Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)

Go down 
+26
Ben Paulet
Gianluca Desposito
Charlie Cone
Lee Simpson
Jukka Närhi
Raul Jereb
Ludovic Tiengou
Sky Willis
Juha Bos
Alberto Ibañez
Axel Putra
Jacob Fredriksson
David Jundt
Martin Lacina
Scott Urick
Bob Holada
Jason Fitch
Simon Wattman
Michael Drechsler
Greg DellaCella
Bob Wilson
Jason White
David Sabre
Mick Chapman
Dana Schurer
Richard Coxon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
David Sabre
Racing Legend
David Sabre

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2012-02-25

Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2016 - 11:28

:top:
The cars setting off on the pace lap and crash at the end are great.
Back to top Go down
Gianluca Desposito
Racing Legend
Gianluca Desposito

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2016 - 11:37

Ludovic Tiengou wrote:
Gianluca Desposito wrote:

I recive a stop.and.go, but i dont understand why, i think blu flags.

More surely because the game thinks you were too slow under yellow....I've got the same issue myself

Yep, because im too slow when i keep the 2d gear and i dont stay in line under yellow flag.
Thanks Ludo Smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2016 - 14:35

That is fantastic Jason! Really great  Very Happy 

Stick it on the HSO Channel  :top:

I imagine it would be great to have some of those types of videos for the F1 91 races, especially with the amazing sounds and standing stars.
Back to top Go down
Bob Holada
Club Driver
Bob Holada

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2016 - 17:09

Bob Wilson wrote:
I would like to address the Bob Holada accident that occurred off turn four in the early laps of the race today.  I have reviewed the replay many times and it is what it is, I hit Bob and put him into the pit wall and into a frightening accident.  

I feel awful about this and can only say to Bob that I am truly sorry for what happened, but please believe me it was not intentional.  This was a racing accident and I know how it feels to get taken out of a race at the start. (Rex Mays Classic)    

Thank You Juha and Bob for your report and honesty. This is a difficult mod. And a lot of us were rookies at the start of the season.  Thanks to the people behind the scenes who administered this season. And congratulations to the Points leader and all finishers.  I hope it isn’t too long before we get another chance to do it all again. I look forward to the next Champ car season.
Back to top Go down
Greg DellaCella
Club Driver
Greg DellaCella

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2016 - 1:23

Michael Drechsler wrote:
Now what a waste of time and effort... Sad

Greg Dellacella passed me, but then lost his rear coming out of the last turn, hit the pitwall and pushed me into the same, too.

Michael, sorry about the contact so early in the race. Dopey move on my part, just found myself on the outside going too fast.

I want to thank the organizors for putting together a great series. Kinda sad that I didn't come across it earlier in the year, only two starts and it's over. Congrats to the champion and look forward to racing with the HSO next year.
Back to top Go down
Michael Drechsler
Pro Driver
Michael Drechsler

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2016-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2016 - 18:20

Greg Dellacella wrote:
Michael Drechsler wrote:
Now what a waste of time and effort... Sad

Greg Dellacella passed me, but then lost his rear coming out of the last turn, hit the pitwall and pushed me into the same, too.

Michael, sorry about the contact so early in the race. Dopey move on my part, just found myself on the outside going too fast.
[...]

No problem, such things happen. I'm actually more upset about the fact I lost my rhythm that much so you had a chance to attack me like that on the outside Wink
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2016 - 23:55

It's late, but here's my race.....

It was disappointing and it started in Qualifying. The back end broke lose coming to end my first lap and I tagged the pitwall just before the Start line. I still managed a 25.8xx. But that frustrated me more than anything else, if I had NOT hit the wall It would've been a 25.5 or .6 and I would've been much farther up the field.

At the start Bob Holada went left slightly, I saw a gap between him and the wall and I went for it, as soon as my nose got up to his rear wing I saw the front end start to swing my direction and his motor start revving, so I backed out but it was too late. I managed to catch his rear tires enough that he was turned into the wall. For that I do apologize Bob, I'd like to quote Senna here, but I won't, it was too early for me to be trying something like that. After that I tried to settle in and was actually slowly moving up, when I saw Martin turn sideways and head for the wall, I slipped by him but in my rear view all I saw was black smoke and parts exploding out of it. When I Came back around the front straight looked like a junkyard.

