Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]

Go down 
+25
Jan Kowalski
Jonatan Acerclinth
Axel Putra
Brian Janik
Mick Chapman
David Jaques
Dave Miller
Alberto Ibañez
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Anders Nilsson
Thiago Canola
Gérard Ryon
Adam Hackman
Juha Bos
Raymond Riddall
Jason Fitch
Jason White
Jason Whited
David Sabre
Richard Wilks
Grant Riddall
Pascal Mikula
Bruno Chacon
David Jundt
Richard Coxon
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Sep 2019 - 21:25

Again, as with the F3 race @ Mallory Park, I can only tentatively say I will be present. If there is some-one chomping at the bit for a Penske ride, I'd willingly stand aside.

Apparently, trying different power-cables, I had the correct one all the time,(the only one that has a Logitech logo on it...duh) but did not seem to fit "firmly"....that just leaves the ethernet issue.

I have made little progress in resetting up my rig due to major distractions...my house is upside-down, inside out....
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Sep 2019 - 0:57

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Axel Putra
Club Driver
Axel Putra

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2015-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Sep 2019 - 3:12

First of all, I'm sorry about my comments 2 years ago about this track missing from 1988 CART calendar. Right now, I love driving this little track Embarassed Good job guys!
Back to top Go down
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Club Driver
Cezariusz Czlapinski

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Sep 2019 - 11:23

Is it only my problem or is it so difficult to make the balance slightly overteer in those cars ?
My toe-in is at +1,3° for rear wheels and I don't think it will bring any good to rear tyre wear Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Sep 2019 - 12:16

Very low speed oversteer/understeer = Suspension setup (Or driving technique)
High speed oversteer/understeer = Aero setup

Anything over 60 MPH in these cars is 99% aero, so don't go crazy about the suspension, be sure you have the wings as you want them first. If the problem is coming out of the hairpin then you might need to work with the suspension, otherwise you can more or less leave the default suspension setup and just change wings and underbody heigth.
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 1:41

Mick Chapman wrote:
Again, as with the F3 race @ Mallory Park, I can only tentatively say I will be present.  If there is some-one chomping at the bit for a Penske ride, I'd willingly stand aside.

Apparently, trying different power-cables, I had the correct one all the time,(the only one that has a Logitech logo on it...duh) but did not seem to fit "firmly"....that just leaves the ethernet issue.  

I have made little progress in resetting up my rig due to major distractions...my house is upside-down, inside out....

It aint happening...sorry..absolutely no progress made. dissapointed, but needs must.

Car is free for this race.

DJ has a su.....ssshh.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 13:08

Is something up with the server right now? I can join but as if I was a spectator or something. It just worked up until now, and the only change on my part is that I turned my graphics settings down a tad.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 13:09

Server had crashed for some reason, i'm relaunching it now :top:
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 18:36

Server crashed again, FYI.  May want to reboot the whole smash before Sunday's race.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 18:41

Thanks for the info, we shall do that. Seems the only logical thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 20:51

Keeps crashing again and again.  I Initiated a full restart.  We'll see if that cures it...
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 21:12

Jason White wrote:
Keeps crashing again and again.  I Initiated a full restart.  We'll see if that cures it...

Could anything maybe trace it to the update they rolled out today? Maybe something on the software side causes it all.. Of course that'd be fatal but..that's the only thing that's changed between yesterday and today.

In case that that's it, the AMS Beta app on Steam will run on the old 1.5.16 version so..that'd be an emergency backup thing(?)

Last edited by Pascal Mikula on Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 21:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Sep 2019 - 21:13

Did a full computer restart and it seems to run ok now.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 9:53

The #8,#11,#14 and #55 are now all free to claim as one offs for this race
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 10:34

The broadcast has been created and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2cCirJNqI

I'm down with a cold and my vocal cords is feeling a bit of a strain so I may be a bit more silent than I usually am but I wouldn't miss this event even if I was admitted to hospital, that's how much I'm looking forward to watching a race around this place :aie:

Best of luck everyone and I hope we all will enjoy ourselves tonight :drink:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 10:35

Thank you Jonatan, i'm gutted i'm not racing around this place. Best of luck to everyone tonight, it will be a tough one!
Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 13:41

sry for not "confirming" my absence, i was still on holidays until today :hihi:
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 14:06

Okay I'm gonna pull out. I don't think my laptop can currently handle AMS in windowed borderless mode (the only way I could get around the FFB bug with the new update) so I don't feel safe in my car tonight. Hope I'll get it sorted out for Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 14:23

Jan Kowalski wrote:
sry for not "confirming" my absence, i was still on holidays until today :hihi:

Okay, no problem  :top:
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 15:36

#11 for me then. Let's do this. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 16:26

I've had something come up and I have to go into work this afternoon. I'm hoping to at least make the start of the race, but at this point I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Mathieu Leclerc
Club Driver
Mathieu Leclerc

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 18:22

hi

sorry for late message

not sure to have enough pace tonight
i give a try in free practice
busy family sunday

Last edited by Mathieu Leclerc on Sun 22 Sep 2019 - 16:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffsca.org
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 20:28

Lol
I was just in pit in a 600 sec repair and suddenly connection lost. I blocked the wheels and went into a wall. I'm pretty sorry for causing that yellow flag. it was especially sad because when Ray overtook me driving backwards I had no damage. Somehow my internet was pretty bad. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 20:50

Sorry Ray Riddall I hit you at the first corner :doh: . The cars at the front seemed to slow very quickly and before I knew it I had hit you. Sad
Does AMS now have a problem G27 wheels ? Mine did not feel correct, I also just put my hand on top of the plastic and its very hot.
I could have carried on after a long pitstop but I decided to quit for everyones safety.
Something was wrong tonight my head pig or my wheel :hum: .
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Sep 2019 - 20:54

Suspension gotten weaker since I last race, or I've gotten rougher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]   Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Marlboro Grand Prix at the Meadowlands - [Sept 8th]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next