Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)

Go down 
+35
Jean-Marie Placais
David Jaques
Petr Hlavac
Matt Geddes
Mick Chapman
Jason Fitch
Philippe Martinelli
Alberto Ibañez
Vincent Beretta
Gérard Ryon
Pascal Mikula
Didier Conjeaud
Raymond Riddall
Yves Plaçais
Paulo Rodrigues
Greg Hunt
Jonatan Acerclinth
Emil Gersak
Steve Parker
Roman Koranda
Jacob Fredriksson
Richard Coxon
David Sabre
Raul Jereb
Jan Kowalski
Matthias Weber
Simon Wattman
Martin Lacina
Miroslav Havlík
Mike Becnel
Michal Janak
Dana Schurer
Glenn Corliss
Emmanuel Haas
Jason White
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2016 - 23:25

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar 2016 - 23:28

Were there more one-off cars than at the previous rounds? Would it actually be possible to increase the number of cars(36) on the server?

I am curious as to why I couldn't get back in the server. By logic, specators shouldn't contribute to the number, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 0:18

I'm watching the TV coverage. First, i really like the reminder of Brussels attacks. Second, you handled the confusing situation with triple restart brilliantly. Third, you guys are getting better and better with each race, you keep the conversation flowing, it's just a pleasure to listen to you :top: Fourth, i love all the graphics (real onboards, screen with championship standings...). Fifth, your analysis of what's going through driver's mind is spot on  Wink There's so much to praise!  There's just one thing...

You miss quite a lot of action at the track and inform about events after it's all over. I watched the replays of touring cars at Misano which use the director plugin and i find it really good. I'm sure you've discussed using the plugin and there are obvious disadvantages (camera switches to different car and interrupts your commentary/topic of discussion). On the other hand, the plugin ensures that all major events are covered, which is probably the weakest link of your live coverages. I realize that it would be a major challenge to adjust your style to an automatic director, but it might be worth to give it a try. Maybe combine manual director for opening laps and switch to automatic later, when things calm down a little.  

Please don't take it as a criticism, i love your work and it's a huge added value to already brilliant HSO  :top:

Last edited by Petr Hlavac on Mon 28 Mar 2016 - 1:01; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 0:24

Screenies up 

http://historicsimracing.org/en/resultatscourse/1137

David, from what I understand, spectators should not count as drivers. All the same, I will look into increasing the server limit.
Back to top Go down
Petr Hlavac
Pro Driver
Petr Hlavac

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2015-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 0:31

Jason White wrote:
Screenies up 

Awesome stuff :top:
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 0:59

Thanks Petr Smile

The reason why we are weary of using the plugin is that we can't comment what its happening with it at the moment, because the stream is delayed in relation to the real action. I noticed that some leagues are able to use it and still comment in real time, but i honestly dont know how they are doing, or if its even possible with me and Alberto being away from the computer that is broadcasting wich is Ben's. Also one think i dislike a bit about the auto is that it cuts away from the action in the worst moments many times Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 1:02

Just one of many great shots by Ben during the broadcast!  Great direction and commentary guys!!

Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 YeR7t3
Back to top Go down
Richard Wilks
Racing Legend
Richard Wilks

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 1:03

Damn! Well caught Jason, Ben is getting really good at this! :frank:
Back to top Go down
Jason Fitch
Pro Driver
Jason Fitch

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 2:03

Richard Wilks wrote:
Thanks Petr Smile
Also one think i dislike a bit about the auto is that it cuts away from the action in the worst moments many times Rolling Eyes

So it's just like a real life director of a race broadcast lol!
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 2:12

Pascal's reaction to the botched first start at 1:36:51  :rigol:

Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 2:54

LOL..."OK"
Back to top Go down
Jukka Närhi
Racing Legend
Jukka Närhi

Number of posts : 1905
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 5:57

Jason Fitch wrote:
Richard Wilks wrote:
Thanks Petr Smile
Also one think i dislike a bit about the auto is that it cuts away from the action in the worst moments many times Rolling Eyes

So it's just like a real life director of a race broadcast lol!

It's realism that we all strive for :D
Back to top Go down
Michal Janak
Racing Legend
Michal Janak

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 6:52

Jason White wrote:

all the graphical stuf on screen lookes lika Houston NASA centre
Back to top Go down
Matthias Weber
Pro Driver
Matthias Weber

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2013-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 9:15

Michal Janak wrote:

Hehe, looks really like 1978....

Nice how he is complaining about the second restart, even if he caused the crash which lead to the restart :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wud-ev.de
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 9:55

Michal Janak wrote:

+ 1 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  WTF how you can drive with all this information on your screem ???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 10:00

Quote :
There's just one thing...

You miss quite a lot of action at the track and inform about events after it's all over.

