Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]

Go down 
+13
Brian Janik
François Remmen
Thiago Canola
Raul Jereb
David Sabre
Alberto Ibañez
Jason White
Richard Coxon
Matthias Weber
Michael Drechsler
Pascal Mikula
Lukáš Vydra
Jonatan Acerclinth
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 9:31

New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985

Firstly, to the question. Either PM the answer to me or put it in the thread.

What made this a Championship you wanted to be a part of. Was it the mod, the fact it's on Wednesdays, that it's Touring Cars? Thanks for letting us know so that we know what to aim for going into next year.

Well, another season here comes to an end. It’s the first one I’ve organised here at HSO. I can’t help but feel a bit teary eyed that it’s already over, it feels like it jus started a few days ago.

Positives…
From a personal viewpoint it feels like the championship went as well as I could have hoped for it to go.
The Race lenghts seems to have been just about perfect for these cars. Long enough to make the tires to have an effect (meaning good conservation and consistency payed of) while they still were sprint races meaning that outright pace may as well also be the way to go.
The Car Allocations seems to have been good. We’ve had 5 different winners in 6 races and 4 different makes of cars being used by our 5 race winners this season. I consider that a personal victory since no-one, maybe except David who were absolutely dominant around Wellington, were dominant on every occasion and streaking away with races to a massive championship win. I think this is one of the tightest championships HSO has seen, which is another aim of HSO, to make it possible for anyone, if they drive well, to have a shot at the championships.
The Broadcasts seems to, despite me being alone and doing both broadcast and admin duty at every round, have been enjoyable for everyone to watch.

Negatives…
Some niggly little issues meant that it wasn’t all smooth sailing. Especially the last two rounds I think it was were plagued by issues on the server side. That, on the other hand, will hopefully be but a memory as of the new year and season where we’ll look to have a grand spanking new server.
I’m somewhat disappointed that pitstops weren’t as big a factor to success as I would have wished for when I tried to put the championship together.
The final bit is that I forgot to double check if driver swaps were allowed by the server ahead of the final round. That made me really frustrated, as could probably be heard on the broadcast, but a lesson to be learnt from. I’ll now never again, I hope, assume anything in regards to the game and its settings until I’ve double-checked that it’s correctly set up.

General Thoughts and Banter…
I’m extremely happy that the turn-out for this series was as good as it was. Especially managing a full grid for the 2nd to last round and, bar 2 cars, increase the grid size for the final round (although it was moved to a weekend). That bodes well and I hope that we’ll be able to run another championship on Wednesday nights next year.
The racing we saw in the championship well compares to that of BTCC 1996 of last year. Many close and, by the looks of it, almost always hard but fair fights where knowledge and wits could be seen and enjoyed me and others watching the races.
It was also wonderful to have a bit of interaction in the broadcast chat. It made it much easier to know if I, as a broadcaster, was doing the right thing and made me, as an admin, feel that what I had decided along with my fellow admins, had been the correct series to go along with the less contact oriented F1 and Can-Am championships. It seems us drivers need something like this to keep our head on in other series where contact has far bigger repercussions compared to these Tin-Top machines.

Ending…
I’m overall, again, very happy with how the championship turned out no matter the issues we had to work with or around.
A massive thanks goes out to my fellow admins Jason White (Knowledge and Broadcast Graphics), Richard Coxon (Behind the scenes DataBase work, adding in results and keeping the main page up to date as well as insights into car allocations and keeping the threads up to date), Juha Bos (Car allocations and Up to date Threads), Alberto Ibanez (Knowledge and Car Allocations) and Richard Wilks (Improvements to the mod through sounds and cars along with Alberto).
Thanks too to everyone who took part in the championship and making it a great experience for me to admin. You’ve given me a lot of joy by ringing as much as you can out of these old Touring Car machines and providing some fantastic racing to watch while doing so.

Dependent on how the poll goes you will see another TCL championship during next year. What it is we’ll see. We already have some ideas among the admins what we’d like it to be if we decide to go with TCL but time will have to tell.

