Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]

Go down 
+29
Jason Fitch
Alberto Iquino
Richard Wilks
Jan Kowalski
Alberto Ibañez
Gérard Ryon
Jari Bruppacher
François Remmen
Raul Jereb
Bruno Chacon
Yves Plaçais
Grant Riddall
Richard Coxon
Raymond Riddall
Michal Janak
Petr Hlavac
Timo Vermeersch
Simon Wattman
Jason Whited
Brian Janik
David Jaques
Mick Chapman
Pascal Mikula
Juha Bos
Dave Miller
David Jundt
Dana Schurer
Austin Johnson
Jason White
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2018 - 21:47

Happy with P4 and having finally driven "Seppi's" car Smile

But it was frustrating following Ray and Gabriel, they were so slow at certain turns, even with my shitty setup I was like "nooo, go faster please" :langue:

Good race though! :top:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 27 May 2018 - 23:10

My appreciation to our hosts here for bringing us this race. :hello:
It was fun to get into a different car and I enjoyed working towards the balance I eventually found and the 1/3 or so of the race I was able to complete.

Embarassed pale Guess the crash in quali that cost me 22 1/2 minutes of quali time should have been my indicator that things were not going to go my way today. Either that, or the meal I ate waiting for tow/repairs set me off balance, or something (enough excuses, eventually something should stick :hihi: )

Really ashamed of my performance today. Threw away a prime opportunity for some gold star points.
Problems started from the green flag. Got all kinds of screwed up with the gears on the start, lost 5 spots immediately.

Managed to gain them back. The car was excellent, especially in a straight line. It felt great and I was ready for the long haul after finally settling in/down from my start mistakes.
I missed a shift going into Sachs, didn't realize it fully until near mid corner, tried to engage the gear but the car still had too much momentum and I missed the blip apparently. Around I went in the grass Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 811692321
Damaged suspension and some body work, I did a few more laps but after a few scary moments the tires were no longer quite round. The oscillation was rattling my wheel to pieces and with a final lockup at Agip, I called it quits, not worth the wear and tear at that point.

Dammit! Always something :aie:

Fun while it lasted though, enjoyed having a car that was competitive for a change.

Grats David and podium, points takers!
Thank you all! :clap:

Back to top Go down
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 9:04

Pretty fun race with fights with Timo and Michal. Had no preparation or setup work before, but car felt good. Sry Juha for collecting you at turn 2, i had my left rear tyre on the grass, spun and somehow hit your car in the mid of the corner.
Back to top Go down
Juha Bos
Racing Legend
Juha Bos

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2016-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 10:23

I'm getting used to it. David Jundt took me out in the same place last year. :D

Not a good race for myself. 3 seconds slower in qualifying than David Jaques in a similar Ferrari, I really have to review my driving because whatever it is I'm doing, it obviously isn't working with these cars. At the start I got away better than the guy in front, steered right to avoid him and had a half spin in front of the driver on the right. Embarassed The rest of the race was a series of driving errors of all kinds. Near the end I wanted to slipstream Brian's Tyrrell into the second chicane, where I'd been missing my downshifts on the previous lap. I concentrated on the moment to go left, the gears, and forgot to look at the brake markers. I hit the brakes 100m too late and ran straight into Brian. Complete brain fade on my side.

I've now adapted my avatar, seems I'm well on the way to become HSO's own De Cesaris. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.rallyfoto.be
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 17:22

That was a BIG one Juha! Massive boost of acceleration from that 12cylinder of yours Shocked lol
Assumed it was a brain fade moment, exactly which you described.
Fun fight with you prior to that. Really clean!

Actually good racing with many people today, a few back n forth position changes. Tried hard to put up a fight as I was slowly being gobbled up by everyone on these long straights. Even the draft provided nothing more than equal speed. Lose the tow, and get reeled by the next car very rapidly! Tyrrell could have really used an Airbox for this one!!!

Hoped to to catch back up to Juha's noseless Ferrari after repairs, but the car remained nearly undriveable.
Disappointing but fun run.

Congrats DJq
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 18:58

Yesterday i felt really uncompetitive because of lack of speed on the looong straight. Maybe it was caused by weak Alfa motor and perhaps also due to more wings 2/2. Dont know how many wings used the others but on straight i felt like Formula 2 driver. But especially on the begining i had couple good fight with the guys around me. Thanks for them.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 19:29

Jan Kowalski wrote:
Pretty fun race with fights with Timo and Michal. Had no preparation or setup work before, but car felt good. Sry Juha for collecting you at turn 2, i had my left rear tyre on the grass, spun and somehow hit your car in the mid of the corner.

yea, nice battles ate rear of pack, i thought at start that i can keep with group around 8th position, hope for 1 point but i can not keep behind Martin behind which was great balls of white smoke before 1st chicane and then brown smoke as he drove over curbs so i cant see the track when i have only 2s gap to hin, then the gap grow to 5s and then i did spin in fasl long turn at half of lap, overcooking tyres at end in battle with Jan so in one point i completly lost braking ability and did small offtrack, but then recovery, in final laps i did my new PB, faster than in Q session
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 19:53

Martin Lacina wrote:
Yesterday i felt really uncompetitive because of lack of speed on the looong straight. Maybe it was caused by weak Alfa motor and perhaps also due to more wings 2/2. Dont know how many wings used the others but on straight i felt like Formula 2 driver. But especially on the begining i had couple good fight with the guys around me. Thanks for them.

I figure you had wings 2/2 since you were only one I could draft pass. Must be the Alfa, as I also ran 2/2, mistakenly thinking the overall consistency would outweigh the minor speed gain in the straight.
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2018 - 0:25

was a lucky race for me, nailed the lap in qualifying right when the track had the most grip. honestly i didn't think the track position was going to mean that much, but the way it turned out, it decided the race for me. the post race info says it all, several others had great pace, but were also involved in their own battles/issues. so a steady run (as steady as i can pull off, there were still moments ;P), mostly mistake free, a bit of fuel concerns but those were mostly me miscalculating the laps remaining while driving :doh:

it was a dream to drive the ferrari, both in terms of how it drives and handles, but also knew i really wanted to give this car a go from the first laps when the mod was released. really cool to have this event, thanks hso!

best,
dave
Back to top Go down
Ashar Firdaus
Club Driver
Ashar Firdaus

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2018-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2018 - 1:40

Jason White wrote:
Bruno Chacon wrote:
One question:
Rfactor1 or AMS?

AMS

I only have rFactor 1 :doh:
Back to top Go down
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jun 2018 - 21:25

With apologies for the delay: Hockenheim report is finally up here.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]   Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jochen Rindt Gedächtnis-Rennen [May 27th]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5