Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]

Go down 
+31
David Jaques
Jari Bruppacher
Brian Janik
Greg Hunt
Philippe Martinelli
Timo Vermeersch
Michal Janak
François Remmen
Richard Wilks
David Jundt
Raymond Riddall
Gérard Ryon
Florkin Marc
Yves Plaçais
Jason Whited
Grant Riddall
Raul Jereb
Jonatan Acerclinth
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
Peter Blom
David Sabre
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Jacob Fredriksson
Martin Lacina
Steve Parker
Jason Fitch
Mick Chapman
Austin Johnson
Jason White
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 15:29

Jason Whited wrote:
What's up with LiveRacers showing strange top speed from some cars?

428 km/h?

:rigol:

et 737 laps !!! geek (va falloir que je m'y mette, j'en ai pas fait un seul !)

Arrêtes, Grant, tu vas avoir la tête qui tourne ! pale

Last edited by Yves Plaçais on Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2017-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 15:40

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

428 km/h?

et 737 laps !!! geek

Those laps are the total laps that have been done on the server since it's been up, by all drivers. So that one is ok. :hello:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 17:06

Jason Whited wrote:
Yves Plaçais wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

428 km/h?

et 737 laps !!! geek

Those laps are the total laps that have been done on the server since it's been up, by all drivers.  So that one is ok.   :hello:

Ah Ok !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 17:44

Jason Whited wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Hi guys. Yesterday i tested in monaco and i had a lot of issues which was very similar like what happened to me in Monjuice. Suddenly fps drops from 80 to almost zero and after several seconds it return back to 80 but the car is already wreck. I tested also offline and i have no issue anymore. Dont know if this couldnt relate with the joing other drivers to the server but i thing it dont. When the issue happed i think nobody was joining to the server. Im a lot frustrated from this because if im not gonna resolve it i will have to withdraw from this race because it was very dangerous for other drivers. On last sunday i have a race in automobilista in Marcas on ISO and i had no such an issue so maybe it related with the mod? Dont know.

What OS is on your pc, Martin?
Windows 10?

Also, could you post a screenshot, or a list, of your ingame display and audio settings.

Between those things, perhaps I can help.  (Will try, anyways)

I have Win 7. I will try to snap some screenshots. Meantime i have finded some simillar issues on Reiza forum. The guys there solve this problem by disable FFB or decrease the strength. In the evening i will test it if does it work.
Back to top Go down
Grant Riddall
Experienced Driver
Grant Riddall

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2015-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 17:49

Jason Whited wrote:

428 km/h?

That's the result of going for a swim and falling through the graphics lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 17:50

:aie:

Took a few of those myself last night...usually upside down though. :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 19:25

:conduit:
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 21:29

Jason Whited wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
Hi guys. Yesterday i tested in monaco and i had a lot of issues which was very similar like what happened to me in Monjuice. Suddenly fps drops from 80 to almost zero and after several seconds it return back to 80 but the car is already wreck. I tested also offline and i have no issue anymore. Dont know if this couldnt relate with the joing other drivers to the server but i thing it dont. When the issue happed i think nobody was joining to the server. Im a lot frustrated from this because if im not gonna resolve it i will have to withdraw from this race because it was very dangerous for other drivers. On last sunday i have a race in automobilista in Marcas on ISO and i had no such an issue so maybe it related with the mod? Dont know.

What OS is on your pc, Martin?
Windows 10?

Also, could you post a screenshot, or a list, of your ingame display and audio settings.

Between those things, perhaps I can help.  (Will try, anyways)

Bellow under the link is a couple screenshots of my settings.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198107103764/screenshots/?appid=431600

Here a short video how does it look like. Here i collide after the chicane and fps droped to 1. After couple seconds slowly returned back to 60FPS. Sometimes it take a longer time to return the FPS back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmzW0w_-Rs¨

Tried to decrease the graphic detail, disable effect, decrease shadows. Also tried disable FBB. Nothing helped.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 22:22

Martin Lacina wrote:

Here a short video how does it look like. Here i collide after the chicane and fps droped to 1. After couple seconds slowly returned back to 60FPS. Sometimes it take a longer time to return the FPS back.

Tried to decrease the graphic detail, disable effect, decrease shadows. Also tried disable FBB. Nothing helped.

