Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio

Go down 
+8
Andre Lagunzad
Bill Yarbrough
Frank Verplanken
Thomas Cazorla
Sanjin Haler
Stewart Amos
Sasha Sosnowski
Antoine de Mautor
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

Number of posts : 3617
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 0:09

RACE MEETING - BRIEFING

Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio _Mid-Ohio-1991-06-02

Simulation: NASCAR Racing 2003 Season using the Redline GTP Mod
Race Server IP: check race mail
Password: check race mail
Race Date: Saturday, June 26th, 2010
Race Length: 83 Laps
Yellows: Off
Starts: Single file, Staggered with 0.5 - 1 second interval
Weather: 70° Clear, FIXED
Practice Time: 4:45 pm - 5:45 pm (CET)
Qualify Time: 5:45 pm (GMT)
Happy Hour: approximately 5:50 pm (CET)
Qualifying Laps: 3
Race Time: 6:00 pm (CET)
Pace Lap: FULL
Pit Road Speed Limit: none (even if Nascar says you have to respect a 70MPH Pit Road speed limit, you can actually blast through the pit lane at 200MPH+ with no penalty)
Car Setup: Open
Hardcore Mode: Driving Aids Off & Open Cockpit View
Pitstop Frequency: 1x
Damage: Moderate

Safety

We will be starting the race Single File Staggered to assist in eliminating the first lap incidents. You MUST start with a minimum of a .5 - 1 second gap to the driver in front of you . If a driver is too close at the start, or causing problems, we may consider restarting the race. No pass in the first few corners is going to win the race for you.

Chatting

During, Qualifications and Race, no chatting whatsoever will be tolerated. Even to warn other drivers that you're exiting/entering pits, or to thank a lapper for letting you through. If you do chat, you will receive a warning

-Please confirm you presence or absence to the race in this topic

Drivers having missed two races in a row without prior notification in the race's thread will be withdrawn from the Entry list.

You can as well post your pre/post race impressions here Wink

A bit of history : Second round of the Nissan triple crown, the GP of Ohio marked Davy Jones' resurrection. After a dominant performance, the Jaguar driver came home in the lead. Both Intrepid were not far back though, with Wayne Taylor and Tommy Kendall taking the number 2 and 3 spots. Nissans were slightly off the pace, finishing 5th and 6th behind Raul Boesel's Jag. As for the Lights class, Parker Johnstone drove yet another brillant race to victory lane in his Acura-powered Spice.

Confirmed drivers ( in bold ) :

GTP CLASS

Dauer Racing

#0 : Milt Minter Jr
#00 : Carlo Pozzi

Bud Light Jaguar Racing

#2 : Sasha Sosnowski
#3 : Guillaume Siebert

Milner Racing

#4 : free / libre
#5 : Sanjin Haler

Joest Racing

#6 : free / libre
#7 : Thomas Cazorla

Hotchkis Racing

#10: free / libre

Dyson Racing

#16: Brendan Kaczmarek

MOMO

#30: Stewart Amos

Spice Engineering

#33: free / libre

MTI Racing

#64 : Bruno Goujon
#65 : Antoine de Mautor

Nissan Performance

#1 : Alex Shurikus
#83 : free / libre
#84 : free / libre

All American Racers

#98 :Bill Yarbrough
#99 : Jerry Foehrkolb

LIGHTS CLASS

Essex Racing

#8 : Sebastien Quioc
#9 : Frank Verplanken

David Tennyson Racing

#19 : free / libre

Carlos Bobeda Racing

#20 : Guy Pitra

Ecurie Scientific

#36 : Andre Lagunzad

Comptech Racing

#48 : free / libre
#49 : free / libre

Bieri Racing

#80 : Gianluca Desposito

Last edited by Antoine de Mautor on Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 1:14; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://files.historicsimracing.org/
Sasha Sosnowski
Experienced Driver
Sasha Sosnowski

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 4:16

Barring any unexpected conflicts, I should be back in action for Team Bud Light Jaguar!!
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 5:36

Yes,..I guess I Too will be there.

Although I Do need to do a whole heap of practice, as strangely, I have always found this track in NR2k3/GTP, is a Bit like driving on 'Ice'!

Can Honestly say I have Never found a Setup, that let me feel like I could 'Attack' this circuit!
I'm closer than I can recall in the past, but still Not 'Happy' as such,..Mind you it's a track I have not done a whole heap of racing on anyway.

I Know which way it goes,..just Not Happy with the 'Directions' the Car takes, compared to my Wishes !!!,..lol

See you all there.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 11:14

#5 will drive.

i dont see to much chances here but will do my best..
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 22:03

Normalement présent. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 22:27

I'll be there :conduit:
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Bill Yarbrough
Rookie
Bill Yarbrough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010 - 3:23

Cannot make this race gents. I have a family function to attend. Sorry all. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Andre Lagunzad
Club Driver
Andre Lagunzad

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 4:59

I will be there for Round 7. Good luck all!
Back to top Go down
http://blog-of-alaster.blogspot.com/
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 12:46

Six of us ?,...Sad
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 12:51

Looks like only 7 so far yeah, but I've juste sent the race mail to everyone so let's hope it'll bring us more entrants !
Back to top Go down
Bruno Goujon
Club Driver

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 21:46

Yes présent in extremis :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 11:53

Sorry guys... i go on my garden to make some works today..... and i dont know if i can make the race today sorry but saturday and sunday are there only days when I am free and I can cure the garden, in these days of good weather Smile
Back to top Go down
Carlo Pozzi
Pro Driver
Carlo Pozzi

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 14:12

Still not sure if i can race today, i'll probably be back home at 5.30pm, might come on the server just before qualy
Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 15:45

Race server launched Wink
Back to top Go down
Seb
Club Driver

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2010-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 16:20

Last edited by Seb on Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 17:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 18:00

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well,..I am somewhat unsure just what is happening over at My end of the World.