Yes, we know that. The problem, as Richard already explained, is that we don't see what Ben is broadcasting to the spectators. If we watch the broadcast from the spectator point of view and try to commentate it on the fly, we would quickly get out of sync with Ben, because he would be managing the cameras several seconds before we comment, so we can't ask him to follow one driver or the other. There would be no interaction between him and us. You guys can't see it, but how we work is more or less like this:

- Richard is the one who does the play by play and he is mostly watching and narrating the action shown by Ben
- I continuously monitor the laptime tables and cars that are out of camera, looking for interesting action to focus on, and add comments from the technical or psycological aspect. If I find something I point it to Ben and we move there.
- Ben sets the cameras on whatever action we ask him to focus, and makes all those wonderful shots and angles. When the action is less frantic or we are commentating other stuff, he also monitors laptimes and looks for action that is out of camera.

Of course this is not a clear cut and Richard also does some of what I do and vice-versa, but that's loosely how we work.

So the problem is that, if we just watch the same broadcast as the public, while we would certainly be completely on sync with the spectators, we would overload Ben with the task of monitoring himself all the action, manage the cameras, and check the laptimes. And our own commentary would be less interesting because we would not be in touch with the whole race, but just with the isolated actions shown every moment at the screen. Part of the interest of the commentary is that we are actually keeping the public updated on everything that is happening everywhere (Well that's the idea, we are not always able to do that when there is lots of action) and allow them to experience the race as a whole, beyond the limited part seen in the image.

We will anyway try to find ways to sync things better :hum:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 10:12

soirée sympa hier soir . :first:

well done Petr :top: and all finishers .

grats to Richard , Alberto and my dear Ben for the broadcast :clap:  ( j ai bien aime l incrustation du petit reportage sur l introduction de la lotus 79 et Colin Chapman ) ca devient de plus en plus professionnel votre affaire la :top:
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 10:18

Jason White wrote:

Allmost like an german 90ties adult movie!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 10:38

Thx all for your positive and enjoyed feedbacks about the broadcast team. It's very pleasant to read.
About lost actions, indeed it's hard to be everywhere. When I can catch up one with the replay, I try but it's not always easy.

Next step about broadcast will be to incrust the webcams from drivers on the screen when we follow and comment your action. So plug your webcams and make us a smile. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Raymond Riddall
Experienced Driver
Raymond Riddall

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2015-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 14:46

Hi ,This was a tough race for me , just seem to be going backwards with the performance of the Copersuca.
I'm hoping its the nature of these slower tracks, but had a good fight with David and applaud him for letting me through when he cut the chicane, was runing 7th towards the end but had a spin at the same chicane and was beached on uneven ground which took forever to get off so came home 9th.

Well done to Greg, I've raced with some Aliens in my time and you are won of the quickest, top job man.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 15:43

Jason White wrote:

Ehm... I think for the next race I should decrease my microphone volume lol!
Anyways, was a really nice race for me too. Too bad I lost it a few times at the 90° corner and also once almost collected another driver... Also, the thing that happened in the fight between Yves and me when I lost my car was just technical sh** ^^ That happens when you shift into 2nd but the game doesn't realize it and then suddenly, without a warning, the gear jumps in and locks up your rear xD
Ben Paulet wrote:
Thx all for your positive and enjoyed feedbacks about the broadcast team. It's very pleasant to read.
About lost actions, indeed it's hard to be everywhere. When I can catch up one with the replay, I try but it's not always easy.
Next step about broadcast will be to incrust the webcams from drivers on the screen when we follow and comment your action. So plug your webcams and make us a smile. :frank:
Ben, about that, I think I can at least provide you pictures from my cockpits :D Actually, it's not that difficult :D And you can even use it with the camera function on YouTube Livestreams Wink
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Paulo Rodrigues
Club Driver
Paulo Rodrigues

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 17:01

Just to :clap: the broadcasters...

What's the reference of the HUD GID that's beeing used above?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Simon Wattman
Experienced Driver
Simon Wattman

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 17:31

I did a very careful start to this race. Maybe too careful because i lost about 5 places What a Face

After some laps I did reach a car with similar speed(Miroslav) and we had a really nice battle all race long :conduit: March vs Martini  :clap:

Too bad Jason did crash because otherwise it could have been a 3-car battle Smile
Back to top Go down
Pascal Mikula
Racing Legend
Pascal Mikula

Number of posts : 1189
Registration date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 17:36

Paulo Rodrigues wrote:
Just to :clap: the broadcasters...

What's the reference of the HUD GID that's beeing used above?

thanks
The GID Hud is the one I use in rFactor, but because I'm driving while I'm streaming my point of view, the HUD is being broadcasted as well.
Back to top Go down
http://classicmotorsporthub.boards.net
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016 - 18:07

Raymond Riddall wrote:

Well done to Greg, I've raced with some Aliens in my time and you are won of the quickest, top job man.

thanks Raymond Smile but I don t like this expression : " alien " , I m not an alien , this is result about a lot of hard work , perseverance and determination , that s all .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)   Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 6 - Zolder (Mar 27th)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next