Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]

Go down 
+25
Mick Chapman
Tomáš Matoušek
Vaclav Burda
Bruno Chacon
Frank Verplanken
Greg Hunt
Honza Mild
Michal Janak
Andre Cunha
Adam Hackman
Florkin Marc
Antonio Atzeni
Steve Parker
Paulo Rodrigues
Vadim Taciak
Dan Faas
Petr Hlavac
Gérard Ryon
Paul Velasco
Claudio Navonne
Karel Marciniszyn
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Vladislav Zenkov
Mario Gassner
Mike Becnel
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 10:22

not from 1979 but year later car

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Meandf10

Me (in red cap) and Ferrari, Brno - Masaryk Circuit, many  years ago (not sure but maybe 2006)
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 14:17

Very cool Michal
:top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 17:59

Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:02

Race server launched :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:02

For those not watching, it is raining on track.
Back to top Go down
Francesco Bonardi
Rookie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2020-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 19:46

Can I join tonight? Smile I am new. This site was referred to me from Gio Nuvoli
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 20:35

Black_Eyes wrote:
Can I join tonight? Smile I am new. This site was referred to me from Gio Nuvoli

No. Sorry, too late to add anew driver this week.
Back to top Go down
Francesco Bonardi
Rookie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2020-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 20:38

No problem Mate! I already did 100laps on server this week Just for fun.
Never thought to race tonight.
Thanks anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario Andreoni
Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2016-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 21:03

sorry but I do not find any link to watch the race online
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 21:40

I m furious.. at the start everyone closed me badly and i had to leave the throttle to prevent the jam.. at lap three i was on Ferrari and Renault slipstream and someone hit me heavily on the straight line .. no words .. I want to watch the replay
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 22:00

Not very happy with what I saw on track to say the least. I have been on the receiving end of similar stuff as Gabriele. Some adjustments are needed it seems Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Andre Cunha
Club Driver
Andre Cunha

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 22:11

With the drying track at the end of qualify I did a nice lap with slicks and overqualied at 5th.
At start the teapot was slow at the left, and Adam on the right slept a bit, what made some compression at the front. Getting to T1 I overeved on the downshifting and blew my engine, again. Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 811692321
Curious that it happened a lot at Imola, but not at Interlagos.
Not much to do there as the curb was high, sorry to Chacon it seems that was behind me.

Saw a bit of the race, and it looks that the whip.. will whip!
Back to top Go down
Mario Gassner
Experienced Driver
Mario Gassner

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 22:22

Another bad race for me.

Qualifying was good so far. Didn`t expect to start second on a wet track. Was a fun battle for the pole. Congrats Adam, well done!

The race...ok, start was great. Teapot was boiled hot and just flews away.

But then, the horror started. Had to fuel save so had to shift at 10500 rpm max. This is where normally the turbo punches in really strong. Otherwise, it was not possible to reach the needed 2.8 Liters per Lap. And by driving like that, you cannot challenge anything on the straight. Everything just flys by. And due to the 220L, you are even slow in the corners. Was very frustrating, because when i reved it out, it just flews again. But you can fuel save for 4-5 laps and than you have one lap to push the pedal to the metal.

Teapot is great for a fast lap. Sound is great and it is fun to drive. But you are (or at least I am) nowhere competitive in it in a race.

Best regards,
Mario
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:13

The side draft in the wet is murder. I got pulled around at least twice. I lost count of how many times I spun on the last turn before the main straight by going out into the wet. Oh man what a beast in the wet.

My worst moment was passing Gerard and the car decided it did not like this turning stuff and the back end went around. With the gigantic (maximum) wing I had set it was a bit of a surprise but probably due to the wet. Gerard went on without me and I was back in the teens (14th or so) after I was able to find a clear spot and rejoin.

I think I was one of the first on dry tires along with Frank if he changed early on.

Nice driving by the lapped cars are far as I saw and also some of you guys way up in the points that were slower than me.

Seems like 2 days ago, but top 10 seemed to do nicely at the start. I got shuffled off track but I know it was a racing incident due to the car pushing me dodging a mess so not going to cry.

