Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread

Go down 
+17
Juha Bos
David Sabre
Jason White
Jacob Fredriksson
Alberto Ibañez
Raymond Riddall
David Jundt
Thiago Canola
John Thim
Richard Wilks
Petr Hlavac
Jason Whited
Gianluca Desposito
Raul Jereb
Martin Lacina
Jason Fitch
Richard Coxon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2019 - 13:44

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
What tracks are on rotation on the test server?
Jacarepagua Oval & Virginia Road Course.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 21:44

Some observations from the readme(that probably still corresponds to it's rF1 version):

- The Dale Coyne Car is shown as March 88C with a Cosworth engine, but wasn't it really a March 86C with the Chevy Stock Block?

- The Entry List doesn't seem to mention engine "swaps" in it's thread. It doesn't mention that Granatelli(#2/4) switches from Chevy to Cosworth after R1 nor that Galles(#3) uses a Cosworth at R1&R8 instead of a Chevy? Is it correct though?

- Something similiar about the entries of Bettenhausen(#16, Judd at R12) and Hemelgarn(#91, Judd at R12), with the other Hemelgarn car(#71) apparently the only car that has an engine change in the entry list?

Are the engine swaps simply not mentioned(but do happen) or is the Hemelgarn #71 car the only one that does have an engine change during the season?

- Misspelling in the readme: "Newman Haas" is called "Newman Hass"(="Hate, Hatred in German) accidentally

- A few one-off entries have been omitted due to not enough material on them, correct?

I am guessing that car specifications(chassis, engine, driver) will be adjusted to the corresponding rounds as Meadowlands will happen later in the season than on the original calendar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 22:03

We're not too worried about the read-me at the moment. We'd rather get the mod working and fix any faults with that before we tackle the readme.

We know which round we need to pick for each race, don't worry. We know for round 5 @ Indy we need to pick the round 3 filter in game. On the server you will only be able to pick the correct car anyway.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 22:13

Richard Coxon wrote:
We're not too worried about the read-me at the moment. We'd rather get the mod working and fix any faults with that before we tackle the readme.

Keep in mind that, for example, somebody might unsuspectingly pick the Coyne car for a one-off race(after having read the readme) and then find out it's an absolute dog of a car since it's got a stock block.

But hey, I guess people will be warned before they do so Wink

I just took my time to post it since the topic also said "feedback". General feedback, but still feedback :D
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 22:22

David Jundt wrote:
- The Entry List doesn't seem to mention engine "swaps" in it's thread. It doesn't mention that Granatelli(#2/4) switches from Chevy to Cosworth after R1 nor that Galles(#3) uses a Cosworth at R1&R8 instead of a Chevy? Is it correct though?

#2/4 had a Cosworth all year long, and #3 was always Ilmor-Chevy powered.

David Jundt wrote:
- Something similiar about the entries of Bettenhausen(#16, Judd at R12) and Hemelgarn(#91, Judd at R12), with the other Hemelgarn car(#71) apparently the only car that has an engine change in the entry list?

Are the engine swaps simply not mentioned(but do happen) or is the Hemelgarn #71 car the only one that does have an engine change during the season?

#16 wasn’t a Judd. The #71 and #91 engine changes are mentioned in the entry list.

David Jundt wrote:
I am guessing that car specifications(chassis, engine, driver) will be adjusted to the corresponding rounds as Meadowlands will happen later in the season than on the original calendar.

Everyone will have the correct chassis/engine combo for each track, regardless how we shuffled the calendar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 22:25

David Jundt wrote:
Richard Coxon wrote:

Keep in mind that, for example, somebody might unsuspectingly pick the Coyne car for a one-off race(after having read the readme) and then find out it's an absolute dog of a car since it's got a stock block.

