Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]

Go down 
+29
Yves Plaçais
Daniel Gomez
Richard Wilks
Jan Titz
Jean-Marie Placais
Ben Paulet
finally gone :)
Jean-louis Petillot
Mike Becnel
Vincent Beretta
Steve Parker
Gérard Ryon
Timo Vermeersch
Ricard Suanya
Sven Selbmann
James Knowles
Alessio Campigotto
Austin Johnson
François Remmen
Raul Jereb
Vadim Sadoshenko
Alberto Ibañez
Karel Marciniszyn
Mick Chapman
Carl Larrad
Jacob Fredriksson
Jason White
Richard Coxon
Martin Audran
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Empty
PostSubject: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 17:49

Open Test Race

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Sebring83

=> DOWNLOAD TRACK <=
=> HOTLAPS <=

For this Open we will use the Virtual_LM GTPC mod for rFactor.
The race will be 3 hours long and time acceleration will be set on x4. The race will then start at noon and end at midnight (ingame). Cars can be booked by one or two drivers. At this time it's not possible for a driver to race on more than one car.

Event Schedule (all times given are CET):

Wednesday January 7th

21h00 - Qualifying (2 hours)

Saturday Januray 10th

21h00 - Qualifying - Night Session (2 hours)

Sunday January 11th

18h00 - Warm-up and Drivers’ briefing (2 hours)
20h00 - Race Start (3 hours)

Server IP : 91.121.135.76:34700
Server Password : see my post in page 4
A training server will be running 24/7 (same password).

Car selection is free

Start Procedure :

- Drivers will be placed on the grid according to their qualifying times,
- Once you are on the grid, dont move until an admin said "GO" in the game chat.
- Then the drivers will start their cars to complete a lap at reduced speed (150 kph max) while maintaining their positions.
- The pole-sitter will have to make sure his pace allows the all pack to remain grouped,
- On the exit of last turn, drivers will go side by side, on starting grid formation.
- When the leading cars will be in starting line, an admin will give the real start of the race by typing "GREEN FLAG" in the chat.

A little update on the rules for this race:

The maximum number of fuel refill allowed will be 2. Except for the De Cadenet and the A.D.A. in C2 (small fuel tank). You are obviously allowed to do more pitstops but if you do more than 2, be careful to not add any fuel (i.e. pitstops for repair).

I will check with the xml export and if a car does more than 2 refill, it will have a 6 laps penalty.

Why? Because these cars raced in series which were base on fuel consumption so we will replicate this. And it will be a good training because for the eventual future event with this mod we'll have this rule Wink

Petite mise à jour du règlement:

Le nombre maximum de remplissage de réservoir d'essence sera de 2. Sauf pour la De Cadenet et la A.D.A. en C2 (elles ont un réservoir plus petit). Vous pouvez naturellement vous arreter plus que 2 fois aux stands (pneus, dégâts etc) mais vous ne devez rajouter de l'essence que deux fois maximum. Donc attention à ne pas rajouter d'essence n'importe quand quand vous configurer votre prochain arrêt.

Je vérifierai l'export xml et si une voiture à rempli son réservoir plus de deux fois se vera infliger une pénalité de 6 tours.

Pourquoi? Parce que ces voitures ont souvent roulé dans des championnats basé sur la consommation de carburant donc nous allons reproduire ça. Et ce sera un bon entrainement pour les éventuels prochaines courses avec ce mod puisque cette règle sera récurrente Wink

Behaviour on track

- as for all HSO races, it is required you use your real name both in-game and on the forum. Thank you.

- Chatting is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in race session. It is allowed in qualifying sessions for technical issues only.

- Drive Through : If a driver has to do a drive through, even if there is no pit lane speed limit, he has to drive through the pitlane at 100km/h max (60mph). If he doesn't respect this, he will get a 30s penalty at the end of the race.

- Shortcuts : If a driver gains a position after shortcutting a turn, he is required to give it back as soon as possible. In the case where a driver would not do it rapidly, a 30-second penalty will be added to his total race time. In the event of abusive and intentional shortcutting, severe sanctions will be applied (up to definitive a ban from the league). To make sure you never shortcut a turn, try to always keep two wheels on the track.

- Respect the red light at the end of the pitlane.

Application and Interpretation of the Regulations

The admins alone are qualified to solve any problems raised by the application and the interpretation of the present regulations.

