Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]

Go down 
+26
Grant Riddall
Michael Griffiths
Jonatan Acerclinth
François Remmen
Jason White
Alberto Iquino
Filippo Marazzi
Brian Janik
Pascal Mikula
Arturo Pereira
Mick Chapman
David Jaques
Jason Fitch
David Sabre
Sam Smith
Lukáš Vydra
Juha Bos
Alberto Ibañez
Thiago Canola
Raul Jereb
Richard Wilks
Jason Whited
Austin Johnson
David Jundt
Bruno Chacon
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Thiago Canola
Experienced Driver
Thiago Canola

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2017-01-23

Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 17:54

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Thiago Canola wrote:
I tried to delay them a little by defending but not being too off of my pace. They would be direct competitors once the pit strategy started to play.

I was wondering why the hell were you making so hard to overtake when I was clearly faster. Laughing

I feel sorry Alberto. That turn 3 was sketchy for us. The URB has too much push and I couldn't avoid a contact. And then Raul spun you in last turn and I felt responsable. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 18:47

Nah it's OK, we were doomed with a power outage anyway. Smile

Anyways, lesson learned, I have not much affinity with the 956, don't get me wrong physics are great and the car is very realistic, but I am no enduracer and I prefer group 5 cars or at least something less demanding.
Back to top Go down
Sam Smith
Rookie
Sam Smith

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 21:41

Jason Whited wrote:

I enjoy racing modern, BoP'd cars at times, but for me running these cars as they should be from days gone by is where it's really at.  And one won't find another racing community where there is such interest in such cars.  Most (at other leagues) only care to find "the fastest car"....makes things easy, makes things simple.  I don't like simple, I like challenges, I like frustration.  I like to curse when I drive, and I like to drive angry :D

Exactly why I was so happy to finally be able to race with you guys.
Ive watched many HSO races thanks to the great coverage you lot put out. Finally to be able to be a part of it was fantastic. To actually race with the names Ive followed for many years was surreal.
Driving into the night at real time as the lights around the circuit flicker to life with Porsche, Lancia and Rondeau etc streaming past my little Sthermo heading over the brow on the front straight was just perfect.
I was really looking forward to the fuel battle with the Albas but it wasn't to be. I was dying to know if Mick Chapman was burning too much fuel to make it. Had a nice little run in the middle of the race with Filippo Marazzi. Quite frustrating (in a good way) being quicker over the full lap but being unable to do anything about it when he had so much more straight line speed.
All I can say is thank goodness the full fuel pitstop time for me was 68 seconds. As the single driver over the whole race it was juuuuust enough time to dash off and get back to the wheel in time before the jacks came down. Probably shouldn't have had 2 coffee thermos' to consume over the race (hard not to when the race time down here was 1am to 7am).
Thanks everyone for the highlight of my sim racing time to date (thats going back to GPL days)
I look forward to doing some more events when the times work out again. (You know that you should be racing on a Saturday night instead of a Sunday night, imagine all the obnoxious Australians you could be racing against Smile
Cheers
Sam
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinshedracing.com
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 22:01

1am to 7am..... Shocked

You're the winner in my eyes, great performance to say you was driving at that time. Unless you're a vampire  :smil20: Razz
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jun 2019 - 22:06

Richard Coxon wrote:
1am to 7am..... Shocked

You're the winner in my eyes, great performance to say you was driving at that time. Unless you're a vampire  :smil20: Razz
Or a night-worker.... (though that may be the same thing to some :hihi: ) What a Face

Great effort Sam! :top: :clap: :drink:
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2019 - 2:05

Sam Smith wrote:

Thanks everyone for the highlight of my sim racing time to date (thats going back to GPL days)
I look forward to doing some more events when the times work out again. (You know that you should be racing on a Saturday night instead of a Sunday night, imagine all the obnoxious Australians you could be racing against Smile
Cheers
Sam

Awesome Sam!
Enjoyed practicing with you earlier in week as well!

Arrow Arrow  Just watched Broadcast, really cool! Thanks JW for jumping in booth after leaving cockpit (again). I'd be way too frazzled. And the 1st half on Twitch by MGriffiths. Great camera work, even some of the crazy sh!t!
As a bug, glitch report, I did not have a drive thru as it said on screen. Just a fuel splash. Weird :hihi:

Dang, Still buzzin about this event and the Indy500 drunken
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 4:24

its easy to say, i've had a multitude of problems this season. this race, the "stutter" and eventual frame rate reduction to 1 frame per 10 seconds hasn't happened for a long time. since my memory is horrible, went back thru the forum and found that back at the end of the 1971 f1 season i along with several others had various degrees of stuttering, and it was likely attributed to "time scaling". anything other than "none" was a potential for frame rate inconsistencies...

2nd last page of f1 71 watkins forum:
http://historicsimracing.123.st/t3960p75-round-11-united-states-grand-prix-dec-9th

link to reiaza forum:
https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/stuttering-the-effects-of-time-scale-on-frame-time.2047/

its obvious why this event was using "normal" time acceleration, so that it would transition into the dark.

for other events, not time critical, can i request hso use "none" time scaling for as many as possible? i think this has been the case already, i don't recall this particular issue since the end of last season.