Until next year, thank you once again for your contributions to this championship and I hope you all have enjoyed yourselves partaking or by watching the races.

Keep on burning that rubber.
Jonatan
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 11:52

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
What made this a Championship you wanted to be a part of. Was it the mod, the fact it's on Wednesdays, that it's Touring Cars? Thanks for letting us know so that we know what to aim for going into next year.

Mod - I didn't test the mod as I knew I can't take part in the series (there were three races left when I joined HSO).

Wednesdays - I am working in the afternoons all week except Saturdays and Sundays, so that's not the thing (I know last race was on Sunday, but I took part in one of the final races at league which I am leaving).

Touring cars - It's great fun with them in general, but I don't mind about racing in whatever "my home league" (it will be HSO from January 2019) provide.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 11:56

I've had pretty bad experience so far with the TCL Mod as of 2016 with the CIS 1990 Season, so I wanted to try it again with the 85 NZTCC cars. Absolute great decision to try it again, for me. I loved driving the BMW and then later the Ford Mustang. I didn't have that much opportunity to actually race or finish a race but in general I must say it was a blast.

Then again..who knows..maybe we could see some of the Supras next year..?  :aie:
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 17:37

In general, I like that short, quick and dirty format, some little workout in the middle of the week. It shortens the time till next big weekend event, and a 40 minutes to one hour race is just the right lenght. I like that. Also the mix of cars and drivers and the ensuing battle for the championship was exciting to follow, even though if one didn't have to do with that.

In particular, I liked the exotic places the series went to, a couple of tracks I'd probably never raced at otherwise. Okay, I'll continue repeating to express my dissaproval of Ruapuna, until everyone got it :D , but else, it was an interesting journey to new and exciting tracks. The mod itself caused a bit of headache for me, as I never really got behind the idea how to go fast in these cars, and the car switch during the season didn't make it better, but that's another story.

It could have been a few more rounds, five races and all is over leaves some withdrawal symptoms Wink
And it was still rF, which still gave me the chance to do some races, with my troubles getting more modern stuff to work. Would love to see something like that in 2019, I'm certain I can help out with some esoteric national championships Wink
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 22:16

Well, another season here comes to an end. It’s the first one I’ve organised here at HSO. I can’t help but feel a bit teary eyed that it’s already over, it feels like it jus started a few days ago.

"teary" Sad ? - it sounded like that at the end of the broadcast, but i thought it was my imagination :D

My opinion may be not that neutral - but I loved the championship because  the mod, the fact it's on Wednesdays, that it's Touring Cars and the perfect race lenght  lol!

One amazing thing - i didn't know any of the tracks, every single one was a new one to me, and they all were greatly realized in rfactor and had a good "flow" - so i could always find my rythm.

It was a very emotional championship for me - losing 2 race wins in the last lap (or corner), one black screen (i usually never have) and that big drama at the last race. Just imagine, if i only managed to be 6th or 7th - that would have meant that Jan Titz wins the championship, leading only !!! 100m !!! in 6 Races.  :jp:

Would be great to see that mod evolve a little bit to a newer platform like AMS oder rF2, i would prefer the latter one.
There is a incomplete rf2 port of that Touring Classics und racing them on rF2 with rain makes a lot of fun, but they still are buggy and the tires are just a simple 1to1 copy of rF1.
I have some experience with setting up an rF2 Server and managing mod packages etc, but "modding itself" like creating physics and so on i have no clue.

But even if we repeat any of the "old" series again on rF1 - i'll will be waiting at the start/finish line for the green lights.

Jonatan - you did a splendid job managing that series + running that broadcast New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] 3108518133
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 22:21

I just want to congratulate Jonatan on running his first series, he did a fantastic job and I look forward to working again with him.

From my side, sorry for the occasional mess up in the points and results, but thanks to those who informed me of my errors.

