HSO 1979 Formula 1 RulesRegistration
- The series is free and open to all HSO members.
- As with all HSO races, nicknames are not allowed on the server, whether in training or during a race meeting.
- See this post to edit your rFactor 2 player name easily.Car Attribution
- A total of 28 cars are available for the series.
- Cars will be attributed to drivers following the "HSO Standard"
procedure described below.
- Each driver must drive the same car for the duration of the championship.
- Changing of car during the year will be tolerated under exceptional circumstances only.
- In the event of a driver announcing his absence to a given race, his car will not be made available for another driver. However, should a driver miss two races in a row, his car would be made available for someone else to drive.HSO Standard Car Attribution Rules :
- Drivers have one week to post their three (3) favourite choices of car in order of preference (for instance : 1. Lotus 2. Ferrari 3. Ligier)
- At the end of the one week period, admins take a couple of days to decide on the field, trying to grant everybody one of his wishes will still aiming at a balanced field in performance.
- If more drivers than cars available (29) submit wishes, drivers without a car will be put on the waiting list and will be first in line to take over a car given up by its original driver.
Please book your car in the dedicated thread.Points system
- Points for the FIA World Drivers' Championship
are awarded to the first six classified drivers, on the following scale : 9-6-4-3-2-1
- Only drivers having covered at least 90% of the laps covered by the race winner will be classified.
- Whenever 90% of the total number of laps results in a number with decimals, the decimals will be disregarded.
- The season is split in two half-seasons (7+8 races).
- Only a driver’s best four results in each half-season
- Two drivers tied in final points will be split by the quality of their race finishing positions.
- The FIA Formula 1 Constructors’ Cup
uses the same points scale, with two cars per race allowed to score for each constructor, and no half-seasons nor dropped scores.The Races
- Races will be held on Sunday evenings (all times CET, Paris Time) :
8:00pm - Qualifying session (60 minutes, unlimited number of laps)
9:00pm – Briefing and Warm-Up
9.15pm - Start of the race (duration between 80 and 120 minutes depending on the event)Starting Procedure
- Starts will be given standing, after one formation lap.Server Settings
- A training server running on the next scheduled track will be online permanently.
- Server name : HSO 1979 Formula 1
- Server password : hso79
- Pitstops : allowed for tyres only (no fuel)
- Time scale : x1
- Fuel usage : normal
- Tyre wear : normal
- Damage mod : 100%
- Flag Rules : full w/o DQ
- Weather : live time weather plug-in using OpenWeatherMap live time predictions.HSO Sporting Rules
See Appendix H of the HSO Sporting Code for details on general rules applying to this series.