Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.

Go down 
+11
Michal Janak
Richard Wilks
Caio Fonseca
Alberto Ibañez
Mike Becnel
John Fuqua
Peter Blom
Christian Dauger
Matthias Weber
Mick Chapman
Frank Verplanken
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574
Registration date : 2008-09-08

HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 17:04

As per Alberto's legitimate request, the announcement thread regarding the departure of the current team of moderators to ISO is now locked.

If you have any questions about the future of HSO, we are here to answer you. Suggestions, as always, are also welcomed.

However, any queries about the reasons behind the split will be ignored, while disruptive and disrespectful comments regarding the decision and those involved in it will not be tolerated. This is about the future, not about the past. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 18:21

Just to clarify, from the "hijacked" thread.....

Indeed, I was referring to Brexit, but a significant line was missed out (I used the less than/greater than symbols, which I guess does something to the text within, like-ignore it, but on editing, due to severe lack of sleep, I messed up......and the ambiguity was intentional, because I like to see people go off in tangential trajectory.

As to an opinion......I have none, just gratitude to all involved.....simples.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSun 29 Sep 2019 - 18:39

Yes I had figured that much, I am almost fluent in Chapman you know :D Wink !
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Oct 2019 - 12:30

RF2 and weather??

Looking forward to the HSO 2020 Lineup :top:

Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeWed 2 Oct 2019 - 22:50

Sorry I can't help myself..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIIuR-HjFho

Smile do your worst, I already have a year ban hanging over me.
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2019 - 5:23

lol! I would never ban you for saying the truth Smile.

I guess people are waiting for a 2020 programme. Lots of work to do, lots of work being done, we'll get there. We are not going to announce for the sake of announcing. Especially with HSO type races, it takes time to set up a proper series. With any other league we'd just pick this or that mod, select a bunch of tracks and come up with whatever points scale we like, and that'd be it.

We also want to have user friendly content, air tight mods that work fine, and for which you don't have to download fixes and patches every other race. Same thing with tracks. All this takes a lot of testing.
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2019 - 9:31

Exact, c'est ce qui fait tout l'intérêt de hso (ou iso !), la passion...
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri 4 Oct 2019 - 20:57

Was only just reading the announcement.

I have raced in mutiple leagues last 7 years but HSO is the best I have been in by far. HSO has a lovely spirit with many historic enthusiastic individuals so this feels like home for me and I'll keep hanging around here upcoming years picking what I like. Nevertheless I'll keep my eyes open for other opportunities (ISO) for competitive racing.

Hope there are enough members to keep both HSO/ISO grids filled.

Regards,

Peter
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat 12 Oct 2019 - 18:19

To clarify, which sim will HSO be racing with ?
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat 12 Oct 2019 - 20:08

We will make an announcement regarding the 2020 season tomorrow Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSun 13 Oct 2019 - 22:09

John Fuqua wrote:
To clarify, which sim will HSO be racing with ?

And now that the announcement is out, RF2, RF1 and likely some AMS as well later.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon 14 Oct 2019 - 10:32

Well, Frank already hinted at it before, and now after their announcement it should be evident how we are going to be more complementary than competitive in the future, as the transtion of HSO to being mostly an rF2 based league highlights Smile  Both rF2 and AMS have generally speaking different communities, and we at ISO prefer to remain an AMS based league, where we have a solid, specs friendly platform and total control over our propietary & exclusive stuff in all aspects (Physics, models, tracks) to provide the full historic experience, instead of the usual job you see at so many leagues that can only rely in what others create, cutting corners with spec mods hiding below nice looking bodies or crappy/incomplete physics. Fortunately HSO has always had the highest standards in that regard, which is why we gladly administrated it for several years with some modest success :first: , and I'm sure the new team will be able to cut their way through the rF2 jungle and provide the same top notch experience to their racers they have been giving since 2008  HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. 3108518133  

We wish HSO best of luck in this transition, and hopefully it can bring us the chance to do some league-vs-league tournement in "neutral" ground. Good old rFactor I heard?  :D
Back to top Go down
Caio Fonseca
Rookie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-11-01

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon 14 Oct 2019 - 14:57

Great news that RF2 will be used often.
Back to top Go down
John Fuqua
Club Driver

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2014-04-16

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2019 - 11:45

For whatever reason rF2 runs better for me than rF1, any consideration of bringing USAC 73/74 to rF2 ?.
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2019 - 12:30

John Fuqua wrote:
For whatever reason rF2 runs better for me than rF1, any consideration of bringing USAC 73/74 to rF2 ?.

No, usac 73/74 is a mod created by the team moving now to ISO, so it will be used there now and in the future, probably in AMS.

RF2 is a buggy mess, that i don't feel like touching with a 10 foot pole, and it keeps getting revamps and updates that break old mods.
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2019 - 18:52

Richard Wilks wrote:
John Fuqua wrote:

No, usac 73/74 is a mod created by the team moving now to ISO, so it will be used there now and in  the future, probably in AMS.

RF2 is a buggy mess, that i don't feel like touching with a 10 foot pole, and it keeps getting revamps and updates that break old mods.

Since day 1 I've got problems with sound artifacts with AMS. Since then I tried:
- installed drivers
- Bough a PCIe Soundcard and tried different drivers as well (Soundcard also used for Music)
- Limited fps and tried to allocate threads to single CPU cores
- Made a fresh Windows installation, complete new download via steam
- Bought new hardware for upgrading to be VR-ready (new Mainboard, NVME SSD, new CPU + GPU)
- Installed Windows once again

And guess what? Yes, sound artifacts still the same sh** as on first day. Now we're talking about a buggy mess... :rigol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2019 - 19:05

I think that a discussion about the merits of each platform pertains to a different thread. This one is for what Frank stated in the first post, sorry if Richard's reply to John's question raised it. Richard already stated our will to not have the mod converted, at least for now, to rF2 because we are not comfortable with what can be achieved with that sim at the moment, and because it usually needs updating the mod after new patches. That should suffice to be respected and thus discount the mod in rF2 as part of HSO's future, which is what the thread is about.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Oct 2019 - 12:18

HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. 1623587389
Back to top Go down
Andre Cunha
Club Driver
Andre Cunha

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeSat 9 Nov 2019 - 21:45

Glad to see the new 2020 HSO program, eager to try the rF2 engine.
Hopefully sometime we will see an earlier 70s series.
And who knows, with the back to the roots routine, a GPL series a la GPL-Cups mode
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2019-10-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon 11 Nov 2019 - 10:27

About gpl, a good alternative for rf2 players soon
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/f1-legends-racing-2-0.58484/page-7#post-1006503
Back to top Go down
Pascal Salar
Experienced Driver
Pascal Salar

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2019 - 13:45

Hello!

Mauro Mariani wrote:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/f1-legends-racing-2-0.58484/page-7#post-1006503

Oh yes, please! rhâââ lovely rhâââ lovely rhâââ lovely
Back to top Go down
https://pasalarcal.piwigo.com/
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2019 - 19:32

Mauro Mariani wrote:

WOOOOOOOW :top:
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2019 - 22:44

:yaa:
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2019-10-17

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:12

Out now
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1927039343
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 9:16

Looks quite good, can you tell us a bit more about the physics? What rF2 tire model do they use, and do they have individual specific suspension geometry replicating the one in the real car?  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.   HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HSO's future : thoughts, questions and suggestions.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next