Hopefully this is just the start and we see many more great championships :drink:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2018 - 23:21

Richard Coxon wrote:
I just want to congratulate Jonatan on running his first series, he did a fantastic job and I look forward to working again with him.

Here here  :champ:
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 7:06

Jonatan ran his first championship way better than many veterans, and even added broadcast to the package! My only caveat for another next year, you should have raced yourself and have more fun instead of sacrificing for the broadcast so hopefully you will take part next year as driver also.:top:
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 10:34

The Caveat for that would be two things.

Firstly that I enjoy the tracks the series heads to. I absolutely love all of the tracks that NZTCC heads to so it was easy to express joy on the broadcast despite feeling dissapointed that I didn't get to race. Twisted Evil

Secondly, that someone has the ability to broadcast for me. We've set a standard to have broadcasts and doing the broadcasts and watching others have fun driving is near enough just as fun as driving myself (minus the risk of retiring and not being able to fight for positions) :D

But we'll have to see for next year what happens. The replies to this for now seems possitive so something will probably crop up, just not sure what as of right now :antoine:
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 10:56

Congratulations Jonatan on a successful running of the championship. Thank you.

The only issue for me was that the Mustang overheated its front tyres very quickly and then the car was very difficult to drive. Grant also had the same problem when he was driving the Mustang. I changed to the Holden for the final race and I didn't have a bad time with the tyres and I used medium compounds for the whole race.
Maybe the Mustangs tyres could be checked or slightly adjusted if we are going to race these cars again.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 11:32

Thanks for the kind words everyone New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] 3108518133

The Mustang takes a very specific style to drive.

Back in 2013 (I think this series ran), Marin Audran won the Championship using the Mustang. I too am able to get the Mustang to work well but it is very specific to drive...
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 18:38

I would like to join the congratulations for running this champ to Jonatan! Like every other chapmionship and single race here at HSO, you can cut the enthusiasm and love for sim-racing with knife. And with this approach from organisers and participants, everything else becomes less important and in the shade of great events.

This mod is not among ones I could say I prefer.. since Im fascinated with "great" racing cars, this are, for my taste, too "roady".. compared to GroupC beasts, DRMs, CanAms... But driving this cars is not so stressfull though..

I like Tourers though, I feel more relaxed approach to close battles and I feel more secure while trying to push (my) limits, since every trip outside the track does not have to end in heavy damage and quiting.. and even damaged, this cars can still run.. it gives more room for tryiouts..

Wednesdays are a tricky part for me, this perticular championship went well, but general, it is hard for me to be sure Ill be 100% present.. However, this year I skiped F1 champ and with only CanAm, and now even with no "big" weekends at all, I had more time to practice for wednesdays.

All in all, I enjoyed it very much, and even though I was not so competitive, getting points for large number of finishers is very encouraging detail!!

Id sign for antoher one within the blink. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 18:40

My first full season at HSO. I like touring cars because it really makes possible to fight for positions!! Close race.
About the cars, guys, all of them are specific to drive. Love the mod.

Positive
Race length - Perfect to balance cars difference, tire wear vs speed.
Diversity of cars
Simple car setup - You don't need to be a wizard to adjust the car

Negative
Engine lasts forever
Damage a little too forgiven in my opinion.
Pitstop too quick! Fuel and tires would take at least 40s  (based in what I had watched for this cars) I'm probably mistaken

I would race again in this series for sure. Wink
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 19:01

does tcl also contains this

skip it to 37:00min

not sure i posted this before but
it has a FULL 1991 Adelaide weekend of ALL events
so many hours to watch the 4 parts

just AWESOME :D
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeWed 5 Dec 2018 - 19:29

Matthias Weber wrote:

One amazing thing - i didn't know any of the tracks, every single one was a new one to me,

Would be great to see that mod evolve a little bit to a newer platform like AMS oder rF2, i would prefer the latter one.