Last edited by Martin Audran on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 19:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:30

Is there a reason why on the hotlaps link that it shows us all driving for the wrong teams? Says im in a Kremer Porsche but im in a JF Porsche scratch
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:41

I don't understand why neither scratch
Back to top Go down
Jason White
Racing Legend
Jason White

Number of posts : 14725
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:53

Absent unfortunately Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/misterjasonwhite/
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:54

Also is it possible to set the practice or qualifying session to night time, So we can practice driving/racing at night?
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 22:40

Richard Coxon wrote:
Also is it possible to set the practice or qualifying session to night time, So we can practice driving/racing at night?

Yes I will change it soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 22:57

I hope there will be plenty of people willing to drive shitboxes so I have some company for my Rondeau. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carl Larrad
Racing Legend
Carl Larrad

Number of posts : 6751
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jan 2015 - 23:18

Jacob Fredriksson wrote:
I hope there will be plenty of people willing to drive shitboxes so I have some company for my Rondeau. Very Happy
I Will try and keep up with you in my LC1 :D
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 1:22

Okay I change the settings on the server, practice are in daytime and qual are now in night time Wink
Back to top Go down
Jacob Fredriksson
Racing Legend
Jacob Fredriksson

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 11:23

Have to say, the strategy will be the most interesting part of this race. I'm not counting myself out just yet! The Rondeau is very good on fuel, which surely will be a big factor. Tyres is another matter, but surely no car can go a whole stint on soft tyres?
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 19:29

Link to track dl appears to be broken?
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 21:02

Mick Chapman wrote:
Link to track dl appears to be broken?

Its ok for me Mick. scratch
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 21:07

It's ok for me too scratch

You can try here.

Last edited by Martin Audran on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karel Marciniszyn
Pro Driver
Karel Marciniszyn

Number of posts : 954
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:02

i ve got strange problem I never had before. I can join the session online but than I cannot see anything in chat, I cannot chat and I cannot see any cars or track. I can see other drivers in the car list but not me...did you ever experienced anything like that? I disable firewall, check if I am not a spectator but everything looks as it should be...dont you know what it could be? I have same problem with other servers too...
Back to top Go down
http://f-easter.webnode.cz/
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:55

Sorted....Reset Router.

That "alternate" link seemed to take me to Raceo7 version of track. Are you trying to tell me somink?
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:36

Quote :
Are you trying to tell me somink?

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Images

lol!
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:20

Probably Mike you have already downloaded the track. But just in case give another link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bd34xn4n3rs1474/VLM_Sebring_rFactor_V100.exe
Back to top Go down
Raul Jereb
Racing Legend
Raul Jereb

Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:48

@Karel
I had the same problem. Un-check SPECTATE MODE ON to OFF!
It sounds like this..

EDIT
sorry Karel, now I read your post again, and see you checked Spectate...
no other ideas, but the situation looks like I had.
try maybe a complete new install?

I have another problem...
I cant save car setups. Although, I can save them, but there is nothing to load upon restart...
any ideas?

Grazie

EDIT2

Is TS server going to be usable during this event?

Last edited by Raul Jereb on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mick Chapman
Pro Driver
Mick Chapman

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:53

Vadim Sadoshenko wrote:
Probably Mike you have already downloaded the track. But just in case give another link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bd34xn4n3rs1474/VLM_Sebring_rFactor_V100.exe

No was fresh install. It seems, if I dont go to HSO server for a while, my router blocks all HSO IP's (not here though.....?) All sorted now.

And Albert Jones...How true your pic is Smile But my wool fetches a higher value at the wool markets.
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:13

Mick Chapman wrote:

That "alternate" link seemed to take me to Raceo7 version of track.

Sorry I did not check well enough :doh:

Raul Jereb wrote:

Is TS server going to be usable during this event?

Yes Smile
Back to top Go down
Vadim Sadoshenko
Racing Legend
Vadim Sadoshenko

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:59

Mick Chapman wrote:

No was fresh install. It seems, if I dont go to HSO server for a while, my router blocks all HSO IP's (not here though.....?) All sorted now.
Yes, I also sometimes have problems connecting to the server HSO. But now for me this is easily solved by reconnecting to the Internet.

P.S Sorry Mick, I think not quite correctly addressed to you by name. I suspect, that Mick and Mike different names! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:33

Back to our own TS server for this race:

pass : hulme
Back to top Go down
François Remmen
Pro Driver
François Remmen

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:48

For who want a nice sunset just copy these dds files in the Virtua_LM_Sebring folder
24h Skies

result  Wink

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] <a href=GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] GRAB_004_zps66f20212" />
Back to top Go down
Austin Johnson
Pro Driver
Austin Johnson

Number of posts : 814
Registration date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:52

Cool thanks Francois I'll be using that :top:
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:59

They're excellent, thanks Francois Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]   GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTPC - Open Test Race at Sebring [Jan 11th]
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next