Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your racing "office"

Go down 
+22
Lennart Groessl
Austin Johnson
Ashar Firdaus
Jacob Fredriksson
Yves Plaçais
Jan Kowalski
Karel Marciniszyn
Greg Hunt
Jon Hawkins
Steve Parker
Martin Audran
Ludovic Tiengou
Juha Bos
Richard Coxon
David Jundt
Timo Vermeersch
Pascal Mikula
Raul Jereb
Ben Paulet
Michal Janak
Alberto Ibañez
Petr Hlavac
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jan Kowalski
Pro Driver
Jan Kowalski

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Your racing "office" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2017 - 18:31

DashmeterPro. Works well for me
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May 2017 - 12:48

Jan Kowalski wrote:
DashmeterPro. Works well for me

I'll buy something like that soon. I don't need much info, most importantly tyres, fuel and water/oil temperature. This certainly can be displayed by this app. But there's one more crucial info - percentage of engine life left, as shown in XD plugin. Can this app do it as well?
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun 2017 - 23:14

Soooo, as a married man, i finally started to build my rig Very Happy It's nothing special, really. Just a wooden frame with a table around it. The seat is from e34 BMW 5 series, bought it for 8 euro. I might change it for something more fancy later. Anyway, it took one day of work and it's mostly done. The only thing that needs major improvement is position of pedals. It has to be in a different position than flat, it just doesn't work (tested today at Thruxton). Otherwise the seating position, angle of the wheel and placement of the monitor is exactly what i wanted. All i need to do now is to do something with pedals, make all the wires a bit more organised and give it some better look.

https://goo.gl/photos/dCXj4KNNemM18skr8
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun 2017 - 7:41

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Soooo, as a married man, i finally started to build my rig Very Happy  It's nothing special, really. Just a wooden frame with a table around it. The seat is from e34 BMW 5 series, bought it for 8 euro. I might change it for something more fancy later. Anyway, it took one day of work and it's mostly done. The only thing that needs major improvement is position of pedals. It has to be in a different position than flat, it just doesn't work (tested today at Thruxton). Otherwise the seating position, angle of the wheel and placement of the monitor is exactly what i wanted. All i need to do now is to do something with pedals, make all the wires a bit more organised and give it some better look.

https://goo.gl/photos/dCXj4KNNemM18skr8

as a married man...enjoy last few months :D :D :D
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 19:28

I've finally finished that thing. I'm quite happy with it Cool But i'd like to add vibrations in future. And highly probably VR.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZaBgl7zAjlV6Lh2m2

Your racing "office" - Page 4 B6jS49i841x7ca862
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 19:45

Really, really nice.. you are just motivating me continue with my "racing office" project..

Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 20:43

very nice, congrats :top:
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:13

Raul Jereb wrote:
Really, really nice.. you are just motivating me continue with my "racing office" project

Do you have something ongoing? Would you share it? I'm curious Wink
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:20

Petr Hlavac wrote:
Raul Jereb wrote:
Really, really nice.. you are just motivating me continue with my "racing office" project

Do you have something ongoing? Would you share it? I'm curious Wink

Acctualy I dont Sad

I had an idea to make something like that RedBull racing seat.. but it is still only on paper.
Id like to avoid real car seats, becose those wont fit my apartment interior design. What a Face

at this moment, I have a new PC and 3 monitors, which is big step forward from where I was a year ago Smile

And maybe the bigest quest will be how to make one PC and one monitor usefull for others who use it too..

A lot of headich!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:27

I can provide a nice design I created to make that kind of F1 cockpit with L shaped drilled profile if you are interested. It is designed to bolt a race seat on it, but you can use more profile to make the back of the seat if you want.
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:47

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
I can provide a nice design I created to make that kind of F1 cockpit with L shaped drilled profile if you are interested. It is designed to bolt a race seat on it, but you can use more profile to make the back of the seat if you want.