I had connected to the server during the week at Close to Similar times and although My 'Ping' time was Not Great,..it Was what I had been seeing and managing to Race with successfully in all the Previous Rounds,..BUT,..Once again, Obviously, tonite, Terrible,..Although I'd Swear when I first Logged on it was Much Better,..Like Normal, Because No one was Warping During Practice.

Come the race Start and The Bloody 'Tmp.Exe' file Crashes,..(now That could be a Problem here on My machine,..Space related,..Will FIX !!,..lol),..and ofcourse it then needed Re-booting,.."To be sure, to be Sure" !,..lol

Boy that was a Mad 'Dash' !!,...BUT,..sure enough, when I Rejoined,..and took the Rolling start Instantly I knew it was Not Good,..and in That regard My sincerest apologies to Whoever it Was I Drove through on the Formation Lap!
You guys had All dis-appeared,..Again !!1,..sigh,..

I 'Tooled' around to the Pits and did a 'Disco'.

I found that even after checking that all was well with my internet connection Quality and speed wise, I attempted to re-Connect to the server.

Well Each time I tried doing that, it Took AGES !!! and even when Finally In each time,..the Ping was Atrocious and I Rarely If at all even Saw Any cars.

It was taking Minutes to Update the Race inormation and about 2 minutes before even the "Drive' button became available.
The ping was floating between about 600 or so up to over 800 again !!

Kinda makes it Hard to 'race' against Invisible Competitors.

I Have? / Had really Enjoyed Racing with you guys,..but this situation is Kinda making it just a little bit Difficult to actually manage that!,..sigh.

I guess it Could Still be World Cup Traffic, as Nothing has Changed Here, since I started with you guys way back at Hockenheim.

I'll Keep turning up to See how things Go at the Future rounds,..as I Do enjoy my racing and hey, apart from Work and Slot cars and this, I don't have a Life !!!,..Smile

Hope you all had a Good race and Sorry to Reduce the Numbers by 1 before we even got Started Sad

3.00am in the Morning Now and Seriously Awake!,..lol and at a Lose end!,..Atleast "Hogan's Heroes" is on 'Telly' !!,.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Guess I'll at Worst 'See' you all even if Only Breifly or Intermittently !!,..lol at the Next Round,..

Regards,
Stewart
Back to top Go down
Stewart Amos
Club Driver
Stewart Amos

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 18:49

Hey,..the Daytona Prototypes and GT cars are on TV, running at appropriately,..Mid Ohio !!

Gee the Track is Considerably Different in Real life, than the NR2K3 version !!,..what a shame.

I'll have to have a look at the rFactor / GTR versions to see what They are Like.

Back to top Go down
Frank Verplanken
League Owner
Frank Verplanken

Number of posts : 13574

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 18:52

The rFactor version by VLM is one of the top 5 tracks around Wink . Almost as cool as the laser-scanned Oran Park Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://historicsimracing.org/en/index
Thomas Cazorla
Pro Driver
Thomas Cazorla

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 19:40

My :third: in a row but a lonely race.
Only drivers with which I could maybe fight quickly left (Stewart and Frank) Sad
So after the Carlo accident I couldn't win or lose anything.
At the end I tried to beat my pb because its started to be very long geek

It's a shame I missed 3 races :jp:
Back to top Go down
Sanjin Haler
Club Driver
Sanjin Haler

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 22:26

Nice race. I didnt expect 2nd place here but almost got first.

I was driving like crazy.
But i saw that Antoine car is 0.5 sec faster per lap, he had few mestakes but wast there.
After stop Antoine was closing fast. After few Sucessive defense moves i start thinking that he cannot pass. And than first move was in that slowest turns on track. i was leave him room to pass me from inside but i think he was thinking that i will close and cut hit path so I was in front again. and than next lap in that 180 turn he was outbraking me from outside Shocked .(but i have car whit good brakes and its light and nimble, how did he do that? explain please.)

I saw him passing me on outside and that was all.And than I started to do some normal laps few sec slower. I needed air. I was hot and wet. didnt even try to drive behinde cos that jag was so fast.
I also notices that i have some fuel problems. If I continue to drive those fast laps i will be so cose whit fuel. Than i chose another way to get some points. i was pitting for some new tires 8 laps to go to try to take fastest lap for that one point in champ.
I shoud do that in Lime to. I know that he where around 1.14.5 ,I did few fast laps and drove 1 14 00 and at end that was faster.

thats all.

Cya all. I hope that some more drivers will join. I dont have any one to call.
I even more hope that old drivers will come back. common guys Smile

Back to top Go down
Antoine de Mautor
League Owner
Antoine de Mautor

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun 2010 - 1:14

Great race for me, I was battling hard with Sanjin who was protecting his position very well inside corners, and being faster than me inthe twisty. I made several mistakes and had to push very very hard to catch up, eventually pulling a good (a superb :D ) move around the outside in Turn 2. Then I managed to pull away, and win the race Smile

Grats to all finishers and especially Sanjin for a very hard but fair challenge!

See you after the break, hopefully with a few more drivers on the grid !! :chinois:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio   Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 : Grand Prix of Ohio
Page 1 of 1