Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]

Go down 
+30
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Timo Vermeersch
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Jan Kowalski
Paulo Rodrigues
Florkin Marc
Vaclav Burda
Gio Nuvoli
Gérard Ryon
François Violet
Karel Marciniszyn
Adam Hackman
Guillaume Siebert
Petr Hlavac
Paul Velasco
Mick Chapman
David Jundt
Frank Verplanken
Michal Janak
Andre Cunha
Mario Gassner
Steve Parker
Dan Faas
Matthias Weber
Bruno Chacon
Honza Mild
Vladislav Zenkov
Claudio Navonne
Mike Becnel
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb 2020 - 10:10

[/quote]
So although it's 100% damage(unless you lose a wheel, I think, not sure if this mod forgives this), you can still safe your bacon if you get to the pits to repair it.

At least it seemed like that in testing, might need to try it again...[/quote]

Yes and no...
As you know, we have two shades of blue in the damage indication: the darkest indicates the most serious and some of them, even going to the pits, are not repairable. It happened to me sometimes in other races.

This time, I was almost 2m in the pits and when I left I still had 'blue marked problems'. I don't know if making another stop would solve them, by a kind of accumulating stops to repair.

But (for me) the main problem in the 100% damage is that in this mod and with these cars sometimes you just have a bit track exit or a little climb up a corrector to get a damaged suspension right away.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb 2020 - 13:04

Yes like Paulo says, my issue with damage in this mod is mostly about sensitivity. Meaning the slightest touch against an immovable object can produce disproportionate damage. Happens sometimes in mods, was the case with the rF1 original version of this one :smil20:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb 2020 - 14:51

Simon Wattman wrote:
No problem :top:

Do you want to be put on the waiting list, Simon ?
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Feb 2020 - 23:23

Paulo Rodrigues wrote:
Yes and no...
As you know, we have two shades of blue in the damage indication: the darkest indicates the most serious and some of them, even going to the pits, are not repairable. It happened to me sometimes in other races.

This time, I was almost 2m in the pits and when I left I still had 'blue marked problems'. I don't know if making another stop would solve them, by a kind of accumulating stops to repair.

But (for me) the main problem in the 100% damage is that in this mod and with these cars sometimes you just have a bit track exit or a little climb up a corrector to get a damaged suspension right away.

@Paulo: That's not how I remember it.

Light or dark blue is not an indification about being able to be repaired or not. Light blue is usually cosmetical and dark blue is mechanical. Usually there's nothing to repair if just light blue and won't get picked up as a repair option in the game.

Not sure about you, but Greg with his lost FW and possible suspension damage should've lost a lot of speed if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb 2020 - 16:55

David Jundt wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
Paulo Rodrigues wrote:
The option for 100% damage is always a problem, since any touch causes damage that is sometimes irreparable.

Yes it seems the mod has the same damage values as the original rF1 version, i.e. maybe a bit excessive. We might lower that for next races, we'll let you know Wink.

I think in Greg's case, it didn't happen. He lost his front wing(and maybe more) and had to pit right behind me.

He came out some 45s behind me after the repair...

...he still caught me although the Wolf was a rather unreliable car in real life and drove away from me with ease as I couldn't hold on anywhere with my tyres, so I think I remember right that when pitting it fully repairs the car, even the aero/drag damage.

David , What you said about my case is totaly wrong .
After my pit , my car was slowest on the straight , i used 1/1 wings
for to be not to slow in the fast part .
what i don’t undertand , was when after an Williams hit me around
middle race , I have not damage on my dashboard but my steering wheel had 20 degres angle on the left and was more slow and too hard to kept on track . :hum:
Back to top Go down
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb 2020 - 17:11

@David:

In my case I can guarantee: I crashed hard, the car was almost impossible to drive in a straight line, but I managed to reach the pits, where I received assistance for 104s....

When I left it was a little better ... but I still had huge problems to control the car, with the steering wheel very uncertain to drive and also keeping up some light blues (of damage)... (and that's why I gave up)

And I also already experienced in other races that in straight line even with some damage and problems on the steering wheel (if you can control/hang it) you can reach some interesting speed...but when you have a turn in front it's a mess (at least with me). :urgence:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb 2020 - 18:48

Not to want to sound like a dick, but: Wow, Greg catches me with that wreck of a car on 1/1 wings?!? I used 3/2 as I saw no further advantage going lower.

Well, I guess I was wrong about damage then. But that just shows how hopeless I was in my car, getting beaten by damaged cars Rolling Eyes

I stay with the light blue/dark blue damage: Light blue is cosmetical which doesn't show up under the pit menu(Damage: N/A).

Only dark blue is damage that should show up as being "repairable".

Then again, driving in the VEC with the Endurance content, even that was apparently not always the case...
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb 2020 - 23:26

David Jundt wrote:
Not to want to sound like a dick, but:

lol! I see you can read between the lines of your competitors’ posts.

Please let me make you feel slower: I was catching you at about 9 seconds per lap with a car that was half dark blue. It was beat to Hell by someone landing on me. It did take 3 laps to figure out how to drive it and tires were gone after 18 laps so I lost time in the pits but my God it was blisteringly fast on soft tires.

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb 2020 - 23:54

*Is looking for a cry in a sea of tears emoji*
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Feb 2020 - 23:59

David Jundt wrote:
*Is looking for a cry in a sea of tears emoji*
lol!

This is the best we have Sad

Nice win today by the way :first:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]   Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd] - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 1 - Buenos Aires [Feb. 2nd]
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9