Historic Simracing Organisation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Historic Simracing Organisation

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]

Go down 
+31
Cyril Derkir
Yves Plaçais
Mario Gassner
Karel Marciniszyn
Jay John
Vadim Sadoshenko
Gérard Ryon
finally gone :)
Jon Lasa
Philippe Martinelli
Richard Coxon
Yoann Quioc
Vincent Beretta
Frank Labédan
Greg Hunt
Teemu Toikka
Patrick Marucco
Florkin Marc
Abat Hernaez
Martin Audran
Anders Nilsson
Tiago Malafaya
Ben Warren
Samuli Leinonen
David Jundt
Mike Becnel
Ben Paulet
Ruben Freitas
Alessio Campigotto
Alberto Ibañez
Guillaume Siebert
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Abat Hernaez
Experienced Driver
Abat Hernaez

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 20:39

Wow, didn´t expect the appalling performance when race started. Computer was struggling big time with the other cars around. Tried to hang around till the cars spread but when arriving to the last sector it all became a slideshow, rendering the pit complex and all that was too much it seems. Went offtrack, unable to do anything in that choppy mess and engine stalled Neutral
Back to top Go down
Alessio Campigotto
Racing Legend
Alessio Campigotto

Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 20:48

I give up with my shit computer. Twice my game has problems, once it minimises to my desktop and the second I begin to get FPS drops. The first time is around lap 20 on the pit straight when my game minimises, but luckily my car hit nothing. The second time I head down Hangar straight on lap 25 and I'm start getting massive FPS drops, then out of Stowe the throttle continues to go due to a FPS drop and I spin into the wall. I made sure I closed everything, changed to DX7 and turned on V-Sync but fuck all happens still.
Back to top Go down
Alberto Ibañez
Racing Legend
Alberto Ibañez

Number of posts : 16788
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 21:14

Probably the hardest race ever for me here ... blocked by Patrick who did a slow start and managing to avoid the carnage of the first laps, I found myself 18 at the end of lap 1 Sad Started to make my way up and then on lap 5 I suddenly had a horrible pain in the lower stomach. I have no idea what it was, probably a gas going through my guts, but I had to drive a dozen laps under excruciating pain. On several occasions I was about to quit, but held the pain. It slowly dissapeared as teh gas advanced and as I felt better I started pushing and managed to get up to 9th, chasing Vincent for 8th. Then it started happening again, my stomach hurt and I lost concentration and went over a kerb. The car went out of control and against the wall, and the suspensionw as destroyed. As soon as I stood up and walked a bit, the pain dissapeared and the pressure on my guts eased.

Another DNF, quite demoralizing because despite the lack of practice, good setup and confidence with the track, I had started driving better. :bangry:

Back to top Go down
Anders Nilsson
Club Driver
Anders Nilsson

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 21:36

I killed my AGS tonight, my engine blew up ! Sad think i´ve asked to much from it Neutral . Had a few good laps with Marc and Vincent in the race Smile .

@ Samuli u hit my reartyre in start, atleast it´s shows that on my replay .
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 21:44

Broadcast Silverstone
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 21:47

Results and standings are up :flag:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 21:57

YYYYHAAAAAA... a point.... I scored a fu"#"$" point, at last cheers :clap:

Very long race; at the start me and Ruben were having a hell of job dealing with a very lagging Marcus... really didn't know where to overtake him since his car was all over the place, he did a mistake at the bridge, didn't miss the opportunity.

After that was 3-way battle with David and Mike, David got passed Mike and went away; I was trying but the Ferrari was way faster than my poor Larrousse, until Mike mad a mistake at the last turn and went wide. He had no traction and only by a miracle I was able to avoid rear-ending him. He let me by thinking it was safer before things went bitter lol!

After that it was a long 30 laps with Mike always keeping me on check, specially on the last 5 laps, where I thought I would have some time to cruise and finish the race, there was "angry" Mike chasing me and making me battle for my life. Thanks for the race though, you kept me on check :top:

Last edited by Tiago Malafaya on Mon 13 May 2013 - 19:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:03

Alessio Campigotto wrote:
I made sure I closed everything, changed to DX7 and turned on V-Sync but fuck all happens still.

I think whatever reason, DX7 makes it only worse as mods like these depend on DX9?

5th place, that's as far as I got. I was just looking not to get lapped, in the end I finished some +20s behind Gui and Yves, and as Tiago was lapped, a lap ahead of him.

