Indianapolis 500 Time Trials
--> TRACK DOWNLOAD <--
--> TRACK PATCH <--
--> HOTLAPS <--Month of May and Time Trials Overview**
The May 12th Time Trials will determine the starting grid for the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, to be held on May 19th****
Drivers with older computers are advised to reduce their detail levels prior to logging on**Sunday April 28th
The entry list will be unlocked at 19h00 CET
(Paris time) for people to claim one off cars.Wednesday May 1st
The practice server is launched and the track is made available to download.Sunday May 12th - TIME TRIALS
have their attendance confirmed in the Entry List at the bottom of this post prior to Time Trials.
All times given are CET (Paris time):
20h00 - Time Trials commence
22h00 - 15 minute break
22h15 - Time Trials resume
00h15 - Time Trials end
Live Coverage on HSO YouTube Channel
Live Timing & Scoring
Server IP : 18.104.22.168:34497
Time Trials server password : hso88The following rules will be observed for Time Trials on May 12th:
- Qualifying runs will be initially scheduled in order of car number.
- A qualifying schedule will be published on Thursday May 9th
showing the qualifying runs divided into 5-minute increments.
- If a driver cannot make their scheduled time, a swap can be negotiated with another driver and submitted to the admins before Time Trials begin on May 12th. The qualifying schedule will then be updated accordingly.
- Each car will be allowed a maximum of three qualifying attempts. HOWEVER, this is not
a guarantee that there will be enough time in the session for one car to make three attempts.
- In the case of an accident, blown engine or wave-off, the driver in question will be charged one attempt, moved to the end of the line, and the next driver scheduled will attempt to qualify. In the case of a late arrival or no-show, the driver in question will be moved to the end of the line, but will not be charged one attempt.
- If a driver crashes or blows their engine in the pit lane, they have one more chance to leave the pits successfully. If a crash or blown engine occurs in the pit lane again, they will be charged one attempt and moved to the end of the line.
- A qualifying run will consist of one warm up lap, followed by four timed laps.
- The total time of the four timed laps will be each driver's qualifying time, which will then be converted to MPH for their qualifying speed.
- During the Time Trial session, drivers may proceed to the track only when called on by the admin(s). In the meantime, they are allowed to park single file on the pit lane, similar to the way the proceedings appeared in 1988.
- Absolutely NO
chatting is allowed while a qualifying run is underway.
- Per Indy tradition, a driver who cannot be present for Time Trials can have a friend qualify their car for them -- the catch is that they must start the race in last place (assuming the car is not bumped during Time Trials). The friend qualifying the car cannot be already qualified for the race in another car.- A driver may wave off their attempt before completing it if they feel it is too slow. One attempt will be charged to the car.- Once a run has been completed, that is the car's qualifying time and speed, unless it is bumped from the 33 car grid.- If a car is bumped out of the field, the driver of said car may get back into line and attempt to qualify again (provided they have additional attempts to use). The driver in question must ask to be put back in line via AMS chat.- At 00h15 CET, if a driver is in the middle of a qualifying run, they will be allowed to complete the run.- Only the fastest 33 cars will be allowed to start the 500 mile race on May 19th.
In the event that less than 33 qualify, the remainder of the field will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis on Race Day. In the event that 33 qualify and there are drivers too slow to make the 33 car field, up to three alternates will be named (34th, 35th and 36th fastest) for Race Day, in the case that one or more of the qualified cars do not appear. Behaviour on track
A few behaviour rules :
- As for all HSO events, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.
- DO NOT
enter the track under a red condition. Application and Interpretation of the Regulations
The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.Indy 500 Entry ListThis thread will also serve as the Entry List for the Indy 500 itself, to be held on May 19th.One-off drives availableTo avoid disappointment, drivers asking for one offs are advised to list 3 choices.
Please note: The admins reserve the right to withhold them from a driver if they are judged to be too fast for them, or if their simracing level is unknown. Full-time series solo drivers cannot jump into one of the one-off cars. Only drivers who are sharing
a drive can pick up a one off car.
#1 Al Unser, Sr. | Penske PC17-Chevy #15 Jim Crawford | Lola T8700-Buick #17 Johnny Rutherford | Lola T8700-Buick
#19 Dale Coyne | March 86C-Chevy Stock Block
#21 Howdy Holmes | March 88C-Cosworth
#27 Ed Pimm | March 87C-Cosworth
#28 Pancho Carter | March 88C-Buick #29 Rich Vogler | March 87C-Cosworth #35 Steve Chassey | March 87C-Cosworth #36 Johnny Parsons | March 87C-Cosworth #46 Gary Bettenhausen | March 87C-Cosworth #48 Rocky Moran | March 86C-Cosworth
#60 Gordon Johncock | March 87C-Cosworth
#77 Tom Bigelow | March 86C-Cosworth
#81 Tom Sneva | Lola T8800-Judd #84 Stan Fox | March 86C-Chevy V6
#87 Spike Gelhausen | March 87C-Cosworth
#92 Dominic Dobson | Lola T8700-Cosworth
#97 Phil Krueger | March 86C-CosworthEntry List#1 Team Penske - Alberto Iquino#2 Vince Granatelli Racing - Grant Riddall#3 Galles Racing - Juha Bos#4 Truesports - Richard Coxon#5 Team Penske - Alberto Ibanez#6 Newman/Haas Racing - David Sabre#7 Dick Simon Racing - Richard Wilks#8 Porsche North America - Bruno Chacon#9 Team Penske - Mick Chapman#10 Raynor Racing - David Jundt#11 Machinists Union Racing - Petr Hlavac#12 Arciero Racing - John Thim#14 A.J Foyt Enterprises - Jan Kowalski#15 King Protofab Racing - Alan Forster#16 Bettenhausen Motorsports - Lennart Groessl#17 King Protofab Racing - Brian Janik#18 Kraco Racing - Adam Hackman
#19 Dale Coyne Racing - TBA#20 Patrick Racing - Ray Riddall#21 Alex Morales Racing - Steve Parker#22 Dick Simon Racing - Martin Lacina#23 Dick Simon Racing - Thiago Canola#24 Leader Card Racing - Jason Whited
#27 Los Angeles Drywall - TBA#28 Machinists Union Racing - François Remmen#29 Machinists Union Racing - Oyvind Andersen#30 Doug Shierson Racing - Raul Jereb#35 Gary Trout Motorsports - Simon Wattman#36 Mergard - Michael Griffiths#46 Scheid Tire Centers - Gabriel Legnini#48 AJ Foyt Enterprises - Cody Luke#55 Machinists Union Racing - Gerard Ryon#56 Gohr Racing - Austin Johnson
#60 Vince Granatelli Racing - TBA#71 Hemelgarn Racing - David Jaques
#77 U.S. Engineering - TBA#81 Hemelgarn Racing - Filippo Marazzi#84 AJ Foyt Enterprises - Dave Miller
#87 Indiana Carbon - TBA#91 Hemelgarn Racing - Jason White#92 Dobson - Columbia Helicopters - Jacob Fredriksson
#97 Kent Baker Racing - TBA#98 Curb Racing - Jason Fitch