--------------------------------

about the race, aside from my personal issues, great race as always, thank you to all at hso for putting on a great 1000th race!

in the c100, we were on an alternate strategy, so while running a slower pace, at the point where our issue occurred, i believe we had the same number of stops left as the leading 956s. it would have at least been a good race in the closing stages to see which strategy worked out. also, i didnt see the final laps, but looked like the sauber and urd were on a strategy to have even fewer stops. would have been a lot more fun and interesting to see how it would all pan out without the technical issues.

in the 956 miller and sabre ran amazing stints to put the car in a great position. the issue we had was during the driver swap, at the point of change of control the game crashed to desktop. this potential issue only presented itself in the final warmup before the race. the week before on sunday, we were able to swap between all 3 drivers on the team, multiple times without problem, so no idea what would cause it, and i don't think its at all related to the "time scale" issue mentioned above. just a shame that both dave miller and dave sabre ran so good for so long to have it erased. gutted for everyone involved.

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 8:23

Quote :
the issue we had was during the driver swap, at the point of change of control the game crashed to desktop

When little Al handed the car to me I was scared as hell during the countdown to take control because the HUD started flickering/cycling wildly by itself, messages were not even readable so quick it updated, and you could not stop it, so I was fearing it would disco me or CTD at the end. It didn't and I got control over the car, but I had never seen that happen before.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 10:57

Have you tried using some of the suggestions in this thread David? Some place it down to DynHUD, others just turning the steering wheel off stops it. Luckily the problem can be replicated offline with AI it seems.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/stuttering-issues-discussion-suggestions.1591/page-5

We have turned it off for every race this year bar this, so we will continue too, but if a event in the future requires time progression we shall have to turn it on.

Regarding driver swaps, I'm assuming it is something on your end (Whether it be PC or Internet) and not in the mod, car or game. I say this because unless I'm mistaken, the other David's had no issues with swaps whatsoever in that car.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 11:08

Richard Coxon wrote:
Regarding driver swaps, I'm assuming it is something on your end (Whether it be PC or Internet) and not in the mod, car or game. I say this because unless I'm mistaken, the other David's had no issues with swaps whatsoever in that car.
It started with me in the warm up. We were trying to practice pitstops and driver changes. David Miller was handing over to me and the countdown went down to 0 and as soon as AMS said you have control AMS crashed to desktop. It repeat this the next time we tried. I rebooted my pc and by the time I was back in AMS it was time for the race to start. At the first driver change Dave Miller to me I expecting a CTD but it worked ok then after my stint the change to David Jaques and we get a CTD.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 11:15

Okay :hum:

Can you relay the exact process of what you did with the driver swaps. When you started riding onboard, if you requested a pitstop, when you clicked race etc? Can you also try with another car? I can launch the server for you if need be.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 11:40

Join as a spectator, select the car in the list of drivers, click the arrow at bottom right of the screen, select the incar camera, press P, wait for the car to make its pitstop.

I think thats what I did. scratch

It had worked fine for us in testing.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:19

Ideally you should be pressing P before you click race. But I more want to know the timing. So for example, I pressed P on his inlap. I clicked race when the car had arrived at the pit box etc.
Back to top Go down
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 12:35

In the race when I was taking over from Dave Miller I went through my procedure once I had joined as spectator. Probably about 5 laps before he stopped. That pitstop and driver change worked ok.
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 13:48

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quote :
the issue we had was during the driver swap, at the point of change of control the game crashed to desktop

When little Al handed the car to me I was scared as hell during the countdown to take control because the HUD started flickering/cycling wildly by itself, messages were not even readable so quick it updated, and you could not stop it, so I was fearing it would disco me or CTD at the end. It didn't and I got control over the car, but I had never seen that happen before.

This also happened to us Alberto.

Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jun 2019 - 15:19

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Same thing happened to us. But I thought it was because I wasn't actually on the track, the messages then disappeared when I gained control over our car.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jun 2019 - 16:54

Richard Coxon wrote:
Have you tried using some of the suggestions in this thread David? Some place it down to DynHUD, others just turning the steering wheel off stops it. Luckily the problem can be replicated offline with AI it seems.

unfortunately i have not been able to replicate this offline, which makes it really difficult to test solutions. since the kyalami race i have removed the .dll that dynhud uses to make sure it isn't running (i have it turned off in settings but to make sure). i'll make it a point to put that back in and do some new tests offline to see if i can get it to happen.

Richard Coxon wrote:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/stuttering-issues-discussion-suggestions.1591/page-5

We have turned it off for every race this year bar this, so we will continue too, but if a event in the future requires time progression we shall have to turn it on.

thank you! certainly understand why it was on for this race. the stutters hasn't been an issue since last year and i've been dealing with other issues, i didn't even consider this problem till it started to happen in the race. also, there were no indications in all the time i was on the server practicing/qualifying, only happened 3hrs into the race.

Richard Coxon wrote:

swaps were fine in all of testing, we did many tests cycling thru all drivers. day of the race in warmup went thru it again, miller and i were swapping fine, but sabre was getting the game crash at time of control. in the race, he was able to take over from miller fine, but when i tried to take control from him i then had the game crash. no idea what that could be about. as sabre said, i followed exact procedure, worked fine all of testing. i was riding with sabre for i think 6 laps before the stop (if anything a bit too long but i dont think that would cause an issue).

also had the flashing warning messages during the countdown to take control. i think it was saying the "pits are closed", "don't exit pitlane or you get a penalty" because the time hadn't updated/synchronized yet. so it's like at the start of a session before the clock is running, track closed, pit exit light red.
Back to top Go down
Bruno Chacon
Experienced Driver
Bruno Chacon

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2019 - 21:52

Still waiting for the points for the 5th place in the Castrol 1000 Kyalami.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2019 - 22:08

Bruno Chacon wrote:

Still waiting for the points for the 5th place in the Castrol 1000 Kyalami.

Still looking into. Can’t do much if it’s a coding issue (We’ve tried several other options too) and our website coder hasn’t much free time to look into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]   Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castrol 1000 - Kyalami - Race Info [June 9th]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6