Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

rFactor2 Top Historic Mods

Go down 
+5
Richard Wilks
Honza Mild
Christian Dauger
Alberto Ibañez
Mauro Mariani
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2019-10-17

rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Empty
PostSubject: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeSat 2 Nov 2019 - 21:05

what are your favourite historic mods for rFactor2?

this is my list, all this mods are a must to have for rf2 players

-Lola T280 by Pixsim https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7oloh4zlc6vjy2/Lola_T280.rfcmp?dl=0

-Lola T70 Spyder https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591517863

-Porsche 917K https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782259180

-1967 Endurance mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213554944

-if you prefer less power Lola T290 https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lola-t290.7812/

-and of course F1 1968 (F1 EVE) -no wings upgrade is .... crazy Smile - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1580196547
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 14:54

Looks nice, but what mods do have complete fields? Most of those you linked are just a single car, the 1967 one says it has different physics but all cars have the same suspension, and the same "slightly modified" body with different skins.  :hum:

Some time ago we (The team that will be moving to ISO) had a look at rF2 ourselves but we found not enough historic material in terms of complete grids and proper physics.  Yes many single great cars, but almost no mod was complete or had even enough cars to do a season, or were "league editions" with same suspensions and only slight physics changes hiding under the bonnet. 

HSO will be running next year F1 79, but I think that is about one of the very few ones that is complete and with custom physics.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeSun 3 Nov 2019 - 19:05

hi alberto

if you want mod with complete grids and proper physics you have to wait the upcoming F1 1967 Legends Racing (with scratch physics by Postipate -i'm helping authors-).

there is also the F1 1975 Historic mod, but with current rF2's builds it is bugged.
you have to repack the mod with single fixes posted on rF2 forum thread

rFactor2 Top Historic Mods M47NPa1
rFactor2 Top Historic Mods 9ztljSS
rFactor2 Top Historic Mods 1C5uTV3
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2018-01-01

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2019 - 8:29

yes, all these mods are exceptional but, for example the mod 67 endurance, you can not imagine driving a Porsche 911 seeing a cockpit similar to a T70 or other, or fight against an Alpine that looks outside a GT40 .. .with its diversity the mod is exceptional but all the same aspect :smil20:

That's what makes me, for the moment back to A / C, for the diversity, the complete mods and the magnificent visual aspect ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2019 - 9:17

Quote :
That's what makes me, for the moment back to A / C, for the diversity, the complete mods and the magnificent visual aspect ...

Surely not for the physics ... :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2019 - 9:22

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
That's what makes me, for the moment back to A / C, for the diversity, the complete mods and the magnificent visual aspect ...

Surely not for the physics ... :hihi:

yes, maybe, but it's so subjective... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2019 - 11:26

About rf2 historical mod with proper physics

f1 1975 mod update and f1 1967 legend racing mod out soon
(I'm helping in those projects)

Last edited by Mauro Mariani on Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 13:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honza Mild
Pro Driver
Honza Mild

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 12 Nov 2019 - 11:59

Mauro Mariani wrote:
About rf2 historical mod with proper physics

f1 1975 mod update and f1 1967 legend racing mod out soon
(I'm helped in those projects)

Great!!!
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 15:03

a must for GPL lover out now: F1 1967 Legends Racing: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1927039343

cars table:
rFactor2 Top Historic Mods 62sbG3C
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 15:48

Sincerely, I'd like to hear your arguments about RF2 and Assetto .... AC now offers richer and more appealing content, if only with the real bodies of some mods ...
No controversy, just arguments and ... do not hit me :D
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 16:01

Wilks knows much more about AC than most of us, but I can say some things about rF2 from my modder's perspective. 

rF2 has a wonderful and well advanced tire model in real time 3D, but the problem is that nobody except the developers and payware contents creators (Not even all of them) have a fucking clue about it or can make new custom tires for mods. So modders are limited in general to whatever existing tires Studio397 has released, which get copied over and over to the new mods. You can check them here: 

https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/cars/car-physics/tyre-database

In the end what you have is many mods shod with tires that were never ever developed for those cars, so they might lack grip or have excess of it, or be radial instead of bias ply, etc, etc. 

So you have classic stock cars running on Transam tires, or classic F1s running on modern tires because there was no tire ever created purposely for them, and what modders have to do is start fiddling around with parameters that reduce grip or change characteristics in a manner that nobody has a clue how it works. So it's trial and error basically.

And all that, crossing your fingers to hope Studio 397 got it right to begin with, which isn't always the case as they had to rectify after discovering major bugs on their base concepts some time ago.

But if you want a well recognized expert's opinion (And also the reasons why he did not continue modding for the new rF2 engine), you can read Niels Heusinkveld's take on this here:

http://www.sim-racing.co.uk/pdf/Tires-in-race-simulations.pdf

This was written in the early days of rF2 but time has only confirmed it. 

I just hope with time they make a more easily usable tire model that gives full control over it.
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 16:07

And knowing this, you have not considered using AC?
Maybe you find the AC tire model even worse!
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 16:13

Using AC in what? I admit i dont understand to who is this question aimed at. Is it to the rf2 modders? To the admins that will be in HSO next year and picked rf2 as their platform of choice? Or to use in general as users or modders of both platforms?

The later honestly is a debate that never ends well, and there is already enough arguing over the internet about it.

Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 16:21

It's simple, know the arguments that you (HSO) push to use RF2 rather than AC ...
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 16:26

I won't be an admin in HSO anymore in less than a month, and i wasnt involved in that decision making, so i wouldnt know. But any considerations aside, i would think the admins were pragmatic, and rf2 allows them to continue to use either their website or their databases just like they use with rf1 and AMS, and the isi engine is more familiar to them.