@Marc Florkin: Your lag was terrible, I was happy when I was ahead. Ping 800 gave me scares and I worried about crashign into a ghost Shocked

@Mike: DAT WEAVING. Did you study https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4OdV_Q_QDk too much? Are you... HAMILTON? :antoine:

Were you that afraid of me? You were faster on the straights anyway :hihi:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/David-Jundt-450976341729894/
Samuli Leinonen
Club Driver
Samuli Leinonen

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:05

Anders Nilsson wrote:
Samuli u hit my reartyre in start, atleast it´s shows that on my replay .

I watched my replay file too and in it I'm not touching you, nor I touched you in live race. I didn't feel any collision, but the netcode decided it was a touch. Too many players nearby + lag and this happens. In all Online gaming. pale

Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:39

http://historicsimracing.org/en/classement/43

I should be one place higher with 11 points, already feeling Yves' breath on my back Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:42

Tiago Malafaya wrote:
YYYYHAAAAAA... a point.... I scored a fu"#"$" point, at last cheers :clap:

Very long race; at the start me and Ruben were having a hell of job dealing with a very lagging Marcus... really didn't know where to overtake him since his car was all over the place, he did a mistake at T1, didn't miss the opportunity.

After that was 3-way battle with David and Mike, David got passed Mike and went away; I was trying but the Ferrari was way faster than my poor Larrousse, until Mike mad a mistake at the last turn and went wide. He had no traction and only by a miracle I was able to avoid rear-ending him. He let me by thinking it was safer before things went bitter lol!

After that it was a long 30 laps with Mike always keeping me on check, specially on the last 5 laps, where I thought I would have some time to cruise and finish the race, there was "angry" Mike chasing me and making me battle for my life. Thanks for the race though, you kept me on check :top:

You are correct that I let you by early in the race after my mistake. The mistake happened because I was cooking my LF tire too much staying ahead of you. Once you went by it took a good 6 laps to cool the LF down. I then noticed I was faster than you...and slowwwwly started to catch back up. At race end I knew I could nail you on the long straight if I could stay with you through the fast sweepers after start/finish area. On the lap I was going for the pass I spun the rear wheels coming out of the main straight turn in 3rd (passing) gear and snap steered into the wall with 2 to go. I figured if this happened I would be able to limp it home without 8th catching me. It was a little closer than I thought Smile It was worth it to try to steal that point from you. Congrats on the point sir!!

Were your tires absolutely fried?

Excellent race by the lapped cars. Every single one of you made superb choices :chinois: 13 finishers was way more than I expected. I fried my brakes several times in practice races.

Thanks HSO for a great race, my best F1 finish so far this season.

David Jundt wrote:

@Mike: DAT WEAVING. Did you study https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4OdV_Q_QDk too much? Are you... HAMILTON? :antoine:

Were you that afraid of me? You were faster on the straights anyway :hihi:

Afraid? No. I knew eventually you would catch me unless you were on super soft fronts and fried them. Unfortunately I noted your times got faster and faster and finally stopped weaving. You will note as soon as I did you were all over me the next lap. And you WERE trying to draft...I saw you weaving :D

Last edited by Mike Becnel on Sun 12 May 2013 - 22:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Jundt
Racing Legend
David Jundt

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:51

Maybe I should have taken SS and fried you instead :D

I felt sillier each lap I tried to follow you, but even with slipstream, I'd have not gained much.

And when I was finally alongside, you were quite... "timid" Razz

Good race though Mike, keep it up for Hockenheim!
Back to top Go down
Mike Becnel
Racing Legend
Mike Becnel

Number of posts : 4741
Registration date : 2012-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:56

David Jundt wrote:

And when I was finally alongside, you were quite... "timid" Razz

You were faster, I only was ahead because I finally know how to start the Ferrari like a rocket at the starts. You two in front of me were napping :D
Back to top Go down
Frank Labédan
Racing Legend
Frank Labédan

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 22:59

Frank Labédan wrote:
Si Heccle est là alors ...je viendrai lui pourrir la vie Wink (euh ...pour rire bien sur Smile)

Je pensais pas si bien dire mon pauvre Greg lol!
Premiere victoire mais quelle belle bagarre Smile ...il n'a rien laché le bougre !
merci encore aux lappés, et bravo au duo de choc pour les commentaires ... mes freres ont suivi la course et ont ete impressionné par la retransmission :top:
:first:
Back to top Go down
Tiago Malafaya
Racing Legend
Tiago Malafaya

Number of posts : 3384
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 23:01

Mike Becnel wrote:
Were your tires absolutely fried?