As the race went back to green I settled in again and was running decent, I was just having some occasional issues with the car getting a bit squirrely here and there, but no big deal. At some point as I was in Turn 2 the back end just snappped around me and I opted to just let it go into the infield to pull the caution and not hit anything, surprisingly no caution came, but I kept it rolling and rejoined by myself about half way between the pack and the leaders. I then began running down the back of the field and trying to get away from the ever closing leaders and hoping for a caution before David caught me. He finally caught up to me just as I caught up to Lee, I came out of 2 just fine and down the back stretch with no problems, Lee pulled over to let me have the inside and I looked in my mirror in time to see David clobber the Turn 3 wall. A few laps later David Sabre finally managed to lap me and then Wilks closed up, but he couldn't get around me. I seemed to be faster then him in the turns and I was still running down cars for position so I Wasn't going to just pull over and lose my advantage to those guys. He was faster on the straights but I Was fast enough through the Corners that he could never really get up to make the pass going into any of the turns. that is, until I screwed up going into 1 and he finally got by. I then managed to spin it off of turn 4 and nosed into the inside wall and brought out the caution. After repairing I was just focused on finishing and trying to gain what few positions I could, however once again In turn 2 for no reason, the back end just snapped on me. I again let it slide into the infield and kept rolling, and again No Caution. Two cautions later We restarted and one of the Foyt powered cars came barging through the field going into Turn 1, the next time by I was passing Jason on the inside of 1 and 2, when it AGAIN just snapped on me for no reason, this time I tried to save it, and it hooked and I went head on into and through the outside wall and began flipping through the outfield. The car finally stopped, on it's lid, at the access road onto the track, and like the previous 2 times before, there was NO CAUTION! I waited long enough to see that it wasn't going to flip itself over and then left.

All in all, a frustrating end to what was a frustrating season wherein I probably should've won at least 2 races and managed to lose them to my own stupidity. Overall, for the most part, the Season was fun, I had some GREAT battles with Dana and Alberto and Scott but, for a season wher eI Spent the bulk of it in Bobby Unser's car, I had a VERY Bobby Unser like season. A very fast car with not very many decent finishes. thanks to Jason and Richard and Alberto for putting this on and for David Sabre and Co. for a GREAT mod from a FANTASTIC time. I will drop this subtle hint that you do have the bulk of the field for next few years of USAC racing, so you'd only need to model a few new cars for the 74, 75, and 76 seasons.....

Looking forward to the 88 CART season, where I hope to be a force to reckon with on the Ovals. :conduit: :yaa:
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 17:09

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
Jason White wrote:
Tried a little experiment.. the first few laps of the race viewed from the stands, as if from the point of view of a racing fan.

Looks great, fantastic idea Very Happy :top:

yeah this is very nice
hope the broadcasters bring those cam angles to the '91 and 88cart season next year
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 17:48

If the track has the cameras in place, we will do it. But remember, we need the camera to be there already. study
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 17:56

ah

I assign hotkeys to my keyboard so i can swarm at all over the places where i want, up, down, low, high, strafe,  you can even reach the zeppelin if you want! :D
its all in the  keysettings menu ingame

however i saw your broadcast are in only 480p can you guys reach HD 720 at least?
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 18:02

François Remmen wrote:
can you guys reach HD 720 at least?

My broadcasts of F1 1991 will be 1080p
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Dec 2016 - 18:03

François Remmen wrote:
however i saw your broadcast are in only 480p can you guys reach HD 720 at least?
If you come to install the optical fiber in my street, I promise you that I will broadcast in 720, and even in 1080. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Feb 2019 - 15:26

The results table Smile
Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 S5i8
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Feb 2019 - 18:53

You have a doctor grade in archeology, don't you?  :D
Back to top Go down
Lukáš Vydra
Experienced Driver
Lukáš Vydra

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2018-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2019 - 13:54

Alberto Ibañez wrote:
You have a doctor grade in archeology, don't you?  :D
Almost :rigol: No, I just love stats and tables :regl:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)   Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 16 - Phoenix (Dec 18th)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6