Running a league, specially one with the HSO organization, is not just pick a game, and launch some server, it requires a lot more than that. And HSO , just like ISO now, running on donations alone, you can't ask people to just up sticks and go learn a whole new platform just like that in their free time.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 16:40

Christian Dauger wrote:
And knowing this, you have not considered using AC?
Maybe you find the AC tire model even worse!

I can't speak for HSO's returning admins decision to use rF2, it is them who shall answer that.  As for AC, physics aside you must understand that it has certain hardcoded limitations that do not match with the traditional HSO rules, like f.e. you can't run yellow flags on ovals, etc. so I guess that was another thingto consider.

I will however add something regarding the HSO/ISO take on the platform choice, as I personally see it.

HSO started with GPL and rFactor, and was conceived as a league for racing under a set of rules/constraints of realism that the founding admins considered the best, and it certainly had big success under those. The depth of the physics in the sims wasn't a huge concern back then, obviously the better and more accurate, the merrier, but overall the interest focused in the general racing experience because all the founding admins were not modders originally, at least not in the beginning.

We, the team who took over were somehow the opposite in that regard, we liked modding and developed our skills creating in-house contents and taking physics to completely new depth levels, thanks mostly to Richard Wilks and the maturity of the original gmotor engine in rFactor1, improved for AMS. For us realism in the driving experience was paramount because we understood and could mod the physics more than most people, and we could use it to our advantage combined with 3D stuff we were also able to create to produce the series we always had wanted to run, on a quite excelling level of depth. 

HSO will be going back to its roots next year, they will use rFactor2 now that it has matured and included much more contents, but the price to pay will be losing full control over the physics and contents, having to use whatever is around. That is not a big price if you were not planning to any modding on your own anyway, and for 90% of the usual simracing public who won't appreciate truly in depth physics and some of the challenges that real drivers face (like proper tire management f.e.) but instead prefer a more casual approach (Even if of course within the boundaries of what we can consider realism), this take is sure exciting enough and will provide wonderful experiences, so I have no doubt HSO will be very succesful in it. 

For us however, the points I have explained were of more importance, and we believe there is a community of simracers who look for that edge that only few can appreciate, which is why we have stayed with AMS and will continue to develop it for now. We have nothing against rF2, quite the opposite, we would like to jump ship there, but only if we get full control over the physics and can do the proper job, not as it stands now where a big part of the physics cocktail is locked to us. 

And to just build another league that runs rF2, AMS, or whatever game, we rather spare us the effort and money and just join it or stay here at HSO, which we always liked, as mere racers. The purpose of ISO is therefore to allow us continuing creating the no-compromise experience we like so much, for us and whoever likes it and wants to join us.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Christian Dauger
Club Driver
Christian Dauger

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeTue 3 Dec 2019 - 17:42

Very well expressed, thank you Alberto !
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeThu 5 Dec 2019 - 3:28

Christian Dauger wrote:
Sincerely, I'd like to hear your arguments about RF2 and Assetto .... AC now offers richer and more appealing content, if only with the real bodies of some mods ...
No controversy, just arguments and ... do not hit me :D

Have you read Frank’s season introduction? The good old faithful standby is still on the HSO menu, it is just not used in one of the opening series for 2020. It will come back sooner than later.

Richard Wilks wrote:
I won't be an admin in HSO anymore in less than a month, and i wasnt involved in that decision making, so i wouldnt know.  But any considerations aside, i would think the admins were pragmatic, and rf2 allows them to continue to use either their website or their databases just like they use with rf1 and AMS, and the isi engine is more familiar to them.

Running a league, specially one with the HSO organization, is not just pick a game, and launch some server, it requires a lot more than that. And HSO , just like ISO now, running on donations alone, you can't ask people to just up sticks and go learn a whole new platform just like that in their free time.

And to some extent Richard nails it right on the head, so well said sir.

PS: For “fun” you may see a Wreckfest event show up occasionally. Noooo, it will NOT be scored or official but much destruction will occur!
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeThu 5 Dec 2019 - 21:53

The reason I finally bought rF2 :
rFactor2 Top Historic Mods EF110B83385BF1156FB370CC4D135A474E7CA65B
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/cart-1985.61626/
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeThu 5 Dec 2019 - 22:15

Chief uses my cart88 physics with permission, with rf2 tires in those cars Smile i have full permission from him to do whatever i want with those cars, even port them to AMS if i feel like it :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 11:20

A video review by a french channel

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeFri 6 Dec 2019 - 23:18

That looks amazing. Is it setup with historical car performance or league (all cars in each class the same)?
Back to top Go down
Mauro Mariani
Rookie
Mauro Mariani

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeSat 7 Dec 2019 - 0:04

As i wrote in paste it's an historical mod
Each car have a proper physic
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 9:12

Mauro Mariani wrote:
As i wrote in paste it's an historical mod
Each car have a proper physic

Excellent! Sorry to ask for clarification. Thia one will go on the list of possible future mods for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitimeMon 9 Dec 2019 - 9:34

Richard Wilks wrote:
Chief uses my cart88 physics with permission, with rf2 tires in those cars Smile i have full permission from him to do whatever i want with those cars, even port them to AMS if i feel like it :hihi:

Good deal! :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rFactor2 Top Historic Mods   rFactor2 Top Historic Mods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rFactor2 Top Historic Mods
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next