Well, not fried, but entering the red, yes.

I went for the race with softs and praied they would last half distance; before entering the pits for the tyre change, the car was getting too loose, same as the final stages of the race, but I was aware of that already at the time :antoine:
Back to top Go down
Florkin Marc
Pro Driver

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 12 May 2013 - 23:27

Grand bravo aux commentateurs, du grand ART.

Bravo au poduim et à tous

Désolé pour le Lag, je vais essayer de comprendre l'origine. scratch

Je dois encore analyser la course, c'est le vide dans ma tête !!

Mais il y a eu de la bagarre, notement avec Freitas

9 ième et satisfait, mais il doit encore y avoir du progrès, quelques fautes au début,je dois voir le replay!

Félicitations à tous les acteurs de ce championnat

Marcus :hello:
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 8:03

pour ma part tres deçu :smil20: y a pas grand chose a dire , en tete les 3/4 de la course puis les 10 derniers tours de chaque relais mes pneus étaient mort , fin de l histoire , impossible de pouvoir lutter Neutral

Deja que la Dallara ( avec mon oncle au volant ) était tres difficile a battre jusque la, mais la a silverstone avec le nouvel upgrate de la Dallara ( plus de puissance moteur et aéro ) ca devient juste impossible :smil20: pour ma part la limite " humaine" avec la minardi est atteinte , je finis avec dans les 45 s d avance sur Gui chose non voulue j avais prévu de me contenter d une petite dizaine de secondes mais impossible a faire et de ne pas etre a l attaque max sans une seule marge de sécurité avec la Dallara aux fesses , mais le chassis donc par effet domino les pneus ne peuvent pas suivre ce traitement sur la minardi . pale

bravo a toi Dadou pour ta belle victoire :clap: :clap:
bravo a tous les finisseurs :top: ( jolie course sur le live Marcus les conseils commencent a porter leurs fruits )

bravo a mon cher Ben et Antoine pour le live , toujours un plaisir a visionné . comme on a pu le constater hier ca n est pas facile de pouvoir suivre tout ce qu il se passe :langue: ) juste pour info a 10 tours de la fin des que je me retrouve a 18 s d un coup vous en déduisez que je me suis sorti alors qu en fait j ai décidé de faire un 2 eme arret pour avec des pneus neufs bouffer mon oncle dans les 2 derniers tours , pari perdu ( mais bon je n avais pas le choix ) sorti a 19 s et j ai fini a 3 s mais bon il a levé dans le dernier tour il semblerait .

Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 11:23

Sans doute ma meilleure course au volant de la Williams
Je ne sais pas si c'est le nouveau pack aéro ou mon setup mais en course j'avais une voiture parfaite Very Happy

J'ai commencé mon warm up par quelques tours de qualif mais visiblement aucun autre pilote n'etait venu me disputer cette 26eme place sur la grille

En fin de warm up je me suis etonné dans le tchat de ne pas voir mon nom en fin de grille mais celà n'a pas été relevé et c'est en prenant place sur la grille et que j'ai constaté que mes retros etaient pleins de F1, j'avais atterri en 12eme position scratch

Un leger temps d'hesitation au moment du start et j'ai coupé l'envol d'Alberto, désolé
Mais dans l'ensemble je prends un bon départ, evitant les accrochages, je ne perds qu'une seule place et je boucle les 2 premiers tours en 13eme positions
Je me fais un peu tasser dans le suivant, je perds 5 places sur le coup et me retrouve 18eme derrière Alberto mon chef de file Wink

Il va s'en suivre une grosse bagarre avec la Benetton de Cyril, 5 tours pendant lesquels se fut viril mais propre :top:

Gérard et sa McLaren sont dans mes roues et nous commençons à revenir sur la Jordan de Jay
Les leaders nous prennent 1 tour dans le 19eme

Dans le 27eme je decide de passer par les pits pour changer mes pneus "super soft" mais Gerard se fait de plus en plus pressant derrière moi .....et comme ma Williams n'a pas encore reçu son pack "clignotants", il me touche juste avant l'entrée et m'envoie en t.a.q :smil20:
Pas de gros degats visiblement sur nos 2 F1, Gérard m'attend mais je parviens tout de même à rentrer à mon stand