Jonatan - you did a splendid job managing that series + running that broadcast New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] 3108518133

I Second these comments

Thiago Canola wrote:

Positive
Race length - Perfect to balance cars difference, tire wear vs speed.
Diversity of cars
Simple car setup - You don't need to be a wizard to adjust the car

Negative
Engine lasts forever
Damage a little too forgiven in my opinion.
Pitstop too quick! Fuel and tires would take at least 40s  (based in what I had watched for this cars) I'm probably mistaken

I would race again in this series for sure. Wink

I second these comments also. I'd even jump at the Alfa again!

David Sabre wrote:
Congratulations Jonatan on a successful running of the championship. Thank you.

The only issue for me was that the Mustang overheated its front tyres very quickly and then the car was very difficult to drive. Grant also had the same problem when he was driving the Mustang. I changed to the Holden for the final race and I didn't have a bad time with the tyres and I used medium compounds for the whole race.
Maybe the Mustangs tyres could be checked or slightly adjusted if we are going to race these cars again.

Cant agree on these comments as I never drove anything other than the Alfa.
Plus I just assumed the Mustang was a typical piece of Detroit Sh!t :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 9:59

Thanks for the kind words everyone New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] 3108518133

Back in 2013 (I think this series ran), Marin Audran won the Championship using the Mustang. I too am able to get the Mustang to work well but it is very specific to drive...

Nah JP won the series Smile http://historicsimracing.org/en/classement/52
But Martin won several races with the Mustang.
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 12:46

Guillaume Siebert wrote:

Nah JP won the series Smile http://historicsimracing.org/en/classement/52
But Martin won several races with the Mustang.
Ah, Went off the top of my head :aie:

Thanks Gui :drink:
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 13:51

Well first things first

Jonathon, you have done a simply brilliant job and should take pride in what you organised. The fact you have also provided us with commentary and a broadcast is amazing to be honest. :chinois:

For myself, tin top cars and me don't get along. I've never had good results in them and have always preferred open wheelers. But that's not to say I didn't enjoy myself, because I did! What I thought worked well was the race length and style of the championship... a championship where it's close competitive fun racing and the mod was a lot more forgiving in terms of mistakes. ( which I think is a nice relief from some of the other mods we run).

The racing on a Wednesday... now for me I'll race whatever day if the week it is. But I have to admit twice in this championship I was very close to pulling out due to the fact it was on the same week as the F1. I didn't quite enjoy the fact i had to practise for this round for a Wednesday and then rush into my Surtees for the Sunday. I like to have a complete weeks build up practising for an event. Off course this is just me and how I visioned it but the last race holding it on a Sunday for me was Perfect.. but like I said I'll race whatever day of the week!

The mod itself was fun! The start of the championship though was hard with the Mustang. Them front tires were ruined by lap 5. I couldn't handle the understeer it provided once my temps were so hot the hud was showing bright yellow tires! I was impressed to see Pascal seemed to tame them however which shows different drivers suited different cars which only added to the fun!

The tracks were good too! Very interesting to race them!

After this championship I can't help think what a 1960's GTL style championship would be like. David and Goliath with Mini's and mustangs and cortina's :drink:

But again! Thank you Jonathon for this championship and I cannot wait to see what you'll next produce personally Surprised
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 14:08

Grant Riddall wrote:
I was impressed to see Pascal seemed to tame them however which shows different drivers suited different cars which only added to the fun!
You can mostly thank David Jaques and John Thim for helping me on at least the Pukekohe setup, lol..
The magic happens when you can make the car roll around corners, then it becomes the best car ever (except in tight turns). But yes, I mean I personally love the Mustang and I loved driving it.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 15:41

Firstly, to the question. Either PM the answer to me or put it in the thread.

On Wednesdays, a fascinating era of touring cars, interesting tracks (Pukekohe is one of my all-time favs), and a liberal interpretation of this particular historic season. I understand that this was not an exact replica of the 1985 NZTCC, which is great! It was a series designed to make the best experience for the HSO crowd, and it really worked out! 5 ~hour long Wednesday races, and capped off with a grand Grande Finale on a Sunday. That's a perfect touring car series.

