Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]

Go down 
+39
Richard Coxon
Brian Janik
Philippe Martinelli
Jason Fitch
Rossetti Paolo
David Jaques
Lewis Stephens
Didier Conjeaud
Yves Plaçais
Steve Parker
David Jundt
Cláudio Augusto
Timo Vermeersch
Ludovic Tiengou
Sebastian Vignone
Florkin Marc
Gérard Ryon
Petr Hlavac
Chris Stephens
Raymond Riddall
Vincent Beretta
Alex Riolo
Gabriele Del Piccolo
Michal Janak
Victor Alcocer
Pascal Mikula
Jonatan Acerclinth
Greg Hunt
Karel Marciniszyn
Juha Bos
Jan Kowalski
Frank Verplanken
François Remmen
Matthew Hull
Rob Swindells
Raul Jereb
Bruno Chacon
Mick Chapman
Jason White
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Bob Wilson
Club Driver
Bob Wilson

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-15

Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Apr 2017 - 22:26

Congratulations to Dave, Michael & Jan.  Very good racing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Apr 2017 - 22:27

Points are up, there is now a dead heat in the constructors' table between Jordan and McLaren.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Apr 2017 - 22:46

Jordan FTW!

I moved up to 10th, but then lost concentration and hit the wall. It took 107s to replace my RW(which I didn't notice falling off at first) before I could rejoin.

The noticed my wheel stood around 40° to the right to go straight What a Face

First thought my race was over, then went around like twice and decided that I could go between 6 - 10 seconds slower, but still make the rest of the race geek

6 laps down, but managed to finish another race :champ:

EDIT: My poor right arm&hand :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Rob Swindells
Club Driver

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2017-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 10:04

A quiet run to 13th, -4 laps down in The Mighty Coloni. Did I extract the maximum from the car? Was supersoft/supersoft the right strategy? Could I have finished less than half a minute from the 12th placed car??

I doubt it, but it was a lonely race. My only frame of reference was almost keeping up with Didier's Ferrari for the first part of the race, but it didn't last long. Happy to make no mistakes and bring it home for the first time this season.

I'm on holiday during the next race, so I will attempt to qualify for Hockenheim... :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 14:34

Thanks for putting up that awesome show yesterday, that was excellent entertainment. :top:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 15:50

congrats to Jason & Alberto for their great job on the broadcast :clap:

so : " I m Gilles villeneuve " :D :D
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 16:25

many THX to Jason & Alberto , i only saw part of yesterday livestream, and yours work is so professional , that is much better than many i heard on real TV stations live broadcasts Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 3108518133
Back to top Go down
Jonatan Acerclinth
Racing Legend
Jonatan Acerclinth

Number of posts : 1837
Registration date : 2012-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 16:54

Well... That was somewhat frustrating...

Struggled to find time to Practice ahead of the event, which especially hurt my qualifying efforts while my race setup was pretty much set apart from the wings needing a tweak during the warm-up session.

Qualfying 1 was a big problem as I had no pace to show and I felt that there were a lot left in the car that I had yet to extract.
In the Saturday Qualy I pulled a rabbit out of my hat and got a 23.0 in without doing much different apart from changing the wings scratch

The Race was a question of suriving because I had no straight line speed and, as I mentioned about the JH25B iteration of the AGS, it manages to be even more understeery so it calls for a tad bit more wing than the previous iteration :doh:

Started off slow gaining positions only as others went off. Was very sad to see Chris go off in the Footwork Crying or Very sad

After about 20 laps I finally found my feet as the fuel burnt off and the tires came into temperature (even the softs were running cold early in the race Shocked ) but I was able to close in on both Rob in the Coloni and Didier in the Ferrari.

Sadly no battle was to be had with Rob as he pitted just before I caught him and then Didier too went into the pits and came out around 8 seconds behind me.

Didier pretty quickly caught up to me and I let him go as Rob was catching me on his newer tires.
Later on though Didier had an off in the chicane after the hairpin and I was able to go by and this time, as Rob had lost pace, I wasn't going to just move out of the way.

Thank you very much Didier for the fair but tough fight for the position, was amazing fun to battle with you and your Ferrari :drink:

In the end though, Didiers' superior engine and newer tires showed as he was able to go at a higher speed trough T2 and then fly by me down to the hairpin and I gave it a small try but unfortunately that was the end of the battle but I'm really happy that I was able to get the AGS to 12th position even though I was somewhat off the pace compared to some of those I was able to fight with in Mexico but had good fun trying Smile

Cheers and see you all in Britain :drink:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: 's   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 18:17

think to hook right on your feedback cause driving the ags with hardly no battles you must love the mod while others throw the pillow by that reason this motivation deserve great respect !

back in the day our guys make the mod they didnt build the jh27 mainly by lag of its DNQ
but ofcourse i was against that to wanted all cars!
and i realy must dig in duke his physics to see if the js25b has some tweaks compare the jh25

but as always i was fanatic when this project started
some day maybe i can get david that far to build them aswell the lotus 2 spec and modena 2 spec car which are also missing:D

now this race was realy awesome , i mean now with greg back  a top 10 fight with all great drivers was immenent
this means from greg to gerard  with a nice mix of cars in between fighting for points
and the tracks will be even more exhiting after this french event!