But hey, I guess people will be warned before they do so Wink

Try before you buy. :D

Anyone who drives it knows what they’re in for. And despite being a dog it’s still a possible points scorer (with some luck...).
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 22:51

I directed David to put his comments here, so don't be harsh on him, it's my fault  :D

Thanks for the feedback  :hello:

At some point we will try to polish all those details, but as The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 3108518133 David Sabre once said "Mods are never finished, you just stop working on them"  lol! and top priorities now are other glitches and/or bugs.
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2019 - 23:10

Well, I want to be safe rather than sorry and slightly inform myself study
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2019 - 9:24

Richard Wilks wrote:
Ok, if you are driving in VIR, remember that round 1 cars are for phoenix, which is an Oval, so ideally you should be using cars from road courses in this track, like round 2 or round 15.
Hm ... and I was wondering why I was so slow and fighting with so much understeer scratch
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2019 - 10:52

Quickest way to tell if a car has oval chassis (Besides the small speedway wings for superspeedways), is to have a look in the garage. If it is assymetrical, then you are using a oval chassis setup.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jan 2019 - 10:57

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Quickest way to tell if a car has oval chassis (Besides the small speedway wings for superspeedways), is to have a look in the garage. If it is assymetrical, then you are using a oval chassis setup.

Or

Look to the opponent filter list on the right and match up the round number to the car selection section on the left.
Back to top Go down
Salvatore Sirignano
Rookie
Salvatore Sirignano

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2019 - 22:13

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Oh wow. I only drove a few laps with two cars at Portland and Watkins Glen. This is some seriously great stuff. I love the sound of turbo, the handling (it has a lot of grip, but not too much), feedback, overall characteristics of these cars. This is how an IndyCar should drive. Together with F1 78, this is The Nirvana. I can't wait!

Hi guys, sorry, I'm a bit of a lurker! I can't commit to racing online but anything F1 HSO produces is an insta-download for me. The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 3108518133
F1 78, is that a typo referring to the 1971 mod, or is there a 1978 F1 mod available?

Thanks for your help, keep up the good work! :top:
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2019 - 22:19

It's not a typo, HSO ran the 1978 mod in 2016:
http://historicsimracing.123.st/f76-1978-formula-1
Back to top Go down
Salvatore Sirignano
Rookie
Salvatore Sirignano

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-11-10

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jan 2019 - 22:42

Thanks very much for your reply Juha!
Back to top Go down
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan 2019 - 20:46

The Dale Coyne car has a graphics glitch in the rear-view mirror (real & virtual) (full of seat) when using the round 2 car driven by Dominic Dobson.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/20/01/86/68/grab_010.jpg

Also this car doesn't have the sound glitch online.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan 2019 - 20:50

Rob Swindells wrote:
The Dale Coyne car has a graphics glitch in the rear-view mirror (real & virtual) (full of seat) when using the round 2 car driven by Dominic Dobson.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f86/20/01/86/68/grab_010.jpg

Also this car doesn't have the sound glitch online.

In graphics options you have "self in mirror", which can be unchecked. Its an AMS feature.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2019 - 17:09

The CART test server is closed for the duration of the Procar race. It will be relaunched after tonight's race.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2019 - 10:04

In-car telemetry turned off in this mod? I can't see tyre/brake/engine temps in the HUD anymore. At least not in the Coyne car.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2019 - 10:07

Check another car. It may just be the Coyne car as I'm 99% sure it was okay for me when I tested briefly yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 0:11

Strange.
Earlier today, I was in the Phoenix Cart server.  Did some laps.  Eventually got down mid-ish 22s (22.3xx or so, I believe was the fastest)

Even alt tabbed and opened browser to look at live racers a few times and saw the time listed there.  Had me up around P13 or so, I think.

Now I look again, and it's gone, and I have a 23.133 listed.  
Not sure how that happened.  I logged quite a few different laps lower than that. Probably most of the laps I did, actually.

Live racers now shows me with only 17 logged laps...earlier today, I clearly remember it being over 60, and certainly know I did far more than 17.

Not sure what's up with that, figured I'd report it though.  I'd suspect live racers, but all the other timing seems in tact from what I can remember.  

ETA: Disregard.  Apparently a live racers hiccup.  The proper times and lap count for the practice I did is now there.  
:hello:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 10:29

Hi guys i think i have a bad livery for the first race at Phoenix. Dick Simon went not in black colour but in tricolour livery. The same as on my avatar.
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 10:41

So he did.  :doh:

To be honest though, it's not a major issue. We will correct it at some point, but it's not worth releasing a patch just so you have the correct skin. Sorry.  :smil20:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 10:50

I know. Dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 11:40

That's a gorgeous livery, black or not! Did Simon ever run the black "Luyendyk" livery all year?
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2019 - 16:10

Yes, the black looks cool. But cannot find out when he used this colours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bugs, glitches and feedback thread    The bugs, glitches and feedback thread  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bugs, glitches and feedback thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next