Oh well, no points again. Grats to Vlad and all on the podium and all finishers. :first: :second: :third: :flag:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:17

The site can't generate the results, something wrong with the game's files Rolling Eyes Will do it manually tomorrow, too tired for that now.

Provisional results :

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Kya
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:19

It was a nightmare for me.
I risked everything by starting with tires for a dry track, everything was going well until I was hit by the S, they just ignored that I was there, it was 3 strokes in a row, forcing the space where there was no space. My car was destroyed. I made a huge effort in the face of the dry tires' difficulty. I only made 1 stop in the pits but there was nothing I could do to reach those in front of me.
A race to forget.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:20

For some reason, it miss-spells the team name to "Repaque".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:21

David Jundt wrote:
For some reason, it miss-spells the team name to "Repaque".

ReBBQ works for me.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:32

Gabriele Del Piccolo wrote:
I m furious.. at the start everyone closed me badly and i had to leave the throttle to prevent the jam.. at lap three i was on Ferrari and Renault slipstream and someone hit me heavily on the straight line .. no words .. I want to watch the replay

oh on start you bump me to wall and destroy my aero, and put me behind slower and badly dangerously blocking cars (i must go to inner curb to awoid side crash in last very fast corner before what came few seconds later

then you must know i will overtake the renault , on start of straight i didn eve see you in mirrors so i was very surprised you are on side , nothing to do, not very clever at these conditions to try 3 wide (in such a bad visibility)
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:34

Wow, it was really hard and sweaty. Adam made me sweat all 78 laps. It was like Schumacher in Hungary 1998.

I realized how to drive only towards the end of qualifying and it was a very fun qualification.

At the end of the formation lap, I gave Adam a little push. In the spray, there was no sign of his white car (which merged with the water), or the place of the starting grid. But the good that contact was at a very low speed and everything worked out. I apologize for this again.

Although Mario was second, he was lucky to start from the dry part of the track and flew ahead. Adam and I had to fight the wet start on slicks.

At the beginning of the race, there was an exciting fight with Mario and Adam. Then I got a little behind Adam because of a small mistake, but I started to catch up. There was an unpleasant moment with Frank, Adam got into it and I instantly gained 4 seconds, but it was so slow that we collided a bit. I tried to leave as much space as possible on the optimal trajectory for Frank, but it wasn't enough. I still caught Adam and overtook before the first turn, broke away for 5 seconds and turned into a pit stop. Because it was the middle of the race.

What was my surprise when I realized that Adam was not going to stop!!! I started gaining fast and fast, caught him and overtook again. It was 15 laps before the finish. I made myself a breakaway again for 4-5 seconds and after that tires gone. It's a mystery to me how Adam drove them all race without pit-stop.

I am very unhappy with Gio Nuvoli's blue flags. Every time I caught him, he kept me behind, and I lost a few seconds on the lap each time. Once he held me for the entire lap and gave me a break-test before the first corner! I was dodging an accident on a wet trajectory. Shitty. And at the end of the race, Gio cost me 3 seconds and Adam caught me!

As a result, in the last laps, I had to defend myself from Adam and not let him get too close on the main straight. It's all on dead tires. It was very unpleasant. But it's good that I didn't make a mistake and didn't miss it.

Yesterday I won 6 hours of Shanghai in wet and with gaining the leader during two and a half hours. And I overtook him. There's the same thing! :first:

Thank you everyone! That's was very cool!
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2020 - 23:39

Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
Wow, it was really hard and sweaty. Adam made me sweat all 78 laps. It was like Schumacher in Hungary 1998.

I realized how to drive only towards the end of qualifying and it was a very fun qualification.

At the end of the formation lap, I gave Adam a little push. In the spray, there was no sign of his white car (which merged with the water), or the place of the starting grid. But the good that contact was at a very low speed and everything worked out. I apologize for this again.

Although Mario was second, he was lucky to start from the dry part of the track and flew ahead. But Adam and I had to fight the wet start on slicks.

At the beginning of the race, there was an exciting fight with Mario and Adam. Then I got a little behind Adam because of a small mistake, but I started to catch up. There was an unpleasant moment with Frank, Adam got into it and I instantly gained 4 seconds, but it was so slow that we collided a bit. I tried to leave as much space as possible on the optimal trajectory for Frank, but it wasn't enough. I still caught Adam and overtook before the first turn, broke away for 5 seconds and turned into a pit stop. Because it was the middle of the race.

