Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

N00b Questions

Go down 
+3
David Jundt
Timo Vermeersch
Paul Velasco
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2020-01-01

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:00

Hi
I have just joined up and interested in what you guys are doing.
With regards to joining a series what is the process for newcomers?
Can I join the server to test?
Is there a fee?
I am reading up as much as I can but don't seem to find this info.
Much appreciated if someone can advise or point me to the right area in the forum.
Cheers
PV
Back to top Go down
https://www.grandprix247.com/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:04

Hey there,

to join a series, just ask a car in the entry thread for the series concerned e.g. HERE for the 1979 F1 series.

Anyone can always join a test server to test.

There has never been a fee in the past and I thing there will not be any in the near future. That being said members are allowed to support the league with a gift to help cover server costs etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Timo
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:16

Timo Vermeersch wrote:
Hey there,

to join a series, just ask a car in the entry thread for the series concerned e.g. HERE for the 1979 F1 series.

Anyone can always join a test server to test.

There has never been a fee in the past and I thing there will not be any in the near future. That being said members are allowed to support the league with a gift to help cover server costs etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Timo

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 15:16

I know, I am not an admin/mod, but can you please use your real name? It's gonna be required anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 21:23

Per others Paul, HSO is free and you have done all you need to do to get a car.

As the one running 79 F1, as a new driver I ask you focus on finishing the races and then work on being fast. Set your car up accordingly.

I have also been out of simracing for several years so I doubt I will be fast so will focus on not ruining the tace of anyone else while getting myself back up to speed.
Back to top Go down
Paul Velasco
Experienced Driver
Paul Velasco

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jan 2020 - 23:49

Mike Becnel wrote:

As the one running 79 F1, as a new driver I ask you focus on finishing the races and then work on being fast. Set your car up accordingly.

I have also been out of simracing for several years so I doubt I will be fast so will focus on not ruining the tace of anyone else while getting myself back up to speed.
Noted. I won't race until I am sure I won't get in the way and can do the laps consistently.
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 0:21

Paul Velasco wrote:
Mike Becnel wrote:

Noted. I won't race until I am sure I won't get in the way and can do the laps consistently.

Don't think about it quite that conservatively. Honest mistakes happen. We mainly swat super idiots like those who drive backwards, drive with a clearly destroyed car or intentionally wreck others.

Just make a nice stable setup and enjoy yourself!
Back to top Go down
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 4:24

Forgive my ignorance but is there a liveracers page for the HSO servers?
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 5:22

No. Not at this time.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 14:03

Dan Faas wrote:

We're planning to adapt our in-house rF1 hotlap program to rF2. Lots to do these days though, so don't hold your breath on that one :hihi: :smil20: . If we get to the point we think we can't deliver it in a timely fashion we'll get a liveracers page or the like, although we are not too fond of those.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Dan Faas
Club Driver
Dan Faas

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2019-11-25

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jan 2020 - 15:11

Frank Verplanken wrote:
Dan Faas wrote:

We're planning to adapt our in-house rF1 hotlap program to rF2. Lots to do these days though, so don't hold your breath on that one :hihi: :smil20: . If we get to the point we think we can't deliver it in a timely fashion we'll get a liveracers page or the like, although we are not too fond of those.
\

Awesome, Thanks for the update. I can be patient Wink
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 0:21

I guess raceview.nl might not be a solution?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 0:27

David Jundt wrote:

I had bookmarked it, didn't have time to dig into it though. Looks nice enough to me. We'll see where we are at regarding this in a couple of weeks Wink.
Back to top Go down
Vladislav Zenkov
Club Driver
Vladislav Zenkov

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2020-01-13

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 0:36

I did not understand Reconnaissance Laps Procedure. I racing in rF2 1,5 years and I don't know about that timers. I know only: after switch from warm-up to race session begins timer (mostly of all 35 sec) for pressing Race button, after press you teleport to starting grid and after end of this timer race start procedure has begins.
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/zenkovladf1
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:13

Frank Verplanken wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

I had bookmarked it, didn't have time to dig into it though. Looks nice enough to me. We'll see where we are at regarding this in a couple of weeks Wink.

You'd have to ask Stephane Rouault, let's say he's a friend of mine, raced for my team the last two years. Good guy, always very friendly and helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:20

Vladislav Zenkov wrote:
I did not understand Reconnaissance Laps Procedure. I racing in rF2 1,5 years and I don't know about that timers. I know only: after switch from warm-up to race session begins timer (mostly of all 35 sec) for pressing Race button, after press you teleport to starting grid and after end of this timer race start procedure has begins.

You can try it offline, you'll see it's pretty straightforward - the kind of thing a bit hard to explain but easy to do you know :D.

Just edit the relevant lines in your player.json file, i.e. those switching the feature on and off :

"CHAMP Reconnaissance":0,
   "CURNT Reconnaissance":0,
   "GPRIX Reconnaissance":0,
   "MULTI Reconnaissance":0,
   "RPLAY Reconnaissance":0,

each line referring to a race mod (championship, single race, multiplayer, ...etc.). Set to "1" instead of zero to activate recon laps feature.

To fine adjust the settings, still in the player.json :

"Recon Pit Closed":150,
  "Recon Pit Closed#":"Time that pits are closed before formation lap (real-life is 900 seconds)",
  "Recon Pit Open":300,
  "Recon Pit Open#":"Time that pits remain open for recon laps (real-life is 900 seconds)",
  "Recon Timer":true,
  "Recon Timer#":"Whether timer is displayed in message box",

Also, a good way to explain it is to say it is just like in real life race meetings (or least was lol, I wouldn't know about now) : a few pre-race warming up laps coming out of the pits and passing through them again, before joining the grid.

:hello:

Last edited by Frank Verplanken on Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:32; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jan 2020 - 1:20

David Jundt wrote:
Frank Verplanken wrote:
David Jundt wrote:

You'd have to ask Stephane Rouault, let's say he's a friend of mine, raced for my team the last two years. Good guy, always very friendly and helpful Smile

Thanks, noted :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

N00b Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: N00b Questions   N00b Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

N00b Questions
Page 1 of 1