So I would absolutely want to follow up with such a format in 2019. However, the TCL mod might be a bit long in the tooth. It would be interesting to interpretate another era of touring cars, or even GT cars.

If I could dream a bit:
A 1990's Super Touring championship? A shorter one, like the Swedish series Wink (would require some modding, but all car models and all skins are available in GTR2 for conversion).
1993 ADAC GT Cup? They ran 100km races. http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Zolder-1993-05-30.html (would require some modding, but all car models are available in GTR2, I'm currently working on some of the car skins).
1988 Trans-Am? http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Cleveland-1988-07-02.html (would require a lot of modding, only the Protofab Corvettes, the Audis, the Nissan and Jaguar XJS' models are available for GTR2).

As long as the races keep the ~hour long format on Wednesday, I'd be up for most. I will probably not join any full-long Sunday night championships in 2019 due to my work schedule.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 17:22

Grant Riddall wrote:

The racing on a Wednesday... now for me I'll race whatever day if the week it is. But I have to admit twice in this championship I was very close to pulling out due to the fact it was on the same week as the F1. I didn't quite enjoy the fact i had to practise for this round for a Wednesday and then rush into my Surtees for the Sunday. I like to have a complete weeks build up practising for an event. Off course this is just me and how I visioned it but the last race holding it on a Sunday for me was Perfect.. but like I said I'll race whatever day of the week!

Wednesday racing was a challenge for me also but for opposite reason. I often had no time to practice for a Wednesday event, and was lucky that I had some vacation days saved up at work so I could get out early and join you guys. :spy:
No complaints though. It's good to mix up the schedule, it's helps bring HSO to people that cant race on Sundays and helps free up the Wknd for me.

On a side note Grant, I've oftened wondered about Sunday F1 races and the amount of practice time we get. What if track wasnt released until Thursday nights? More realistic? Equalizer? or total DNF sh!t show? :hihi:

New found intrigue in touring cars for me!
At a glance I thought this would be like a spec series, which couldn't be further from the truth.
Some tracks the power cars had clear advantage, but often strength and weakness could be swapped several times per lap. Frustrating, fascinating, and really fun!!!
Also Cool to drive with unfamiliar cars,
AND going to all these tracks that I had never seen before, Even if I hated them at times

Look forward to your next series Jonatan :slurp:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 18:43

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
If I could dream a bit:
A 1990's Super Touring championship? A shorter one, like the Swedish series Wink (would require some modding, but all car models and all skins are available in GTR2 for conversion).
1993 ADAC GT Cup? They ran 100km races. http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Zolder-1993-05-30.html (would require some modding, but all car models are available in GTR2, I'm currently working on some of the car skins).
1988 Trans-Am? http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Cleveland-1988-07-02.html (would require a lot of modding, only the Protofab Corvettes, the Audis, the Nissan and Jaguar XJS' models are available for GTR2).

May I drop in some more oddballs?

- British Autosport GT from the sixties
- DARM
- Austrian state championship (I stumbled across the later recently, researching the history of individual GTO's and still try to find some more material on that)

Should be managable via HistoriX Smile I'm working on some stuff, but not much to present, yet...
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeThu 6 Dec 2018 - 19:35

We have limited resources and are busy with modding stuff for next year, but once thing you guys can do is look back in the archives and see championships we did with TCL in previous years. Many of the current drivers were not here back then so you can say if something there has appeal for you to give Jonatan ideas. Those series have the advantage of being turn-key with all admin stuff already created (Databases, side pics, etc) Smile
Back to top Go down
Filippo Marazzi
Club Driver
Filippo Marazzi

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2018 - 12:38

All was great Jonatan :clap:

...for the future Wednesday
...maybe TCL WTCC 87 rf1 or there is a conversion for AMS also
...on Spa, Nurburgring, Bathrust....
...format 1h 20' race with one pit stop mandatory

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]   New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Zealand Touring Car Championship 1985 Ending Thoughts [Poll]
Page 1 of 1