What was my surprise when I realized that Adam was not going to stop!!! I started gaining fast and fast, caught him and overtook again. It was 15 laps before the finish. I made myself a breakaway again for 4-5 seconds and after that tires gone. It's a mystery to me how Adam drove them all race without pit-stop.

I am very unhappy with Gio Nuvoli's blue flags. Every time I caught him, he kept me behind, and I lost a few seconds on the lap each time. Once he held me for the entire lap and gave me a break-test before the first corner! I was dodging an accident on a wet trajectory. Shitty. And at the end of the race, Gio cost me 3 seconds and Adam caught me!

As a result, in the last laps, I had to defend myself from Adam and not let him get too close on the main straight. It's all on dead tires. It was very unpleasant. But it's good that I didn't make a mistake and didn't miss it.

Yesterday I won 6 hours of Shanghai in wet and with gaining the leader during two and a half hours. And I overtook him. There's the same thing! :first:

Thank you everyone! That's was very cool!

yes same blue flagged guy had something with unfortunate last lace and today there was another blueflagged , who figt to blood for "position" in one case i lost "only" 4 s

some today maneuvres were nice but for public , not expecting these on league Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Club Driver
Gabriele Del Piccolo

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:05

Michal Janak wrote:

oh on start you bump me to wall and destroy my aero, and put me behind slower and badly dangerously blocking cars (i must go to inner curb to awoid side crash in last very fast corner before what came few seconds later

then you must know i will overtake the renault , on start of straight i didn eve see you in mirrors so i was very surprised you are on side , nothing to do,  not very clever at these conditions to try 3 wide (in such a bad visibility)

No Michal.. at the start, since I started absolutely much faster than you, you closed the road with another car and our cars were taking each other nearly causing a huge accident. I also had light damage to the left rear suspension. So I chose to leave the gas on that moment.. when I was behind you on slipstream you simply didn't want I pass you, probably you discovered i was on correct tires and you not. So I was much faster than you ( Shadow vs 79WC Ferrari... ) but this probably makes you so bad with me
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:23

Gabriele Del Piccolo wrote:
Michal Janak wrote:

then you must know i will overtake the renault , on start of straight i didn eve see you in mirrors so i was very surprised you are on side , nothing to do,  not very clever at these conditions to try 3 wide (in such a bad visibility)

No Michal.. at the start, since I started absolutely much faster than you, you closed the road with another car and our cars were taking each other nearly causing a huge accident. I also had light damage to the left rear suspension. So I chose to leave the gas on that moment.. when I was behind you on slipstream you simply didn't want I pass you, probably you discovered i was on correct tires and you not. So I was much faster than you ( Shadow vs 79WC Ferrari... ) but this probably makes you so bad with me

on start i drive absolutely straight but slow car in front and then you turn into me , watched replay many times
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:28

This was a wild one. I did some laps in quali and went away to chat with my wife. Well, I completely ignored that the track becomes faster and faster. When I came back, I was dead last. Oops Very Happy

Start was quite hectic, but I moved up to P10 by lap 3. Unfortunately, Mick and Gerard collided and I couldn't avoid hitting the Ligier. This left me with a banged car, bent steering and I fell to the back of the grid again. But who cares, let's move on :aie:  I really enjoyed driving the car and I enjoyed reaching P6, too. With 30 laps to go, it seemed to be all settled. So I thought it could be fun to chase Paul. To give it a try, at least. So I pitted for soft rubber, did some qualifying laps and passed him for P5 Cool Unfortunately, I pulled an absolutely idiotic move with four corners to go. Two slower cars collided and I wanted to thread a needle. I crashed into both. Thankfully, it didn't have any serious consequences, AFAIK.

I hugely enjoyed the drying track. rf2 is becoming my favorite Sim. Can't wait for more  :conduit:

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 9:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2020 - 0:31

If you have a complaint PM me with details.
I will ask you to email me a replay.

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Mon 2 Mar 2020 - 18:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]   Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Kyalami [Mar. 1st]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next