Windows 10?
If so, have you tried disabling the "full screen optimization".
Even if you had it off, in a recent update it was turned back on when the ability to turn it on/off was put back (after being taken away).

In game settings and such, seems you've tried most of the more common stuff already.
Back to top Go down
Brian Janik
Experienced Driver

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2014-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr 2018 - 23:17

:conduit: present
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 4:28

Jason Whited wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:

Windows 10?
If so, have you tried disabling the "full screen optimization".  
Even if you had it off, in a recent update it was turned back on when the ability to turn it on/off was put back (after being taken away).

In game settings and such, seems you've tried most of the more common stuff already.
No i have Win 7 as i wrote above.
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 10:04

I will be racing. This time I won't make the stupid mistake of thinking my laptime was enough and then finding out I did not make the field.

Monaco will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jari Bruppacher
Club Driver

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2015-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 10:50

Yves Plaçais wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:

428 km/h?

et 737 laps !!! geek (va falloir que je m'y mette, j'en ai pas fait un seul !)

https://infoglitz.com/hungaryeng/450-km-h-in-monaco-according-to-wurz-that-can-happen-with-the-fish-f1world/
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 15:41

Martin Lacina wrote:

Sorry, I overlooked that post.

Do you use MSI afterburner?
Perhaps you could utilize it to observe what is going on with GPU and CPU load and such and should be able to tell when stutters and such happen through the graphs.  There you can observe CPU temps/usage, GPU temps/usage, RAM usage, and some other things.

I'd try something like that to try to nail the problem down as it seems to be on your end.
I personally haven't had any issues with framerate in AMS or this mod at all.  Seems others haven't either..?..

32 bit or 64 bit OS?  (Should have asked that before as well.  ...do you ever get crashes to desktop with AMS?)
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 15:51

:conduit: present, and...

Martin Lacina wrote:

that x8 anisotropic would be a potential framerate killer, i would start by turning this off or at least down to 2x to see if you issue is affected.

trying to run everything on full, with the pretty settings turned up like a-filtering, requires decently high end hardware, and it will be under extra load for tight circuits like mont-j and monaco.

what video card do you have?
what screen resolution are you trying to run? (1 monitor or 3?)
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:05

Jason Whited wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:

Sorry, I overlooked that post.

Do you use MSI afterburner?
Perhaps you could utilize it to observe what is going on with GPU and CPU load and such and should be able to tell when stutters and such happen through the graphs.  There you can observe CPU temps/usage, GPU temps/usage, RAM usage, and some other things.

I'd try something like that to try to nail the problem down as it seems to be on your end.
I personally haven't had any issues with framerate in AMS or this mod at all.  Seems others haven't either..?..

32 bit or 64 bit OS?  (Should have asked that before as well.  ...do you ever get crashes to desktop with AMS?)
I have 64bit Windows. I don't remember the crash into the desktop. In Monjuice it was my first problem with AMS. Kyalami which was native track from Reiza works normally without any troubles. Only a bit lower FPS during start with 24 cars around but further it was ok. Monjuice works well during testing but in the race with full field the problem started in the the second half of the race. Start was also withou troubles. Only a bit less FPS.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:11

How much RAM memory do you have?  

Monaco is a very heavy track, before trying things on your PC I would see if it gets better when reducing details (Shadows first of all) and also disabling Force Feedback, which also takes a lot of CPU load. If one of those solves the problem, you can then start thinking how to optimize things.
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:12

David Jaques wrote:
:conduit:  present, and...

Martin Lacina wrote:

that x8 anisotropic would be a potential framerate killer, i would start by turning this off or at least down to 2x to see if you issue is affected.

trying to run everything on full, with the pretty settings turned up like a-filtering, requires decently high end hardware, and it will be under extra load for tight circuits like mont-j and monaco.

what screen resolution are you trying to run?  (1 monitor or 3?)
For now im using 1920x1080 , GF 750 on one monitor. 8GB RAM. Core 2 Quad 8400. I will try to decrease resolution and filtering. Thanks for advices.
Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:42

Martin Lacina wrote:
David Jaques wrote:

Martin Lacina wrote:

For now im using 1920x1080 ,  GF 750 on one monitor. 8GB RAM. Core 2 Quad 8400. I will try to decrease resolution and filtering. Thanks for advices.

