frank wrote:
I was thinking about people with long HSO experience and who should know better.

I think you want me. But I'm not entirely responsible. The visibility and the wet track. Sorry Frank. I also had my incident cotta. Mick, Antonio, Bruno.
Congratulations to the podium and to Adam for the pole. And to all the pilots who have crossed the :flag:
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:44

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Paul Velasco wrote:
The important thing is not to make insinuations. Agree with your statement: Some adjustments are needed it seems. Start by telling us what we are doing wrong if we are not driving to HSO standard. study

Don't worry - I was thinking about people with long HSO experience and who should know better.

Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2020 - 11:55

Amazing race, great atmosphere of rain and its retreat .... drying of racing track .... tire lottery ... water spray ... and finally beautiful 9th ​​place for me Smile

Thanks for racing HSO!!!
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2020 - 12:12

Gérard Ryon wrote:
I think you want me. But I'm not entirely responsible. The visibility and the wet track. Sorry Frank. I also had my incident cotta. Mick, Antonio, Bruno.
Congratulations to the podium and to Adam for the pole. And to all the pilots who have crossed the :flag:

Well to be honest I was a big shocked by your race Sunday, Gérard. I watched the replay, and you not only ruined my qualy and race, but also killed Vadim... True, you also were on the receiving end (Bruno's move on you at Clubhouse was especially uncool) of some stuff, but it is no excuse. Vadim or I had nothing to do with your previous collisions, and shouldn't pay the price for it, especially since we were a lap ahead of you. Reflections on track only go so far as an excuse, really - if your gfx settings don't allow you to race safely then you should tweak them in order to allow you to race safely, that's all there is to it.

Having said that, we know you very well, so we know this type of behavior is the exception rather than the rule as far as you're concerned, so let's hope your next HSO races will confirm this Wink.
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2020 - 18:33

Pas encore les résultats en ligne, ni le replay ; je vous suis offline, je suis impatient de voir les résultats
scratch
Marcus
:hello:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2020 - 20:16

Race results updated on the site. Now with lap-by-lap chart Smile.

Sorry it took so long, had to do it all manually once again :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:44

Merci Frank

Marcus
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:17

Karel Marciniszyn wrote:
BTW. Thanks Frank and HSO team to make this wonderful experience with rF2 happend.

Cheers mate :drink: :chinois: ! Sucks about how your race ended though Sad. If that's any consolation I tried the "resume" feature of the rF2 replays and went on to have a nice fight with AI-you lol! . Nice feature this resume thing, too bad it gives control of other cars to AIs from the moment you resume the race. It would have been cooler to have what cars really did and just have them all as ghosts imho.
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:54

Thank you Frank
Frank Verplanken wrote:
Race results updated on the site. Now with lap-by-lap chart Smile.

Sorry it took so long, had to do it all manually once again :smil20:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2020 - 19:16

Greg Hunt wrote:

...... :hihi: :hihi: I would love to drive a Williams and for sure the result will be a lot different... :jp: but I m on a poor Wolf  geek What a Face Wink

No way! lol!

Awww, I am gone and the rain decides to make an apperance Rolling Eyes

I love the rain but it doesn't love me :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4