That could be helpfull, if nothing, to get a wider picture, which I miss right now.
Though, I intend to make all out of plywood.

thank you Alberto!
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 22:51

Raul Jereb wrote:

And maybe the bigest quest will be how to make one PC and one monitor usefull for others who use it too..

A lot of headich!!! Suspect

Thankfully, mine is for gaming only, there's another ooold PC for watching movies and surfing on the web. But if the whole frame was raised by half a meter, it could be easily used by someone else for other purposes (it not that easy to get in and out as it is now sitting on the floor). That seat is fully adjustable and actually very comfortable, much better than most office chairs. The wheel is detachable and I'm planning a removable keyboard support for playing other games. It should be a 20s transformation. So maybe you'll have to step back from your F1 style rig and make a compromise, but it definitely can be done
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov 2017 - 23:00

I should be constructing it in the next days, and will then provide pics. But this is the material I'm doing it from, so basically bolts and nuts to hold together and a metal saw to cut the pieces are the only tools required.

Your racing "office" - Page 4 L_profile

And this is how the concept looks like (Red are bolts):

Your racing "office" - Page 4 Seat_F1

The nice thing about it is that you can adjust the angle of seat and pedals before bolting the steering wheel support that holds it in position.

This is a "3D" view of ONE side of it, there is another one opposite to it (not painted):

Your racing "office" - Page 4 Seat_F12
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 11:21

Mr. Ibanez, this is great!

Do you maybe have any measures?
The main obstacle for me is having the right measures for elements positioning - seat, pedals, wheel, and finaly, monitors...

I was trying, and my daughter helped me, to "simulate" the racing postion of the body, with some coushins, chainrs etc, and than trying to measure all, but it allways turned out pretty sloppy, and I dont feel like to make a protoype first. With materials like you plan to use it could be much easyer, but I insist on wood as a material, which is not so sutable for multy drilling/glueing!

Your schemes helped me in some thinkins, though..

thank you!

office
Your racing "office" - Page 4 Office1
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 11:33

Alberto, that is a nice concept, minimalistic and elegant. But i see some issues...

First, it is inspired by RedBull Seat, but there's one major difference. RB has a central pilar for the wheel, while you have the supports on the side. What i'm saying is that you can roll out sideways from RB, but you won't be able to do that with your setup. You'll have to slide your body backwards and lean on the seat on order to pull your legs out. And as you have it planned, the whole rig will roll over. IMO it needs a support to avoid that, like a dragster Wink

First and a half, as it's also related to getting in and out. I'd move the wheel support back and use a T-shaped desk, so that it sticks out. As i see it now, you simply would't get your knees in there. Not very well described, i'll post a picture of what i mean later today.

And second, i'd definitely prefer wood over these metal L profiles. Wood is easier to work with, it's easier to make additional changes if needed, it looks better (just my opinion, as you can paint/customize it) and most importantly, i believe it profides better stability and stiffness of the construction. That "table" of mine was very solid, then i strenghtened it with a heavy duty 15/10cm metal L profile and it's rock-solid now. With those profiles, nuts and bolts and all that non-stop movement while driving, i'm not sure it would last without constant tightening.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 11:38

You can do the structure in drilled metal like I showed, and then use thin wooden panels to cover the outside and paint/decorate it. Smile 

Quote :
The main obstacle for me is having the right measures for elements positioning - seat, pedals, wheel, and finaly, monitors...

I was trying, and my daughter helped me, to "simulate" the racing postion of the body, with some coushins, chainrs etc, and than trying to measure all, but it allways turned out pretty sloppy, and I dont feel like to make a protoype first.

The good thing about my design is that you cut it only as you progress, so it is easy to have it suit you.

First you place the lower rails without cutting, and bolt the seat support (rear arms) with your seat (1). You set then the angle of the seat you like. Next you bolt the pedal arms, trying different distances and angles until you find what you like (2). Then you cut the excess (3).

Your racing "office" - Page 4 F1_seat_build

Also, if you look at the design you will notice that the steering support locks it, but if you don't have it installed, the frame is articulated and will move the angle of seat and pedals in paralell forward or backwards. You can that way find the angle you prefer best, and then bolt the steering arm that locks it in place.