Honestly, with that setup you should not have to reduce anything (especially anything beyond what you've already done in those screenshots of your settings that you posted)

...imo, the problem is elsewhere.

1920X1080, GTX 660, only 4GB of RAM, and a hyperthreaded G4600....using Win 10 Pro here.

Very hard to imagine that a lesser system is able to run the sim basically completely maxed out, all the while your superior to mine machine is struggling.

I'd try to observe what is causing the drops, with something like MSI Afterburner.
Otherwise, without knowing if it's CPU, GPU, RAM or whatever that is seemingly being bottlenecked, you're sort of going at it blind and it's all guess work.

...maybe some kind of background process(s) are starting up/working while you are in game and it's causing it..?...

Did you disable the replays during game?
If not, sometimes that can help. You said about second half of the race it was worse/worst...sometimes as that data is collected it can cause a stutter (but only usually a small one here and there, not really what you have described)
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:43

Pour recevoir les set-up a partir du mod, il faut cliquez sur "reçu", mais je ne parviens pas à les télécharger ?
On m'a dit qu'il faut aller dans PRL , pour changer le 1 en 0 ou l'inverse.
Mais quelle ligne exactement dans le PRL ??

Merci d'avance

Marcus scratch
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:43

i have now powerfull PC , AC is working absolutely smooth on every track and with full fields, but there Kylami was OK, except these stutters causing crash or offtrack trips when someone joins and here at Monaco i dont feel comfortable, is feel like going on sand paper, same settings as on last races and the FF feeels weaker , it is by track (more PC heavy)

what is more and more disapointing is upshifting, interesting that the problem is often on same places on track (uphil after T1, on straight to tunel and on straight before last turn),

i watched many onboards from seasons around year 1971 and by sound the shifting up wasnt so long as 71 mod sometimes need (1,5s no throthle), it is prety bad when 3 times I push clutch lift throtle completely and the gear remain previous gear , firstly i can overrev the engine, secondly i losing time and on last race start i drop from 6th to 14th or worse place (when i didn her in sounds of other car that the shifts was missed)
Back to top Go down
Martin Lacina
Experienced Driver
Martin Lacina

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 16:53

Jason Whited wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
David Jaques wrote:

Martin Lacina wrote:

For now im using 1920x1080 ,  GF 750 on one monitor. 8GB RAM. Core 2 Quad 8400. I will try to decrease resolution and filtering. Thanks for advices.

Honestly, with that setup you should not have to reduce anything (especially anything beyond what you've already done in those screenshots of your settings that you posted)

1920X1080, GTX 660, only 4GB of RAM, and a hyperthreaded G4600....using Win 10 Pro here.

Very hard to imagine that a lesser system is able to run the sim basically completely maxed out, all the while your superior to mine machine is struggling.

I'd try to observe what is causing the drops, with something like MSI Afterburner.
Otherwise, without knowing if it's CPU, GPU, RAM or whatever that is seemingly being bottlenecked, you're sort of going at it blind and it's all guess work.

...maybe some kind of background process(s) are starting up/working while you are in game and it's causing it..?...

If not, sometimes that can help.  You said about second half of the race it was worse/worst...sometimes as that data is collected it can cause a stutter (but only usually a small one here and there, not really what you have described)

Im thinking about easier way. To reinstall whole system. Maybe it would be the fastest way than investigate what is the right cause. But thanks for your effort.
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 17:10

Martin Lacina wrote:
Jason Whited wrote:
Martin Lacina wrote:
David Jaques wrote:

Martin Lacina wrote:

If not, sometimes that can help.  You said about second half of the race it was worse/worst...sometimes as that data is collected it can cause a stutter (but only usually a small one here and there, not really what you have described)

Im thinking about easier way. To reinstall whole system. Maybe it would be the fastest way than investigate what is the right cause. But thanks for your effort.

it is a big effort and then all drivers and other apps, have you similar problems in other sims or games?

Back to top Go down
Jason Whited
Pro Driver
Jason Whited

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 17:27

Reinstalling everything from scratch, to me, is the long way around. But to each his own and I hope you get it sorted whatever route you choose to take.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
David Jaques
Pro Driver
David Jaques

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2013-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2018 - 17:46

leave the resolution, just try with the filtering off. then if that looks better, try 2x.

is vsync on or off ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]   Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - Grand Prix de Monaco [Apr 8th]
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next