L'arrête se prolonge un peu à cause de la reparation (15s) mais je reste devant Gérard qui a du piter (15s) au tour suivant Wink

Marcus me prend 1 tour dans le 44eme mais j'arrive à le suivre sans trop de probleme, il me servira de lièvre pour revenir sur Jay
Dans le 54eme tour je parviens à depasser Jay et à prendre la 11eme place à 3 tours des champions Very Happy

Je viens de revivre la course dans le live, devant ce fut vraiment une belle course, un grand bravo à Franck, Greg, Gui et Yves pour le spectacle :clap:
Un grand merci à Ben et Antoine pour l'animation :top:

A la prochaine Wink
Back to top Go down
Jon Lasa
Club Driver
Jon Lasa

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 19:22

Bit sad

I was enjoying my first F1 race and engine said "enough" at 80% of race

Very hard to maintain all rest drivers gaps

And... I think not calculated very well this long race... I had no wheels at last 10 laps and I would have a lot of problems to finish if engine continued working

So sorry if I bother any driver, I tried to evite any stress situation

Everything went very fast for me

Thanks for this race
Back to top Go down
Vincent Beretta
Racing Legend
Vincent Beretta

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 20:12

Je viens de regarder le début de course. J'ai eu du lag.
Désolé Pat, je t'assure qu'en course, je suis loin de toi.
Sorry Richard, same as Pat, That's only lag, I was not drunk.

Comme Marc, c'est pénible ce lag, faut que je remette un cable pour les courses.
Back to top Go down
Ben Paulet
Racing Legend
Ben Paulet

Number of posts : 8291
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 21:35

Greg Goissen wrote:
juste pour info a 10 tours de la fin des que je me retrouve a 18 s d un coup vous en déduisez que je me suis sorti alors qu en fait j ai décidé de faire un 2 eme arret
La prochaine fois envoies-nous ta stratégie par mp, on ne se trompera pas. :langue:
Back to top Go down
Richard Coxon
Racing Legend
Richard Coxon

Number of posts : 16590
Registration date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 21:41

Vincent Beretta wrote:

Comme Marc, c'est pénible ce lag, faut que je remette un cable pour les courses.

No problem vincent, At the time i will admit i was quite angry but all forgotten now :D
Back to top Go down
Guillaume Siebert
League Owner
Guillaume Siebert

Number of posts : 13827
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 22:04

Course en mode limitation des dégats vu le manque de vitesse de la Brabham sur ce circuit (courbes rapides + longues lignes droites elle aime pas) mais je me suis bien amusé avec Yves Smile J'ai vite compris que j'étais en galère une fois les pneus un peu usés et décide de passer sur 2 arrêts.

Ça fonctionne pas mal, puisque je ressors de mon deuxième pit avec 6s de retard sur Yves, que je rattrape avec mes pneus neufs bounce Je passe au bout d'Hangar Straight, et Yves tente de me repiquer au freinage dans la foulée, mais il a plutot piqué des pâquerettes :D Du coup je prend quelques secondes d'avance et pense que c'est plié. Mais le bougre se réveille (une fois assez d'essence pour aller au bout à fond ?) et remonte comme une balle What a Face Bon du coup j'augmente le rythme moi aussi, mais il finira vraiment dans mes échappements. :urgence:

Bravo Franck pour la victoire, la première d'une série surement vu les circuits qui viennent Wink
Back to top Go down
Greg Hunt
Racing Legend
Greg Hunt

Number of posts : 4322
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May 2013 - 22:52

Ben Paulet wrote:
Greg Goissen wrote:
juste pour info a 10 tours de la fin des que je me retrouve a 18 s d un coup vous en déduisez que je me suis sorti alors qu en fait j ai décidé de faire un 2 eme arret
La prochaine fois envoies-nous ta stratégie par mp, on ne se trompera pas. :langue:

je ne pouvais pas ca n etait pas prévu au programme ca s est decidé 40 s avant de rentrer aux stands :langue:
Back to top Go down
Patrick Marucco
Racing Legend
Patrick Marucco

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 14 May 2013 - 0:10

Vincent Beretta wrote:

Pas de probleme Vincent, j'ai bien vu que le contact etait bizarre Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]   Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - RAC British Grand Prix [May 12th]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next