Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen

Go down 
+20
Stephen Wenham
finally gone :)
Jukka Närhi
Balazs Kiss
Gérard Ryon
Matthew Allington
Didier Conjeaud
Martin Audran
Mick Chapman
Jef Vannijlen
Jan Titz
Mike Becnel
Alberto Ibañez
Peter Blom
Sergio Mengual
Roy Magnes
Richard Coxon
Yves Plaçais
Jason White
Ben Paulet
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2014 - 19:39

Quote :
I ran softs front and back for both races, Surely i cant be the only one?

Me too :frank:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2014 - 20:45

Hope I didn't get in the way too much last night, Race 1 every time I touched the brakes my car would start sliding all over the place and had several spins before getting a puncture, I pitted to replace the tyres and then it stopped counting my laps so decided to retire.
Race 2 I stuck with the default setup then used the sliders to go for a very soft,grippy, understeery setup hoping to sort the brake issue out, which it did but the car (understandably) was very understeery so my pace wasn't very good but at least I was able to drive consistently and bring the car home although I was lapped by everyone Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Oct 2014 - 22:55

Alan Forster wrote:
Hope I didn't get in the way too much last night, Race 1 every time I touched the brakes my car would start sliding all over the place and had several spins before getting a puncture, I pitted to replace the tyres and then it stopped counting my laps so decided to retire.
Race 2 I stuck with the default setup then used the sliders to go for a very soft,grippy, understeery setup hoping to sort the brake issue out, which it did but the car (understandably) was very understeery so my pace wasn't very good but at least I was able to drive consistently and bring the car home although I was lapped by everyone Embarassed
I haven't seen you interfere when overtaking. It was ok for me. Nice behavior for me. :top:
Don't hesitate to ask for a setup during test session. People share easily here. :frank:
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014 - 8:21

This was not an easy track for a debut Alan, especially if your setup is crap, so you did well. Like Ben says, don't hesitate to ask for a setup, it can change the car a lot. On race 1 it seems to me that you had your brake bias too much on the rear, something that gets exaggerated if you do not heel and toe while reducing gears. Remember to set some key/knob on your wheel to change that on the fly, in this mod you can modify brake bias while racing. Also, do not reduce gears while deccelerating, it is better to brake and let the rpms drop and then downshift once the engine is almost at iddle. It's the brakes what deccelerate the car, not the engine friction. That one can be used as stabilizing factor, but never as part of the braking equation as it will throw out of the window whatever brake bias proportion you were happy with.

See you at Salzburgring :top:

Back to top Go down
Yves Plaçais
Racing Legend
Yves Plaçais

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Oct 2014 - 9:43

Ben Paulet wrote:
I haven't seen you interfere when overtaking. It was ok for me. Nice behavior for me. :top:

+1, Alan ! :top:
Back to top Go down
Martin Audran
League Owner
Martin Audran

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 21:01

Results and standings updated on the website.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historicsimracing.org/
Peter Blom
Pro Driver
Peter Blom

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Oct 2014 - 21:09

Martin Audran wrote:
Results and standings updated on the website.

:top:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen   Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 9 - Int. ADAC Flutplatz-Rennen
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4