Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)

Go down 
+22
Michael Griffiths
Oyvind Andersen
Filippo Marazzi
David Jundt
David Jaques
Dave Miller
Alberto Iquino
Bruno Chacon
Raymond Riddall
Jason White
Peter Blom
Juha Bos
Grant Riddall
Jason Fitch
Honza Mild
Oliver Thiim
Cezariusz Czlapinski
Richard Wilks
Lukáš Vydra
Alberto Ibañez
Richard Coxon
Jonatan Acerclinth
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alberto Iquino
Club Driver
Alberto Iquino

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2018-04-25

Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2019 - 14:17

Sorry for anyone y annoyed.I just wanted to have a nice battle, but I couldn't control that well a FWD car.
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2019 - 14:41

The results table Smile
Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 AVNU
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 12:25

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:

Report from me coming tomorrow.

Waiting... :hihi: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 12:40

Michael Griffiths wrote:
Yet again seems like I was in a Dave and Juha sandwich.  This week it was Juha's turn to taste my fender.  

So sorry about that Juha.......just a little tap into T1 in race2, and we were both off.  Feel bad for trashing your race especially as we were having such a tussle up until then.  I guess it makes up for my trashing Dave's race last time (which you escaped unscathed!).  It all evens out in the end?  :D  My knackered car kept going (last?) but I think I just about managed to keep Jason White honest til the end.

Race 1 I had a spot of the Jaques' - twice my car jumped into neutral - the first time out of a corner Dave Miller scooted past (dropping me to 7th?), the second time my engine blew (And Juha couldn't help bump me - sorry again Juha!)  

So, two top ten qualifications, 1 finish, zero points.  Fucking disaster.....but great fun.  Good racing everyone, very intense.  Sorry for causing any problems........congrats winners!

I have no idea how on earth you thought you'd get stopped at that point. I suppose you confused the boards on the left because your braking point was usually at the previous one, 50 years earlier. :rigol:

The car was undrivable after that so I had no other choice than top it for repairs and finish last. Suppose that makes up for me taking out Dave at Knockhill.

I think I just avoided you after the engine blew in race 1, no harm done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 14:48

Juha Bos wrote:
Suppose that makes up for me taking out Dave at Knockhill.
Or me in race one. :hum:

Nah, I am just joking :frank: These things can happen Wink
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 15:50

I was just keeping up with my Vauxhall fender bending trend. lol!

Sorry for that, didn't expect you to hit the brakes again so soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 17:29

Well, a rather frustrating event this one.

Practice:
Trying to get prepared for this event I had a set ready but hadn't driven it for a long time before the event actually got going. Struggled to get it all together to bring the correct feel of the car into it.
But at least I was consistent so I had hopes that consistency would pay off around here.

Q1:

Struggled still to get the most out of the car and got the 5th fastest time, I'd be happy with it in any other series than this one...

R1:

Got a decent start and was able to stay out of trouble.

A few laps into the race I was sitting behind Grant and trying to force him into a mistake which happened at Fosters so I went up the inside at Knickerbrooke. Sorry for our cars slightly interlocking mate, was not my intention to bring you all the way to the grass there.

By that point Peter was 3 or so seconds up the road and I didn't think I'd have a hope in hell of catching up to him but to my amazement I started to bring him in, a tenth or two each lap.
I thought it was Peter having used up the tires and going slower but it was actually me setting PB's which made that happen more, although I didn't know it at the time.

Got to within 1,6 or so seconds when I got caught out behind a lapped car (had the bad luck of encountering it at Druids, the double-right before the last turn) and I dropped a bit of time to Peter with that and then a lap or two later I encountered another lappee and I sadly got caught out again and nearly sent him off the road, sorry Jason.

With all of my struggles getting past lapped cars I had dropped back to about 2,8 behind Peter.

Tried my best to reel him in but sadly there were too few laps left to make that happen.

But 2nd wasn't as bad as I was dreading before the event and to have set the fastest lap of R1 was a nice surprise as well.

Q2:

Got a blistering lap in and thought for a few seconds that I had it in the bag but then both David and then Peter went even quicker.

Tried to go quicker and was up on a couple of ocations but couldn't string it together so 3rd on the grid was my award.

R2:

Again had a decent start but then got caught out behind David going through T1 and to my frustration Grant was able to use his AWD to get past and up into 3rd.

I spent a few laps behind him getting more and more frustrated that the leading two were streaking away but then I got a break when Grant made a tiny error. The next lap I bogged down at Fosters and Grant went for it at Knickerbrooke, sadly we both ended up badly haltered by the ensuing contact, which was mainly my fault.

I was in the wall with a lost front splitter/bumper and Grant sadly retired.

Rejoined and made up two positions but then I was stuck a few seconds behind Cesariusz for the rest of the race. The car had no pace and it was only through pure luck for me that I didn't end up with another pointless score.

It certainly feels like the championship is now over, both me and David need Peter to have non-scores in 4 of the last 6 races which probably won't happen but I'll try to crack on and see what I can do to make the most of the last 6 races.

See you all next week and Thruxton.
Back to top Go down
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jun 2019 - 21:16

Jonatan Acerclinth wrote:
It certainly feels like the championship is now over, both me and David need Peter to have non-scores in 4 of the last 6 races which probably won't happen but I'll try to crack on and see what I can do to make the most of the last 6 races.

See you all next week and Thruxton.

We keep on fighting until the last lap of the last race, championship or no championship :drink:

Amazing series and nice cars :conduit:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)   Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 10 - Oulton Park Fosters (Rescheduled: June 12th)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3