im pretty sure this race was only the 1st exhting one with close packed cars to battle till the end
and as the broadcasters told us, the strategy of tires will be interesting!

the race for myself was a learning curb from mexico cause i started with softs now instead of medium, and i think Jan did go on SSofts aswell the Arditi lola's! so no mediums here but a 1 stop strategy to change to ssofts myself at lap 40
the reason i dropped back in the beginning was i didnt want to abuse the tires and wanted to find out my prediction was right some go for a 2 stop here , which was not traffic related as alberto and jason thought

but knowing i could keep pace in the early stage i knew had a change to think of a podium by the cars who dropped out or pit early
tryiing to get clsoe the gabriele i could'n get the right rithem to go faster as again alberto said, it was because i didnt optimezed my gearbox for a lighter car  under low fuel wich i had to shift differently as with a full tank , simply lag of time to trimm it out
but this track eat all my time to make it decent for you all and my demands

realy :hello:  to Jan great drive man!

so 4th is a realy good result  but from sportmanship  there was more battles needed for to get it sorry for some who felt out by disco or mayhem but thats racing

now up to silverstone, i need some time to make it a great event so maybe at the latest this thursday
and Judd will bring a new v10 with more BHP :D
and remind you to use the correct liveries!

cheers all

Last edited by François Remmen on Mon 3 Apr 2017 - 18:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 18:22

Petr Hlavac wrote:
The car won't turn. No idea how you guys can drive it.

I can(3rd at Interlagos, 4th at Mexico), with help from FD, Martin and David aswell though.

Give me a call in case you don't want your "Dallama" anymore :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 19:18

Thxs Greg, Michal and the rest, we have lots of fun doing it and we are glad you enjoy it :top:
Back to top Go down
Didier Conjeaud
Club Driver
Didier Conjeaud

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 21:46

J'ai pris beaucoup de plaisir dans cette course surtout avec Jonathan. Voitures et pilotes bien différents.... :D ...mais au final de très belles bagarres sur la piste !.....Je l'ai touché par l'AR une fois en freinant un poil tard....j'ai préféré l'attendre pour être sur d'abord que je n'avais pas abîmé sa voiture et ensuite pouvoir continuer à batailler avec lui :top:

11e comme au Mexique....mais moins loin....:hihi: ......see you at Silverstone !
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Apr 2017 - 22:00

I wish to thank mr. White for very kind and encouraging words, during broadcast!

I wish I could justify those words, even though, I had quite opposite experience, even during this race, but not seen by the cometators (fortunately :frank: )

However, finaly a nice race for me, I really like this track. I was shocked with racing-setup times from Michal, David and Greg, and somehow aimed for 4th place, but a bad exit from a chicane, and with Greg behind me, I knew he is going to take every opportunity to pass me, and continue his pursuit for David, so I used that situation that slowered me down, and made some extra room, but I messed it up (oh boy... :doh: ) and exit to the gravel.. Drop down to 12 or 13th place.. I hade two more trips during the race..

Funny thing is, I was very confident with the car and setup, but those trips shaked me up, and suddenly I could not push as hard as before.. Even the car was still great though.

And I hope Brian is not going to have blue/yellow Camel nightmares, no Brian, it was not deja-vu, it was really me overtaking you for at least three times Embarassed

Im looking forward to Silverstone, but Im affraid Ill be demotivated once David, MIchal and Gregzilla start to demonstrate their bullet-speed!

But, as our local wise men used to said - "You can recognise a hero when its toughest!" so, slip it in boy!
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Apr 2017 - 18:19

2 weeks to next race Sad
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Apr 2017 - 19:13

I'm quite late for my review, but eh, what the heck.

For me, a race to forget.
I had a beautiful start, no wheelspin, no struggles, went from 6th to 3rd or even 2nd but, because it was the start, I backed off a bit to not get involved in any unwanted action.
Chased Michal for a bit, we were fighting for 4th I think until Alex Riolo left the game. I looked at the message box and lost concentration, which lead to my spin in turn 1.
So, back in 8th, I spun again after some laps. I figured I need new tires.

Later in the race, down in 11th (I was already pissed), I spun yet again at this piece of a chicane after Adelaide. I hated this part of the track.
So my tires overheated there, which meant I took the second fast chicane with the exact same line as I did the previous 35 laps but suddenly, my car decided to do a full right turn into the barrier.
So that was the end of my race.
I'm really frustrated still, because I prepared a lot for this race and I had high hopes to get some points and maybe even a podium after I saw that Greg was out.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Apr 2017 - 13:03

CART server is running more than 14 days before race, can we get track too (i have nthing to drive on now) Question
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Apr 2017 - 17:11

sorry had very busy weeks from work
tomorrow i ll finish the track and send it to Jason

cheers
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Apr 2017 - 22:56

François Remmen wrote:
sorry had very busy weeks from work
tomorrow i ll finish the track and send it to Jason

cheers

:top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]   Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - Rhône-Poulenc Grand Prix de France [Apr 2nd]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6