Your racing "office" - Page 4 F1_seat
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 11:42

Quote :
What i'm saying is that you can roll out sideways from RB, but you won't be able to do that with your setup. You'll have to slide your body backwards and lean on the seat on order to pull your legs out.

No, the steering wheel support is angled from the front to you, so you can raise your leg in direction of your chest and move it sideways to step out. It is a bit tight indeed, but you can do it.

Quote :
And as you have it planned, the whole rig will roll over. IMO it needs a support to avoid that, like a dragster

I already though of that, the arms that go to the ground have the L oriented outwards, and if it is sill unstable I would add cross members front and rear to provide a wider base.

Quote :
i believe it profides better stability and stiffness of the construction

Initially yes, but bolts and nuts that go through it will with time cause loose play. It also is much heavier.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 13:08

I see you have it planned properly. Looking forward to some pictures Smile  Just one remark regarding finding the perfect driving position. It's a delicate thing. My initial plan was decent, but it needed minor adjustments. So minor, like lowering the wheel base by 2,5cm, adjusting the angle by close to nothing, moving pedals by 3cm... Yet it really made a big difference. And the last advice  - move the monitor as close to the wheel as possible. Having it even 20cm, let alone one meter away from the wheel base kills the immersion. It's a very frequent mistake.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 11:53

Got a request to show my cockpit and little Al's one, so here we go. For expediency, I ended up buying a Simetik K1 recently instead of building something as I do not have the time or space to do the build right now.

So I use a TSW720 set for 360º of rotation, coupled with Clubsport pedals which I recently modified to eliminate the load cell, replacing it with a magnetic sensor as in the other pedals, but keeping the foam/spring combo that makes it feel stiff enough as a real brake pedal. I also added DSD pedal pads and wrapped some parts in carbon fiber look vynil. On the Simetik cockpit I put my Sparco R100 seat, which is not just for looks, but because I have a hernia in the lower back and need something comfortable enough and adjustable to seat in (Sounds like a plausible excuse, at least my wife bought it :hihi: )

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7337

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7338

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7339

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7340

When I got the Simetik, I passed my old Gamepod to little Alberto, for whom I got a used ECCI steering + pedals from Timo Vermeersch, who was kind enough to bring it down here on his yearly trip to the southern Spain's beaches. (Thanks again Timo!!)

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7333

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7343

Your racing "office" - Page 4 IMG_7344

So that's it, now you know how we race here  :conduit:
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 12:11

Wow, very cool! :top:

Kinda want to move on from my G27 and Wheelstand Pro :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Timo Vermeersch
Racing Legend
Timo Vermeersch

Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 12:49

Alberto Ibañez wrote:

When I got the Simetik, I passed my old Gamepod to little Alberto, for whom I got a used ECCI steering + pedals from Timo Vermeersch, who was kind enough to bring it down here on his yearly trip to the southern Spain's beaches. (Thanks again Timo!!)

You're most welcome.

Timo
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2018 - 19:55

great :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2018 - 18:57

Oh, Ive been bussy Smile

Holidays with no races.. what a perfect combination. Even my wife lost some wight due to questioning where the hell am I going to park that!!

Any ways, not over yet, now Im on the v1.1 and still some modifications are needed + mouse and keybord places, PC-unit location, cables, MGU-K, etc, etc... , and a biggest question overall - where and how to mount-put three monitors! Unfortunately triple stand is out of the question at the moment (one of my monitors cant be mounted, and stands itself is quite expensive).. so, any suggestions are very welcome.

Your racing "office" - Page 4 Image

Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2018 - 9:09

Very impressive Raul Very Happy 

With those skills, you can easily build a coffin and put it next to the rig as a warning against further complaints :rigol:
Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2018 - 10:07

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Very impressive Raul Very Happy 

+1 :top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your racing "office"   Your racing "office" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your racing "office"
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next